Search the best hotels in Dubai
Dubai is home to some of the world's most opulent hotels, but not all the best places to stay in Dubai are out of the price range of regular folk. It may be full of glitz and bling, but scratch beneath the surface (quite hard!) and you can find authentic little properties that are ideally located for exploring the historic sites, and give you a sense of what the place was like before the mega-resorts moved in.
Some of our Dubai Collections:
- 3 Best Hotels in Downtown Dubai
- 5 Best Hotels in Jumeirah Beach
- The Best Hotels in Deria
- 3 Best Hotels in Bur Dubai
Dubai is a glamorous, sunny destination. Perfect if you're craving the beach in October and you don't want to fly long haul from Europe. Even for families. The food is varied and facilities are modern and air conditioned. From the boutique shopping, to the polo and the races, to the ancient souqs, and the man-made coastline. But while it can be hectic, and expensive, it doesn't have to be. Dubai is broken up into several distinct districts (check out our neighbourhood guide for more information), and you haven’t really visited the city unless you’ve explored two or three of them, and seen both the incredible modern miracles built in the desert, the city’s ancient cultural treasures and way of life, and the beach.
Beyond the glitz of the city is the peace of the desert.
Don't forget that this emirate is an ever-popular year round destination, so if you want to guarantee a room in one of the best places to stay in Dubai, you'll need to get organised and book well ahead.
The Best Places to Stay in Dubai
For a 'Once in a Lifetime' Hotel
- Dubai doesn't do things by halves, and there aren't many places this is more obvious than at Atlantis the Palm. On the ocean edge of the man-made Palm Jumeirah, this deep sea themed hotel is… Wow. It's not just a resort - there's a huge water park, an aquarium, a huge spa and shopping. There's a private beach, tennis courts, you can learn to scuba dive, or swim with dolphins. And there's a crazy array of restaurant options.
- If you want all the glitz and glamour Dubai can muster you need The Address Downtown Dubai, a luxurious skyscraper with seven swimming pools, an immaculate spa, award winning restaurants, private everything and wonderful views of the Burj Khalifa.
- Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah is a proper sultanate palace with all the flash. Rooms and suites are opulently filled with antique loveliness, there's a vast spa, sea views and private this, that and the other. This is a grand affair, with a pool complex so big that you can use their Venetian style gondolas to get around it. And a choice of 44 restaurants and bars.
For a city break
- The Armani Hotel is by 'that' Armani, so offers a flavour of Milano in the Burj Khalifa. Sumptuous, but muted, compared to many of the hotels around it, the Armani has clean modern lines and neutral shades, so it's popular with business travellers.
- The Palace Downtown Dubai is a classic hotel which bridges the gap between the modern glass giants and a sultanate palace. It's one of the best places to stay in Dubai if you're looking for comfort and elegance - there's a relaxed, almost colonial air, and not too much flash.
- Al Manzil is a very comfortable, 197 room hotel just five minutes walk from Burj Khalifa. The chic, contemporary rooms and suites are designed with business travellers in mind, and there’s a temperature controlled pool, a range of restaurants, and spa facilities.
For a traditional stay
- If you're looking for a smaller hotel, one of the best places to stay in Dubai is the Orient Guest House, which has 12 rooms in the Bastakiya Heritage Area near Dubai Creek. Traditional and romantic, this is a quiet spot within walking distance from many of Dubai's main attractions.
- The Ahmedia Heritage Guest House is a small, romantic, 15 room hotel with antique four-poster beds, and gorgeous fabrics, plus a lovely courtyard, and its own art gallery. The decor is traditional and you're right near the souks.
For a Desert Escape
- Desert Palm is a quite secret, 38 room desert hideaway, with facilities which could cater for more than double the number of guests. The city is your backdrop, but your immediate view is of the stunning green of the polo fields. For total privacy book your own villa, complete with your own pool.
- The Meydan Hotel is a 284 room hotel overlooking Dubai’s racecourse. it’s big, with big rooms and suites, all of them lavishly kitted out with private balconies and huge windows. There’s a huge range of restaurants and bars onsite, and an excellent range of facilities, including a tennis academy and a golf course, plus an infinity pool over the racecourse, and a separate children’s pool.
