- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Western Cape
About Western Cape
One of the most popular tourist destinations on the African continent, the Western Cape incorporates a huge variety of opportunities for the discerning visitor. From the lively city life of the picturesque Cape Town to the rural vineyards - we'd recommend you stay in Franschhoek and Stellenbosch, only a short drive away, there is no limit to the amount of time one can spend perusing the wonders of the Cape. We’ve selected the best places to stay in the Western Cape to see it all! The area is also the birthplace of some of the most influential social movements in modern history and testaments to these pivotal struggles can be found throughout the Cape, from Mandela’s prison on Robben Island to the District Six Museum in Cape Town.
What not to miss:
Climb Table Mountain from Cape Town to reach the summit and bask in the breath-taking views from the top. If you’re feeling particularly energetic the trails are also good for an early morning run!
Robberg Nature Reserve is a fantastic coastal park through which you can hike whilst keeping the sea in sight! A great place for some gentle exercise.
Tenikwa Wildlife Awareness Centre is far from a zoo. The centre was set up to rehabilitate injured wildlife and it now sponsors conservation around South Africa. The perfect place to see some of the country’s most impressive wild life whilst supporting its longevity.
The beautiful bay of Knysna Heads is best visited by boat as this opens up the possibility of whale spotting (season dependant). Stunning scenery and a terrific place for a day trip.
The Kirstenboscåh National Botanical Garden sits on the Eastern slopes of Table Mountain and is renowned for being one of the most magnificent botanical gardens in the world and this reputation is well-earned. Rare and endangered species live in this vibrant paradise and there are also a few restaurants for when your legs need a break!
Use our guide to the best places to stay in the Western Cape and start to plan your South African tour.
For something truly special
La Residence, Franschhoek is as good as it gets. Littered with antiques and palatial decoration, there is no limit to indulgence.
- Le Quartier Francais (Franschhoek) houses a restaurant extremely popular with locals and visitors alike. Private pools, colorful decoration and a friendly reception.
- Steenberg Hotel is a luxury vineyard hotel in the picturesque Constantia Valley, about 30 minutes from central Cape Town. Popular with everyone from couples to golfers, families and friends – as well as locals.
- The Vineyard Hotel is a Cape Country house on six acres of stunning gardens, in Newlands. The sleek and chic decor exudes calm, with white on white and clean lines. A one of a kind retreat with phenomenal spa facilities and gourmet cuisine. A oasis of calm, ten minutes from the center of Cape Town.
An affordable alternative
- Basse Provence Country House (Franschhoek) boasts traditional architecture and comfortable suites, great for families.
- An African Villa is a delightful Victorian guesthouse in the central Tamboerskloof District. Some of the 'African Zen' contemporary rooms boast balconies with views of the iconic Table Mountain. Within walking distance from some of Cape Town's best restaurants and bars. A stylish city escape.
- Cape Heritage Hotel - a cool and comfy townhouse hotel with a central location. Ideal for exploring Cape Town and enjoying the city’s foodie scene, with many top spots just a stone’s throw from the hotel.
- Glen Hotel is our favourite gay-friendly hotel in Cape Town in Sea Point, a wonderful location near all the best restaurants and bars. Charming white on white suites with splashes of colour. Casually chic with fantastic personalised hospitality.
Stay in a vineyard
- La Petite Ferme (Franschhoek) is within reach of the town but also offers fantastic views and a highly renowned restaurant.
- Rickety Bridge Manor House (Franschhoek) sits within Rickety Bridge Wine Estate and has a particularly intimate feel. Beautiful traditional architecture and an outdoor pool, not to mention a great name!
- Leeu Estates (Franschhoek) lies in the middle of a beautiful vineyard and is one of the country’s most luxurious hotels. Colonial architecture and divine dining.
- Holden Manz (Franschhoek) lies between the Franschhoek and Stony Brook rivers and is renowned for its fantastic food. There’s also a great outdoor pool to bask in.
- Grand Dedale is a peaceful oasis amidst the vibrant green vineyards near Wellington. The old manor house has been decorated in a chic and luxurious manor.
For a couple’s retreat
The rural Mont Rochelle (Franschhoek) is well known for its restaurant and comprehensive spa.
