Search the best hotels in Ishigaki
Ishigaki is one of Japan's most westerly islands, though it actually lies far closer to Taiwan than it does to mainland Japan. Due to this, it has culturally been influenced by both countries throughout history; as an example, cuisine in Ishigaki tends to feature far more meat than it does in Japan. Our collection of the best places to stay in Ishigaki offer something for everyone from beach retreats to self-catering villas.
Much of the island is protected as part of the Iriomote-Ishigaki National Park, and the scenery is suitably breathtaking. You'll find everything from rocky and sandy beaches, jungle-like areas, and Mount Omoto - a nationally-designated Place of Scenic Beauty. For those who want a truly rejuvenating retreat surrounded by the wonders of the natural world, you can't go wrong here.
Ishigaki was recently voted Tripadvisor's number one travel destination of 2018, so the cat's out the bag so to speak. Its growing popularity means you should definitely book well ahead as the best places to stay in Ishigaki get quickly booked up.
What Not To Miss
- Spending a day or two at the stunning Kondoi Beach and Kabira Bay is an absolute must!
- Head to Tamatorizaki Observatory if you want to bask in wonderful views of the area.
- Enjoy long hikes around Banna Park.
- Culture-vultures should definitely visit Minsah Kogei Museum.
The best places to stay in Ishigaki
For an intimate spot
- Tsundara Beach Retreat is a villa with private beach access and 3 acres of grounds. The accommodation is pleasant and comfortable, whilst the forest is also just a stone's throw away.
- Jusandi offers ultra-smart self-catering villas with chic interiors and private pools. With private pools and a private beach, it's a wonderful option.
For a resort
- Ana Inter Continental Ishigaki Resort offers contemporary accommodation in light hues with wonderful sea views. Relax on the beach or by the pool, and choose from a variety of lovely eateries.
For an apartment or villa
If you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- If you're coming from abroad then fly into Tokyo's Haneda Airport before taking a connection on to Ishigaki Airport.
- You'll want to visit in the summer, from May to August, if you want to make the most out of your beautiful natural surroundings. The average temperature reaches a balmy 31°C in July.
- If you want to explore all over the island then consider hiring a car with Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our entire list of the best places to stay in Ishigaki.
- Search instead in the neighbouring island of Miyakojima or in Okinawa.
- Alternatively, feel free to contact one of our friendly gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Ishigaki
Tsundara Beach Retreat 1 rooms from £278Okinawa Prefecture, Ishigaki
Located on Ishigaki Island, Tsundara Beach Retreat boasts private beach access. The villa is set in almost 3 acres of grounds and Iriomote-Ishigaki's luscious forest is just a stone's throw away! Enjoy a BBQ in the sun or visit a number of local restaurants. A peaceful, private and unique stay.Beach Life - Tsundara Beach Retreat enjoys private beach access so you can spend your days lounging by the seaside!Total relaxation - Feel a million miles away from all your worries at this tranquil retreatRomantic Break - Your very own private villa and beach - ideal for couplesFamilies - Your own private villa - ideal for small families
Ana Inter Continental Ishigaki Resort 255 rooms from £307Okinawa, Ishigaki
Boasting a beachfront location a few miles outside the city, Ana Inter Continental Ishigaki Resort offers contemporary accommodation decorated in light hues and offering splendid sea views. Unwind on the beach or soak up the sun by the pool! A large variety of cuisine served. Great to explore!Local markets - Head over to the bustling Ishigaki Public MarketSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Views - Great views from hotel
Jusandi 5 rooms from £1022Okinawa Prefecture, Ishigaki
Jusandi enjoys a splendid coastal location on Ishigaki Island overlooking the ocean. The property offers luxurious self-catering villas with chic accommodation featuring light hues, wooden furnishings and private pools. Relax on the private beach area or explore all over the island. A superb spot!Private villasSights nearby - Head along to Ishigakijima Astronomical Observatory or Ishigaki Island Limestone CaveGreat walks - Wander along Yonehara Beach at sunset and marvel in the incredible viewsLocal markets - Be sure to visit the bustling Ishigaki Public MarketRecommended by - Tablet