Search the best hotels in Marbella
One of the best-known resort towns on the Costa del Sol, Marbella is famed for glitz, glamour and a glittering party scene. But with a beautiful natural Mediterranean harbour and an historic Old Town framed by the Sierra Blanca mountains there’s far more to this sun-drenched spot than many expect. Accommodation options here are wide-ranging, with traditional guesthouses and chic resorts to suit a whole range of budgets. Our pick of the best places to stay in Marbella includes boutique spots in restored heritage buildings, boho chic cottages and luxurious family friendly resorts – all excellent for soaking up some Spanish sunshine.
Marbella has long been a favourite of the rich and famous, promising lively nightlife, chic restaurants and top-notch shopping. Party-goers should head to the buzzing bars and clubs of Puerto Banus, whilst the smart, sparkling marina and fashionable boutiques are also well worth exploring. Home to some of Spain’s best golf courses, sailing and water sports spots, there’s no shortage of sport for active holidaymakers to get stuck into.
For an immersion into laid-back local life, discover the romantic Old Town. Once a whitewashed fishing village, Marbella’s Old Town is a fascinating blend of Andalusian and Moorish cultures. Stroll the narrow streets to admire colourful floral displays, charming historic edifices — some of which are now lovely hotels — and buzzing eateries spilling out onto the cobbles.
Unwind on excellent beaches or drive a short distance to admire the old 'white village' of Mijas, the markets of Benahavis or the famed Rock of Gibraltar. Whether you’re eager to retreat to a beachfront oasis or to base yourself right in the heart of the Old Town, the best places to stay in Marbella offer something special for everyone. This is a hugely popular destination, so do book your stay well in advance!
The Best Places to Stay in Marbella
- Hotel Puente Romano boasts 34 beautiful modernist rooms, suites and villas with private balconies, ocean-facing jacuzzis and a range of activities covering everything from Spanish fencing to racetrack driving, fish market tours to yoga on the beach. This is gorgeous Andalusian luxury at its coolest.
For a central stay
- The Town House offers cosy, well-appointed B&B rooms with soothing tones and antique touches. Pick this spot for a super central location, close to the Plaza de los Naranjos and the Old Town.
- La Villa Marbella is a charming boutique hotel scattered across seven historic buildings in the city's Old Town. Lovely rooms are inspired by Asian cities, and there’s a gorgeous roof terrace with panoramic views over tiled rooftops towards the Sierra Blanca mountains. A superb location for Old Town explorations, within easy reach of buzzing beach clubs.
- Hotel Claude offers seven beautifully appointed rooms in a restored seventeenth-century building. Think chic decor under enchanting archways, a sunlit interior patio and a striking terrace with gorgeous rooftop views, perfect for romantic evenings with wine and gourmet tapas.
- Casa la Concha is a set of bright, boho chic B&B cottages set on a hilltop with lovely views of the Mediterranean. Choose this spot for a laid-back couples hideaway vibe, quirky decor and plenty of low-key privacy.
- The Marbella Club is the stuff of dreams. With luxuriously-appointed rooms, a golf course, a tranquil spa, tennis courts and horse riding, as well as a private beach, this is a resort in the ultimate sense of the word. The hugely popular kids club offers everything from pottery to football, cooking to gardening, so there’s something to keep the whole family busy all day long.
Prefer an Apartment or Villa?
- If you’d prefer to stay in an apartment or private villa we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- For those not lucky enough to be arriving by boat, Marbella is best accessed from Málaga Airport or Gibraltar Airport. Most hotels will be happy to arrange an airport pick up, and a regular bus service to Marbella is also available. The journey should take under an hour. Marbella does not, unfortunately, have its own railway station.
- Contact our partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- A hugely popular summer destination, Marbella is also striking — and much quieter — during its mild winters. It’s well worth visiting out of season to avoid the crowds! If you do choose to visit during the busiest periods, in July and August, make sure to book your accommodation well in advance, as hotels fill up fast.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to explore the best places to stay in Málaga,
- Alternatively, check out our pick of the best hotels on the Costa Del Sol or all our Andalucia recommendations.