Le Franschhoek Hotel & Spa (Franschhoek) has light and airy bedrooms, movie star mirrors, a fantastic spa and simple but delicious menu.
- 21 Roux Street (Franschhoek) only has three suites and will make you feel right at home. In amongst the well-kept garden lies a beautiful swimming pool to cool off in.
- Bartholomeus Klip Farmhouse is a spectacular property in the Elandskloof Nature Reserve. With elegant and spacious accommodation - guests can either book themselves a double room, a suite or take out the entire self-catering Olive House! Lounge by the pool and indulge yourself at dinner. Truly special.
- Cape Cadogan is a boutique Georgian property situated in an upmarket neighbourhood and boasting Table Mountain as a spectacular backdrop. Chic rooms are light and airy with traditional features washed with clean soft hues. Quiet terraces and a swimming pool are ideal for unwinding after a day's exploring. Charming.
Explore the towns
- Just on the outskirts of the town, Majeka House (Stellenbosch) features modem architecture and all the comforts associated with it. Beautiful furnishings, a superb spa and plenty of swimming pools make this an ideal spot from which to get into town. It’s also conveniently close to the vineyards so a drink is never far away!
- Hlangana Lodge is a great base to explore the surrounding Oudtshoorn town with its notorious Cango caves and beautiful countryside. The hotel is quiet and comfortable with a good pool and lovely gardens.
- The Robertson Small Hotel (Robertson) is five star luxury in this small town at the heart of the wine region. The perfect place from which to visit Robertson's vineyards and try the local wine in the hotel bar at the end of a long day!
- Akademie Street (Franschhoek) is a collection of private cottages and boutique suites located on the edge of the town. A home from home with notorious English breakfasts, hot tubs and plenty of pools!
- Cape Grace Hotel is a beautiful hotel in the centre of Cape Town’s vibrant V&A Waterfront. Excellent service, sumptuous classic interiors, a great restaurant, trendy bar and its own spa. There are magnificent views of Table Mountain and the marina which can be enjoyed from the privacy of your own balcony.
For a rural retreat
- Hawksmoor House in Stellenbosch is a charming hideaway outside of Stellenbosch with views of Table Mountain to the South. Traditional architecture, antique furnishings and a great pool make this an ideal spot for relaxation. Very family friendly.
- Lekkerwijn (Franschhoek) features beautiful traditional architecture where it sits nestled between vineyard clad valleys. Choose between one of the rustic rooms in the main building or a chic cottage all to yourself in the charming grounds. Very family friendly.
- Babylonstoren (near Paarl) is an old Dutch farm that has since been renovated into a beautiful and peaceful rural escape. Fireplaces litter this exquisite hotel and their restaurant boasts ingredients fresh from their organic garden!
By the coast
- Arabella Hotel & Spa (Hermanus) has something for everyone, a renowned golf course and a relaxing spa! Modern architecture with touches of African decor, the estate is supremely comfortable and has all facilities imaginable. There are even Jacuzzis available on the private balconies!
- Strandloper Ocean Boutique Hotel has only 14 private suites so book fast! Amazing sea views and simple designs make this a beach side paradise. Renowned for its friendly staff, good wine and delicious food.
- Abalone House & Spa (Bek Bay) sits in the coastal village of Paternoster and offers all the luxury you’d associate with the five stars its earned. Great sea views, a fantastic restaurant and a hot tub on the roof, perfect for sundowners!
- The Twelve Apostles Hotel - This classic and comfortable hotel is all about location with terrific sea and mountain views. Hourly shuttles mean it’s also well placed for the beaches at Camps Bay and the V&A Waterfront.
- Cellars-Hohenort is an elegantly converted old manor house on a wine estate, on the slopes of Table Mountain. The sleek rooms are white on white with splashes of bold fabric, utterly chic! Spectacular views, award winning gardens, spa services and an extensive wine cellar in addition to the two award-winning restaurants will make it hard to leave. Blissful.
Small and Stylish
- Alta Bay is a small stylish B&B with gorgeous airy suites with private terraces and wonderful views of the bay. Slightly off-centre - a charming place of relaxation for an intimate and low-key city break.
- Kensington Place is a small stylish hotel in Higgovale on the Table Mountain foothills. This intimate spot puts emphasis on peace and tranquility, each room comes with private balcony and most have phenomenal views of the city and bay. Check out nearby Kloof Street, Capetown's hottest spot for restaurants and bars.
