Search the best hotels in Emilia Romagna
About Emilia Romagna
Emilia Romagna is a region of beautiful Northern Italian countryside which runs all the way to the Adriatic in a band across Italy. This is an ideal region for a rural escape, with exceptionally good food, enriching rural views and some extremely beautiful towns and cities. Our Guru's picks for the best places to stay in Emilia Romagna includes a fantastically varied range of accommodation, from charming but inexpensive farmhouses-turned-argiturismos to minimalist hotels owned and designed by fashion houses, and luxuriously converted hunting lodges to five star beach hotels.
Once the Roman road, the Aemilia, ran through this green and gently undulating part of Italy, between the River Po and the Appennines, and that’s where the name came from. Emilia Romagna might also be known to you as the home of both Ferrari and Lamborghini, of Parma ham, Parmigiano Reggiano and balsamic vinegar, of the Adriatic Riviera, of Verdi and Pavarotti, of Italy’s largest theme park and of numerous Heritage Listed churches, abbeys, palaces and piazzas.
Obviously the food is a huge draw for Emilia Romagna, but the countryside is impossible to export, and is less well known. We all know Tuscany is beautiful, but the Tuscan Romagna region, roughly between Florence and Forli is one of the most unspoiled partsof Italy with some wonderfully peaceful hilltop villages and the Parco del Casentino, one of the most important woodland reserves in the Appennine Mountains.
What Not to Miss - and where to stay
City break opportunities
- Parma with its food, fashion, beautiful old cobbled streets and dramatic architecture is a great city break option. Most of Parma's highlights are within a leisurely walking distance of the centre of town, with just a little more effort required to reach the attractions on the far side of the river. You'll find cycling is popular, so join in if you fancy. Otherwise just admire the attitude of folk who'll cycle in Prada.
- Modena and Bologna are also good possibilities, Bologna with its artistic centre and its beautiful towers and porticoes, and Modena for its medieval and renaissance architecture and World Heritage Listed centre.
- Ravenna too is perfect for a short break - it's home to Italy's most astounding collection of mosaics scattered amongst unassuming looking churches and baptistries with histories dating back to the 4th century.
- Ferrara, about 50km north of Bologna, embodies Renaissance Italy. There's magnificent palazzi and stunning art collections to be seen, and it's a quiet spot as most of the crowds head to its more famous neighbours (Bologna or Venice) instead.
- Or, if you fancy a beach break then Rimini, on Italy’s Adriatic Riviera, might be ideal. This is a very Italian resort, but also a historically significant spot too, known for its Roman relics and excellent food.
- Or you could look at Cesenatico, to the north of Rimini, also a long time favourite of the Italians. Famous for its canal and port designed by Leonardo da Vinci, it boasts lovely sandy beaches, and a good array of cafes nestled amongst the historic buildings.
Don't forget that as with most of Italian properties, the best places to stay in Emilia Romagna will be much busier during the peak summer months. So if you want to guarantee a room in the best hotels, get organised and book early.
The Best Places to Stay in Emilia Romagna
- In the hills outside Parma, almost on the border with Liguria, Borgo Casale is a wonderfully rustic, but still chic, hotel with 16 charming rooms - some with lovely balconies. There are also great spa facilities and a modern restaurant. Rooms start from around £90 per night.
- The Locanda Del Re Guerriero is a chic castle hotel surrounded by rolling countryside. Inside the 12 rooms are elegant and modern, there’s a library and numerous stone fireplaces and lovely antiques and art. Outside there are spectacular views.
- i quattro passeri is just back from the coast on the eastern side of Emilia Romagna, a six room country house hotel with lovely original original features, like stone wall and floors, exposed beams and Romagna furnishings. There’s also a large garden with a pool and spa.
- The Borogo Conde Wine Resort is a ‘wine making resort’, complete with 38 luxurious suites and villas surrounded by 110 glorious hectares of vineyards. As well as having plenty of wine, this resort is also perfect if you enjoy walking, cooking or spa treatments.
- Antica Corte Pallavicina is an elegant, 14th century castle with just six rooms. The atmosphere is charming, the setting rustic Parmese and the furniture antique. There’s also a Michelin starred restaurant serving ‘home grown’ food, and offering cooking classes and cellar tours.
For the Beach
- Owned by the Ferretti fashion house, Carducci 76 is a chic, minimalist hotel right on the beach close to Rimini. There are 38 rooms and suites - all with large bathrooms, plus an excellent spa and two fabulous restaurants.
