- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Vila Real
About Vila Real
Founded in the thirteenth century by King Denis of Portugal, Vila Real has long had association with the Portuguese royal family. The city has a charming feel and a rich array of architecture, keep an eye out for family coat of arms that decorate some of the city's old buildings. Vila Real is surrounded by vineyards that produce red, white and rosé wines, they are well worth visiting. The Hotel Guru's selection of the best places to stay in Vila Real range from beautiful townhouses to luxurious hillside retreats.
What not to miss
- Vila Real is packed full of interesting sights and a good place to start is the stunning Cathedral of Vila Real.
- There are a number of museums to choose from in the city including the Archaeology and Numismatic Museum, Geology Museum and the Ethnographic Museum.
- The city is full of a wide selection of churches, amongst the best are St. Peter's church, Bom Jesus do Calvário church and Clérigos's church.
- Go on wine tasting tours in the vineyards outside Vila Real.
Full of charm and character, our selection of the best places to stay in Vila Real showcase the city's rich culture of hospitality.
The best places to stay in Vila Real
For a luxurious stay
- Set in a village outside Vila Real, Casas do Coro is perfect for people looking for an indulgent break. They offer swish self-cotained cottages, the rooms feature stylish art and plush furnishings. A deluxe spa and excellent restaurant cap things off nicely.
For traditional hospitality
- Just a short walk from the centre of Vila Real, Casa de Levada is a delightful family-run hotel. Featuring charming rooms, a lovely garden and a beautiful outdoor pool, there's a lot to like about this place. A great low-cost option.
For an apartment or villa
- Explore the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- The nearest airport to Vila Real is Porto (62 miles).
- If you're looking to hire a car, we recommend visiting our online partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to visit Vila Real is either from May to June or September to August. If you like hot weather, then brave the 30 degree heat in July and August.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Vila Real
Casas do Coro 17 rooms from £142Vila Real
Tucked into the charming village of Marialva, Casas do Coro is a magnificent hotel. Set around stunning self-contained holiday cottages that offer guests privacy and space to relax. Deluxe spa facilities, a superb restaurant and great views all combine to make this place something special.Sights nearby - Visit the nearby Longroiva Hot Springs and Almeida Fonte Santa Hot Springs.Great walks - Wonderful walking routes in the surrounding countryside.Romantic - Good for couples.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRecommended by - I Escape, Sawdays
Casa da Levada 8 rooms from £51Vila Real (R. da Capela)
This family run country home is a short walk away from the picturesque town centre. Surrounded by gardens and an outdoor pool, the main house and cottages have red-tiled roofs, stone walls, hand painted tiles and antique furniture. A home made breakfast is served at the terrace everyday.Families - Two bedroom apartments are great for familiesValue chic - Providing excellent value for moneySights nearby - Must visit Casa de Mateus for its baroque architecture and the International Music Festival from June - Sep annuallyGreat walks - Lovely hikes can be enjoyed in nature parks surrounding the hotel