- Welgelegen is a well-located and chic guesthouse in a leafy cul-de-sac of Cape Town. The elegant and comfy rooms are tastefully decorated and adorned with personal charm. An urban sanctuary for families or city visitors near to the best restaurants, bars and museums.
- Nova Constantia Boutique Residence is an excellent boutique offering located down a leafy residential road in upmarket Constantia. Plush suites are decorated in crushed velvet and feature whirpool baths. The Premier Suite has its own hot tub. Enjoy a game of tennis or an afternoon swim. A scrumptious breakfast is included in the rate.
For an apartment or villa
- If you'd prefer your own space, don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a fantastic variety of properties throughout the region ensuring that there's something for everyone.
- Fly to Cape Town International Airport located only 20km (12 miles) from Cape Town, providing a large number of domestic connections and also serving several International carriers.
- If you want to rent a car to explore this beautiful region - for prices visit our online partner Rentalcars
- Best time to visit - between October and March to get the best of the weather.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Western Cape
Lekkerwijn 10 rooms from £58Franschhoek (Groot Drakenstein)
Lekkerwijn is set in a 17th century country house, nestled in the valleys of Franschhoek. The charming rooms are decorated in a period style with antique furnishings-or you can choose to stay in one of the rustic-chic cottages. Relax in the sun by the pool! A fantastic family retreat.Value chic - An elegant coutnry house, surrounded by lush gardens at a great price-what more could you ask for?Weddings - An intimate venue which offers a well organised wedding packageCountry Escape - Lekkerwijn enjoys a fantastically peaceful rural locationSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRecommended by - I Escape
Basse Provence Country House 9 rooms from £61Franschhoek (Western Cape)
Quintessential thatched Cape Dutch style building dating back to 1855. Comprised of seven homely suites, some featuring in room bathtubs. In addition there is a two bedroomed cottage - ideal for families. Outside there is a pool with vineyard vistas and plenty of walking trails.Sights nearby - Franschhoek town is just a scenic walk or short drive away.Great walks - Along the Franschhoek River.Views - Great views from hotelSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
Glen Hotel 24 rooms from £60Cape Town
Our favourite gay-friendly hotel in Cape Town in Sea Point, a wonderful location near all the best restaurants and bars. Charming white on white suites with splashes of colour. Casually chic with fantastic personalised hospitality.Views - Wonderful views of Lion's Head and the Atlantic Ocean.Gay friendlyGreat walks - The Glen runs a half day tour of Cape Town's art galleries, trendy bars, museums, restaurants and heritage sights.Local markets - Check out Main Street for some great shopping.
Nova Constantia Boutique Residence 8 rooms from £86Cape Town
An excellent boutique offering located down a leafy residential road in upmarket Constantia. Plush suites are decorated in crushed velvet and feature whirpool baths. The Premier Suite has its own hot tub. Enjoy a game of tennis or an afternoon swim. A scrumptious breakfast is included in the rate.Fishing - Catch a fish supper in Hout Bay harbour.Private Hot TubSpaSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
Hlangana Lodge 18 rooms from £90Oudtshoorn, Western Cape
This peaceful and homely guesthouse set in exotic landscaped gardens makes the perfect base for exploring Oudtshoorn, the Cango Caves and surrounding area along the Garden Route.Sights nearby - Explore the nearby Cango Caves.Full of characterRomantic - Good for couples.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
Cape Heritage Hotel 15 rooms from £94Cape Town City Centre
Cool and comfy townhouse hotel with a central location. Ideal for exploring Cape Town and enjoying the city’s foodie scene, with many top spots just a stone’s throw from the hotel.Sights nearby - For a day trip, visit the infamous Robben Island, eight miles from the hotel.Great walks - No trip to Cape Town is complete without a trip up Table Mountain.Fishing - Take a fishing trip out from the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront.Full of character
An African Villa 12 rooms from £89Cape Town
A delightful Victorian guesthouse in the central Tamboerskloof District. Some of the 'African Zen' contemporary rooms boast balconies with views of the iconic Table mountain. Walking distance from some of Cape Town's best restaurants and bars. A stylish city escape.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorFull of characterBarefoot Luxury - For total relaxation.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - I Escape, Frommers
Le Franschhoek Hotel & Spa 79 rooms from £105Franschhoek (Western Cape)
A 79 room hotel with a homely boutique feel. Light filled bedrooms are extremely comfortable, decorated in soft palettes and featuring sparkling bathrooms with movie star mirrors. A delectable breakfast spread is served as well as a seasonal à la carte menu at DISH. Camelot spa is not to be missed.Great walks - Traverse the Hottentots Holland Nature Reserve.Views - Great views from hotelSpaSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
La Petite Ferme 12 rooms from £106Franschhoek (Cape Town)
Famed vineyard with gourmet restaurant La Petite Ferme's hotel could not be anything but superb. Suites decorated in soft palettes feature breathtaking pastoral views, and some private plunge pools. Located within easy reach of the charming town of Franschhoek and even more excellent restaurants.Great walks - A downhill stroll wander into the quaint town of Franschhoek.Sights nearby - The French Huguenot's memorial is just a short walk away.Views - Great views from hotelRomantic - Good for couples.
