Search the best hotels in St Julian's
About St Julian's
Just up the coast from Valletta, St. Julian's is arguably Malta's most famous resort town, named after the town's patron saint, St. Julian (the patron saint of hunting). Having developed a reputation over the years for a lively atmosphere, the town is home to a great number of restaurants, bars and nightclubs. The surrounding coastline is packed with lovely beaches and bays. The best places to stay in St. Julian's tend to be large resort hotels, though we've managed to track down a couple of smaller properties.
Things not to miss:
- One of St. Julian's main sights is the magnificent Spinola Palace. A stunning 17th century building, it is considered a Maltese Baroque masterpiece.
- Dedicated to St Julian, the old parish church is lovely 16th century church that is well worth visiting.
- The surrounding coastline is home to a number of lovely beaches and coves.
Don't forget that the best places to stay in St. Julian's will be busy throughout the year (Malta attracts visitors in winter for its mild climate). So if you want to guarantee a room in one of our recommended properties, get organised and book well ahead.
The best places to stay in St. Julian's
For a luxurious seaside resort
- Westin Dragonara is memorable for more than just its name. Right on the beach, the hotel offers everything from an in-house casino to scuba courses. Whether you are after relaxation or adventure, Dragonara will have something for you. Five-star quality.
- Glorious pools, hotel yachts for hire and a lively music venue are just a few of the standout features at the Corinthia Hotel. With every creature comfort you could need, it's a great spot for families looking for some coastal fun in Malta.
For Contemporary Chic
- Laying claim to being Malta's first 'boutique' hotel, Hotel Juliani is a stunning contemporary spot in the heart of St. Julian's. Swish suites, an award-winning restaurant and a heavenly rooftop pool overlooking the sea are just a few of the components that make up this stellar hotel.
- Hugo's Boutique Hotel is an effortly stylish property with chic rooms, stunning roof-top pool, two in-house bars and a restaurant. A grown ups haven.
For an intimate B&B
- The Stone House is a beautifully renovated property in the heart of the town, with just two bedrooms. There's a lovely little terrace and plunge pool, plus you're just a short walk from all the buzz of Spinola Bay.
For a private apartment
- Explore the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- The nearest airport to St. Julian's is Malta International (4 miles).
- For car hire, we recommend visiting our online partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to visit St. Julian is from April to June or September to October when the weather is temperate and the crowds are less.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in St Julian's
Hotel Juliani 44 rooms from £83St Julian's
The island's first true 'boutique' hotel with an award-winning restaurant and enviable sea views. Rooms with refreshingly crisp contemporary designs in whites and turquoise blues. It's outstanding location in St. Julian's, unique charm and fantastic restaurant give it the edge.Beach Life - 10-minute walk from the beach at Balluta BayViews - Panoramic views across Spinola BayLively - Close to the bustling sea frontRomantic - Beautiful sea views
Hugo's Boutique Hotel 28 rooms from £110St Julian's (Paceville)
Effortlessly stylish designer hotel in Malta's entertainment district. Expect music, room service and lighting controlling tablets in every room. Amenities include two in-house bars, a restaurant, ergonomic beds and flatscreen TVs. A grown-up property ideal for couples.Honeymoons - Roof terrace pool with panoramic view of St Julian's and a champagne barRomantic Break - The spa suites have outdoor jacuzzis on the terraceSwimming Pool - Outdoor poolRestrictions on children - Adult only
Corinthia Hotel, Malta 249 rooms from £114St Julian's (St. Julian's)
Large seafront hotel just ten minutes from Valletta. Comfortable rooms and suites all with pool and some sea views. Huge choice of restaurants and bars, six pools, spa and private beach with excellent watersports facilities. Ideal for a five star fly-and-flop break.Diving - The hotel boasts a diving center where you can take lessons and book trips.Swimming Pool - Five pools both inside and out.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Lively - Hip and happening.
Westin Dragonara 340 rooms from £118St Julian's
5* Luxury resort offering superb facilities for the whole family. It sits on the peninsula with a private beach, casino, and wonderful sea views from private balconies. Fantastic conference facilities too, award-winningly so. Slick contemporary designs, fine dining, plenty of activities.Outstanding location - In the heart of downtown St Julian's and right on the water's edgeOn the beach - Right next to the seafront - the hotel offers 2 private beachesRomantic - Beautiful views, luxury facilitiesSwimming Pool - Outdoor and Indoor Pools
The Stone House 2 rooms from £149St Julian's
Perfect for a romantic getaway, the Stone House is an authentic Maltese B&B with just two charming bedrooms. The interiors have retained many period features, you'll find exposed stone walls plus a lovely little terrace and plunge pool. Ideally situated close to Spinola Bay's best restaurants.Sights nearby - Just two miles outside Malta's capital Valletta.Romantic - Good for couples.TraditionalSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor