Search the best hotels in Naples
Naples has plenty to offer visitors. Firstly, this is where pizza comes from and the city's historic mishmash of cultures and nationalities has bred some very fine and lively, markets. There is the art, architecture and archaeological treasures, whilst Vesuvius looms dramatically over the ruins of Pompeii and the Bay of Naples which has its own appeal of pretty islands - including Capri, Ischia and Procida - and a shoreline of wonderfully luxurious traditional hotel, which are definitely some of the best places to stay in Naples. But if you want to be in the heart of the action, you'll want to book at property closer to the historic centre's lively buzz.
What not to Miss
- Like other Italian cities, Naples has impressive Roman ruins. Here you will find the third largest amphitheatre in Italy. There are wonderfully historic religious buildings - including a warren of 2nd Century catacombs and a beautifully reconstructed basilica.
- It's also home to a wonderful array of art and architecture, and Italy's oldest, and largest opera house.
- There's a lot to see around Naples - starting with the essential trips to Pompeii and Herculaneum and out to the beautiful islands of the Bay of Naples, possibly even across the bay to the Amalfi Coast.
- Just outside the city is the Parco Nazionale del Cilento e Vallo di Diano, Italy's second largest national park. Blessed with World Heritage Listed beauty from the Apennines to the crystalline coastline, this park also houses some wonderful archaeological treasures. This is a great place for walkers and riders - both on bike and horse.
Choosing the right accommodation in Naples can really make a difference to your experience of the city. Some of Naples is as graceful and elegant as Paris, while some is as gritty and lived in as some of the less charming North African capitals. Use our guide to the best places to stay in Naples and start to plan your trip.
The Best Places To Stay In Naples
Vomero's a top spot for the well-to-do traveller: boasting historic architecture, bustling cafes and lovely restaurants. Plus, it's just a short stroll away from the city centre.
- Weekend a Napoli is an elegant, yet homely B&B with excellent facilities in a pretty residential area. Rooms have cool tiled floors and some have jacuzzi baths.
With bay views and fantastic shopping - Armani, Prada and Luis Vuitton all have shops here - Chiaia is a lovely part of the city. Stroll along the picturesque leafy Villa Communale, situated right along the shoreline.
- The Grand Hotel Parkers has a stunning hilltop setting. Inside is all understated neo-classical elegance with ornate ceilings and glamorous decor. The really special views can be seen from the roof terrace.
- Micalo is almost a beach hotel, with its whitewashed walls and fresh, natural decor plus lovely sea views
This old fisherman's quarter is home to the picturesque island of Borgo Marinaro where, according to legend, the siren Partenope washed ashore after failing to seduce Odysseus. Nowadays, it's ideal for those wanting to take in the city's magnificent sea views.
- The Grand Hotel Vesuvio has long been one of the best places to stay in Naples, with its immaculate service and luxurious facilities right on the seafront. They also have a private yacht and chauffeur driven Daimler on hand if you need them.
- The Eurostars Hotel Excelsior is a large, and quintessentially Napolese hotel right on the Lungomare Caracciolo. The roof terrace is gorgeous and the restaurant has incredible views of the bay.
- If you're looking for small and elegant try Palazzo Alabardieri, a converted 18th Century palazzo in a chic shopping area.
This is the ideal district for those wanting to get a real feel of Naples - narrow, winding streets with plenty of stalls and residents chatting away to each other from their balconies whilst hanging out the laundry.
- The Chiaja Hotel de Charme is an elegant palazzo in a very central location. The quality, and quantity, of its Neapolitan breakfasts are the stuff of legend.
- Attico Partenopeo is an affordable B&B in a great location. The eight rooms are comfortable and simple - some have private balconies. One of the highlights is the sun-drenched terrace with castle views.
- Il Convento is a friendly, modern, rustic guesthouse in an authentically Neapolitan neighbourhood. The 14 rooms and suites have sweet personal touches and there’s some good options for family accommodation.
- The San Francesco di Monte has ben converted from a convent and the spartan features retained, so antique minimalism is the theme here. There is now a fantastic restaurant and roof top terrace and pool!
- If you’re looking for something more modern, try the Romeo Hotel. The views of the bay and Mt. Vesuvius are incredible - especially from the roof terrace. There is an extensive spa, gym and pool, three restaurants, a cooking school and a great mix of furniture.
Given that Naples is one of Europe's oldest cities, its historic centre is truly something to behold. With gorgeous architecture and most of the city's top sightseeing spots. It's the ideal neighbourhood for those wanting to be right in the thick of it.
- L'Alloggio dei Vassaili is a warm and welcoming seven room B&B in a lively part of town. The decor is comfortable and traditional and they’ve a wellness area with a hot tub and a sauna. They do Neapolitan pastries and coffee for breakfast.
- Portalba Relais is a contemporary six room B&B with six slick, all-white rooms decorated with modern art and some have jacuzzis. The views are good, as are the breakfasts.
- Piazza Bellini 77 is a great value B&B right in the centre. The decor is bright and cheerful and you're close to everything.
- Costantinopoli 104 is a stylish villa with a quiet garden; an oasis of calm right in the heart of town. With only 19 rooms, some with four-poster beds and intricate decoration. Very peaceful and relaxing.
- The Belle Arti Resort is a contemporary B&B in the centre or town - perfectly located both for those looking for nightlife or for history buffs. There are seven elegant rooms with domed frescoed ceilings. Rooms start from around only €70 per night.
Prefer an Apartment or Villa?
- If you’d prefer to stay in an apartment or private villa we recommend you visit our online partner, Booking.com.
- Naples Airport is only about 7kms from the central rail station. You can catch a bus or a taxi to the town. You can also arrive in Naples by train, ferry or hydrofoil.
- If you like to hire a car - which we highly recommend if you’re staying in Naples and you want to see some of the region and the Amalfi Coast - we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- Despite summer being one of the most popular times to visit Naples, the city sizzles during July and August, so if you have a choice about when to travel you might want to opt for May, June or September - though you might encounter a few showers.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include the best places to stay on the Amalfi Coast.
- Consider the best places to stay in Capri.
- Or how about the best places to stay in Pompeii?
- Spread your net wider and consider our Guru's recommendations for the best places to stay in Campania.
- Or, contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Naples
Best Hotels in Naples
L'Alloggio dei Vassaili Naples 7 rooms from £56Sights nearby - Take a Day-Trip to Pompeii & Herculaneum. Close to all of Naples attractionsFull of character - Set in what was once the noble residence Palazzo DonnalbinaSpa - Spa area with hot tub, sauna and Turkish bathLively area - In the thick of the action.
Warm and welcoming B&B in a lively area of Naples. Comfortable, traditional rooms and a small wellness area with sauna and hot tub. Enjoy Neapolitan pastries and good Italian coffee for breakfast. Local restaurants nearby and plenty to see on the doorstep. Great value base for exploring the city. See More
Portalba Relais Naples 6 rooms from £59City Style - A chic choice overlooking Piazza Dante, with floor to ceiling windows, designer furnishing and contemporary vibes.Great walks - Great central location makes this an ideal spot for exploring on foot.Sights nearby - Check out the 4th-century mosaics and relics in the nearby Duomo.
Eclectically contemporary B&B. Slick white rooms decorated with modern art and styled in neutral tones. Smart bathrooms with large hot tub baths. Ideally situated in the heart of the historic city. Excellent views and indulgent breakfasts. A stylish yet affordable choice. See More
Belle Arti Resort Naples 7 rooms from £61Value chic - Centrally located to both the nightlife and history of this Italian gem, it is great value for a young couple or groupSights nearby - Tours to Vesuvio and Pompeii from the hotelGreat walks - Through nearby Sorrento townLocal markets - Good for local colour.
Il Convento Naples 14 rooms from £61Value chic - A16th-century former convent, offering comfortable rooms with fantastic breakfast and private balconies at a reasonable price.Great walks - Head out of the hotel and start exploring on foot, this historic neighbourhood heaves with hidden treasures!Sights nearby - Right next to the Convent of Santa Maria Francesca, worth checking out on your visit.TraditionalRecommended by - Frommers, Michelin Travel
Hotel Piazza Bellini Naples 48 rooms from £87Value chic - Centrally located rooms featuring original paintings by Alessandro Cocchia, terraces with panoramic views and wooden floors.Sights nearby - Close to many sights including Cappella San Severo - Cristo Velato, Santa Chiara, San Gregorio Armeno and the Duomo.Full of characterSea Views - From some rooms.Recommended by - Michelin Travel
Santa Chiara Boutique Hotel Naples 7 rooms from £104Local exploring - Ideally located in the centre of Naples.Sights nearby - Visit the nearby churches of Santa Chiara, San Lorenzo, the Duomo and Sanmartino’s Veiled Christ.Traditional
An elegant boutique hotel boasting a position right in the very beating heart of the city. Simply dressed rooms are a welcome respite from the bustling streets; quiet, soft hues, high ceilings and sink-into beds. The perfect base for those wishing to explore the city by foot. See More
Attico Partenopeo Naples (80132 Napoli) 8 rooms from £112Other Activities - Visit San Carlo- one of Italy's finest opera housesClose to nightlife - Arenile, a beach club close to the city centreLocal markets - Enter the epicentre of coffee cultureSights nearby - Visit nearby Pompeii & VesuviusRecommended by - I Escape
An affordable B&B in the heart of Naples, with a sun-soaked roof terrace and views of the castle. Rooms are simple and set on the 5th floor, some with private balconies. Breakfast is on offer, although there is no restaurant, there are plenty nearby! Simple, chic and good value. See More
Chiaja Hotel de Charme Naples 27 rooms from £112Local exploring - An elegant property right in the hustle and bustle of central Naples, minutes from Piazza del Plebiscito and the Royal Palace.Sailing - Take a boat from the nearby habour to the islands Capri and Ischia, the hotel will provide packed lunches.Great walks - A five minute walk through vibrant narrow streets brings you to the seafront and port area.Sights nearby - Just down the road from Piazza del Plebiscito and Piazza San Ferdinando.Recommended by - Michelin Travel
Micalo Naples 8 rooms from £121Sights nearby - Easy access to all of Naples' historical sitesLocal markets - Good for local colour.Views - Great views from hotelOn the beach - In front of the hotel.Recommended by - I Escape, CN Traveller
Weekend a Napoli Naples 6 rooms from £135City Style - A chic and unique choice, in the charming Vomero Hill district, overlook this magnificent city from your leafy haven.Sights nearby - A 15 minute walk brings you to the Sant'Elmo hill and fortress, you'll be rewarded for the climb with stunning views.Cooking classes - Learn to cook your favourite Neapolitan dishes, such as penne alla Genovese or polipetti di scoglio alla luciana.Great walks - Explore this fashionable and elegant area with Vomero District Walking Tour.
Caruso Place Naples (Napoli) 10 rooms from £156Local exploring - Located in the heart of of the city, near the Royal Palace and Galleria Umberto I, Naples is yours to exploreSights nearby - A short walk from the impressive Piazza Plebiscito in which regular events take placeLocal markets - Check out the Pignasecca Market to sample some Neapolitan street foodSpaRecommended by - Tablet
Palazzo Alabardieri Naples 44 rooms from £161City Style - Just off the fashionable Piazza dei Martiri, this chandeliered, marble floored hotel is a undeniably a chic choice.Sights nearby - You can reach the Piazza del Plebiscito in under ten minutes walking from this central hotel.Full of characterTraditionalRecommended by - Fodors, Frommers, Michelin Travel
Elegant small hotel in a chic shopping area. This 18th century palazzo boasts marbles, chandeliers, frescoes, paintings, gilt-framed mirrors and lavish flower arrangements. Luxurious bedrooms have wooden floors and rich fabrics. A tasteful choice for the sophisticated traveller. See More
Grand Hotel Vesuvio Naples 160 rooms from £173Total relaxation - Large comfortable bedrooms right on the seafront, make the most of the wellness area with hot tub, sauna and steam bath.Local exploring - Prime positioning opposite Castel dell'Ovo iIn the historic quarter of Santa Lucia and overlooking the sea.Sights nearby - A few steps from the Royal Palace, Plebiscito Square and the San Carlo Theatre.Views - Great views from hotel
Immaculate service and luxurious facilities on the seafront at Naples' most prestigious hotel. Top floor restaurant famous for its views over the bay, fantastic club spa, great meeting rooms, private cabin cruiser and chauffeur driven Daimler available. Colourful rooms with balconies over the bay. See More
Costantinopoli 104 Naples 19 rooms from £174Local exploring - In the heart of the Centro Storico, steps from Piazza Bellini and the churches of Santa Chiara, Gesu Nuovo and San Severo.City Style - An oasis of leafy green peace in this hectic city- think inviting pool beneath the shade of a magnolia and red cyclamen.Great walks - Naples is a city to explore on foot, step out of the hotel and explore the historic streets of the old town.Swimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor poolRecommended by - I Escape, Tablet, Fodors, Frommers, Michelin Travel
Stylish oasis of calm with a small pool and tree-shaded garden in the city centre, a stone's throw from the centro storico. Individually decorated rooms in modern-classic style, some with wooden floors and four posters, others with tiled floors, pastel colours and artworks. A very dashing villa. See More
Grand Hotel Parkers Naples 82 rooms from £177Total relaxation - Whether it's lounging on the rooftop, indulging in the cigar lounge or pampering in the spa, relaxtion is on the cards.City Style - Perched on the Corso Vittorio Emanuele above palm trees and rooftops, with traditionally decorated Empire-style rooms.Romantic - Good for couples.SpaRecommended by - Tablet, Frommers, Small Luxury Hotels
Comfortable, old-style luxury in a stunning hilltop setting. Understated neoclassical elegance - ornate ceilings, chandeliers, Empire-style antiques. Fabulous far-reaching views from the rooms and top-floor restaurant with summer terrace. A destination that oozes classical romance and glamour. See More
San Francesco di Monte Naples 45 rooms from £182City Style - A magnificent 16th-century monastery with two rooftop pools and a restaurant boasting 360° views over the Gulf of Naples.Sights nearby - Right at the foot of the Castel Sant'Elmo, a medieval fortress located on a hilltop overlooking the city.Swimming Pool - Lovely outdoor poolSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
Spartan elegance with a view in a former convent. Original features dominate the interiors - vaulted ceilings, frescoes, majolica tiles - while the rooms maintain soft elegance and classic furnishings. Fantastic terrace restaurant and roof top swimming pool. A beautiful spot. See More
Eurostars Hotel Excelsior Naples (Campania) 122 rooms from £242Local exploring - Right on the Lungomare Caracciolo, the most popular spot for tourists, boasting Naples' world famous views.Great walks - Head down to the nearby Marina or beach for an after breakfast stroll.Views - Over Gulf of Naples, Mount Vesuvius and the island of Capri.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Frommers, Michelin Travel
Romeo Hotel Naples 60 rooms from £253Sights nearby - Naples has many historic churches inclusing the 15th century Gesù Nuovo and Naples Cathedral.Cooking classes - The Sorrento Cooking School offers lessons in the region's famous local cuisines.Swimming Pool - Stunning rooftop pool with spectacular views over the Bay of NaplesSailing - From the port take a scenic boat ride to Capri or Sorrento.Recommended by - Small Luxury Hotels, Mr & Mrs Smith
With views overlooking the Bay of Naples and Mt Vesuvias this hotel is a modern haven in an ancient city. Like the decor, a mix of modern and antique, from all over the world, the three restaurants' menus are a blend of traditional and haute cuisine. There is an extensive spa, gym and outdoor pool. See More