Search the best hotels in County Antrim
About County Antrim
One of the most beautiful, untamed and enduring regions of Northern Ireland, County Antrim is not only the home of Belfast - the vibrant, cultural heartland of the country - and the Giant's Causeway but is one of the predominant filming locations in Game of Thrones. A landscape of glacier-shaped glens and waterfalls, sandy beaches, a rugged coastline and long stretches of untamed grassland, it is ideally suited to hikers, history-lovers, and obviously, Game of Thrones fanatics. With enchanting flowered valleys, hilltops crested with medieval castles and beaches overrun by raging Atlantic rollers, County Antrim boasts the very best of Irish life. If you're after an authentic Irish experience, look no further than our collection of the best places to stay in County Antrim.
What not to miss
- Check out some of the Game of Thrones filming locations! From Ballintoy Harbour - the location of Pyke of the Iron Islands - to the Caves of Cushendun, where Melisandre gave birth to a shadow-child.
- Head to Lough Neagh - the largest lake in the British Isles.
- Hike through the 9 Glens, amidst sandy beaches, cliffs, glacial valleys littered with ancient sites and waterfalls.
- Go scuba diving off the coast of Rathlin Island.
- Visit Ballintoy, an authentic and small village with some independent shops, restaurants and beautiful churches.
- Explore the stark ruin of the 16th century Dunluce Castle, and marvel at the archaeological site of the medieval town surrounding it.
- Walk on the Giant's Causeway, a UNESCO-protected natural wonder, made of 40,000 basalt columns from volcanic activity millions of years ago. It was said to have been built by a giant, Fionn mac Cumhaill.
With its untamed natural beauty, mysterious wonders, medieval castles and scuba diving, this is the perfect place to go for an adventurous family holiday. Find out more by checking out our list of the best places to stay in County Antrim!
The best places to stay in County Antrim
- Ballylagan Organic Farm: a delightful authentic Irish farmhouse offering stylish and spacious rooms and a self-catering cottage. Hire a bike, dine at the organic restaurant and explore the farmland. Perfect for families with young kids!
- Ardtara Country House: a charming country house in the heart of the county, set on sprawling and beautiful grounds, offering rooms that effortlessly blend chic contemporary styles with the house's original interiors, and a delightful restaurant. Perfect for couples on a break!
- Bushmills Inn: if you're after some famous Irish hospitality, then look no further. Offering sumptuous food from their award-winning restaurant, chic rooms with four poster beds and a Wild West-themed bar, it is effortlessly cool.
For an apartment or cottage
- Our partner Booking.com has cottages and apartments in the nearby area.
- Fly to Belfast International Airport.
- If you want to rent a car we recommend contacting our partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to go is during the summer when the temperature ranges between 8 and 19 degrees.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include the best places to stay in Northern Ireland
- or the United Kingdom
- or contact one of our Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in County Antrim
Best Hotels in County Antrim
Ballylagan Organic Farm Ballyclare, County Antrim 4 rooms from £95Country Escape - Set on a lovely farm in County Antrim, this place is definitely for people who are looking for fresh air and open space.Sights nearby - Take a day trip into Belfast and explore sights such as the Titanic Museum, the Falls Road and the Ulster Museum.Great walks - The surrounding countryside is full of lovely walking routes.Full of character
Shola Coach House Portrush 4 rooms from £110Country Escape - A little rural hideaway offering easy access to beautiful coastal walksSights nearby - Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site at the Giant’s CausewayGreat walks - Take long walks along the scenic coastal pathsMinimum Stay - 2 night min stay
A charming country house in a secluded spot just outside Portrush. Beautifully renovated rooms are decorated with a choice selection of antiques and boast luxury bathrooms (the best has a freestanding bath). Expect friendly hosts and indulgent breakfasts. A homely adults-only stay. See More
Ardtara Country House Upperlands, County Antrim 9 rooms from £119Country Escape - A beautiful country house tucked away amidst wodland and surrounded by some serious natural beauty.Fishing - Ardtara is close to a variety of good rivers and lakes and the Irish sea is only 45 minute drive away.Sights nearby - Make a trip to the nearby Dunlace Castle.Secluded setting - For escaping.
An imposing country house set in picturesque grounds. Beautifully designed throughout mixing contemporary styles seamlessly alongside the houses original features. Chef-patron Ian Orr has created an inspired restaurant. The staff are delightful and surrounding countryside sublime. See More
Pier 39 Portrush 4 rooms from £120Local exploring - Set by the coast in Portrush on the Causeway Coastal route, there's beaches, historic sights, golf, and walking to enjoySights nearby - Visit the Giant’s Causeway, Dunluce Castle, or Carrick-a-Rede Rope BridgeFull of characterGreat walks - Good for walkers.
A charming small B&B in a spectacular location overlooking the sea in Portrush. Light and airy rooms have a distinctly nautical look and the best open onto private terraces. Indulgent breakfasts are served and, just steps away, are an exciting array of restaurants. Ideal for a coastal break. See More
Bushmills Inn Bushmills 41 rooms from £190Local exploring - Packed with things to see from the stunning Giant’s Causeway to tours of the world's oldest distillery.Foodies - Enjoy the locally sourced award-winning cuisine on offer, in a charmingly old school setting.Sights nearby - Close to attractions such as Old Bushmills Distillery, The Giant’s Causeway, Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge and Dunluce Castle.Lively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - Sawdays
Renowned inn offering genuine Irish hospitality and scrumptious food in its award-winning restaurant. Classic-chic bedrooms in neutral tones with four poster beds. A warren of little snugs and Wild West-esque gas bar create a cosy ambiance. A great choice for groups and families. See More