- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Lima
Sophisticated Lima places its high rises between graceful colonial buildings and pre-Colombian temples in the same way that this city sits between the Pacific Ocean and a collection of pretty towns in the foothills of the Andes. Lima is a huge city, with a centre dating from 1535 and ever expanding islands of modernity. Choosing the best places to stay in Lima is key to your holiday.
Where to stay
- Miraflores: a beautiful district of parks and gardens, restaurants, hotels and shops,
- Javier Prado East, and Barranco: with its lively clubs and cafes, are the areas where you’ll find most of our Guru’s recommendations for the best hotels in Lima.
These districts are relatively safe and offer great access to both the beach and the city’s highlights - like the museums, galleries, archaeological sites, markets and architectural gems.
One of the first things you’ll notice when you arrive in Lima is that this is a city with plenty of poverty and it’s important to be smart about this when travelling around the city.
What Not To Miss
- Enjoy the enchanting fountains at Circuito Magico del Agua with different fountains and light shows aplenty, it promises to be a captivating experience for all visitors.
- Learn about Peru's fascinating history at the Museo Larco. Featuring the largest archaeological collection of Ancient Peru on the planet, there's no shortage of amazing artifacts to enthrall and amaze.
- Visit the historic Iglesia y Convento de San Francisco a historic monastery beautifully preserved and serving as an iconic architectural piece. The ancient catacombs containing the remains of 70,000 people are a particular and unique draw.
- Explore the dramatic Cathedral of Lima - showcasing stunning interior and exterior design and featuring historic art pieces, it proves educational and wonderous in equal measure.
- Unleash your inner archaeologist with a visit to Pachacamac - a collection of ancient ruins from a historic religious centre dating back to before the Inca Empire.
Our selection of the best places to stay in Lima provide a range of great options to suit travellers of all budgets and needs.
The best places to stay in Lima
- The Hotel B in Distrito de Barranco is a 17 room boutique hotel in a beautiful historic building. The decor is elegant and the restaurant serves Peruvian Mediterranean fusion cuisine.
- Also in Distrito de Barranco, El Golf Hotel is a smart, elegant 20 room hotel decorated with white walls and fabrics. There’s a small pool and a charming terrace. The location is excellent.
- As well as five star luxury, the Belmond Miraflores Park Hotel also offer stunning ocean views from many of its 81 rooms and suites. There’s a great rooftop pool, plus a spa and gym and an Asian-Peruvian restaurant.
- The Atemporal Hotel is a retro boutique nine room hotel in the quiet neighbourhood of Miraflores. The decor features plenty of black and white photography and they serve an indulgent breakfast.
The Most Romantic
- Second Home is a five room boutique hotel perched on top of a cliff overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Formerly the home of a sculptor, there’s still plenty of bright, contemporary art on the walls. The breakfasts are luxurious and drinks are served in the peaceful gardens.
- The Country Club Lima Hotel in San Isidro has been converted from a 1920s built English mansion and has 83 elegant rooms and suites, a pool, gym, golf course and a superb restaurant which has won the award for the best restaurant in the whole of Peru five times.
For Best Value
- The Huaca Wasi Boutique Hotel is a converted colonial mansion with six chic rooms in well positioned Miraflores. Some rooms have private balconies and views of the gardens. This is a quiet spot but less than a mile from the beach. Rooms start from around £75 per night.
- For around £10 extra per night you can stay at the nearby Antigua Miraflores, a charming, traditional 77 room property with beamed ceilings, tiled floors and a laid-back Peruvian restaurant. Great for seeing the slights.
- The Arawi Hotel’s family suites are comfortable and modern - as are all the rooms - and its location in Miraflores puts you close to the beach and the main city sights.
For an apartment or cottage
- If you'd prefer your own space, don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a range of properties throughout the most popular areas of the city.
- Fly to Jorge Chávez International Airport located only 11.5 km (7 miles) from Lima. The airport serves a large range of domestic destinations as well as a good selection of international carriers.
- If you want to rent a car, visit our online partnerRentalcars for prices.
- Best time to visit - from December to April offers warm summer weather great for exploring the historic city - although it can also be quite rainy at this time of year!
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Lima
Huaca Wasi Boutique Hotel 6 rooms from £73Lima (Miraflores)
Set in a mansion with chic colonial-style decor in Miraflores, Lima. Some rooms feature private balconies and garden views whilst an American breakfast is served each morning for you to enjoy. Head to the beach or go off exploring Peru's capital! A quiet and rustic city stay.Beach Life - The hotel is situated less than a mile from the beach so you can easily spend your days lounging by the seasideLocal exploring - Go visit Huaca Pucllana or walk around Miraflores and get to know LimaGreat walks - Wander around the city or head up the coast and enjoy the wonderful sea viewsSights nearby - Head over to Bustamante Park, Republica Square or La Rosa Marina
Antigua Miraflores 77 rooms from £87Lima (Miraflores)
A charming property in a quiet neighbourhood. Traditionally dressed rooms feature handcrafted furniture, pretty tiled bathrooms and beamed ceilings. A laid-back restaurant serves up Peruvian classics and Italian dishes. With easy access to the city's main attractions, this is a smart choice.Local exploring - Situated in a quiet neighbourhood with access to restaurants, shops and a short distance from the beach.Great walks - Take a stroll in the nearby the nearby Miraflores Central Park.Sights nearby - Wander around the Plaza de San Martin, a UNESCO Heritage Site.Local markets - Scour the Mercado Inca for local artecrafts.
