Search the best hotels in Emilia Romagna
About Emilia Romagna
Emilia Romagna runs like a beautiful band almost all the way across Northern Italy, starting on the Adriatic coast, crossing the Apennine Mountains, reaching the Po River in the north, and almost touching Genoa on the Ligurian Sea. This is the perfect destination for a rural escape, or for an historic one, because the region is known for its fantastic produce, wonderfully historic towns and cities, and enchanting rural views. Our picks for the best places to stay in Emilia Romagna encompasses a promisingly varied range of accommodation, which includes charming, but inexpensive farmhouses-turned-argiturismos; minimalist hotels owned and designed by fashion houses; romantic B&Bs in picturesque city centres; luxuriously converted hunting lodges and former palaces; and contemporary five star hotels.
Once the great ancient Roman road, the Via Aemilia, ran through this green and gently undulating part of Italy, connecting Piacenza and Rimini, and that’s where the name came from. But us contemporary folks may know Emilia Romagna better as the birthplace of Ferrari, Lamborghini and Bugatti; and Verdi and Pavarotti too; or as the region responsible for the production of Parma ham, Parmigiano Reggiano, and balsamic vinegar. Emilia Romagna also has Italy’s largest theme park; the coastline of the Adriatic Riviera; and an exceptional number of World Heritage listed churches, palazzos and other notable buildings. So the best places to stay in Emilia Romagna suit everyone from honeymooners to bucket-and spade families, or budding chefs to art historians.
The best places to stay in Emilia Romagna for foodies include Parma and Modena, and our Gurus recommend Ferrara, Ravenna and capital Bologna to anyone looking for a city break with a cultural edge. While Rimini has the beach. Emilia Romagna’s food and cars are exported, but the graceful architecture and incredible countryside require a visit, and are surprisingly little known.
The Best Places to Stay in Emilia Romagna
For a Special Occasion
- Roncolo 1888 is a stunning wine and balsamic vinegar estate in Italy's "Food Valley". The historic buildings now contain a range of beautiful rooms and suites with just enough modern design alongside beautiful period features to create an elegant and sophisticated feel throughout. In addition there are lovely gardens with a pool and loungers for lazy days and a fine-dining farm-to-fork restaurant show-casing the food of the region and the fabulous wines and vinegars produced on site.
- The Horti della Fasanara is a carefully renovated hunting lodge belonging to a castle estate. It has just four luxurious rooms and suites, with mezzanine levels and minimalist chic decor. Plus acres of beautiful parkland all around. Romantic and private.
- Luxurious and well positioned within Bologna’s pedestrianised centre, while also being very affordable, the Hotel Corona d'Oro is a traditional choice. Its 40 rooms and suites — including some family-sized suites — are dressed with classical furnishings, parquet flooring, stucco work and original exposed beams. The communal spaces are even more elegantly decorated. The hotel bikes and chic bar are great extras.
- The Hotel Commercianti is another charming choice within Bologna’s pedestrianised centre, which also offers the use of hotel bikes to guests. It’s a similar size to the Corona d’Ora, with 35 rooms and suites, but the decor is from an earlier era; think tiled floors, original oak beams, and frescoes. They also have a couple of family-sized suites. What the Commercianti doesn’t have is a restaurant, but they do lay out a very hearty breakfast, and run cooking classes.
- The Hotel Rua Frati 48 is another centrally located hotel (in Modena this time), offering a collection of 30 extremely spacious rooms and suites, decorated with traditional details like beautiful parquet floors, frescoes on the ceilings, wood panelled walls, and marble fireplaces. The romantic restaurant is known of its local cuisine, and intimate atmosphere, and there’s a sleek bar and welcoming spa onsite too.
For a Beach Break
- Carducci 76 is a chic beach hotel choice, just along the coast from Rimini in Cattolica. This makes its level of chic more affordable, and as it's owned by the Ferretti fashion house, it’s quite a high level of chic! The 38 rooms and suites offer classic minimalist monochrome, with plenty of space and huge bathrooms. The hotel has a restaurant, and the fashion house owns another seafood restaurant next door. We rate the spa too.
