Search the best hotels in Corfu
Long a favourite of travellers who like their beach break with a side of culture, Corfu is the greenest of the Ionian Islands and its historic wealth built great libraries and centres of learning - and gorgeous villas, many of which have become some of the best places to stay in Corfu.
Corfu has been welcoming tourists for 130 years at least and it's not an empty boast when the island's tourist board says they have something for everyone. There are resorts all along Corfu's coastline with the highest density around Corfu Town. To the north where there are some very private feeling coves.
The landscape inspired Homer, who called it a 'beautiful and rich land'. Mountainous in the north with steep, dramatic cliffs and pebbly coves, it flattens off below Corfu Town and the beaches become sandier and longer. The interior is a picturesque mix of cypress forests and farmland.
What not to Miss
- Corfu Town is the island's capital and is home to many of the best museums and most beautiful architecture. The Spianada, the esplanade between the Old Fortress and the Old Town, is where you'll find many of the highlights.
- The Old Royal Palace, now the Museum of Asian Art, is to the north of the Spianada and the Liston, built by Napoleon to resemble the Rue de Rivoli, is to the west.
- Corfu Town is also where the ferry services leave - it's worth spending the day on lovely Paxos if you have time.
- Corfu's oldest village, Old Perithia, is Heritage Listed and a really interesting place to stroll around. It has only 130 houses, yet eight churches! It was built high in the mountains as a hideaway from pirate attacks and because of this it was, at one time, Corfu's wealthiest village.
Corfu has a number of other villages worth visiting, including:
- Kynopiastes, which has impressive architecture and one of the island's most famous restaurants;
- Nymphes, famous for waterfalls and pools in which nymphs are said to bathe...
- Lakones, from where you can trek down to Paleokastritsa which has a gorgeous beach said to be where Odysseus first met Nausicaa
- Benitses, once a fishing village and now an historic tourist town - it's only a short distance from the Achilleion Palace.
- The beaches along Corfu's south side tend to be sandier, especially to the south west, but it's the eastern coast where waters are calmer. Though the waters are a beautiful shade of bright blue wherever you go.
- If you're looking for more isolated beaches try Pelekas, Glifada or Prasoudi. If you're here with kids, one of the best beaches for them is probably Massonghi beach.
As you'd imagine the island gets very busy during the peak summer months, so if you want to reserve one of the best places to stay in Corfu in July or August, you'll need to get organised and book well ahead.
The Best Places to Stay on Corfu
For Corfu Town
- The Bella Venezia is right by the 'Spianada' and within easy walking distance of the main attractions in the main town.
- The Corfu Palace has an excellent location, just 10 minutes stroll to the centre of town, and yet you still have wonderful ocean views - right across to the mainland. The Corfu Palace was one of the first hotels built on Corfu, so it has something of the grand old dame about it. With private balconies and terraces.
- If you want to be part of the old town, as well as close to it, the Siorra Vittoria is probably suitable. A gorgeous neo-classical building right by City Hall Square and the Ionian Parliament. Originally a mansion, this hotel is elegant and charming, a good choice for a romantic sunny break.
- The Zefiros Traditional Hotel is right on the beach in one of Corfu’s most idyllic villages where the mountains seem to roll right down into crystal clear waters. There are just 11 rooms and you’re close to bars and restaurants.
- The Merchant’s House in the heritage village of Old Perithia is a beautiful restored historic house with six Venetian-style rooms with private balconies. Charming and relaxed.
For a beach break
For a full list of our favourite Corfu Hotels for a beach break, click here. But here's a couple to whet your appetite:
- Delfino blu ticks all the boxes being located just above one of Corfu's most beautiful beaches but also close enough to Sidari so that you can visit the nightlife.
- The Marbella Beach Hotel is perfect if you're planning a beach break. Five star luxury right on a private beach - you have everything you need here and more. Including four different restaurants, watersports facilities galore, an extensive spa, pool and the opportunity to do some sailing or diving.
For Undiscovered Corfu
- Hidden away in the countryside, the Villa de Loulia is very peaceful. Only 400 metres from the nearest beach, you're also quite close to the mountains of Perithia and several interesting abandoned villages. This is also a great place for foodies - the gourmet restaurant serves local specialities.
There are a plethora of great hotels on Corfu for families, whether you're looking for a beach resort, or smaller off the beaten track option.
- The Rou Estate is perfect for a family holiday on Corfu. It comprises 14 beautifully restored village houses (each with sit out terrace and private plunge pool) which can accommodate up to 10 set amid lovely terraced Mediterranean style gardens. The feel is elegant and luxurious and there's the added benefit of a large infinity pool for all, plus superb restaurant and spoiliing spa. Sheer bliss!
- The Sidari Beach Hotel is right on Sidari Beach just a short stroll from the centre of the village. There are 31 elegant and contemporary rooms, a restaurant serving Greek and Italian cuisine and a beautiful pool.
- The 21 room Bella Mare Hotel describes itself as ‘seriously relaxing’. The accommodation is in studios and apartments - with kitchens and sea-facing balconies - and the decor is chic. There are also lovely gardens and a pool.
- The Pelecas Country Club started out as a farmhouse in the 18th century and has 11 rooms in the converted stables and old olive press. The rooms and suites are full of character and they serve a hearty brunch until 11am.
- If you're hoping to find a comfortably priced spa resort check out the Kontokali Bay Resort & Spa. When you consider you're getting a private beach, sea views, access to a 'Wellbeing Centre' and all the gadgetry and mod. cons. you could ask for then you'll see the excellent value.
- The Corfu Imperial is a big, grand hotel with private beaches, a range of restaurants and superb leisure and sports facilities. It’s a destination in its own right and can accommodate any configuration of people you’re travelling with comfortably.
On a Budget
Corfu can be overlooked as a holiday destination for those on a budget, but our gurus have sniffed out some great value hotels that won't disappoint.
- Very reasonably priced at with rooms starting from €74 per night, the Levant Hotel has a peaceful setting in the hills above the Ionian sea. This lovely neo-classical hotel is a great place to relax if you like a country house hotel vibe.
- From only €75 per night you can stay at the Melina Bay Hotel which is right under Kassiopi Castle on the beach. There are just 20 rooms, a Mediterranean restaurant on a scenic terrace and helpful staff.
For an Apartment or Villa
- If you’d prefer to stay in an apartment or private villa we recommend you visit our online partner booking.com.
- Corfu International Airport is well connected to the UK.and other European destinations. The airport is about a mile out of Corfu Town and there’s a shuttle bus - the number 15 - which travels into town fairly regularly. You can also arrive by ferry or cruise ship, which all dock at the New Port about half a mile out of town and also served by the number 15 bus.
- If you want to hire a car - which we highly recommend if you’re staying in Corfu and you want to see the island - we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- Quite a lot of people swear that summer in Corfu is better than in the rest of the Mediterranean with cooler, fresher weather than the mainland or other islands. July and August temperatures will get into the mid-30s, but between May and June and September and October the temperatures are mid-20s to 30-ish with a pleasant breeze, and for most of us that’s pretty perfect.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay on the Ionian Islands,
- Or consider one of Corfu’s neighbours? Kefalonia? Ithaca? Kythira?