- Or you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Marbella
Best Hotels in Marbella
La Villa Marbella Marbella 25 rooms from £103Romantic Break - Romantic rooms styled on Asian cities, views, miles of beaches and the restaurants and markets of old town to exploreGroups - The larger suites, some with kitchens and sitting rooms, some with hot tub terraces, are perfect for groups.Great walks - Through the old town of Marbella, to sights such as the Plaza de los NaranjosSights nearby - Cordoba, Gibraltar, Granada, Malaga, Mijas and Tarifa
A chic boutique hotel in the old town. Beautiful rooms and apartments styled on Asian cities have lots of natural light and attractive furnishings. Stunning views from roof terrace. Set in a quiet location and minutes from the sights and beaches. Ideal for a romantic holiday or group of friends. See More
The Town House, Marbella Marbella 9 rooms from £129Value chicTownLess £CharmingRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Casa la Concha Marbella 5 rooms from £161Views - Of the Mediterranean and of Marbella.Groups - The whole house can be rented.Weddings - Tailor made wedding weekends.Private villas - 5 luxury cottages.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Hotel Claude Marbella (Calle Ancha) 7 rooms from £223City Style - Beautiful stucco façade, vaulted archways, and carved wooden doors refreshingly matched with sleek modern design.Local exploring - A discreet Andalusian oasis in a 17th-century mansion at the heart of Marbella's lovely labyrinthine old town.Sights nearby - Visit the enchanting Plaza de los Naranjos, with its lively terrazas, orange trees, and Castilian Renaissance architecture.Great walks - Wander the winding narrow lanes of the old town, pausing for wonderful food under the orange trees.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet, Kiwi Collection
Sophisticated and elegantly restored 17th century townhouse, in Marbellas old town. The seven chic and individual rooms feature Moorish-style arched doorways, peaked timbered ceilings and understated contemporary touches. Sunlit interior patio, gourmet dining and rooftop terrace. Totally unique. See More
Villa Padierna Palace Marbella (Carretera de Cádiz) 130 rooms from £310Spa breaks - The super-luxe Anantara Spa boasts Roman baths, hammam and pool set in landscaped gardens, and personalised targetted programmesPrivate Hot Tub - Book an Executive Suite for your private terrace with hot tubTennis - Play some tennis at one of the hotel's courts.Great walks - Go walking along the nearby coastline.
Hotel Puente Romano Marbella 183 rooms from £347Spa breaks - The Six Senses Spa offers a range of treatments, therapies and facilities which aim to refresh body and mindFoodiesBeach LifeLuxuryRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Grand Andalucian luxury set on the sands of Spain’s Costa del Sol. Beautiful sunny rooms and suites have white washed walls, parquet floors, creamy furnishings and private balconies. Many restaurants, tennis courts, Six Senses spa, private beach and kids club. Perfect for beach life. See More
Ikos Andalusia Marbella 393 rooms from £364Families - Couldn't be more family-friendly with a Kids Club, endless on-site actvities, interconnecting rooms, and children's menus5* Luxury - Luxury defined from the nothing-is-too-much service to the restaurants with menus created by Michelin starred chefsBeach Life - Enjoy the hotel's Beach Club on its own picturseque stretch of white sand beachRestaurant - Expect fine dining with Michelin-starred chefs creating seven innovative restaurants from European to Asian
All-inclusive luxury resort, designed to spoil, set on the coast near Marbella. Contemporary rooms are white on white with clean lines and fabulous views from picture windows. Menus are created by Michelin-starred chefs across the seven venues. Plus there's an expansive spa and activities for all. See More
Marbella Club Marbella 81 rooms from £668Spa breaks - Holistic wellbeing is all here! A naturopath, nutritionist & fitness expert give personal advice alongside meditation and morePrivate villas - Especially suitable for families or those seeking absolute privacy. Villa El Cortijo sleeps 8 and boasts a private poolTraditional - A quintessential Marbella resort — established by Prince Alfonso von Hohenlohe in 195Beach Life - Situated right on the shores of the Mediterranean, the Beach Club here is legendary!Recommended by - Tablet, Fodors
A golf, spa and beach resort that offers a unique experience. Elegant in its classic style and luxurious with its outstanding facilities. Located in a natural paradise on the shores of the Mediterranean. An oasis of relaxation for families or those seeking something princely. See More