- The I-Suite Hotel is right in amongst Rimini’s buzziest beach spots, an ultra-cool contemporary hotel with a space age vibe, white décor and huge windows. There are 54 rooms and suites, and our Gurus recommend you make sure yours has a balcony, because the sea views are stunning. Expect DJ sets and hip events poolside, and in the bar, plus a friendly restaurant specialising in local cuisine.
For a City Break
- The Hotel Touring offers stylish yet unfussy accommodation almost hidden along a quiet street right around the corner from some of Bologna’s most historic vias and piazzas. The 38 rooms and suites are compact but very well thought out, some of the single rooms have private balconies and even space for a double bed. One of the hotel’s nicest features is its roof terrace with a view — and a hot tub.
- Vittorio Veneto 25 is a six room hotel on the site of Modena’s former city walls, right on the edge of the oldest part of town. The property itself is a charming townhouse, beautifully restored and updated, so that its six rooms and suites offer contemporary style in a warm palette of deep greys and pastels. Our Gurus like the lighting and small, private balconies overlooking the oldest part of town. Some of the suites are suitable for families too.
- The Hotel Porta San Mamolo is only a few minutes outside the centre of Bologna, and offers more traditional Italian hotel decor in its 28 spacious rooms: think feature wallpaper, exposed beams, and elegant lighting. Our Gurus appreciate the buffet breakfast, courtyard garden, and hotel bikes to borrow.
For Historic Emilia Romagna
- I Portici is an elegant, all-round choice, with a grand grey and pink facade complete with the portico arcades Bologna is known for. The scale of the public areas is as grand as the facade, and the 89 rooms and suites are of a good size, with a choice of room styles and decor in minimalist pale greys and neutral shades. Our favourite rooms have small balconies overlooking the Via dell-Indipendenza. There are two restaurants, one with a Michelin star.
- The Hotel Annunziata is a design hotel perfectly situated within Ferrara’s pedestrianised area, just a short stroll from the city’s main sights. Its 27 rooms and suites offer contemporary design in a historic setting, with simple decor; the best enjoy castle views. The hotel has a fleet of bikes if you want to expand your radius for exploration.
- The Salotto delle Arti is a 19th century townhouse in Modena, with five elegant guest rooms featuring original details — like frescoes, parquet flooring, and open fireplaces — to which they’ve added plush linens, chandeliers and stylish antiques. Romantic and opulent.
- The Locanda Antiche Macine is an eight room property, cleverly converted from an olive mill built in the 17th century. Accommodation is in rooms, suites and self-catering apartments, so this is an easy choice for groups and families as far as space is concerned. It also has lovely gardens, with a pool and tennis courts, and wonderful views of the surrounding countryside. The friendly restaurant is known for its local specialities, and they offer cooking classes if you want to take a recipe home with you, and wine tastings. Great value too and a short drive to the coast.
- The Antico Borgo di Tabiano Castello is a wonderfully romantic castle-hotel nestled in the hills just outside Parma. The castle has 40 elegant rooms and suites, all individually decorated with antiques and details in keeping with the castle-atmosphere; expect exposed beams, dark wood and beautiful original floors. You will also enjoy wonderful views from the castle’s many terraces, plus a pool, a hammam, and an excellent restaurant serving local specialities.
- Close to Ravenna’s Basilica, and within its network of traffic-free streets, you’ll find the Albergo Cappello, a traditional 19th Century hotel with seven romantic rooms. Each room has its own character, and features include high ceilings, frescoes, exposed beams, chandeliers and antiques. There is also an excellent, authentic Italian restaurant, and chic wine bar.
- Converted from an elegant townhouse in the heart of Modena, the Hotel Cervetta 5 has just five rooms and suites, all fresh-feeling, and decorated in bright neutrals. There’s no restaurant, but they have an airy breakfast room and a chic hotel bar specialising in aperitivi-post-explorations.
