Search the best hotels in Blevio
Blevio is a commune of small villages, seven in all, that start on the shores of Lake Como and stretch northeast up the pretty, but steep, hillside of Monte Boletto, to the highest village at 1140 metres above the lake. The best places to stay in Blevio are probably those closest to the lake, but Blevio’s range of accommodation stretches up the hill to converted villas and farmhouses where the views are panoramic. Blevio also has a collection of B&Bs and apartments, but just the one really grand hotel, which is the one our Gurus recommend.
When it comes to Blevio’s treasures, our Gurus list a number of historic villas, the Nairola Stone — an enormous granite boulder, and the ancient Church of Saints Goedian and Epimaco, built in the 15th century. But really Blevio is ideal for anyone wanting to be nearby to the conveniences of Como — five kilometres away — without being in it. For the peaceful, traffic-free, bougainvillea-scented charms of Blevio are entirely different from the bustle of Como, offering romance without the hustle.
Because it is so spread out Blevio is a quieter choice than Lake Como’s major centres, and some of the best places to stay in Blevio make great picks for families and people planning an active break, like walkers or cyclists. Our Gurus also recommend Blevio to honeymooners looking for a more intimate locale.
The Best Places to Stay in Blevio
For a Special Occasion
- The Mandarin Oriental, Lake Como is an incredibly grand looking spa hotel right on the water front, with elegant, historic buildings rising up behind it on a lush hillside. Converted from a number of gorgeously opulent villas, there’s plenty of luxury remaining in the 73 rooms and suites, and grand communal areas. There are two gourmet restaurants, a subterranean spa hewn into the rocky shoreline, an indoor pool, and an outdoor pool that floats on top of the lake. There’s plenty of scope for families, but also plenty of opportunity for romance.
Prefer a Self-catering Apartment or villa?
- Sometimes a villa or apartment is the best option if you're travelling in a larger group, so if you decide that you'd prefer a self catering option, check out our online booking partner, booking.com for some inspiration.
- Blevio’s closest airports are Milan’s Linate, Malpensa and Bergamo Airports, which are about 45minutes away by road, or just over an hour away by train via Saronno. Brescia-Montichiari and Verona-Villafranca are the next closest options, just under an hour away by road, or four hours on public transport.
- If you want to hire a car, which we strongly advise if you’re staying on Lake Como and want to tour around, we recommend you visit our online partner, Rentalcars.
- Lake Como has a milder climate than its surrounds, its great body of water helps regulate the temperature, and allows for sub-tropical plants like grapevines and olive trees to grow throughout the year. In winter is does get chilly, and in summer it can be humid, but broadly speaking it has some of the best weather conditions in Europe. April through to October are the busiest months for visitors, warm and sunny, perfect for a lake break, and coinciding with travel to Europe generally. The water of the lake even heats up during summer, and can get to 20°C come July! So if you are visiting at this time it’s worth booking as much as you can in advance.
Still not sure where to stay?
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay on Lake Como
- Consider including other local towns in your search; elegant Como is just along the shoreline to the west, and smaller Cernobbio is just beyond, or you could travel east along the shore from Blevio and reach peaceful Torno, or beautiful Bellagio
- You could also consider refining your search by the kind of accommodation you’re looking for, be it the best hotels with a view on Lake Como, the best luxury hotels on Lake Como, the best hotels for families on Lake Como or the best value hotels on Lake Como
- Alternatively, you could contact one of our friendly gurus for personalised advice.
Monthly Weather in Blevio
Best Hotels in Blevio
Mandarin Oriental, Lake Como Blevio 73 rooms from £607Elegant - A grand 19th century villa decorated with that signiture Asian style of the Mandarin Oriental groupFamilies - Interconnecting rooms make this a great choice for those travelling with childrenTotal relaxation - With a glorious spa and quiet location this is a place to come and truly unwindHotel boats for hire - Take a cruise across the lake on one of the property's boatsRecommended by - Tablet, Small Luxury Hotels