21 Roux Street 3 rooms from £106Franschhoek (Western Cape)
This beautiful guesthouse provides just three rooms - thoughtfully decorated suites. Featuring antiques, pastoral paintings and other classic decor touches. The garden is Mediterranean in style and picture perfect with an inviting pool. No restaurant but a delicious breakfast is served.Sights nearby - The French Huguenot Monument is within walking distance.
Welgelegen 13 rooms from £112Cape Town
Well-located and chic guesthouse in a leafy cul-de-sac of Cape Town. The elegant and comfy rooms are tastefully decorated and adorned with personal charm. An urban sanctuary for families or city visitors near to the best restaurants, bars, and museums.Families - Perfect location for checking out Cape Town with all the family - plus the nearby De Waal Park will keep the kids happy!Local markets - Visit the Pan African Market and Greenmarket Square for great souvenir shopping.Great walks - Under 13 km to the Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden.Sights nearby - The Iziko South African Museum is just minutes away.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Arabella Hotel & Spa 145 rooms from £118Hermanus (Hermanus,)
A coastal country estate and relaxing haven - known for its golf course and award winning spa Arabella's caters to all tastes. Rooms are modern with African accents, private balconies and huge jacuzzi baths. There are indoor and outdoor pools plus fine dining options. Relaxing and indulgent.Families - So many activities packed into one space we defy you to try them all! This plus family suites and babysitting facilitiesRomantic Break - Fine dining and sprawling rooms with private jacuzzi bathsSpa breaks - Boasting an award winning spa with an extensive menuSwimming Pool - Indoor and outdoor pool
Rickety Bridge Manor House 3 rooms from £119Franschhoek (Western Cape)
An intimate three bedroom manor house, located within Rickety Bridge Wine Estate. Ensconced by the Franschhoek Valley and verdant vineyards. Charming rooms, up in the rafters feature exposed beams, antique furnishing and roll-top baths. There is an outdoor pool and homely sitting rooms.Restrictions on children - Children older than 16 years are welcome.Great walks - Along the nearby Franschhoek River.Secluded setting - For escaping.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
Strandloper Ocean Boutique Hotel 14 rooms from £130Paternoster
A coastal hotel comprising of just 14 secluded suites all boasting spectacular sea views. Design has been kept simple with white washed walls, cleanly designed furniture and luxurious bathrooms. Staff are ever helpful, the cuisine delicious and wine collection excellent. A chic escape.Total relaxation - A coastal property designed for simply unwinding.Great walks - Take long walks along the miles of stunning beaches.Kayaking - Take out a kayak and visit the penguin colony.Restrictions on children - Adult only.