For a Rural Retreat
- You’ll find the Agriturismo alla Cedrara just outside Ferrara, a handsome sandstone farmhouse with eight lovely spacious rooms: some suites, some doubles and some triples. There are plenty of original features like stone floors and exposed beams, and lovely terraces opening out onto glorious gardens. Family friendly and very affordable.
For Great Value
- Converted from a 15th century townhouse, within Ravenna’s pedestrianised centre, the M Club is a charming, four-room guesthouse. We like it for its original features — especially the bedrooms under the eaves — and for the care taken in decorating each of its rooms with hand-picked antiques. Perfect for anyone looking for some local Italian hospitality.
- The Palazzo Dalla Rosa Prati is an elegant guesthouse ideally located in the medieval centre of Parma. Its accommodation includes both hotel rooms and suites, and larger apartments, which are idea for families. Each of the 11 options has been uniquely designed and decorated, but they all have well chosen furnishings and magical views of Parma.
- The Locanda del Feudo is in a small town just outside Modena. It’s been converted from a traditional house, and now offers accommodation in large suites with high ceilings, exposed beams and elegant furnishings. Plus there's an excellent traditional restaurant with an extensive wine cellar.
- Santa Maria Foris is a charming B&B in the heart of Ravenna’s old town, with just six spacious rooms and suites, elegantly decorated with a contemporary, monochrome vision, against original terracotta tiles and Italian wallpaper. Each of the rooms has been individually decorated, and some have beautiful views. The location, just five minutes from the main square and the Basilica, is perfect for sightseeing.
- The Pio Rooms is a wonderfully characterful and intimate B&B in the heart of Parma. These three, cosy, traditional rooms feature exposed wooden beams, soft lighting, and carefully chosen antiques; and the breakfast will really set you up for the day exploring Parma.
Prefer a Private Apartment or Villa?
- If you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- Depending on your itinerary, you’re probably most likely to fly into Bologna Airport, or Florence’s Amerigo Vespucci international airport, but Parma International Airport is a useful hub if you don’t mind changing flights, or you’re flying internally within Italy. Bologna is on the high-speed train routes of both Trenitalia and Italo, which makes it very easy to get to from other major Italian hubs and cities It’s also fairly well connected to the regional rail network.
- If you want to hire a car we recommend you visit our online partner, Rentalcars.
- The best time to visit Emilia Romagna depends on your itinerary. If you’re here for the beach, summer is definitely the best time — though this is also the busiest time for travel here. If you’re visiting Emilia Romagna for its historic treasures and charms, summer will be unnecessary hot and humid, with April through June offering far more pleasant weather for appreciating architecture and strolling charming old centres. Foodies will probably want to plan for September and October, when there are food festivals all over the region, and corresponding harvests. Emilia Romagna’s winter starts at the end of November and runs until March, and while winters here are comparatively mild, and you could easily do your sightseeing comfortably, during this period some businesses close. As with many Italian destinations, Christmas is a beautiful period of celebration in Emilia Romagna, but this is a quiet period to visit. Easter is very special too.
Still not sure where to stay?
- You could refine your search by the kind of holiday you’re planning and consider the best places to stay in Rimini, by the beach
- Or the best places to stay in Ferrara, or Ravenna which are both crammed with historic treasures.
- Or for foodies, the best places to stay in Parma or Modena
- Or large and lovely, Bologna
- Alternatively, you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
Monthly Weather in Emilia Romagna
Best Hotels in Emilia Romagna
Roncolo 1888 Quattro Castella, Emilia Romagna 17 rooms from £304Foodies - Perfect for foodies Roncolo 1888 is in the heart of "Food Valley" and very close to the famous Osteria Francescana in ModenaCountry Escape - A beautiful country escape in a carefully restored historic property. Chic rooms, great food and wine produced on siteWine tasting - Not only does the estate produce its own organic Lambrusco and sparkling wines, but also delicious balsamic vinegarLocal exploring - Well located for exploring Emilia Romagna's Food Valley, plus Parma and Modena are easily accessible
A stunning wine and balsamic vinegar estate in Emilia-Romagna's "Food Valley". Beautifully appointed rooms and suites are the perfect balance of modern design and period features; interiors ooze elegance and sophistication. Ristorante Limonaia serves fabulous farm-to-fork cuisine. Countryside chic. See More
Agriturismo alla Cedrara Ferrara 8 rooms from £35Value chic - Excellent value.TraditionalLocal markets - Good for local colour.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.
