- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Dalaman
Occupying one of the few plains in this spectacularly mountainous region of Turkey, Dalaman’s busy airport is the gateway to a region of gorgeous beaches, pretty villages, stunning mountain scenery and ancient ruins. Our selection of the best places to stay in Dalaman range from charming mountain retreats to luxurious five star hotels.
Dalaman itself is quite modern and provincial and the stretches of coast closest to the airport are predictably the most built-up, with clusters of resort development around the harbour town of Fethiye and a full-scale, purpose-built resort village next to the spectacular lagoon at Ölüdeniz.
What not to Miss
- Dalaman is within a short drive of two of Turkey's most beautiful beaches, Çal Beach and Ölüdeniz.
- Nearby Fethiye has one of the most beautiful natural harbours on the Turkish Mediterranean coast. Considering its natural assets, Fethiye is relatively small - due to its precarious position as far as earthquakes are concerned. But these dramatic, destructive moments in the town's history only make it a fascinating as well as beautiful place to visit. Fethiye is probably the only town in the world where you'll find sarcophagus in the streets that are beautifully lit up at night. These Lycian relics, like the wonderful tombs cut into the cliffs above the town, give Fethiye a totally unique look and feel.
- The Dalayan Delta also has some incredible rock tombs and it’s a day trip out of Dalaman. As is the sunken city of Simena at Kekova.
- The Dalaman region has become Turkey’s ‘soft-adventure’ playground, offering everything from diving to hang-gliding, riding, canyoning and sailing.
- It is traversed by the magnificent Lycian Way, a 300-mile walking trail. Saklikent Gorge is another great hiking spot close to Dalaman, as is Kayakoy, the ghost village - the ruins of a Greek village abandoned in 1923 when Greece and Turkey had mandatory population swaps.
With so much on offer this is a popular area to visit. To be sure of a bed in one of the best places to stay in Dalaman do be sure to plan early and book ahead.
- The Kamarca House Hotel is a woodland hideaway owned by a chef, located just outside the resort. Inside antiques and contemporary furniture complement each other and whirlpool baths have been fitted as standard, outside there’s a lovely pool and terrace restaurant.
- If you’re looking for something a bit quirky, book the Villa Gokbel, where every bedroom is different. Some have spectacular views over the Dalyan delta and all are full of character.
- The Happy Caretta Hotel is an unpretentious, budget option close enough to the nightlife of Dalaman for those looking for a bit of action, but also far enough away to be peaceful.
For an Apartment or Villa
If you’d prefer to stay in an apartment or private villa we recommend you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Dalaman Airport is about 7kms outside of Dalaman. Taxis or an airport transfer service are the only way to get from the airport into town but there are plenty of options.
- If you want to hire a car - which we highly recommend if you’re staying in Dalaman and you want to see more of the Turquoise Coast - we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- Dalaman’s Mediterranean climate means the winters are mild and the summers warm. Like the rest of the Turquoise Coast, Dalaman gets about 320 sunny days a year and during July and August you can expect 12 or 13 hours of sunshine a day - though temperatures do soar to 35ºC on a fairly regular basis. If that sounds too hot for you then the months on either side are sure to please - between May and October the average temperatures are 19ºC.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include the best places to stay on the Turquoise Coast,
- Or the best places to stay in Fethiye?
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Dalaman
Hideaway Hotel 19 rooms from £40Kaş (Kas)
Small, friendly guesthouse with caring staff, great views and a small pool on the outskirts of bohemian Kas. Beautifully simple rooms with white washed walls decorated with tiles and local artefacts. Traditional cuisine served along with local wines. Ideal for completely unwinding.Hideaway - Enjoy organic meals on the terrace overlooking the rugged mountains and sea, or unwind in the library with a good book.Active Holiday - The hotel can organise a number of outdoor pursuits either by land or sea in the surrounding area.Great walks - There are miles of trails and tracks to wander in this stunning terrain, bring your dog and explore.Sights nearby - Check out the fascinating Lycian and Roman remains that scatter this ancient land.
The Mountain Lodge 8 rooms from £51Dalaman (Yaka-Tlos)
A charming family-run lodge, in from the seaside resorts, but not too far off the beaten track. Set within jasmine and palm filled gardens with a pool overlooking the Xantos Valley. Simple, traditional, rooms with beamed ceilings and white washed walls. Lovely home cooked food. A relaxing stay.Total relaxation - Unwind in style at this homely lodge- bask in the sunfilled gardens, lounge by the pool or sip wine under the canopy of stars.Country Escape - A charming countryside retreat surrounded by lovely jasmine scented gardens and fringed by mountains and the sea.Birdwatching - Twitchers bring your binoculars- Patara National park is a great area for birdwatching.Great walks - Hike to the local waterfalls through lush vegatation and mountainous paths.
Yonca Lodge 14 rooms from £68Fethiye (Yaniklar Koyu)
It's all in the location at this small hotel set in stunning gardens with a private beach. Traditionally styled rooms feature open fireplaces and terraces. Mediterranean and Aegean cuisine is served by a stream. An abundance of activities within easy access. Ideal for family holidays.Eco break - Great attention is paid to eco processes and sustainability- all natural building materials and the restaurant is organic.Total relaxation - Unwind in the lovely organic fruit orchards, overlooking the beach with comforting home cooked meals served al fresco.Diving - Head to one of the local dive centres and explore the crystal clear fish filled waters.Fishing - Fishing is available from the hotel, without charge. Try your hand at catching dinner!
Gardenia Boutique Hotel 11 rooms from £87Kaş (Küçükçakıl Mevkii)
A modern hotel with epic views and unique stylish touches. Light airy rooms with contemporary artworks and large terraces overlooking the bay. Plenty to do in the area be it ruins or waterborne activities. A great choice for a chic seaside escape.Romantic Break - An elegant hotel with seafacing suites, within walking distance of restaurants and the crystal clear waters on the Med.Sights nearby - The ancient city of Antiphellos and its remains are spread all over Kaş, history buffs will love exploring this terrain.Diving - This is one of the best diving areas in Turkey, boasting clear waters and plenty of marine life.Great walks - There are miles of rugged countryside to be explored from this beachside property.
Hotel Begonvil 10 rooms from £79Kaş (Kas)
Beautifully simple pension in Kas offering rooms and apartments. Contemporary meets traditional with exposed stone walls, crisp white linen and subtle splashes of colour. A pretty swimming pool and stunning coastal views. A spa for completely unwinding. Great for inexpensive beach life.Families - A cheap and cheerful family holiday, within walking distance of the beach, with self catering rooms, and a pool.Sailing - Take a boat trip to Kekova, the sunken town from the fourth century.Diving - Some of Turkey's best diving spots are situated on nearby beaches.Sights nearby - Visit Myra, the place of origin of St. Nicholas and his church.
Hotel Fidanka Houses 15 rooms from £90Kalkan
The best of old and new; rustic-chic beach suites above a pretty garden courtyard bursting with greenery. An infinity pool with a fabulous panorama across the water, à la carte restaurant with regular poolside barbecues and lavish organic buffet breakfasts. Ideal for blissful beach holidays.Families - The suites can accommodate three people, plus the hotel boasting lush flower filled gardens and a lovely swimming pool.Beach Life - Situated on miles of white sands and crystal clear waters of the Kalkan Peninsular, with stunning views over the Med.Great walks - Walking tours can be arranged by the hotel, the perfect way to explore this stunning stretch of coast.Diving - There are daily diving trips from Kalkan and Kaş, don't miss out!
Oyster Residences 25 rooms from £116Fethiye (Olu Deniz)
A romantic beach side property set in pretty gardens overlooking the beach. Light airy rooms with mosquito net draped beds and large modern bathrooms. A terraced restaurant specialises in Mediterranean seafood. Lounge by the pool sipping on cocktails. Ideal for a couples escape.Honeymoons - An elegant and grown up hotel featuring a romantic honeymoon suite with seperate entrance and terrace overlooking the beach.Beach Life - Set on the extensive white stretch of sand of Belcekız Beach, bask in the turquoise waters and enjoy sunset walks.Diving - There are diving opportunities in Ölüdeniz and further away near Kaş.Kayaking - Explore the coves in a sea kayak either on a day or a night tour.