Search the best hotels in Gurgaon
A satellite city located within easy reach of Delhi and Indira Gandhi airport. Having sprung to life in the last decade Gurgaon is a business hub with a skyline permeated with shiny high-rises and global names. Owing to its largely business clientele it has seen an influx of luxury hotel chains and top class restaurants. So, many of the best places to stay in Gurgaon enjoy unparalleled facilities and services.
But Gurgaon is a tale of two cities. Enjoying greater open spaces, venture away from its business district and you'll find some delightful country abodes for travellers wanting to give the clamour of Delhi a miss. Whether it's for business or tranquillity, Gurgaon has both.
- Cyber City has a smorgasbord of local and international restaurants to choose from. We would recommend Olive for fresh Italian cuisine and Dhaba by Claridges for regional Indian.
- Located just 15km from Gurgaon, Sultanpur National Park is a haven for birdwatchers and picnickers. Cranes, flamingos, wagtails, pelicans and much more can all be spotted.
- It is said that many a business deal has been made on the golf course and the DLF Country Club is no exception. A championship 18 hole course in the heart of the CBD it includes tennis courts, a spa and pool. Make sure to take your business cards.
- The Delhi Airport Metro Express gets you into central Delhi, without having to contend with the traffic. Plus it costs around 20 rupees (around 20p)!
Our pick of the best places to stay in Gurgaon are excellent for both business and leisure travellers.
For luxurious stay
- A relative newcomer to Gurgaon, The Oberoi is unrepentant in its lavishness. A larger than Olympic sized pool encases this cubist offering to modern day royalty.
- Architectural perfection The Trident, Gurgaon is all smooth sandstone lines and immaculate lawns. Far from the usual corporate business affair it caters for all clientele.
For colonial charm
- An enigma of a property and a destination rather than a hotel Tikli Bottom has been doing things differently since the off. A modern, Lutyen’s bungalow style property it is a slice of colonial India encased in the Aravalli hills.
Still not sure which to book? From contemporary to colonial browse through our list of the best places to stay in Gurgaon to start to plan your trip. Alternatvely widen the net and see what we recommend in Delhi. Or contact one of our friendly gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Gurgaon
Best Hotels in Gurgaon
The Trident Gurgaon (Haryana) 136 rooms from £93Total relaxation - A breath of fresh air amidst the chaos of the citySights nearby - Hire a care for the day and explore Delhi's sights including Qutab Minar, Khan Market, and Old DelhiSwimming Pool - Outdoor poolDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.
A personalised stay for a 136-room 'business' hotel. Boasting a superb spa, several dining options (from Asian to home comforts, plus plenty of health-conscious options) and a long list of facilities. Peace and tranquillity in the city - a great value option with plenty of welcome extras. See More
Trident Gurgaon Gurgaon (Haryana) 136 rooms from £118Birdwatching - Sultanpur National Park has a variety of native birds.Sights nearby - Delhi and its tourism spots are within easy reach.Romantic - Good for couples.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.
In seven acres of manicured grounds lies the Trident Gurgaon, a successful blend of contemporary style and Indian grandeur. Despite being considered a business hotel there is daily yoga and a spa worthy of the Oberoi name. Rooms feature huge beds and windows, fine silks and local artwork. See More
Peepal Kothi Gurgaon (Haryana) 3 rooms from £122Golf - Owner Vijay Chowdhry created two of India's most iconic courses: The Classic Golf Resort and The Tarudhan Valley Golf ResortCountry Escape - Escape the bustle of the city at this green oasis farmhouseCooking classes - Learn the art of making buttermilk and local breads in the nearby villageGreat walks - Directly from your front door, around the local farmland and plantations
A one of a kind farm homestay nestled amidst the Aravalli hills, within easy reach of Delhi, ideally located on the way to Rajasthan. Colonial bungalows are dotted around around three acres of manicured grounds. Dine in the Orangery serving British inspired cuisine and high-tea. Divine. See More
The Oberoi Gurgaon Gurgaon 202 rooms from £177Birdwatching - Sultanpur National Park Bird Sanctuary has a variety of indigenous birds.Sights nearby - The sights of Delhi are but a 45 minute drive away.Tennis - There are tennis courts for guests to use.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - Tablet
A relative newcomer Oberoi Gurgaon has been drawing the attention away from Delhi's 5* hotels. Achingly luxurious it boasts a 24 hour spa, larger than olympic sized pool and gourmet ThreeSixtyOne restaurant. Rooms are large and feature separate living areas and every mod-con including bench showers. See More
Tikli Bottom Gurgaon (Tikli) 4 rooms from £195Great walks - Through the surrounding village or across the Aravalli hills, depending on how adventurous you are feeling.Hideaway - Located between Delhi and Rajasthan amongst the Aravalli hills Tikli is a memorable escape.Birdwatching - Sultanpur bird sanctuary is home to many indigenous birds.All inclusive - The price quoted includes all meals and drinks.
Owned by self confessed Indophiles Martin and Annie this modern, Lutyen's bungalow style property is a world away from the bustle of Delhi. Peaceful gardens with shady nooks include an inviting pool and organic vegetable garden. Rooms are brimming with art and antiques and include four posters. See More