Carducci 76 Rimini 38 rooms from £68City Style - Seriously cool cosmopolitan interiors.Romantic BreakDesigner - The hotel is owned by the Ferretti fashion house.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool
A superbly chic cosmopolitan hotel owned by the Ferretti fashion house. Set on the coast, near Rimini, a popular beach spot. Minimalist interiors have Japanese Zen and hints of Africa. Sumptuous rooms and suites have large bathrooms, excellent spa treatments, two fab restaurants. See More
Locanda Antiche Macine Santarcangelo di Romagna, Emilia Romagna 8 rooms from £71Families - Activities for all: tennis, pool, riding, football field, cycling and theme parks nearby. Apartments have kitchens for picnicsCountry Escape - This converted olive press has gardens, pool, wine tasting, cookery classes, and miles of idllyic walking routesSights nearby - Romagna sights of Ravenna and Riccione, Cesenatico and Milano MarittimaFishing - At nearby lake “Felloniche”
A traditional hotel in a converted 17th century olive mill. Rooms and apartments have antique pieces, wooden floors and views of Montalbano countryside. Pool, tennis court and gardens filled with walnut and olive trees. Speciality dishes from the Emilia Romagna region. A charming spot for a family. See More
Santa Maria Foris Ravenna 6 rooms from £75Sights nearby - Five minutes walk from the Basilica San VItale and Piazza del Popolo square.Sailing - Perfect stopping point for a sailing trip around the Adriatic coast.Romantic - Good for couples.
Locanda del Feudo Modena (Castelvetro) from £76Sights nearby - Rocca di Vignola, Ferrari Factory, and Ferrari Museum.Local markets - Good for local colour.TraditionalGreat walks - Good for walkers.
A traditional house filled with romance and rustic charm. Large suites have high ceilings, wooden beams, elegant furnishings, and all the mod cons including DVD players. An excellent traditional restaurant and extensive wine cellar. Plenty to explore, including the Ferrari museum. See More
Pio Rooms Parma 3 rooms from £69City Style - This wonderful B&B located in the heart of Parma is a perfect location for getting to know the cityLocal exploring - Only a short walk away from the city's sights, you've really got no excuse not to go exploring!Sights nearby - The Cattedrale di Parma and Basilica di Santa Maria della Steccata are well worth a visit as well as a handful of other sightsGreat walks - Wander leisurely around the historic old town to truly get a feel of Parma
A charming and intimate B&B situated in the heart of Parma. Its rooms are traditionally decorated with exposed beams, warm lighting and a cosy feel. Be sure to fuel your daily sightseeing trips with their wonderful breakfast served each morning. A quiet, chic city hideaway. See More
Hotel Posta Reggio nell'Emilia, Emilia Romagna 38 rooms from £76Local markets - Perfect for exploring the streets and markets of Reggio Emilia.Sights nearby - Visit the production sites of Parmigiano Reggio.
