Search the best hotels in Rabat
The capital of Morocco is an enchanting city, teeming with wide open green gardens, ancient sites dating back to the Romans, clean sandy beaches and pristine palm-lined boulevards. It's surprising, therefore, that it's far from being a tourist hotspot: boasting a picturesque and well-preserved kasbah (palace) and a beautiful walled Andalusian-style medina (Old Town), it makes for a fascinating sightseeing trip for history-buffs and culture-vultures intent on soaking in the cultural waters of Morocco. The 11th century kasbah of the Udayas, flanked by manicured gardens, is an intriguing place to stroll, lined with blue and white Andalusian lanes that lead to the ancient necropolis of the Marinids. There's the unfinished 12th century Hassan Tower, carved with intricate designs and symbols, the grand marmoreal mausoleum of King Mohammed V, and a range of excellent contemporary art galleries and archaeological museums.
Down at the coast, you'll find the sunny and romantic oceanfront promenade and miles of beaches stretching all the way to Casablanca, where sunbathers and surfers congregate. Far on the outskirts of the city is the Moulay Bousselham - a national park - where herons, flamingoes and egrets make their home in a warm aquamarine lagoon. A beautiful, enchanting and relatively tourist-free (and car-free) city, the best places to stay in Rabat include an atmospheric historic riad in the heart of the city.
The best places to stay in Rabat
- L'Alcazar is an enchanting riad well located near the centre of Rabat. Atmospheric rooms are well proportioned and keep their original charm; think intricately tiled floors, arched windows, antique furniture and free standing baths. Boasting a pretty central courtyard, hammam and rooftop with views. Very chic.
For an apartment or villa
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of villas and apartments in the nearby area.
- The best time to travel is during the summer, when the temperature ranges between 16 and 28 degrees.
- Fly to Rabat-Sale International Airport.
- If you want to rent a car, contact our partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Rabat
L'Alcazar Rabat (Bab Laalou) 8 rooms from £101
An enchanting riad well located near the centre of Rabat. Atmospheric rooms are well proportioned and keep their original charm; think intricately tiled floors, arched windows, antique furniture and free standing baths. Boasting a pretty central courtyard, hammam and rooftop with views. Very chic.Local exploring - An atmospheric property well positioned to access Rabat's sights.Surfing - At the nearby town of Kenitra there's great surfing opportunities.Sights nearby - Wander through the enchanting medieval fortified city of Chellah.Romantic - Good for couples.