Hawksmoor House 15 rooms from £134Stellenbosch (East-Rural)
Hawksmoor House is set on a farm along the Stellenbosch Wine route. This tranquil property offers chic, elegant accommodation featuring antique furnishings. Relax by the pool soaking up the sun and taking in the views of Table Mountain! A fantastic country retreat offering hearty breakfasts.Families - The ideal family getaway on this homely working farm offering family suites plenty of space and a lovely poolLocal exploring - Close enough for you to nip into Capetown and explore, right on the edge of the WinelandsWeddings - Hawksmoor House offers a scenic, historic and authentic location for your big dayGreat walks - The winelands is home to plenty of stunning hiking trailsRecommended by - I Escape
Vineyard Hotel 178 rooms from £154Cape Town (Colinton Road, Newlands)
A Cape Country house on six acres of stunning gardens, in Newlands. The sleek and chic decor exudes calm, with white on white and clean lines. A one of a kind retreat with phenomenal spa facilities and gourmet cuisine. A oasis of clam, ten minutes from the center of Cape Town.Spa breaks - The international Banyan Tree Resort’s Angsana Spa offers unique experiences from highly trained therapists.Swimming Pool - Indoor and Outdoor interlinked PoolRestaurant - Award-winning Myoga restaurant.Spa - Award-winning spa.Recommended by - Frommers
Majeka House 23 rooms from £158Stellenbosch (Cape Town)
Fun, modern hotel featuring beautifully upholstered furnishings, state of the art bathrooms and statement murals and wallpapering. The hotel has a total of four pools plus a relaxing spa and hammam. Its Makaron Restaurant is famed for its superlative cuisine. Prime wine country, foodies will love.Local markets - tellenbosch Organic Farmers Market has a superb collection of fine foods.Swimming Pool - Indoor and outdoor.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Spa
Kensington Place 8 rooms from £125Cape Town
A small stylish hotel in Higgovale, on the Table Mountain foothills. This intimate spot puts emphasis on peace and tranquility, each room comes with private balcony, most with phenomenal views of the city and bay. Check out nearby Kloof Street, Capetown's hottest spot for restaurants and bars.City Style - An elegant hotel within range of all the trendy sites of Capetown.Views - Fantastic views over Table Bay.Sights nearby - Visit Robben Island - the former prison where Nelson Mandela spent most of his 27 years of imprisonmentRestrictions on children - No children under the age of 12 are accepted.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet, Frommers, Kiwi Collection
Alta Bay 3 rooms from 165Cape Town (Higgovale)
A stylish small B&B with gorgeous airy suites with private terraces and wonderful views of the bay. Slightly off-centre - a charming place of relaxation for an intimate and low-key city break.Views - Wonderful views of the Bay.City StyleRestrictions on children - Babies and children over 6 are welcome.Great walks - Good for walkers.Recommended by - Frommers
The Robertson Small Hotel 10 rooms from £171Robertson (Robertson,)
Robertson's only 5* hotel, this Victorian design property offers a slice of indulgence in the heart of wine country. The chic light-filled rooms are furnished with an effortless elegance and charm. Relax with a drink at the EM bar and try out their wide variety of wines. A peaceful spot!Country Escape - Make the most of this off the beaten track gem, wander the streets of the quaint town and the tranquil surrounding countrysideTotal relaxation - Lounge by the pool, sample the extensive wine list and take full advantage of the extensive spa treatments on offerFoodies - The Small Restaurant serves simple, sophisticated, seasonal Italian-inspired dishes.Great walks - Head off on gorgeous long walks around the surrounding nature reservesRecommended by - CN Traveller, Kiwi Collection
Cape Cadogan 12 rooms from £173Cape Town (8001 8001 8001)
A boutique Georgian property situated in an upmarket neighbourhood and boasting Table Mountain as a spectacular backdrop. Chic rooms are light and airy with traditional features washed with clean soft hues. Quiet terraces and a swimming pool are ideal for unwinding after a day's exploring. Charming.Local exploring - Set in a swanky Cape Town neighbourhood and within walking distance of many of the city's main attractions.Great walks - Take a sunset walk along the nearby Clifton Beach.Romantic - Good for couples.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