Arawi Hotel 30 rooms from £122Lima (Miraflores)
Located in the district of Miraflores, Lima, Arawi Hotel features smart modern rooms and family suites are also available. Make the most out of the location to either head along to the beach or immerse yourself in Peru's capital. A great city choice with lovely friendly staff.Beach Life - The hotel is situated just ten minutes away from the beach so you can easily wander over and spend your days by the seasideCity Style - Make the most out of the great location to fully explore LimaGreat walks - Stroll through the city and get a feel for its atmosphere or head down the coast and enjoy the sea viewsSights nearby - Go visit the Bustamante Park, Huaca Huallamarca archeological site or Republica Square
Second Home 5 rooms from £96Lima (Barranco)
A small boutique hotel perched atop a cliff overlooking the ocean. A former residence of a sculptor art remains throughout with rooms adorned with bright contemporary works. Indulgent breakfasts are offered and drinks served in the tranquil gardens. A charming stay in Lima's bohemian district.Sights nearby - Basilica Cathedral of Lima is about 7 miles away but worth a visit.Surfing - Barranco's beaches are well known throughout the surfing community.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool which is seasonal.Views - Views of the Pacific ocean.
Country Club Lima Hotel 83 rooms from £154Lima (San Isidro)
This 5* Country Club hotel, set in a 1920's English mansion, is situated in the San Isidro district of Lima. The elegant suites come with king-size beds and access to the pool, gym and golf course. Enjoy superb meals in their excellent restaurant! Feel like royalty at this top-notch and classy spot.Foodies - Their Perroquet restaurant has won the Summum Award (for the best restaurant in the country) 5 times!Total relaxation - Afternoons spent playing golf, lounging by the pool or enjoying a beauty treatementSights nearby - The breathtaking Huaca Huallamarca archeological site is located less than a mile away and is a must visitSurfing - Head over the Los Delfines Beach with a surfboard and enjoy the weather whilst catching some waves
Atemporal Hotel 9 rooms from £161Lima (Miraflores)
A retro boutique property in a quiet neighbourhood. Charmingly decorated rooms feature black and white photography, funky bespoke lights and small but perfectly formed bathrooms. Indulgent breakfasts are served on the patio and numerous restaurants can be found within walking distance.Local exploring - Set in a quiet neighbourhood yet with good connections to the city.Sights nearby - Walking distance from the pre-Incan Huaca Pucllana archaeological site.Surfing - Take an early morning class on the consistently good waves.
Hotel B 17 rooms from £258Lima (Distrito de Barranco)
This boutique hotel is set in a beautiful historic building located in Barranco, Lima's most vibrant district. It features elegantly decorated rooms and a wonderful restaurant serving a blend of Peruvian ingredients and Mediterranean flavours. A top-class and upmarket stay in a superb area.Surfing - Head down to the beach for an afternoon surfing and enjoy the beautiful weatherSights nearby - Check out the Puente de los Suspiros, Municipal Park or the Municipal LibraryViews - Great views from hotelTraditionalRecommended by - Relais & Chateaux
El Golf Hotel 20 rooms from £220Distrito de Lima
El Golf Hotel is located in the San Isidro district of Lima and features smart, elegant rooms decorated with white walls and fabrics. Unwind on the terrace or take a refreshing dip in their small pool. The is a brilliantly located property at excellent value-a wonderful choice for a city stay.Beach Life - The hotel is located just a mile away from the beach so you can easily spend your days lounging by the seaside!City Style - Make the most ouf of the location to go for a wander and explore LimaGreat walks - Wander along the coast and take in the sea views or stroll through upmarket San IsidroSights nearby - The Huaca Huallamarca archeological site is an absolute must visit!
Belmond Miraflores Park Hotel 81 rooms from £432Lima (Miraflores)
Five star contemporary chic with stunning ocean views. Luxury hums through the spa, gym and rooftop pool with the popular Tragaluz restaurant serving delicious Asian-Peruvian dishes. Suites are stylish with marble bathrooms & walk in showers. A perfect location for exploring nearby Barranco.Sights nearby - T famous three-pronged “Candelabra” geoglyph, the Ballestas Islands with their beautiful rock formations and marine life,Spa - Zest spa offers a wide range of treatments using indigenous products from Peru and the AmazonCooking classes - Private classes available with a delicious lunch in the Tragaluz restaurant.Swimming Pool - Heated outdoor rooftop pool with jaw-dropping viewsRecommended by - Tablet
Inkaterra Hacienda Urubamba 36 rooms from £355Lima (Miraflores L18)
A refined eco lodge in the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Decorated throughout with traditional Incan flare- think antiques, colourful woven fabrics and floor to ceiling windows. The restaurant offers farm to fork from their own organic gardens and the spa offers local medicinal herb treatments.Eco break - The hotel uses local natural building & bath products, food comes from their organic farm and waste is recycled and compostedLocal exploring - Take a free guided tour of their organic farm, to learn about the crops & medicinal plants grown in the valley for centuriesSights nearby - En route to Machu Picchu you must make a stop at the incredible ruined hill fortress of OllantaytamboCooking classes - Learn how to make the resorative and delicious Jora, a traditional Incan beverageRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet