Search the best hotels in El Hierro
About El Hierro
El Hierro is the smallest of the Canary Islands, a tiny, volcanic, cliff-lined dot in the middle of the Atlantic. If you’re looking for remote this is the place to come, it’s definitely got a sense of being the edge of the world, which is just what it’s best known for - this is where Columbus sailed from in 1492. The best places to stay on El Hierro are those which make the most of the dramatic remoteness of the setting. And of the strange volcanic shapes and black sand, but also of the lush meadows and juniper groves. Many of the best places to stay on El Hierro are eco hotels, as the whole island is a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve and they take their conservation and energy efficiency very seriously.
- The Hotel Balneario Pozo de la Salud is right on the cliffs overlooking the ocean, with 22 spacious rooms and a great pool and spa. This is the perfect hotel for you if you’re looking for the sense of being at the end of the world…
- Or there’s the Parador de El Hierro, which also has an edge of the world feel, but this time on the other side of the island. You still get the amazing Atlantic views, but the water in front of you is a bit calmer, and you’re on the beach, not the cliffs. There are 45 rooms.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay on El Hierro for you?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay on El Hierro,
- expand your search to include all the best places to stay on the Canary Islands,
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in El Hierro
Best Hotels in El Hierro
Hotel Balneario Pozo de la Salud Frontera, El Hierro 22 rooms from £65Hideaway - With an end-of-the-world feel, it's perfect for a hideaway holiday on a cliff edge!Local exploring - The ideal base for exploring the remote and untrodden island of El Hierro.Great walks - Make the most of the stunning walks along the surrounding cliff coastline.Birdwatching - Great for observing El Hierro's cliff bird population.
With the raw energy of the ocean crashing into the nearby cliffs, it's an atmospheric spot for a modern hotel on El Hierro. The rooms are pleasant and spacious, affording great sea views. Relax in the spa or recline by one of the pools. Perfect for people looking for that edge of the world feel. See More
Parador de El Hierro Villa de Valverde, El Hierro 45 rooms from £90Hideaway - Set directly on a beach at the foot of cliffs, is this perfect hideaway spot, on an island once considered the end of the world.Total relaxation - Unwind on this tiny, tropical island of El Hierro, with sauna, hot tubs and massages available.Diving - Diving can be arranged by the hotel and is a great way to explore the island from another perspective!Great walks - Guests will love exploring the rugged coastline, or wandering towards the mountains.