A delightful stay in the historic centre of Reggio Emilia in a five hundred year old hotel. Every room is individually furnished giving each persons stay a distinctive feel. The rich heritage of the place is exemplified by original frescos on the hotel walls. One for all the parmesan lovers. See More
CasaDodici Cesenatico 5 rooms from £77Romantic Break - Elegant rooms, long walks on the beach and fantastic meals at the restaurant-perfect for a romantic trip away!Value chic - A great value stay for such a stylish hotelSailing - Get in touch with the Daniel's Ship Sailing School for either tourist cruises or lessonsDiving - Explore the depths of the ocean with the Diving Club Paguro Sub
Overlooking the Leonardo da Vinci Canal, CasaDodici B&B features smart, individually decorated rooms with fantastic views. Quiet, intimate, chic and with the beach nearby-perfect for a romantic getaway. A wonderful continental breakfast is included in the rate. A great, well-priced stay. See More
Palazzo dalla Rosa Prati Parma 11 rooms from £77City Style - The hotel is situated in Parma's medieval square, a perfect base to explore the city fromValue chic - Large rooms, ideal for families, are great valueLocal markets - There are plenty of local markets to check out, most notably on Wednesday and Saturday mornings in Piazza Della GhiaiaSights nearby - Only a short walk from many of the city's sights such as the Parco Ducale, Stadio Ennio Tardini and Piazza Duomo ParmaRecommended by - Michelin Travel
Elegant guesthouse featuring traditionally decorated rooms and apartments in the heart of Parma. Grab a coffee at the café before setting off for a spot of sightseeing and unwind at the end of a busy day by booking yourself a massage. Smart rooms feature colourful palettes and are great value. See More
M Club Ravenna 4 rooms from £78City Style - Located in central Ravenna this is the perfect base from which to explore the cityValue chic - Beautiful décor, a traditional stay - all at a great priceSights nearby - Visit the beautiful Basilica San Vitale or Basilica of Sant'Apollinaire Nuovo which are located less than a mile awayFull of character
Fifteenth century edifice situated in Ravenna's pedestrian area. The rooms are elegantly and traditionally decorated with lovely pieces of antique furniture. Wake up each morning to a generous buffet breakfast before exploring the city-a quaint and charming spot that's great value for money. See More
Borgo Casale Albareto 16 rooms from £87Spa breaks - Fantastic spa therapies a la carte and by weekend package.Romantic BreakRestrictions on childrenViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Michelin Travel
i quattro passeri Colline di Cesena, Emilia Romagna 6 rooms from £103Country Escape - Many excursions from hotel: Rubicon Sogliano; San Marino; sea of Cesenatico; Milano Marittima. Reach by car or bicycleSights nearby - Rimini, Ravenna, Forlì, Cesena, San Marino, and the beaches of Riccione, Cesenatico, Cervia and Milano Marittima.Views - Rubico ValleySwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
A delightful and quiet country house. Unique rooms with original details: exposed beams, stone walls and Romagna furnishings, some with kitchen areas. Large gardens, outdoor pool and spa area to relax in. Perfectly located for exploring the area and its sights. An ideal choice for a country escape. See More
Palazzo Viviani Emilia Romagna 52 rooms from £92Sights nearby - A trip to the impressive medieval fortress Gradara Castle (situated only a few miles away) is highly recommendedGreat walks - The valley has a number of beautiful hikes which are perfect for getting to know your surrounding areaViews - Great views from hotelSecluded setting - For escaping.
Palazzo Viviani is a converted medieval hilltop village in the Valcona Valley. It features elegant, spacious rooms and boasts fantastic views of the surrounding countryside. Enjoy a buffet breakfast and an evening meal out on the terrace. A delightful and well-priced stay. See More
Hotel Touring Bologna 38 rooms from £93TraditionalSights nearby - Well located for major sights.