- The I-Suite Hotel in Rimini’s Central Marina, is an ultra-modern, five star, seafront hotel with a top-floor spa overlooking the harbour. The 54 bedrooms all have large windows and many have their own balconies. This is a fun and lively place to stay, and your’e close to numerous bars and restaurants.
For Something Different
- The Antico Borgo di Tabiano Castello is a wonderful castle just outside Parma which has been converted into a 40 room hotel. Rooms are traditional, elegant and romantic, with marble floors, stone walls and exposed beams. Plus there’s a Turkish pool and spa and stunning views.
- Carducci 76 is a chic, cosmopolitan beach hotel, owned by the Ferretti fashion house. The decor is international, with a feeling of Zen minimalism and a touch of Africa. There are 38 rooms, two restaurants and an excellent spa.
- The Hotel Posta is more than five hundred years old, and its 38 rooms all have their own character and decoration - including original frescos in some cases. If you love parmesan then this is the place for you!
- I Portici is excellent value, considering its Michelin star restaurant and grand grey and pink facade - sheltered by the vaults of Bologna’s famed arcades. There are 89 extremely stylish rooms.
- The Antico Borgo di Tabiano Castello is a castle-turned-hotel, nestled into the hills of Parma. Elegant throughout, with stone walls, marble floors and exposed beams, you also have stunning views of the valley, so it’s charming inside and out.
- The Horti della Fasanara is a renovated hunting lodge on a beautiful estate just outside Ferrara. The four rooms and suites are luxurious, in a minimalist style, and very romantic, but they start from just €120 per night.
- Ravenna’s Santa Maria Foris is a charming B&B in a wonderful old town location. There are just six spacious, luxurious, elegantly furnished rooms which offer great value.
- Exuding elegance and charm, the Antica Corte Pallavicina is a 14th century castle turned six room hotel. Special and intimate, with a sublime, Michelin starred restaurant which uses ingredients produced onsite, this is a real rural gem, and a great place to hone your cooking skills, or just eat really well.
Great for Families
- The Locanda Antiche Macine has been charmingly converted from a 17th Century olive mill into a traditional collection of eight rooms and apartments. You're off the coast here, with beautiful views of the Montalbano countryside, and a garden filled with walnut and olive trees. As well as being an idyllic base for walkers, this hotel also offers wine tastings and cooking classes.
- The Design Hotel Waldorf is right on the beach in Milano Marittima and has some incredible views from its 34 rooms and suites. The decor is chic and modern and there’s a big spa with lots of treatments and facilities on offer. Upmarket but also family friendly.
- The Locanda Solarola is a large farmhouse conversion surrounded by parkland. The decor is cosy and traditional, and there’s a well respected restaurant. This is a great spot for large groups as there’s plenty to do.
- The Palazzo Dalla Rosa Prati is an elegant, 11 room guesthouse in the heart of Parma. The rooms are traditionally, and colourfully, decorated, and some are large enough for a family.
- CasaDodici overlooks the Leonardo da Vinci Canal in Cesenatico, and has five smart rooms with excellent canal views. You’re close to the beach and it’s quiet and quite romantic.
For Great Value
- The Palazzo Vivani is a beautifully converted palazzo in a picturesque, medieval hilltop village in the Valcona Valley. It has just eight spacious, elegant rooms with fantastic views of the surrounding countryside, but they’ll do you an evening meal on the charming terrace if you fancy it - they also serve breakfast here. Rooms start from around €106 per night including breakfast.
- The Agriturismo alla Cedrara is a sandstone farmhouse just outside Ferrara with lovely spacious rooms and suites, all with stone floors and beamed ceilings. This is an idyllic spot for walkers or exploring the local region and there are great breakfasts!
- The Locanda del Feudo in Modena is a traditional home with high ceilings, exposed wooden beams and elegant furnishings. The suites are large and you’ve access to all the mod. cons., plus an excellent restaurant and extensive wine cellar.
- M Club is a 15th century treasure in the heart of Ravenna’s pedestrianised area. The rooms are elegantly, and traditionally, decorated, and there are some lovely antiques. There’s a generous buffet each day.
For an Apartment or Villa
- If you’d prefer to stay in an apartment or private villa we recommend you visit our online partner, booking.com.
- Depending on your itinerary, you’re probably most likely to fly into Bologna Airport, but Parma International Airport is a useful hub if you don’t mind changing flights, or you’re flying internally within Italy. Bologna is on the high-speed train routes of both Trenitalia and Italo, which makes it very easy to get to from other major Italian hubs and cities It’s also fairly well connected to the regional rail network, so it’s really a useful hub.
- If you’re thinking about hiring a car we recommend checking what our online partners, Rentalcars have to offer.
- Summer is warm and popular in Emilia Romagna, so if you fancy something cooler and less busy consider the shoulder seasons: May and September, which still promise lovely weather - a bit cooler too.
Still not sure?
- Refine your search to the best places to stay in Bologna,
- the best places to stay in Parma,
- or the best places to stay in Ravenna?
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Emilia Romagna
Best Hotels in Emilia Romagna
Agriturismo alla Cedrara Ferrara 8 rooms from £35Value chic - Excellent value.TraditionalLocal markets - Good for local colour.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.
Carducci 76 Rimini 38 rooms from £68City Style - Seriously cool cosmopolitan interiors.Romantic BreakDesigner - The hotel is owned by the Ferretti fashion house.Lively - Hip and happening.
A superbly chic cosmopolitan hotel owned by the Ferretti fashion house. Set on the coast, near Rimini, a popular beach spot. Minimalist interiors have Japanese Zen and hints of Africa. Sumptuous rooms and suites have large bathrooms, excellent spa treatments, two fab restaurants. See More
Locanda Antiche Macine Santarcangelo di Romagna, Emilia Romagna 8 rooms from £71Families - Activities for all: tennis, pool, riding, football field, cycling and theme parks nearby. Apartments have kitchens for picnicsCountry Escape - This converted olive press has gardens, pool, wine tasting, cookery classes, and miles of idllyic walking routesSights nearby - Romagna sights of Ravenna and Riccione, Cesenatico and Milano MarittimaFishing - At nearby lake “Felloniche”
A traditional hotel in a converted 17th century olive mill. Rooms and apartments have antique pieces, wooden floors and views of Montalbano countryside. Pool, tennis court and gardens filled with walnut and olive trees. Speciality dishes from the Emilia Romagna region. A charming spot for a family. See More
Santa Maria Foris Ravenna 6 rooms from £75Sights nearby - Five minutes walk from the Basilica San VItale and Piazza del Popolo square.Sailing - Perfect stopping point for a sailing trip around the Adriatic coast.Romantic - Good for couples.
Locanda del Feudo Modena (Castelvetro) from £76Sights nearby - Rocca di Vignola, Ferrari Factory, and Ferrari Museum.Local markets - Good for local colour.TraditionalGreat walks - Good for walkers.
A traditional house filled with romance and rustic charm. Large suites have high ceilings, wooden beams, elegant furnishings, and all the mod cons including DVD players. An excellent traditional restaurant and extensive wine cellar. Plenty to explore, including the Ferrari museum. See More
Pio Rooms Parma 3 rooms from £69City Style - This wonderful B&B located in the heart of Parma is a perfect location for getting to know the cityLocal exploring - Only a short walk away from the city's sights, you've really got no excuse not to go exploring!Sights nearby - The Cattedrale di Parma and Basilica di Santa Maria della Steccata are well worth a visit as well as a handful of other sightsGreat walks - Wander leisurely around the historic old town to truly get a feel of Parma
A charming and intimate B&B situated in the heart of Parma. Its rooms are traditionally decorated with exposed beams, warm lighting and a cosy feel. Be sure to fuel your daily sightseeing trips with their wonderful breakfast served each morning. A quiet, chic city hideaway. See More
Hotel Posta Reggio nell'Emilia, Emilia Romagna 38 rooms from £76Local markets - Perfect for exploring the streets and markets of Reggio Emilia.Sights nearby - Visit the production sites of Parmigiano Reggio.
