Search the best hotels in Lima
Just as Lima sits between the Pacific and the Andes, so its modernist skyscrapers rise up between graceful old colonial buildings and pre-Colombian temples. With a population just short of 10 million, Lima is a large and impressive city, with ever expanding rings of modernity growing out from a historic centre that dates from 1535. Choosing the best places to stay in Lima is key to your Peruvian adventure, as everyone needs to start from here. And Lima has a lot to offer. Below we have listed the best districts to look for accommodation, and a range of the best places to book, from luxury urban designer hotels to country club elegance and charming boutiques.
Where to stay
- Miraflores: a beautiful district of parks and gardens, restaurants, hotels and shops. A number of Lima's best business hotels and flagship chains are located here.
- Javier Prado East, and Barranco: with its lively clubs and cafes, these are the areas where you’ll find most of our Guru’s recommendations for the best hotels to stay in.
These districts offer great access to both the beach and the city’s highlights, such as museums, galleries, archaeological sites, markets and architectural gems. For example, don't miss the Museo Larco, which features the largest archaeological collection of ancient Peruvian artefacts. There are some great churches here too, dating from the heyday of the Spanish empire, from the dramatic Lima Cathedral to the historic Iglesia y Convento de San Francisco, a beautifully preserved historic monastery, whose ancient catacombs contain the remains of 70,000 people. A day visit to Pachacamac, a collection of ancient ruins from a historic religious centre dating back to before the Inca Empire and just 25 miles to the south, is also a must.
Our selection of the best places to stay in Lima provide a range of great options to suit travellers of all budgets and needs.
The best places to stay in Lima
- The Hotel B in Distrito de Barranco is a 17 room boutique hotel in a beautiful historic building. The decor is elegant and the restaurant serves Peruvian Mediterranean fusion cuisine.
- Also in Distrito de Barranco, El Golf Hotel is a smart, elegant 20 room hotel decorated with white walls and fabrics. There’s a small pool and a charming terrace. The location is excellent.
- Villa Barranco is a townhouse boutique of just 9 rooms, located in a 1920s mansion. The rooms are traditional, their cosy styling complementing the building's original features; book the master suite for split-level living space and a private balcony, or sunbathe on the roof terrace.
- As well as five star luxury, the Belmond Miraflores Park Hotel also offer stunning ocean views from many of its 81 rooms and suites. There’s a great rooftop pool, plus a spa and gym and an Asian-Peruvian restaurant.
- The Atemporal Hotel is a retro boutique nine room hotel in a quiet part of this neighbourhood. The decor features of black and white photography and they serve an indulgent breakfast.
The Most Romantic
- Second Home is a five room boutique hotel perched on top of a cliff overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Formerly the home of a sculptor, there’s plenty of bright, contemporary art on the walls. The breakfasts are luxurious and drinks are served in the peaceful gardens.
- The Country Club Lima Hotel in San Isidro has been converted from a 1920s built English mansion (those Brits get everywhere) and has 83 elegant rooms and suites, a pool, gym, golf course and a superb restaurant which has won the award for the best restaurant in Peru.
For Best Value
- Antigua Miraflores is a charming, traditional 77 room property with beamed ceilings, tiled floors and a laid-back Peruvian restaurant. A great base for seeing the slights.
- The Arawi Hotel’s family suites are comfortable and modern - as are all the rooms - and its location in Miraflores puts you close to the beach and the main city sights.
For an apartment or cottage
- If you'd prefer your own space, don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a range of properties throughout the most popular areas of the city.
- Fly to Jorge Chávez International Airport located only 11.5 km (7 miles) from Lima. The airport serves a large range of domestic destinations as well as a good selection of international carriers.
- If you want to rent a car, visit our online partner Rentalcars for prices.
- Best time to visit - from December to April offers warm summer weather great for exploring the historic city - although it can also be quite rainy at this time of year!
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Peru?
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Lima
Best Hotels in Lima
Antigua Miraflores Lima (Miraflores) 77 rooms from £88Local exploring - Situated in a quiet neighbourhood with access to restaurants, shops and a short distance from the beach.Great walks - Take a stroll in the nearby the nearby Miraflores Central Park.Sights nearby - Wander around the Plaza de San Martin, a UNESCO Heritage Site.Local markets - Scour the Mercado Inca for local artecrafts.
A charming property in a quiet neighbourhood. Traditionally dressed rooms feature handcrafted furniture, pretty tiled bathrooms and beamed ceilings. A laid-back restaurant serves up Peruvian classics and Italian dishes. With easy access to the city's main attractions, this is a smart choice. See More
Arawi Hotel Lima (Miraflores) 30 rooms from £122Beach Life - The hotel is situated just ten minutes away from the beach so you can easily wander over and spend your days by the seasideCity Style - Make the most out of the great location to fully explore LimaGreat walks - Stroll through the city and get a feel for its atmosphere or head down the coast and enjoy the sea viewsSights nearby - Go visit the Bustamante Park, Huaca Huallamarca archeological site or Republica Square
Located in the district of Miraflores, Lima, Arawi Hotel features smart modern rooms and family suites are also available. Make the most out of the location to either head along to the beach or immerse yourself in Peru's capital. A great city choice with lovely friendly staff. See More
Second Home Lima (Barranco) 5 rooms from £98Surfing - Barranco's beaches are well known throughout the surfing community.Sights nearby - Basilica Cathedral of Lima is about 7 miles away but worth a visit.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool which is seasonal.Views - Views of the Pacific ocean.