Albergo Cappello Ravenna 7 rooms from £95Great walks - In a network of pleasant, nearly traffic-free streetsSights nearby - San Vitale Basilica; Church of San Giovanni BattistaTraditionalRestaurant - Recommended.Recommended by - Fodors, Michelin Travel
Vittorio Veneto 25 Modena 6 rooms from £95Local exploring - The location of this hotel is great for local exploring, with many of Modena's attractions within walking distanceCity Style - Set in a heritage property in the heart of the city centre, this hotel has lots of chic Modense styleRomantic Break - The stylish, discreet suites at this boutique bolt-hole are perfect for a romantic getawayGreat walks - Discover this UNESCO World Heritage Site on foot, with a long walk through the city centre. Start at the nearby Piazza Grande
This charming heritage hotel is located on the site of Modena's former city walls. Fully restored, the property now offers contemporary suites, many with original balconies offering city views. Warm lighting and a palette of deep grey and pastels complete the romantic guestrooms. See More
i-Suite Hotel Rimini Central Marina 54 rooms from £100Spa - Fabulous spa on the 6th floor with infinity pool, saunas, turkish bath and much more.Close to nightlife - Enjoy the many restaurants and bars nearbyBeach LifeSwimming Pool - Outdoor pool with pure white sun umbrellas, soft bean bags and big white mats as an alternative to the classic sun bedsRecommended by - Tablet
Hotel Porta San Mamolo Bologna 28 rooms from £103Value chic - A quaint stay with a great price tagLocal markets - Head to the Mercato di Mezza to check out the wonderful array of food at their stalls and experience the lively atmosphereSights nearby - The Church San Domenico, Via Indipendenza and Palazzo Comunale are all situates less than a mile awayFull of characterRecommended by - Michelin Travel
Located in a quiet location ten minutes outside Bologna's centre. Featuring spacious, elegantly decorated rooms with period wallpaper and exposed beams. Be sure to enjoy the buffet breakfast served each morning before going off exploring. An intimate and traditional city spot. See More
Antico Borgo di Tabiano Castello Salsomaggiore Terme Parma,, Emilia Romagna 40 rooms from £104Country EscapeSights nearby - Mazzini Park, Salsomaggiore Convention Bureau, and Thermae Di Salsomaggiore.Restaurant - Antico Caseificio serves dinner and light fare.Spa - TERME DI TABIANO Spa.
A wonderful castle nestled in the hills of Parma. Traditional elegance throughout romantic bedrooms. Wooden beams, stone walls, marble floors, soft linens. Stunning valley views from terraces, Turkish spa and pool, regional cuisine, and lots countryside exploring. Romantic, rustic, and laid back. See More
I Portici Bologna 89 rooms from £104Restaurant - Michelin starred restaurantSights nearby - Bologna Towers, Piazza Maggiore and historic Quadrilatero diistrict, all nearbyDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
Behind its very grand grey and pink facade, sheltered by the vaults of Bologna's famed arcades, (from which it takes its name) I Portici looks promisingly stylish from the moment you enter its huge, atrium-style lobby. Surprisingly good value for money and very convenient for exploring the city. See More
Horti della Fasanara Ferrara 4 rooms from £104Romantic Break - Beautiful surroundings and very luxurious interiors.Garden - Surrounded by 2.5 acres of stunning parkland.City StyleLuxuryRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
A hotel with a wow factor. A renovated hunting lodge on a castle estate. Surrounded by beautiful parkland and slightly set back from the Renaissance city Ferrara at its gates. Luxurious rooms and suites with mezzanine levels are minimal chic with four poster beds and all the mod cons. Very romantic. See More
Hotel Cervetta 5 Modena 5 rooms from £107Local exploring - Located in the heart of the old town, close to the city's main attractions, book this hotel as a base for your local exploringRomantic Break - Enjoy aperitivi at the hotel bar after a day out sightseeing, a romantic way to end the day on a couples' getawayCity Style - Set in a classic townhouse with contemporary interiors, this hotel has lots of chic Modenese styleLocal markets - Shop like a local at the Albinelli market, the oldest covered market in Modena and one of the most beautiful in Italy
This charming hotel is nestled in the heart of the old town in Modena. Behind the classic Italian townhouse facade, a spiral staircase leads to bright, contemporary rooms dressed in a neutral palette. Start the day with Modenese pastries in the airy breakfast room before a day spent sightseeing. See More
Hotel Annunziata Ferrara 27 rooms from £108City Style - Located in the city's pedestrian area, this is a fantastic spot from which to get to know FerraraLocal exploring - There's plenty of sightseeing available only a few minutes away by footSights nearby - A perfect spot for sightseeing located less than a kilometre from the Castle Estense, Ferrara Cathedral and Palazzo dei DiamantiLocal markets - The open-air market every Saturday morning is especially worth a visitRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
Salotto delle Arti Modena 5 rooms from £108Local exploring - With the city centre's main attractions just steps away from this hotel, choose this as a luxury base for your local exploringRomantic Break - With original frescoes, four-poster beds and plush linens, this hotel makes an ideal choice for a romantic couples' getawayCity Style - Set in a heritage palace in the city centre, this hotel has lots of elegant Modenese styleSights nearby - Visit the imposing Ducal Palace, a baroque building now used by the Italian military, formerly the residence of an Italian duke
This hotel offers luxury rooms inside the heritage Palazzo Montagnani in central Modena. Built-in the 19th-century, the property's elegant interiors include original frescoes and floors, complemented by stylish furniture and plush linens. An opulent base for city-centre sightseeing. See More
Locanda Del Re Guerriero Emilia Romagna 12 rooms from £113Romantic Break - Walking or riding tours along the River Po, medieval castles and meadows to see, sleep under a chandelier in this castleFamilies - Bigger suites set on two levels are perfect for families, cycling, riding, and sights of the cities Cremona and PIacenzaSights nearby - Piacenza, Parma, Cremona, Verona, Bologna, VeniceLocal markets - Good for local colour.
A chic castle hotel in the rolling countryside. Rooms are elegant and modern with wooden beams, soft drapes and chandeliers; suites split across two levels. Gardens with modern art pieces, a library, stone fireplaces, and antiques. A great choice for an escape to the countryside. See More
Borgo Conde Wine Resort Emilia Romagna 33 rooms from £117Foodies - Treat yourself at this 110 hectare working vineyard in Fiumana with three fantastic restaurants.Romantic Break - With plenty of wine, walks and spa treatments this chic resort is an ideal escape for two.Cooking classes - Make the most of your time in this foodie region and take part in the traditional Italian cooking classes.Great walks - The beautiful rolling landscape of the surrounding wine region, is ideal for walking.
An hour’s drive from Bologna, relax and be immersed in the sublime beauty of the rolling hills, vines and olive trees. Highlights include the superb organic wine, excellent restaurant, chic suites and villas, and a spa with an indoor and outdoor pool. Perfect for those looking to unwind. See More
Design Hotel Waldorf Emilia Romagna 34 rooms from £122Beach Life - Take advantage of the beachfront location to spend your days relaxing in the sun or swimming in the seaTotal relaxation - The resort's Body & Soul Spa has extensive beauty treatments and relaxation areas at your disposalTennis - The hotel has its own tennis court so there's no excuse for you not to stay active!Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Recommended by - Tablet
Design Hotel Waldorf boasts a beachfront location in Milano Marittima. Its rooms are decorated in a modern and chic manner whilst the suites themselves are incredibly luxurious and spacious. Unwind in their extensive spa facilities or spend the afternoon by the pool bar. An upmarket seaside stay. See More
Hotel Corona d'Oro Bologna 40 rooms from £129City Style - With its central location in the heart of Bologna you're in an ideal spot from which to explore the cityLocal exploring - The hotel's in a pedestrian-only zone so you can easily wander around and get to know your surroundingsSights nearby - Less than a mile away from the Bologna Towers, Piazza Maggiore and the Basilica of San Petronio-ideal for a spot of sightseeingLocal markets - Visit Mercato di Mezza to indulge in the wonderful food their stalls sell and experience the lively atmosphereRecommended by - CN Traveller
This luxurious hotel is situated in Bologna's city centre a short distance away from the sights. It features beautiful, elegantly decorated rooms and suites whilst the communal areas have stunning traditionally Italian decor. Make use of the free bikes to get to know Bologna. A classy city stay. See More
Relais la Colombara 29020 Travo, Emilia Romagna 19 rooms from £134Local exploring - Everything from exploring the hilltop castles that dot the countryside to tasting local wines.Swimming Pool - There is an outdoor pool with panoramic views and an indoor pool in the spa.Sights nearby - Rivalta Castle, an 11th century castle, is only 8km away.Romantic - Good for couples.
Elegant 4-star hotel in the medieval hill-town of Pigazzano. Combining rustic charm with a refined decor, the rooms have exposed beams, antiques and artworks. Ideal for guests looking to soak in the region's history. There is a restaurant, bar, winery, outdoor pool with panoramic views and a spa. See More
Hotel Commercianti Bologna 35 rooms from £161Local exploring - Located right in the heart of Bologna and bikes are even provided to make city exploration even easier.Local markets - Wander the streets of the Quadrilatero, the medieval market, where you can sample local delicacies.Sights nearby - Located next to the San Petronio Basilica and the Fountain of Neptune.Cooking classes - Learn how to make regional dishes at “Il salotto di Penelope”.
