Search the best hotels in Segovia
Only 50 miles from Madrid, spectacular Segovia is home to one of Spain's greatest Roman monuments — an enormous aqueduct which runs through the centre of the city. Framed by the foothills of the Sierra de Guadarrama Mountains, it’s a stunning destination for outdoorsy explorers as well as history and culture buffs to discover. There’s also a great range of accommodation options in the area, with everything from chic B&Bs to secluded country retreats on our list of the best places to stay in Segovia.
Segovia’s awe-inspiring aqueduct, with more than 160 arches rising above Plaza Azoguejo in the heart of the city, is absolutely unmissable. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, it’s worth taking the time to discover with an expert walking tour guide. Other landmarks include the impressive Cathedral of Segovia, which sits on Plaza Major, the ancient city walls and the 12th-century Alcázar. Now a military museum, the Alcázar reputedly inspired Walt Disney’s illustrations for the castle in ‘Sleeping Beauty’. Stroll the narrow streets of the old town to spot beautiful Romanesque churches, popping into boutiques, galleries and cafés as you wander.
If hiking and cycling are your focus, head to the Sierra de Guadarrama National Park, the fifth-largest in Spain. The mountains are famously home to more than 130 species of birds, and will delight wildlife enthusiasts as well as keen bird watchers. Return to the best places to stay in Segovia for relaxed evenings alongside cracking fires and feasts of regional cuisine.
The Best Places to Stay in Segovia
For Traditional Charm
- Fuente Plateada, close to the Sierra de Guadarrama National Park, has just 11 rustic rooms with stone walls and iron bedsteads. The flower-filled gardens and easygoing restaurant are lovely. Hop aboard complimentary bikes or follow hiking trails through the countryside.
- Posada Mingaseda is a charming countryside inn with striking views over the Sierra de Guadarrama mountains. Kick back in the sauna and hot tub, and feast on regional specialities after days of hiking and cycling. Rooms are cosy and traditional, with exposed beams and floral fabrics.
For Boutique Chic
- Hotel La Farm, just moments from the imposing Royal Site of San Ildefonso, is a chic little boutique B&B with a warm contemporary feel. The hotel's community-conscious ethos creates a wonderful atmosphere, with connections to arts and wellness events at La Farm. Intimate and romantic.
For Rural Luxury
- Caserío de Lobones is a gorgeous luxury hotel in a secluded 17th-century manor house surrounded by gardens and woods. Each of the ten rooms is unqiue, with floral textiles, original paintings and pastel shades. With a swimming pool, great restaurant and stacks of activities for guests of all ages, this is a superb spot.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY VILLA
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly into Madrid Barajas Airport and on to Segovia by train, bus or taxi from there. Trains to Segovia from Madrid are typically an extension of the C-8b suburban rail line and take just over an hour. Alternatively, many hotels will be happy to arrange an airport pick up in advance.
- Castile-León is wonderful for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Expect warm and sunny climate throughout much of the year, with temperatures averaging at around 28°C - 35°C between April and September. Do be aware that the summer is peak holiday season, but slightly cooler spring and autumn temperatures may be more appealing for exploring. You'll also find fewer crowds outside the school holiays in April, May or late September.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Valladolid.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in Castile-León.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Segovia
Best Hotels in Segovia
Fuente Plateada Segovia 11 rooms from £80Great walks - There are lots of different walking routes through the countryside.Restaurant - The restaurant serves buffet lunch and supper.Traditional - A rustic farmhouse near a national park.Birdwatching - Good birding near the hotel.
Hotel La Farm Segovia 16 rooms from £80Local exploring - The Royal Site of San Ildefonso is a short walk, discover the palace and gardens filled with rich history, art and cultureRomantic Break - Intimate, private rooms, fresh flowers everyday and a beautiful sit out terrace are a few touches perfect for couplesTotal relaxation - A variety of body and mind treatments on offer including oxygenation and physiotherapy, as well as fitness workshopsBoutique - Stunning interiors with earth-inspired colours, low lighting and rustic-chic furniture
A harmonious experience is guaranteed at this chic hotel. Explore the beautiful gardens of San Ildefonso, or enjoy a range of wellness treatments. The rooms are spacious and feature traditional Spanish designs with a contemporary touch. Enjoy breakfast on the pretty terrace. A home away from home. See More
Posada Mingaseda Segovia (Navafria) 14 rooms from £95Restaurant - Regional cuisine with meats roasted over a wood fire.Sights nearby - Historic city of Segovia is 30km away.Views - Great views from hotelTraditionalRecommended by - Michelin Travel
A country inn complete with warm colours and rustic charm, wonderful views over the Sierra de Guadarrama mountains, perfect for walking, riding and country pursuits.There is a sauna and hot tub for relaxation and a good restaurant serving regional cuisine in house. Plenty to explore in Segovia. See More
Caserío de Lobones Segovia 10 rooms from £104Secluded setting - This hotel has 5 'Green Stars' meaning it meets very high standards of quality, comfort and exellence in rural tourismSights nearby - The historic town of Segovia is 9km awayFull of characterRemote - Off the beaten track.
Charming 17th century hotel in the heart of the Spanish countryside. All ten, uniquely designed, en suite rooms are fit with original paintings, blush curtains, and antique furnishings. Surrounded by nature, with gardens, patios, private terraces and a pool, this is the perfect place to unwind. See More