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Corfu
Best Hotels in Corfu
Bella Mare Hotel Corfu 21 rooms from £99Families - Suites can easily accommodate families of four and in peak season there are a wide range of kids activitiesRomantic Break - Two luxurious villas have a separate entrance, spacious gardens, a private pool and unbelieveable viewsMinimum Stay - Sunday changeover and minimum 3 night stayKids Club - During peak summer season there are a range of supervised activities for children and teenagers
"Serious Relaxing" is how Bella Mare describes itself. Offering a range of chic rooms and suites all with private balcony or terrace, some of which sleep up to four, it is ideal for families. Plus lovely gardens and pool, direct access to Avlaki beach, and two tavernas within stumbling distance! See More
The Rou Estate Corfu 14 rooms from £187Families - The hotel's spacious self-catering villas are perfect for families travelling with children, accommodating up to 10 peopleRomantic Break - Indulge on your romantic getaway by booking a private villa with a plunge pool; couples love the discreet, quiet locationCountry Escape - Experience a country escape like no other by booking a private villa on the Rou EstateGreat walks - Explore the beautiful natural landscape surrounding the estate on a long walk; discuss your route with the Estate Manager
The Rou Estate, located in the northeast of Corfu, comprises 14 private guesthouses built using local architectural techniques; the best boast a private terrace, garden and plunge pool. There's also a Mediterranean restaurant and wellness complex. Sunday changeover and min 3 nights See More
Fundana Villas Corfu 12 rooms from £51Families - A great family-friendly base from which to enjoy an active holiday in the beautiful Corfu outdoorsSwimming Pool - Seasonal outdoor pool and kids' poolRomantic - Good for couples.Views - Great views from hotel
Charming family-run hotel in a 17th-century manor, comprised of self-catering villas surrounded by a large garden with a pool. Friendly interiors are unpretentious with bare stone, wooden beams and fine wood furniture, while fresh bedrooms feature pretty floral fabrics. An idyllic country base. See More
Mayor Mon Repos Palace Corfu 110 rooms from £64Beach Life - Right on the coast and in walking distance to beaches, this is ideal for a seaside getawayGreat walks - Enjoy a refreshing walk along the coast to the picturesque Corfu TownSights nearby - Head to the Old Venetian Fortress on the east side of old Corfu townSwimming Pool - Seasonal outdoor pool
A modern design hotel close to a beautiful beach, with a swimming pool, choice of bars and a quality restaurant. It's a wonderful medley of old and new, with fine antiques and old mirrors rubbing shoulders with contemporary furniture, while the sophisticated dove-grey rooms have great views. See More
Levant Hotel Pelekas, Corfu 25 rooms from £64Groups - The hotel welcomes groups of artists, musicians and yoga enthusiasts.Views - Breathtaking views of the Ionian Sea.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorHouse party feel - Be prepared to meet people.Recommended by - Fodors
Lovely neo-classical hotel in the hills above the Ionian sea. Attractive traditional building, charming rooms with sea facing balconies, lovely terrace and cafe, and swimming pool. A great value choice within striking distance of beaches, golf and Corfu Town. Suited to couples, families and groups. See More
Zefiros Traditional Hotel Corfu 11 rooms from £65Local exploring - In one of Corfu's most idyllic villages, ideally located close to restaurants, cafes, supermarkets, shops and small barsBack to Nature - In a beautiful setting where lush mountains meet crystal clear watersBeach Life - Located right on the beautiful Paleokastritsa beachSights nearby - The 17th century monastery in Paleokastritsa is a popular tourist attraction
Melina Bay Hotel Kassiopi, Corfu 20 rooms from £65Value chic - Chic suites for an inviting price - especially for this part of CorfuLocal exploring - The hotel will pack you a picnic box and organise a car for the dayRomantic Break - Whether a wedding, honeymoon or simply a romantic breakDiving - Can be organised through the hotel
Located under Kassiopi Castle, this beach side hotel has been recently refurbished in a contemporary style with neutral, calming colours. A terrace restaurant with views of the harbour serves classic Mediterranean dishes with a good wine list. Staff are happy to help with organising excursions. See More
Sidari Beach Hotel Karousades, Corfu 31 rooms from £69Beach Life - Located at the Sidari beach offering sun-terraces to lounge and sun batheValue chic - Great value family holiday accommodationLocal markets - Moments away from local supermarkets, cafes, souvenir shops, travel agencies and jewellersDiving - For beginners and experienced divers
A stone's throw from both the village centre and nearby Sidari beach. Elegant and contemporary rooms offer fantastic views of the ocean. The restaurant, serving Greek and Italian dishes, is inspired by local cuisine and ingredients. Enjoy Corfu's landscapes from their pool with a snack bar. See More
Marbella Beach Hotel Nr Stroggili, Corfu 393 rooms from £90Restaurant - 4 restaurants; seafood, Mediterannean, Greek, Italian.Views - Incredible views across to mainland GreeceFamilies - Two-bedroom suites.On the beach - Private beach.