- The Jumeirah Beach Hotel is one of those beautiful glass and steel structures rising out of the desert which you see in all the photos of Dubai. It might not look family friendly, but it has its own beach, a number of pools, an excellent spa, a collection of restaurants, kids clubs, you're right by the marina, AND you have free access to the Wild Wadi Water Park.
- The Four Seasons Resort Dubai at Jumeirah Beach is a huge, family-friendly resort hotel with a private beach and a fantastic array of facilities, including tennis courts, a golf course, a range of watersports, and a superb spa. The rooms are what other hotels would call suites, and the suites are more like apartments, and all up there are 237 to choose from, arranged in a five storey Moorish horseshoe with lots of marble and palm trees. There are three restaurants and a trio of bars, and you’re only 15 minutes from the centre of Dubai.
For great value
- The Barjeel Heritage Guest house is a beautiful Persian style guesthouse with nine comfortable, romantic rooms decorated with traditional antiques. There's a lovely waterfront restaurant which serves traditional cuisine.
- The XVA Hotel is a fabulous alternative to Dubai's grandiose palatial hotels - an arty, Arabian style property decorated with art, antiques and understated furnishings. You'll find it in the oldest part of Dubai Creek, near the Dubai Museum.
Prefer an apartment?
- If you’d prefer to stay in an apartment or private villa we recommend you visit our online partner, booking.com.
- Dubai International Airport is only three and a half kilometres from the city centre, which takes between five and twenty five minutes by taxi, depending on the traffic, or you can catch the driverless Metro, which comes every ten minutes and takes about twenty to get into the city.
- If you’re thinking about hiring a car we recommend checking what our online partners, Rentalcars have to offer.
- Dubai is a city destination with year round appeal, but unlike many other cities, this is not somewhere to come in the summer unless you really like the heat. Temperatures throughout summer will be in the low to mid-30s, with the possibility of going beyond 40°C. Many places you go will have air-conditioning, and hotels have pools, but this heat is certainly not for everyone. Winter, between December and February, sees temperatures in the mid-teens to mid-20s, and some rain, but this is a desert, so there’s still not really a lot of rain. Spring and autumn offer a sliding scale between the hottest and coolest parts of the year, so it’s actually possibly to pick out your ideal temperature and plan to visit Dubai when those sorts temperatures can be expected.
Still not sure which to book?
- You could refine your search to one particular area and focus on the best places to stay in Jumeirah Beach, for example or the best places to stay in Bur Dubai.
- Or you could do the opposite and expand your search to include all the best places to stay in the United Arab Emirates?
- Alternatively, you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
Monthly Weather in Dubai
Best Hotels in Dubai
Barjeel Heritage Guest house Dubai (Heritage Village) 9 rooms from £61Value chicSights nearby - Situated in the heart of Old Dubai, very close to the old SoukTraditional - A real taste of authentic DubaiViews - Lovely views over Dubai Creek
Hatta Fort Hotel Dubai 52 rooms from £86Families - Great for families, as the fresh air and lush greenery makes for a serene nature sanctuary for kidsActive Holiday - Many activities offered at the hotel and also many mountain focused activities can be arrangedFoodies - Feast in one (or both) of the two world-class restaurantsEco break - The area is being touted as an eco-tourism destination
Luxury hotel set against the dramatic backdrop of the Hajar Mountains. Great for families and couples alike, with a kids' as well as adults-only pool. World class cuisine served at the two restaurants and a bar and an indulgent spa to unwind after a busy day exploring the mountains by bike or foot. See More
XVA Hotel Near Al Faheidi Roundabout,Near Dubai Museum 12 rooms from £130Value chicSights nearby - Situated in the oldest part of Dubai CreekLocal markets - Good for local colour.Traditional
Bab al Shams Desert Resort & Spa Dubai 113 rooms from £134Spa breaksLuxuryRomantic BreakSwimming Pool - Infinity pool overlooking the desert and Outdoor PoolsRecommended by - CN Traveller, Kiwi Collection
Movenpick Jumeirah Beach Dubai (PO Box 282825) 294 rooms from £152Local markets - Find a bargain in one of the souksSwimming Pool - Large outdoor poolSpaSights nearby - Well located for major sights.