Steenberg Hotel 24 rooms from £185Cape Town (Tokai)
Luxury vineyard hotel in the picturesque Constantia Valley, about 30 minutes from central Cape Town. Popular with everyone from couples to golfers, families and friends – as well as locals.Historic - The farmhouses are now a national monument - built in 1682, the first registered farm in SAWine tasting - In the Constantia Valley - home to a great deal of award-winning winesGolf - World-championship golf course on the Steenberg EstateViews - Lovely views over False Bay
Cellars-Hohenort 48 rooms from £186Cape Town (Constantia)
An elegantly converted old manor house on a wine estate, on the slopes of Table Mountain. The sleek rooms are white on white with splashes of bold fabric, utterly chic! Spectacular views, award winning gardens, spa services and an extensive wine cellar will make it hard to leave. Blissful.Wine tasting - As a restored winery-estate manor house they of course still have their own vineyards and hold tastings.Foodies - With two award winning restaurants and their own vineyard this is foodie heaven!Child friendly - All children are welcome. Babysitting services available.Garden - One of the finest privately owned gardens in the world.Recommended by - Tablet, Frommers, Kiwi Collection, Relais & Chateaux
Grand Dedale 7 rooms from £231Wellington (PO Box 453)
Grand Dedale enjoys a splendidly peaceful location nestled in a valley on the 380 hectares of Doolhof Wine Estate. This restored manor house offers chic boutique accommodation, luxurious interiors and lovely bathrooms. Enjoy four course dinners of game and seafood. A top-notch country escape!Active Holiday - There are a wide array of activities to get you out and about in Grand Dedale's surrounding countrysideCountry Escape - Feel a million miles away from all your worries at this tranquil rural spotGreat walks - Head off on the two km River Walk or explore Limietbeg Nature Reserve's nine hiking trails!Fishing - There are plenty of good trout fishing spots located nearbyRecommended by - I Escape, CN Traveller
Le Quartier Francais 21 rooms from £262Franschhoek (Cape Town)
Locals flock here for brunch, lunch and dinner; tourists scramble for a room. Twenty-one colourfully decorated rooms feature gorgeous upholstery and some, private pools. There are three in-house fine dining options plus plenty more right on your doorstep. A firm Franschhoek favourite.Restrictions on children - Children cannot be accommodated at this hotel.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool.Spa
Holden Manz 5 rooms from £305Franschhoek
Holden Manz is situated on a wine estate between the Franschhoek and Stony Brook rivers. This country house offers spacious accommodation and smart bathrooms, whilst their Franschhoek kitchen serves up absolutely stunning dishes for you to try! Relax in the sun by the pool. A top country retreat.Country Escape - A stunning location and exquisite cuisine make Holden Manz the ideal spot for a romantic country escapeTotal relaxation - Feel a million miles away from all your worries as you unwind in their spaRemote - Off the beaten track.Secluded setting - For escaping.Recommended by - I Escape
Mont Rochelle 26 rooms from £306Franschhoek
A Virgin Limited Edition property set in spectacular rural surrounds in one of South Africa's finest wine growing regions. Classically designed throughout with soft hues, clean lines and plenty of light. A fabulous restaurant makes for romantic evenings and glorious spa is utterly spoiling. Bliss.Country Escape - A tranquil property set amidst rolling vineyards and with epic mountain views.Outstanding locationSecluded setting - For escaping.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Tablet
The Twelve Apostles Hotel 70 rooms from £337Cape Town (Camps Bay)
This classic and comfortable hotel is all about location with terrific sea and mountain views. Hourly shuttles mean it’s also well placed for the beaches at Camps Bay and the V&A Waterfront.Diving - Explore the Two Oceans or if you are feeling brave experience a shark dive.Surfing - Muizenberg Beach is considered one of the best surf spots in the world.Birdwatching - The surrounding coastline is great for birdwatching.Great walks - Take a hike up the spectacular Table Mountain.