Palazzo di Varignana Castel San Pietro Terme (Bologna), Emilia Romagna 90 rooms from £144Spa breaks - A fabulous spa boasts an expansive treatment list, a Japanese Onsen, customised plans and no-less than six outdoor poolsWeddings - A stunning location for a wedding with receptions being able to host up to 300 peopleSights nearby - Take a short walk to visit a Medieval fortress, with an antique tower and an ancient Romanesque crypt of St. LorenzoSwimming Pool - Outdoor pools
A sprawling resort and spa located in pristine countryside just outside of Bologna. Spacious rooms are simply styled with floor to ceiling windows, indulgent bathrooms and crisp white linen. A spoiling spa is the real draw with top of the range facilities and a Japanese Onsen. See More
Antica Corte Pallavicina Emilia Romagna 6 rooms from £156Romantic Break - This traditional farm with a contemporary twist is an idyllic setting for couples to enjoy the beauty of the Parmense lowlands.Foodies - Cooking classes with the master Massimo, tours of the cellars packed with maturing cheese, and a Michelin starred restaurant.Great walks - Wander around the lovely farm and learn about how they produce their world famous salami.Cooking classes - Traditional Italian cooking classes are offered with Massimo.Recommended by - Sawdays
Exuding elegance and charm, this 14th century castle is a special and intimate experience. Its rooms are adorned with antique furniture and its atmosphere matches the rustic Parmense surroundings. The sublime Michelin starred restaurant uses ingredients produced on the farm. A rural Italian gem. See More
Hotel Orologio Bologna 33 rooms from £171Local exploring - Well situated overlooking Bologna's historic centre and walking distance from many of its sights.Sights nearby - The Piazza Maggiore and Clock Tower are just steps from the hotel.Full of characterViews - Great views from hotel
An excellently located property in the pedestrianised area of Bologna. Individually designed rooms, traditional in style, with typical Italian opulence. Heavy draped curtains, warm hues and large sash windows. Bicycles for hire to whizz around the city. An ideal base for exploring the city. See More
Grand Hotel Majestic Bologna 109 rooms from £199Local exploring - Being only 800 feet from Piazza Maggiore and Bologna's Two Towers there's no excuse to not indulge in a little sightseeing!Romantic Break - Feel like royalty in their palatial rooms and spend the day leisurely wandering around beautiful Bologna togetherCity Style - The hotel enjoys a wonderful location right in the heart of BolognaLocal markets - Be sure to visit the Mercato di Mezza to experience its lively energy and try some of the delicious food being sold
This velvet-lined 18th century palace is situated right in the heart of Bologna. Rooms and suites are decorated in an opulent, elegant manner and some adorned with unique frescoes. The restaurant serves traditional regional dishes and has an excellent wine list. An upmarket stay. See More
Hotel Rua Frati 48 Modena 30 rooms from £341Romantic Break - With plush suites, a romantic restaurant and sleek bar onsite, this hotel makes a great choice for a couples' weekend awayFoodies - Modena is one of the centres of Italian gastronomy; start your tastebuds on a journey at the traditional hotel restaurantCity Style - Set in a heritage property with elegant interiors in Modena's city centre, this hotel has reams of chic city styleLocal markets - Visit the historic Albinelli Market, a beautiful covered market in the city centre which dates back to medieval times
This Renaissance hotel sits in the heart of Modena's city centre. Elegant interiors have been carefully designed with classic wooden boiserie and modern Frau furniture for a clean, luxury feel. Sample traditional Modenese cuisine with a romantic dinner at the restaurant after sightseeing. See More
Locanda Solarola Bologna, Emilia RomagnaGroups - It's an excellent spot for large groups as there are lots of activities on offer.Foodies - The restaurant is highly rated in Italian guides.TraditionalViews - Great views from hotel