High rise property a stone's throw from Jumeirah Beach. Contemporary rooms and suites offer a good range of accommodation for business or leisure. Large pool with great city views and wide range of dining options. Excellent service & welcoming staff. A quality establishment that won't break the bank See More
Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah Dubai 292 rooms from £160Restaurant - 44 restaurants and bars.Spa breaksLuxuryViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Tablet, CN Traveller
Orient Guest House Dubai (Al Fahidi Street) 12 rooms from £160Sights nearby - Located in the Bastakiya heritage area. Walking distance from the Dubai Museum, Dubai creek & Meena BazaarSpa - Access to a nearby spa with swimming poolRomantic - Good for couples.Sailing - Can be booked nearby.
Al Manzil Dubai (The Old Town) 197 rooms from £161Business meetingsSights nearby - 5 minutes walk from Burj KhalifaSwimming Pool - Temperature controlled poolSailing - Can be booked nearby.
The Address Montgomerie Dubai 21 rooms from £162Golf - The hotel has it's own golf course - designed by Colin MontgomerieActive Holiday - The championship golf course attracts avid golfers.LuxurySwimming Pool - With great views over the 18th green!Recommended by - Tablet
Desert Palm Dubai (UAE) 38 rooms from £170Swimming Pool - Outdoor PoolSpaBirdwatching - Good birding near the hotel.Cooking classes - Check for timings.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Kiwi Collection, Small Luxury Hotels
Jumeirah Beach Hotel Dubai 617 rooms from £210Child friendly - Kids club on site including one for teenagers. Plus unlimited access to Wild Wadi Waterpark.FamiliesSwimming Pool - Five different pool including one children's pool.Views - Superb views of the Arabian GulfRecommended by - Kiwi Collection
Armani Hotel Downtown Dubai 160 rooms from £227LuxuryCity StyleFoodiesSights nearby - The hotel is situated in the Burj Khalifa!Recommended by - Tablet
The Palace Downtown Dubai Dubai 242 rooms from £250Designer Shopping - 5-minute walk from the Dubai Mall and the Souk Al BaharLuxuryRomantic BreakCity StyleRecommended by - Tablet
The Meydan Hotel Dubai (Nad Al Sheba) 284 rooms from £250Spa - Wide range of relaxing treatmentsSwimming Pool - Rooftop infinity pool
Ahmedia Heritage Guest House Dubai 15 rooms from £215City StyleFour poster beds - Beautiful rooms with antique four poster beds.Sights nearby - Grand Mosque, Dubai Heritage VIllage.Local markets - Spice Souk, Gold Souk.
The Address Downtown Dubai Dubai (Downtown) 196 rooms from £256Views - Great views over Burj Khalifa, the Dubai Fountain and the Old TownSpa breaks - Immaculate spa and seven pools.Foodies - Award-winning restaurants.LuxuryRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet
Jumeirah Zabeel Saray Dubai 405 rooms from £298City Style5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Romantic BreakBeach LifeRecommended by - Tablet
Atlantis the Palm Dubai (The Palm) 999 rooms from £325Other Activities - Waterpark, Aquarium and swimming with the hotel dolphin.Child friendly - Dedicated kids clubs for all ages.On the beach - Private 800m beachBeach LifeRecommended by - Kiwi Collection
One & Only the Palm Dubai (Palm Jumeirah) 69 rooms from £386Foodies - 3 Michelin Star chef.Spa breaksLuxuryBeach LifeRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, CN Traveller
Four Seasons Resort Dubai at Jumeirah Beach Dubai (Jumeirah 2) 237 rooms from £390Opulent - Understated, but no less opulentBeach Life - Private day villas/cabanasTotal relaxationSights nearby - 15mins from the world's tallest building, the Burg Khalifa
Luxurious, family-friendly resort hotel with private beach, watersports, tennis, golf and a superb spa. Rooms are super-sized, contemporary classic in style and all have balconies with city skyline or sea views. With faultless service, the Four Seasons is perfect for family fun or chilling out. See More
Al Maha Resort Dubai (Sharjah) 42 rooms from £470Tented Camp - Luxury tented suites.Spa breaksHoneymoonsRomantic BreakRecommended by - CN Traveller