Akademie Street 7 rooms from £351Franschhoek
Akademie Street offers a variety of boutique suites and cottages in charming Franschhoek. The property boasts elegant accommodation with chic interiors and wonderful views. Swim in one of the four pools or soak up the sun in one of their hot tubs! Enjoy full English breakfasts. A magnificent spot!Honeymoons - Elegant, intimate and wonderfully private cottages and suites surrounded by some of South Africa's best wine estates.Country Escape - Just a few minutes walk from the charming village centre, surrounded by lush gardens and rolling countrysideGreat walks - Franschhoek is home to many fantastic surrounding hiking trailsFull of characterRecommended by - I Escape
Leeu House 12 rooms from £368Franschhoek
A quaint Cape Dutch style hotel, located right along picturesque Franschhoek's bustling high street. Family friendly, and walking distance from some of Cape Town's best restaurants, this 12-bedroom hotel is a perfect base, ticking all the right boxes.Local exploring - Perfectly located for all that Franschhoek has to offerGreat walks - Explore the Mont Rochelle Nature ReserveSights nearby - The Huguenot MonumentSwimming Pool - Outdoor pool
Abalone House & Spa 10 rooms from £370Paternoster (Bek Bay)
Abalone House & Spa is located in the coastal village of Paternoster, Western Cape. This 5* property offers ten boutique suites with some boasting splendid sea views. Enjoy scrumptious meals at the Reuben restaurant or a bottle of champagne in the rooftop jacuzzi! Wonderfully romantic.Romantic Break - Abalone House & Spa offers luxurious accommodation, gorgeous sea views and a quiet atmosphere-ideal for a romantic getawayTotal relaxation - Take advantage of their extensive spa treatments and bask in the fresh sea airGreat walks - Wander along Paternoster beach at sunset and take in the incredible viewsBirdwatching - There are over 200 species of birds in Abalone House's surounding area!Recommended by - I Escape
Babylonstoren 12 rooms from £374Western Cape
Babylonstoren is a restored Cape Dutch farm set in the remote rural hamlet of Simondium. The elegant interiors offer various original details-think wooden farm doors, fireplaces and stone walls-contrasted with modern kitchens and bathrooms. Enjoy exquisite meals from the Organic gardens- heaven!Honeymoons - A truly uniue spot- unfussy elegance with a modern flare, spectacular views, unbeatable food and plenty of wine!Total relaxation - Forget about all your worries at this stunningly tranquil spot and make use of their spa facilitiesEco break - Everything grown in their incredible garden is edible and chemical-free- utter organic indulgence!!Fishing - Head off to Berg River and find a nice spot for a quiet afternoon fishingRecommended by - I Escape, Kiwi Collection
Leeu Estates 20 rooms from £477Franschhoek (Western Cape)
Located in the charming Franschhoek Valley, nestled amidst 68 acres of working vineyards lies one of South Africa's most luxurious new hotels. This elegant 19th century Manor House blends colonial and African interiors to great effect. Fine dining and fine wines complete the package. Divine.Romantic Break - A popular honeymooner's destination Leeu estates includes indulgent rooms, spa and fine diningFoodies - Award winning wines paired with gourmet dishes - plus Franschhoek is a foodie's meccaGreat walks - Through the Franschhoek Valley and its beautiful fynbosRestrictions on children - Children above the age of six permitted
Bartholomeus Klip Farmhouse 5 rooms from £504Western Cape
Bartholomeus Klip Farmhouse is a spectacular property in the Elandskloof Nature Reserve. With elegant and spacious accommodation-guests can either book themselves a double room, a suite or take out the entire self-catering Olive House! Lounge by the pool and indulge yourself at dinner. Truly specialBack to Nature - This plush Victorian guesthouse sits on 6000 acres of private nature reserve populated with a wide variety of animalsRomantic Break - Take a pampering and indulgent break- with attentive staff, excellent food, stunning suites and breathtaking viewsActive Holiday - Apart from game drives guests can enjoy hiking, cycling rowing, kayaking, fishing or wind-surfingBirdwatching - The area surrounding Bartholomeus Klip Farmhouse is home to a wide variety of bird speciesRecommended by - I Escape
Cape Grace Hotel 120 rooms from £744Cape Town
A beautiful hotel in the centre of Cape Town’s vibrant V&A Waterfront. Excellent service, sumptuous classic interiors, a great restaurant, trendy bar and its own spa. There are magnificent views of Table Mountain and the marina which can be enjoyed from the privacy of your own balcony.Romantic Break - Enjoy a couple's massage followed by drinks and dinner on your penthouse patio with Jacuzzi to boot!City Style - A perfect blend of African and European influnces, old and new, in a prime location.Spa - A great variety of treatments available in the in-house spaViews - Panoramic views of Table Mountain and the marinaRecommended by - Tablet, Fodors, Frommers, Kiwi Collection
La Residence, Franschhoek 16 rooms from £782Franschhoek (Western Cape)
A visual feast, everywhere you look the eye falls on some exotic antique or painting. Each unique suite is decorated in the colours and fabrics of a maharajah's palace, a miniature Versailles or a Moroccan harem. Utter indulgence continues right through to the dining and the award winning spa.Restrictions on children - Children above the age of 12 are permitted.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith