Search the best hotels in Laglio
The kind of people who are able to buy property anywhere in the world, like George Clooney for example, choose to buy property in Laglio. He’s made no secret of being the proud owner of the Villa Oleandra, having used his hideaway as a location in the film Ocean’s Twelve. The rest of us may have to make do with picks from our Gurus’ list of the best places to stay in Laglio for the moment, but the accommodation options are still very promising, including elegant villa conversions, a boathouse turned six-suite hotel, and wonderfully romantic waterside hotels.
If you’re arriving in Laglio by road you’ll probably pass along Lake Como, through Como, then Cernobbio and Moltrasio, all beautiful centres that are like warm-ups to little charming Laglio; it's a spectacular drive, highly recommended even if you don’t need to get to Laglio. The view here is particularly special because it’s at the narrowest point on the lake, so the far shore is easily seen, only 675 metres away. Laglio is well loved by walkers too, especially those with a bent towards bird watching or fossil hunting. Mount Torriggia, just up the slopes from Laglio is known for its hawks, kites and buzzard migrations, and a major fossil discovery occurred on the same slopes, in a fantastically beautiful cave system also known for its stalactites and stalagmites, and for its underground lake.
But this town has become a bit of a mecca for holiday makers during the peak summer months, due to the Clooney effect! So if you want to guarantee a room in one of the best places to stay in Laglio during July or August, get organised and book well ahead.
The Best Places to Stay in Laglio
For the Views
- The Relais Villa Vittoria is a small and wonderfully romantic hotel right on the water’s edge — in fact its infinity pool almost appears to cascade into the lake! The views are spectacular, from the pool and terraced gardens, from the restaurant terrace, and from most of the 11 rooms and suites with their private balconies. The decor is classic with a contemporary luxury feel; some of the rooms have wonderful original features, others also have four-poster beds.
For Waterfront Chic
- La Locanda del Cantiere started off as a boathouse, which explains its unusual exterior, private jetty, and proximity to the lake, but now this terrace of six peaked ‘sheds’ has become a row of six contemporary rooms and suites, plus a fabulous Italian restaurant. The reimagining of the space includes plenty of glass, exposed stone and skylights. Some of the suites are family-sized.
Prefer a Self-catering Apartment or villa?
- Sometimes a villa or apartment is the best option if you're travelling in a larger group, so if you decide that you'd prefer a self catering option, check out our online booking partner, booking.com for some inspiration.
- Laglio has a few local international airports: Milan’s Linate, Malpensa and Bergamo Airport are about 45minutes away by road, or just over an hour by public transport. While Brescia-Montichiari and Verona-Villafranca are both an hour and a half drive, or three and a half hours on the train via Milan.
- If you want to hire a car - which we strongly advise if you’re staying on Lake Como - we recommend you visit our online partner, Rentalcars.
- Lake Como has a milder climate. In winter it does get chilly though, and in summer it can be humid, but broadly speaking it has some of the best weather conditions in Europe. April through to October are the busiest months for visitors, warm and sunny, perfect for a lake break. The water of the lake even heats up during summer, and can get to 20°C come July! So if you are visiting at this time it’s worth booking as much as you can in advance.
Still not sure where to stay?
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay on Lake Como
- Consider including other local towns in your search maybe the larger centres of Cernobbio and Como to the east along the shoreline, or even beautiful Bellagio
- You could also consider refining your search by the kind of accommodation you’re looking for, be it the best hotels with a view on Lake Como, the best luxury hotels on Lake Como, the best hotels for families on Lake Como or the best value hotels on Lake Como
- Or you could contact one of our friendly gurus for personalised advice.
Monthly Weather in Laglio
Best Hotels in Laglio
La Locanda del Cantiere Laglio 6 rooms from £156Boutique - Having undergone a complete renovation, this once boatyard is now a chic boutique hotel with smart contemporary designShort break - Easily accessible from Milan's airports — this is a great choice for a quick getawayActive Holiday - Whether you want to kayak, motor boat, hike or cycle — there is plenty to do locallySailing - The property has its own private yacht/boat pier for those who want to hire a boat for their stay
A chic boutique hotel set in a converted boathouse on the shores of Lake Como. The six rooms are contemporary in design with neutral hues, high ceilings, plenty of glass, and simple modern furniture. There's a fabulous Italian restaurant on the terrace and a pier to park your boat! A stylish stay. See More
Relais Villa Vittoria Laglio 11 rooms from £182Weddings - Receptions and intimate marriages are regularly held here and can cater for up to 68 seated guestsTotal relaxation - Spend days lounging in the infinity pool overlooking the lake and mountains or unwind in the spaLocal exploring - Just a short paddle from the village of LaglioViews - Breathtaking views over Lake ComoRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, CN Traveller