Search the best hotels in Bude
Bude may not be the prettiest of seaside towns, but the coastline is stunning and it's close to a number of England's, arguably, best beaches. As you'd expect there's a wide range of accommodation here and some of the best places to stay in Bude are also great value. Plus Bude is known for being more friendly and relaxed than other local favourites, Padstow and Newquay.
Bude's closest beach, Summerleaze, stretches a long way at low tide and has a fantastic 1930s seawater lido. There are a number of other choices, from busy surfing beaches like Widemouth Bay and Crooklets, to small empty coves which you'll find around Sandy Mouth and Duckpool beaches. Behind Summerleaze you'll also find the charming folly, Bude Castle, built by a local inventor.
Bude is the only part of Cornwall with sandstone cliffs and they are worth taking a stroll along because these are the highest cliffs in Cornwall!
What not to miss:
- Spend summer days darting between the sea and lido at Summerleaze beach.
- Try your hand at surfing in the local coves.
- Take long blustery walks along the sandstone cliffs.
- Explore the impressive Bude Castle.
As with all of Cornwall's holiday hotspots, the best places to stay in Bude get booked up way in advance during the summer months. So either get organised, or plan to visit during quieter periods, when you get that huge beach to yourself!
The Best places to stay in Bude
For boutique chic
Though technically a B&B, the wonderful Victorian conversion, The Beach at Bude, makes it onto the list of Cornwall's best boutique hotels because while it doesn't have a restaurant, it does have a huge sun terrace, a library, a business centre and a laundry. Bude has plenty of excellent restaurants, so all the boutique standards are to hand. Each of The Beach at Bude's fifteen charming rooms has unique, yet always impressive, standards and five have private seaside terraces.
For an apartment or cottage
- If you're travelling with family or a group of friends it may be a better option to book a villa or apartment. For a wide range of properties for all tastes and budgets we recommend you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to either Newquay Cornwall Airport (33 miles from Bude) or Exeter International airport (67 miles from Bude). The nearest train station is Barnstaple, around an hour's drive from Bude.
- Bude is a year round destination with each season offering its own charm. However, for the best chance of sunshine travel in the summer months (June - August).
- If you plan to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Bude.
- Widen your search by checking out all our Cornwall recommendations.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Bude
Best Hotels in Bude
Hebasca Bude (North Cornwall) 23 rooms from £79Fishing - Sea fishing trips can be organised at Bude harbour.Sailing - The coast around Bude is a great place for sailing.Surfing - The nearby coastline is a haven for surfers.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
Bangors Organic B&B Bude (North Cornwall) 2 rooms from £115Surfing - Cornwall is home to some of the finest surfing spots in the UK.Great walks - There are a network of nearby coastal walking trails.Sailing - The Cornish coast is a great place for sailing.Sights nearby - Visit nearby Tintagel Castle.
Having won awards and countless fans, Bangors Organic B&B is a charming family-run establishment. Sustainable living is the name of the game here. With a superb organic restaurant, delightful rooms and within a short drive of the Cornish coast and stunning walking trails. See More
The Beach at Bude Bude (North Cornwall) 16 rooms from £125Surfing - Surfing on the beach with plenty of room to store surfboardsRestaurant - The Beach Restaurant is headed up by highly acclaimed chef Jamie Colman who trained with Gordon Ramsay and Michael Caines.Views - Overlooks a beach on the Heritage Coast.Restrictions on children - No children under 12Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
Trevigue Bude (North Cornwall) 4 rooms from £130Country Escape - Expect roaring fires, boardgames, fabulous walking country and homemade food.Great walks - Hop on the scenic South West footpath and walk for miles.Fishing - Try your hand fly fishing at the Tavistok trout fishery.Restrictions on children - Children older than 7 are welcomed
An idyllic farmhouse packed full of history and charm, overlooking the coast in a glorious part of rural Cornwall. Chic, renovated rooms perfectly mix traditional and contemporary styles with neutral tones, exposed beams and wooden floors. A delightful respite after a day exploring the region. See More