Search the best hotels in Antalya
As well as the beauty of the Gulf of Antalya, this city has a wonderfully preserved old centre, Kaleici, which is one of the best places to stay in Antalya. Complete with Ottoman era houses and ancient monuments, Kaleici sits within the old city walls keeping out the noises of the modern city.
The streets are narrow and maze like, linking beautiful minarets, mosques and towers and lined with restaurants. This is where you can find many of the best boutique hotels.
Antalya also has a Roman harbour and one of Turkey's best museums. And, in addition to the lively restaurants, bars and clubs which have sprung up to entertain the summer crowds, Antalya also has a famous opera and ballet season, performed in the Aspendos Amphitheatre - one of the world's best preserved Roman amphitheatres.
Antalya has a reputation for good, reasonably priced food, especially when it comes to seafood. Each year Antalya gets about 300 days of sunshine and the sea temperature ranges between 16 and 27 degrees Celsius.
In 2012 Antalya was the world's third most visited city after Paris and London. While some of those visitors entered via Antalya and went on to explore the Turkish Riviera, some of them came solely for Antalya. Those tended to be independent travellers, as package holidaymakers are usually bussed directly to their resorts up or down the coast. So Antalya is nothing like the resort hub you might imagine.
Antalya has easy access to some of the great ruins, both Lycian and Roman, of the Lycian Coast and there are plenty of charming villages and beach destinations within a short drive. There are also buses from Antalya to the hot springs of Pamukkale and to other centres like Fethiye, Bodrum, Mamaris and Selcuk.
What not to miss:
- Walk around the ruins of Phaselis, once an important trading point in the region.
- Explore Kaleiçi, the old town of Antalya, where you can admire the mixture of Roman and Ottoman architecture.
- Visit the eternal flames of Chimaera.
- Stop by at the Antalya Archaeological Museum.
- Discover the scenic Güllük Dagi National park.
During the peak summer season the best places to stay in Antalya get booked up quickly so be sure to plan your trip early.
Historic Townhouse Hotel
- The Tuvana Hotel is one of the best places to stay in Antalya if you're looking for something traditional. A historic townhouse set in lush gardens with a central courtyard, this hotel has a pool and an excellent restaurant. Some rooms have private balconies, some private hot tubs. With 46 rooms priced from just £67 per night, this is also a great option if you're on a limited budget.
Out of town
- If you don't want to be in the hustle and bustle of the city, head down the coast a little bit and you'll find the Olympos Lodge. A little bit of paradise, this property is set amid 15 acres of lush gardens tumbling down to its own private beach.
For an apartment or villa
- If you're travelling with family or a group of friends it may be a better option to book a villa or apartment. For a wide range of properties for all tastes and budgets we recommend you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Antalya Airport located just 10km from the city with good connections internally and across Europe.
- April, May, September and October are pleasantly warm so are typically the best times to visit Antalya.
- If you plan to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Antalya
Courtyard Hotel Kalkan 6 rooms from £49Kalkan (Antalya)
A gorgeous hotel steeped in history consisting of three traditional cottages renovated to offer guests six beautifully decorated rooms. Enjoy sweeping views of Kalkan and its bays and islets over breakfast or a drink in the rich jasmine-scented garden. Explore Kalkan's restaurants, a short walk awayLocal exploring - The mosaic-adorned courtyard is ideally nestled down a sleepy street in the heart of the historic town of KalkanBeach Life - The beach is just 200m from the property, enjoy Turkey's scintillating Turquoise CoastRomantic Break - Its beautiful surroundings and architecture make Kalkan ideal for a romantic breakDiving - Dive into the crystal clear waters of Kalkan - there are a range of good diving schools in the town
Tuvana Hotel 46 rooms from £70Antalya (Karanlık Sk)
An historic townhouse set in lush gardens. Traditional rooms and suites with boutique flair have private balconies and hot tubs. Excellent restaurant and pool. Walking distance to the main attractions and close to the best beaches. Ideal for a beach holiday, family friendly too.Sights nearby - In the centre of historic Antalya only 450m from Hadrian's GatePrivate Hot TubSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorGreat walks - Good for walkers.Recommended by - I Escape