A small boutique hotel perched atop a cliff overlooking the ocean. A former residence of a sculptor art remains throughout with rooms adorned with bright contemporary works. Indulgent breakfasts are offered and drinks served in the tranquil gardens. A charming stay in Lima's bohemian district. See More
Villa Barranco Lima (Barranco) 9 rooms from £155Local exploring - Located in the trendy Barranco district of Lima, this hotel is a great base for local exploring in LimaRomantic Break - Couples love the hotel's cosy interiors and the tranquil oasis of the gardenCity Style - Occupying a beautiful 1920s villa, this boutique hotel is chic and stylishGreat walks - Explore the beautiful Barranco neighbourhood on a long walk; plan your route to end at the beach and eat ceviche with the sunset
This boutique hotel is located in a 1920s property in the artsy Barranco district of Lima. The rooms' traditional, cosy styling complement the building's original features; book the master suite for split-level living space and a private balcony. Sunbathe on the roof terrace; a chic city hotel. See More
Country Club Lima Hotel Lima (San Isidro) 83 rooms from £156Foodies - Their Perroquet restaurant has won the Summum Award (for the best restaurant in the country) 5 times!Total relaxation - Afternoons spent playing golf, lounging by the pool or enjoying a beauty treatementSights nearby - The breathtaking Huaca Huallamarca archeological site is located less than a mile away and is a must visitSurfing - Head over the Los Delfines Beach with a surfboard and enjoy the weather whilst catching some waves
This 5* Country Club hotel, set in a 1920's English mansion, is situated in the San Isidro district of Lima. The elegant suites come with king-size beds and access to the pool, gym and golf course. Enjoy superb meals in their excellent restaurant! Feel like royalty at this top-notch and classy spot. See More
Atemporal Hotel Lima (Miraflores) 9 rooms from £164Local exploring - Set in a quiet neighbourhood yet with good connections to the city.Sights nearby - Walking distance from the pre-Incan Huaca Pucllana archaeological site.Surfing - Take an early morning class on the consistently good waves.Boutique
A retro boutique property in a quiet neighbourhood. Charmingly decorated rooms feature black and white photography, funky bespoke lights and small but perfectly formed bathrooms. Indulgent breakfasts are served on the patio and numerous restaurants can be found within walking distance. See More
Hotel B Lima (Distrito de Barranco) 17 rooms from £258Surfing - Head down to the beach for an afternoon surfing and enjoy the beautiful weatherSights nearby - Check out the Puente de los Suspiros, Municipal Park or the Municipal LibraryRestaurant - A la carteBoutiqueRecommended by - Relais & Chateaux
This boutique hotel is set in a beautiful historic building located in Barranco, Lima's most vibrant district. It features elegantly decorated rooms and a wonderful restaurant serving a blend of Peruvian ingredients and Mediterranean flavours. A top-class and upmarket stay in a superb area. See More
El Golf Hotel Distrito de Lima 20 rooms from £224Beach Life - The hotel is located just a mile away from the beach so you can easily spend your days lounging by the seaside!City Style - Make the most ouf of the location to go for a wander and explore LimaGreat walks - Wander along the coast and take in the sea views or stroll through upmarket San IsidroSights nearby - The Huaca Huallamarca archeological site is an absolute must visit!
El Golf Hotel is located in the San Isidro district of Lima and features smart, elegant rooms decorated with white walls and fabrics. Unwind on the terrace or take a refreshing dip in their small pool. The is a brilliantly located property at excellent value-a wonderful choice for a city stay. See More
Belmond Miraflores Park Hotel Lima (Miraflores) 81 rooms from £432Sights nearby - The famous three-pronged “Candelabra” geoglyph, the Ballestas Islands with their beautiful rock formations and marine life,Spa - Zest spa offers a wide range of treatments using indigenous products from Peru and the AmazonRestaurant - Tragaluz Restaurant serves a gastronomic fusion of Asian/Mediterranean/Peruvian flavours.Cooking classes - Private classes available with a delicious lunch in the Tragaluz restaurant.Recommended by - Tablet
Five star contemporary chic with stunning ocean views. Luxury hums through the spa, gym and rooftop pool with the popular Tragaluz restaurant serving delicious Asian-Peruvian dishes. Suites are stylish with marble bathrooms & walk in showers. A perfect location for exploring nearby Barranco. See More