Five Star luxury on the beach. Contemporary chic rooms, suites, and apartments in creams and whites with all the mod cons and sea-facing balconies. Fabulous restaurants, extensive spa, gorgeous pool and lounge area, private beach. Romantic, family friendly, often good value. See More
Bella Venezia Kerkira, Corfu 31 rooms from £87Sights nearby - Central location in Corfu Town a stone's throw from the "Spianada" and easy walking distance to all main attractions.Sailing - Can be booked nearby.TraditionalLocal markets - Good for local colour.
Siorra Vittoria Kerkira, Corfu 9 rooms from £87Views - Great views from hotelRomantic BreakSights nearby - Neo-classical building of Corfu old town, close to City Hall Square and the Ionian ParliamentSailing - Can be booked nearby.Recommended by - Fodors, CN Traveller
A gorgeous neo-classical mansion in Corfu's old town. Elegant rooms and suites have parquet floors, high wooden-beamed ceilings, and all the mod cons. Lovely garden, sitting room, and breakfast dining room. Easy access to restaurants, beaches and sights. A great choice for romantics and groups. See More
Locandiera Corfu 9 rooms from £87Local exploring - In the heart of the romantic and picturesque Corfu town, and in easy distance of stunning beaches and walksSights nearby - Visit the the impressive New and Old Fortresses, St Spyridon Church and the iconic EsplanadeSailing - Can be booked nearby.Local markets - Good for local colour.
A charming little hotel in a lovely old Venetian building. Pretty interiors feature floral fabrics and rustic wooden furniture and fittings, creating a homey and friendly ambience. The minimal-chic rooms are embellished with natural materials and artisanal artwork. A convenient and cosy base. See More
Corfu Palace Kerkira, Corfu 115 rooms from £104Views - Great views over Garitsa Bay to the Greek mainlandSights nearby - 10 minute walk from the centre of Corfu TownSpa - Thalassotherapy spa centreSwimming Pool - Outdoor and Indoor PoolsRecommended by - CN Traveller
Delfino blu Agios Stefanos, Corfu 15 rooms from £113Foodies - Wonderful Greek restaurant.Beach LifeRomantic BreakViews - Great views from hotel
The Merchant's House Kerkira 490 81, Corfu 6 rooms from £117Back to Nature - Located in the heritage village of Old Perithia in Corfu surrounded by beautiful mountain viewsLocal exploring - Is centrally located, ideal for exploring the village and its taverns on footGreat walks - Guided walking tours through the village explaining interesting facts and storiesDiving - Crystal clear waters and thriving flora and fauna yet to be discovered
Kontokali Bay Resort & Spa Kontokali, Corfu 259 rooms from £124Views - Wonderful views over the Ionian SeaOn the beach - Private beach.Beach LifeSpa breaks
Contemporary chic hotel and spa resort with private beach. Rooms, suites and garden bungalows have creamy furnishings, wooden floors, modern gadgetry and sea views from private balconies. Extensive spa, salt water infinity pool and good restaurant and bar. Great for a beach holiday, family friendly. See More
MarBella Nido Corfu 70 rooms from £134Romantic Break - Couples looking for serenity to recharge and relax in an utterly peaceful, adults-only environmentBeach Life - Offers a secluded beach location opening onto the Ionian Sea on the island's pretty east coastSights nearby - Check out Corfu with its arcades, eateries, pretty streets and markets or visit the once-abandoned medieval village of PerithiaGreat walks - Hike or bike in Corfu’s mountainous north (70 minutes away)
A luxury beach hotel with suites featuring private pools and great views. The terraced design in Corfiate colours nods to the island's Venetian and Greek heritage with arches and terraces, while rooms are light and stylish. Offering two restaurants and a private beach- an ideal romantic retreat! See More
Villa de Loulia Peroulades, Corfu 9 rooms from £139Romantic BreakSights nearby - Mountains of Perithia and discover the ancient abandoned village.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorSailing - Can be booked nearby.Recommended by - I Escape, CN Traveller
Domes Miramare Corfu 113 rooms from £139Beach Life - A sophisticated hotel right by a beautiful beach, great for relaxed seaside holidaysSights nearby - Visit the beautiful Church of Saint Spiridon and the historic villages of Palaiokastritsa and PontikonisiSailing - Hire a boat and head to the laser-blue water of the Paleokastritsa cavesRestrictions on children - Children over 16 are welcomeRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
A luxury seafront hotel with a private beach and lovely pool terrace area with an ancient olive tree. The sleek bars and restaurant are the height of luxury with designer pieces and stylish artworks, while bright, elegant rooms and suites have floor-to-ceiling windows. A sophisticated seaside base. See More
La Grotta Verde Grand Resort Corfu 353 rooms from £144Local exploring - Framed by cliffs draped in greenery and looking towards the sea with a charming village nearby, ideal for leisurely explorationGreat walks - Head to Mount Pantokrator, Corfu’s highest peak is in the north of the island, for a bracing hikeSights nearby - Head to Corfu Old Town to explore its fortresses, beautiful churches and iconic sightsRestrictions on children - Children older than 16 years are welcome
A large cliffside luxury hotel, with an array of bars and restaurants, both al-fresco and inside. There are various pools and terraces with amazing views of the sea, ideal for romantic sunset walks. Bright rooms are refined and modern, with simple, tasteful decor. A lovely coastal treat for couples. See More
Mr & Mrs White Corfu 38 rooms from £144Romantic Break - This adults-only luxury hotel close to a stunning beach is ideal for an idyllic couple's retreatSights nearby - Wander around the churches and sights of the pretty local townRestrictions on children - Children 16 and older are allowed at the hotelSwimming Pool - Seasonal outdoor pool
A chic luxury hotel enclosed by a pretty garden with a pool and comfy, relaxing loungers. The minimal style is fresh and contemporary while the artisanal pieces add a cool artistic feel. The designer rooms feature indulgent beds and crisp white linens. A perfect romantic bolthole. See More
Pelecas Country Club Pelekas, Corfu 11 rooms from £147Families - Family suites available and with babysitting services as well as on and off site activities they will have plenty to do!Country Escape - A veritable country club - escape in the lap of luxurySights nearby - Corfu TownSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRecommended by - Fodors
Starting life as an 18th Century farmhouse this chic country club features accommodation located in refurbished stables, old olive press and original farmhouse. The bedrooms and suits are full of character, with antique furniture and beautiful private terraces. A hearty brunch served until 11am. See More
Ikos Dassia Corfu 411 rooms from £160Active Holiday - Greek dancing, yoga lessons, tennis courts, swimming pools and island biking make this hotel perfect for sporting enthusiastsTotal relaxation - Enjoy the two hotel spas or relax besides the pool with a drink and book in hand whilst enjoying guaranteed good weatherSpecial Offer - This incredible hotel offers so much activity, entertainment, style, food and comfort all with a reasonable price tagFamilies - All-inclusive kids club offers various activities enabling adults to relax knowing their children are in safe hands
A stunning luxury hotel boasting an enviable location on a private stretch of white sand beach with spectacular sea-views. Chic white-on-white style dominates throughout lending a cool fresh feel. Expect a selection of superb restaurants, a spa area and kids-club all included in the price. See More
Corfu Imperial Corfu 274 rooms from £185Families - Villas and Bungalows designed to accommodate large families with a private dining and butler serviceSwimming Pool - An outdoor and indoor pool as well as private villa poolsDiving - Private diving courses available for guestsKids Club - Grecoland kids' club for children 3 – 13+