A delightful stay in the historic centre of Reggio Emilia in a five hundred year old hotel. Every room is individually furnished giving each persons stay a distinctive feel. The rich heritage of the place is exemplified by original frescos on the hotel walls. One for all the parmesan lovers. See More
CasaDodici Cesenatico 5 rooms from £77Romantic Break - Elegant rooms, long walks on the beach and fantastic meals at the restaurant-perfect for a romantic trip away!Value chic - A great value stay for such a stylish hotelSailing - Get in touch with the Daniel's Ship Sailing School for either tourist cruises or lessonsDiving - Explore the depths of the ocean with the Diving Club Paguro Sub
Overlooking the Leonardo da Vinci Canal, CasaDodici B&B features smart, individually decorated rooms with fantastic views. Quiet, intimate, chic and with the beach nearby-perfect for a romantic getaway. A wonderful continental breakfast is included in the rate. A great, well-priced stay. See More
Le Dimore del Borgo Lucca LU, Emilia Romagna 9 rooms from £77Families - With self-catering apartments to rent, the hotel is well-suited to families wishing for private accomodationCity Style - Centrally located, this hotel is well placed to explore the many sites the town of Lucca has to offerSights nearby - Lucca possesses impressive Roman ruins such as the amphitheatre and forumFull of character
Le Dimore del Borgo offers apartments and suites centrally located in the historical town of Lucca. The rooms are spacious and bright, featuring parquet flooring and modern white furnishings. With chefs, interpreters, baby sitters and personal shoppers all on call, nothing has been missed. See More
Palazzo dalla Rosa Prati Parma 11 rooms from £77City Style - The hotel is situated in Parma's medieval square, a perfect base to explore the city fromValue chic - Large rooms, ideal for families, are great valueLocal markets - There are plenty of local markets to check out, most notably on Wednesday and Saturday mornings in Piazza Della GhiaiaSights nearby - Only a short walk from many of the city's sights such as the Parco Ducale, Stadio Ennio Tardini and Piazza Duomo ParmaRecommended by - Michelin Travel
Elegant guesthouse featuring traditionally decorated rooms and apartments in the heart of Parma. Grab a coffee at the café before setting off for a spot of sightseeing and unwind at the end of a busy day by booking yourself a massage. Smart rooms feature colourful palettes and are great value. See More
M Club Ravenna 4 rooms from £78City Style - Located in central Ravenna this is the perfect base from which to explore the cityValue chic - Beautiful décor, a traditional stay - all at a great priceSights nearby - Visit the beautiful Basilica San Vitale or Basilica of Sant'Apollinaire Nuovo which are located less than a mile awayFull of character
Fifteenth century edifice situated in Ravenna's pedestrian area. The rooms are elegantly and traditionally decorated with lovely pieces of antique furniture. Wake up each morning to a generous buffet breakfast before exploring the city-a quaint and charming spot that's great value for money. See More
Borgo Casale Albareto 16 rooms from £87Spa breaks - Fantastic spa therapies a la carte and by weekend package.Romantic BreakRestrictions on childrenViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Michelin Travel
i quattro passeri Colline di Cesena, Emilia Romagna 6 rooms from £103Country Escape - Many excursions from hotel: Rubicon Sogliano; San Marino; sea of Cesenatico; Milano Marittima. Reach by car or bicycleSights nearby - Rimini, Ravenna, Forlì, Cesena, San Marino, and the beaches of Riccione, Cesenatico, Cervia and Milano Marittima.Views - Rubico ValleySwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
A delightful and quiet country house. Unique rooms with original details: exposed beams, stone walls and Romagna furnishings, some with kitchen areas. Large gardens, outdoor pool and spa area to relax in. Perfectly located for exploring the area and its sights. An ideal choice for a country escape. See More
Palazzo Viviani Emilia Romagna 52 rooms from £92Sights nearby - A trip to the impressive medieval fortress Gradara Castle (situated only a few miles away) is highly recommendedGreat walks - The valley has a number of beautiful hikes which are perfect for getting to know your surrounding areaViews - Great views from hotelSecluded setting - For escaping.
Palazzo Viviani is a converted medieval hilltop village in the Valcona Valley. It features elegant, spacious rooms and boasts fantastic views of the surrounding countryside. Enjoy a buffet breakfast and an evening meal out on the terrace. A delightful and well-priced stay. See More
Hotel Touring Bologna 38 rooms from £93TraditionalSights nearby - Well located for major sights.
Albergo Cappello Ravenna 7 rooms from £95Great walks - In a network of pleasant, nearly traffic-free streetsSights nearby - San Vitale Basilica; Church of San Giovanni BattistaTraditionalRecommended by - Fodors, Michelin Travel
Vittorio Veneto 25 Modena 6 rooms from £95Local exploring - The location of this hotel is great for local exploring, with many of Modena's attractions within walking distanceCity Style - Set in a heritage property in the heart of the city centre, this hotel has lots of chic Modense styleRomantic Break - The stylish, discreet suites at this boutique bolt-hole are perfect for a romantic getawayGreat walks - Discover this UNESCO World Heritage Site on foot, with a long walk through the city centre. Start at the nearby Piazza Grande
This charming heritage hotel is located on the site of Modena's former city walls. Fully restored, the property now offers contemporary suites, many with original balconies offering city views. Warm lighting and a palette of deep grey and pastels complete the romantic guestrooms. See More
i-Suite Hotel Rimini Central Marina 54 rooms from £100Spa - Fabulous spa on the 6th floor with infinity pool, saunas, turkish bath and much more.Close to nightlife - Enjoy the many restaurants and bars nearbyBeach LifeSwimming Pool - Outdoor pool with pure white sun umbrellas, soft bean bags and big white mats as an alternative to the classic sun bedsRecommended by - Tablet
Hotel Porta San Mamolo Bologna 28 rooms from £103Value chic - A quaint stay with a great price tagLocal markets - Head to the Mercato di Mezza to check out the wonderful array of food at their stalls and experience the lively atmosphereSights nearby - The Church San Domenico, Via Indipendenza and Palazzo Comunale are all situates less than a mile awayFull of characterRecommended by - Michelin Travel
Located in a quiet location ten minutes outside Bologna's centre. Featuring spacious, elegantly decorated rooms with period wallpaper and exposed beams. Be sure to enjoy the buffet breakfast served each morning before going off exploring. An intimate and traditional city spot. See More
Antico Borgo di Tabiano Castello Salsomaggiore Terme Parma,, Emilia Romagna 40 rooms from £104Country EscapeSights nearby - Mazzini Park, Salsomaggiore Convention Bureau, and Thermae Di Salsomaggiore.Spa - TERME DI TABIANO Spa.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
A wonderful castle nestled in the hills of Parma. Traditional elegance throughout romantic bedrooms. Wooden beams, stone walls, marble floors, soft linens. Stunning valley views from terraces, Turkish spa and pool, regional cuisine, and lots countryside exploring. Romantic, rustic, and laid back. See More
I Portici Bologna 89 rooms from £104Restaurant - Michelin starred restaurantSights nearby - Bologna Towers, Piazza Maggiore and historic Quadrilatero diistrict, all nearbyDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
Behind its very grand grey and pink facade, sheltered by the vaults of Bologna's famed arcades, (from which it takes its name) I Portici looks promisingly stylish from the moment you enter its huge, atrium-style lobby. Surprisingly good value for money and very convenient for exploring the city. See More
Horti della Fasanara Ferrara 4 rooms from £104Romantic Break - Beautiful surroundings and very luxurious interiors.Garden - Surrounded by 2.5 acres of stunning parkland.City StyleLuxuryRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
A hotel with a wow factor. A renovated hunting lodge on a castle estate. Surrounded by beautiful parkland and slightly set back from the Renaissance city Ferrara at its gates. Luxurious rooms and suites with mezzanine levels are minimal chic with four poster beds and all the mod cons. Very romantic. See More
Hotel Cervetta 5 Modena 5 rooms from £107Local exploring - Located in the heart of the old town, close to the city's main attractions, book this hotel as a base for your local exploringRomantic Break - Enjoy aperitivi at the hotel bar after a day out sightseeing, a romantic way to end the day on a couples' getawayCity Style - Set in a classic townhouse with contemporary interiors, this hotel has lots of chic Modenese styleLocal markets - Shop like a local at the Albinelli market, the oldest covered market in Modena and one of the most beautiful in Italy
This charming hotel is nestled in the heart of the old town in Modena. Behind the classic Italian townhouse facade, a spiral staircase leads to bright, contemporary rooms dressed in a neutral palette. Start the day with Modenese pastries in the airy breakfast room before a day spent sightseeing. See More
Hotel Annunziata Ferrara 27 rooms from £108City Style - Located in the city's pedestrian area, this is a fantastic spot from which to get to know FerraraLocal exploring - There's plenty of sightseeing available only a few minutes away by footSights nearby - A perfect spot for sightseeing located less than a kilometre from the Castle Estense, Ferrara Cathedral and Palazzo dei DiamantiLocal markets - The open-air market every Saturday morning is especially worth a visitRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
Salotto delle Arti Modena 5 rooms from £108Local exploring - With the city centre's main attractions just steps away from this hotel, choose this as a luxury base for your local exploringRomantic Break - With original frescoes, four-poster beds and plush linens, this hotel makes an ideal choice for a romantic couples' getawayCity Style - Set in a heritage palace in the city centre, this hotel has lots of elegant Modenese styleSights nearby - Visit the imposing Ducal Palace, a baroque building now used by the Italian military, formerly the residence of an Italian duke
This hotel offers luxury rooms inside the heritage Palazzo Montagnani in central Modena. Built-in the 19th-century, the property's elegant interiors include original frescoes and floors, complemented by stylish furniture and plush linens. An opulent base for city-centre sightseeing. See More
Locanda Del Re Guerriero Emilia Romagna 12 rooms from £113Romantic Break - Walking or riding tours along the River Po, medieval castles and meadows to see, sleep under a chandelier in this castleFamilies - Bigger suites set on two levels are perfect for families, cycling, riding, and sights of the cities Cremona and PIacenzaSights nearby - Piacenza, Parma, Cremona, Verona, Bologna, VeniceLocal markets - Good for local colour.
A chic castle hotel in the rolling countryside. Rooms are elegant and modern with wooden beams, soft drapes and chandeliers; suites split across two levels. Gardens with modern art pieces, a library, stone fireplaces, and antiques. A great choice for an escape to the countryside. See More
Borgo Conde Wine Resort Emilia Romagna 38 rooms from £117Foodies - Treat yourself at this 110 hectare working vineyard in Fiumana with three fantastic restaurants.Romantic Break - With plenty of wine, walks and spa treatments this chic resort is an ideal escape for two.Cooking classes - Make the most of your time in this foodie region and take part in the traditional Italian cooking classes.Great walks - The beautiful rolling landscape of the surrounding wine region, is ideal for walking.
An immersive experience that transports you into the culture and traditions of Emilia Romagna wine making. The resort is fitted with luxurious suites and villas surrounded by the sublime beauty of a 110 hectare vineyard. Indulge in signature homegrown wines and enjoy the lovely Forli vistas. See More
Design Hotel Waldorf Emilia Romagna 34 rooms from £122Beach Life - Take advantage of the beachfront location to spend your days relaxing in the sun or swimming in the seaTotal relaxation - The resort's Body & Soul Spa has extensive beauty treatments and relaxation areas at your disposalSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - Tablet
Design Hotel Waldorf boasts a beachfront location in Milano Marittima. Its rooms are decorated in a modern and chic manner whilst the suites themselves are incredibly luxurious and spacious. Unwind in their extensive spa facilities or spend the afternoon by the pool bar. An upmarket seaside stay. See More
Hotel Corona d'Oro Bologna 40 rooms from £129City Style - With its central location in the heart of Bologna you're in an ideal spot from which to explore the cityLocal exploring - The hotel's in a pedestrian-only zone so you can easily wander around and get to know your surroundingsSights nearby - Less than a mile away from the Bologna Towers, Piazza Maggiore and the Basilica of San Petronio-ideal for a spot of sightseeingLocal markets - Visit Mercato di Mezza to indulge in the wonderful food their stalls sell and experience the lively atmosphereRecommended by - CN Traveller
This luxurious hotel is situated in Bologna's city centre a short distance away from the sights. It features beautiful, elegantly decorated rooms and suites whilst the communal areas have stunning traditionally Italian decor. Make use of the free bikes to get to know Bologna. A classy city stay. See More
Relais la Colombara 29020 Travo, Emilia Romagna 19 rooms from £134Local exploring - Everything from exploring the hilltop castles that dot the countryside to tasting local wines.Swimming Pool - There is an outdoor pool with panoramic views and an indoor pool in the spa.Sights nearby - Rivalta Castle, an 11th century castle, is only 8km away.Romantic - Good for couples.
Elegant 4-star hotel in the medieval hill-town of Pigazzano. Combining rustic charm with a refined decor, the rooms have exposed beams, antiques and artworks. Ideal for guests looking to soak in the region's history. There is a restaurant, bar, winery, outdoor pool with panoramic views and a spa. See More
Hotel Commercianti Bologna 35 rooms from £161Local exploring - Located right in the heart of Bologna and bikes are even provided to make city exploration even easier.Local markets - Wander the streets of the Quadrilatero, the medieval market, where you can sample local delicacies.Sights nearby - Located next to the San Petronio Basilica and the Fountain of Neptune.Cooking classes - Learn how to make regional dishes at “Il salotto di Penelope”.
Palazzo di Varignana Castel San Pietro Terme (Bologna), Emilia Romagna 90 rooms from £144Spa breaks - A fabulous spa boasts an expansive treatment list, a Japanese Onsen, customised plans and no-less than six outdoor poolsWeddings - A stunning location for a wedding with receptions being able to host up to 300 peopleSights nearby - Take a short walk to visit a Medieval fortress, with an antique tower and an ancient Romanesque crypt of St. LorenzoSwimming Pool - Outdoor pools
A sprawling resort and spa located in pristine countryside just outside of Bologna. Spacious rooms are simply styled with floor to ceiling windows, indulgent bathrooms and crisp white linen. A spoiling spa is the real draw with top of the range facilities and a Japanese Onsen. See More
Antica Corte Pallavicina Emilia Romagna 6 rooms from £156Romantic Break - This traditional farm with a contemporary twist is an idyllic setting for couples to enjoy the beauty of the Parmense lowlands.Foodies - Cooking classes with the master Massimo, tours of the cellars packed with maturing cheese, and a Michelin starred restaurant.Great walks - Wander around the lovely farm and learn about how they produce their world famous salami.Cooking classes - Traditional Italian cooking classes are offered with Massimo.Recommended by - Sawdays
Exuding elegance and charm, this 14th century castle is a special and intimate experience. Its rooms are adorned with antique furniture and its atmosphere matches the rustic Parmense surroundings. The sublime Michelin starred restaurant uses ingredients produced on the farm. A rural Italian gem. See More
Art Hotel Novecento Bologna 25 rooms from £161Sights nearby - Be sure to head to Bologna's Towers just a 5 minute walk away and the hotel's also less than a mile from Via IndipendenzaLocal markets - The Mercato di Mezza is a must see with its variety of food stalls and electric atmosphere
Art Hotel Novecento enjoys a great location right in the centre of Bologna, overlooking a quiet, largely traffic-free square. Individually decorated rooms are styled in a contemporary fashion whilst some include their own private balconies. A conveniently located and hip spot for a city stay. See More
Hotel Orologio Bologna 33 rooms from £171Local exploring - Well situated overlooking Bologna's historic centre and walking distance from many of its sights.Sights nearby - The Piazza Maggiore and Clock Tower are just steps from the hotel.Full of characterViews - Great views from hotel
An excellently located property in the pedestrianised area of Bologna. Individually designed rooms, traditional in style, with typical Italian opulence. Heavy draped curtains, warm hues and large sash windows. Bicycles for hire to whizz around the city. An ideal base for exploring the city. See More
Grand Hotel Majestic Bologna 109 rooms from £199Local exploring - Being only 800 feet from Piazza Maggiore and Bologna's Two Towers there's no excuse to not indulge in a little sightseeing!Romantic Break - Feel like royalty in their palatial rooms and spend the day leisurely wandering around beautiful Bologna togetherCity Style - The hotel enjoys a wonderful location right in the heart of BolognaLocal markets - Be sure to visit the Mercato di Mezza to experience its lively energy and try some of the delicious food being sold
This velvet-lined 18th century palace is situated right in the heart of Bologna. Rooms and suites are decorated in an opulent, elegant manner and some adorned with unique frescoes. The restaurant serves traditional regional dishes and has an excellent wine list. An upmarket stay. See More
Hotel Rua Frati 48 Modena 30 rooms from £341Romantic Break - With plush suites, a romantic restaurant and sleek bar onsite, this hotel makes a great choice for a couples' weekend awayFoodies - Modena is one of the centres of Italian gastronomy; start your tastebuds on a journey at the traditional hotel restaurantCity Style - Set in a heritage property with elegant interiors in Modena's city centre, this hotel has reams of chic city styleLocal markets - Visit the historic Albinelli Market, a beautiful covered market in the city centre which dates back to medieval times
This Renaissance hotel sits in the heart of Modena's city centre. Elegant interiors have been carefully designed with classic wooden boiserie and modern Frau furniture for a clean, luxury feel. Sample traditional Modenese cuisine with a romantic dinner at the restaurant after sightseeing. See More
Locanda Solarola Bologna, Emilia RomagnaGroups - It's an excellent spot for large groups as there are lots of activities on offer.Foodies - The restaurant is highly rated in Italian guides.TraditionalViews - Great views from hotel