Search the best hotels in County Antrim
About County Antrim
One of the most beautiful, untamed and enduring regions of Northern Ireland, County Antrim is not only the home of Belfast - the vibrant, cultural heartland of the country - and the Giant's Causeway but is one of the predominant filming locations in Game of Thrones. A landscape of glacier-shaped glens and waterfalls, sandy beaches, a rugged coastline and long stretches of untamed grassland, it is ideally suited to hikers, history-lovers, and obviously, Game of Thrones fanatics. With enchanting flowered valleys, hilltops crested with medieval castles and beaches overrun by raging Atlantic rollers, County Antrim boasts the very best of Irish life. If you're after an authentic Irish experience, look no further than our collection of the best places to stay in County Antrim.
What not to miss
- Check out some of the Game of Thrones filming locations! From Ballintoy Harbour - the location of Pyke of the Iron Islands - to the Caves of Cushendun, where Melisandre gave birth to a shadow-child.
- Head to Lough Neagh - the largest lake in the British Isles.
- Hike through the 9 Glens, amidst sandy beaches, cliffs, glacial valleys littered with ancient sites and waterfalls.
- Go scuba diving off the coast of Rathlin Island.
- Visit Ballintoy, an authentic and small village with some independent shops, restaurants and beautiful churches.
- Explore the stark ruin of the 16th century Dunluce Castle, and marvel at the archaeological site of the medieval town surrounding it.
- Walk on the Giant's Causeway, a UNESCO-protected natural wonder, made of 40,000 basalt columns from volcanic activity millions of years ago. It was said to have been built by a giant, Fionn mac Cumhaill.
With its untamed natural beauty, mysterious wonders, medieval castles and scuba diving, this is the perfect place to go for an adventurous family holiday. Find out more by checking out our list of the best places to stay in County Antrim!
The best places to stay in County Antrim
- Ballylagan Organic Farm: a delightful authentic Irish farmhouse offering stylish and spacious rooms and a self-catering cottage. Hire a bike, dine at the organic restaurant and explore the farmland. Perfect for families with young kids!
- Ardtara Country House: a charming country house in the heart of the county, set on sprawling and beautiful grounds, offering rooms that effortlessly blend chic contemporary styles with the house's original interiors, and a delightful restaurant. Perfect for couples on a break!
- Bushmills Inn: if you're after some famous Irish hospitality, then look no further. Offering sumptuous food from their award-winning restaurant, chic rooms with four poster beds and a Wild West-themed bar, it is effortlessly cool.
For an apartment or cottage
- Our partner Booking.com has cottages and apartments in the nearby area.
- Fly to Belfast International Airport.
- If you want to rent a car we recommend contacting our partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to go is during the summer when the temperature ranges between 8 and 19 degrees.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include the best places to stay in Northern Ireland
- or the United Kingdom
- or contact one of our Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in County Antrim
Best Hotels in County Antrim
Ballylagan Organic Farm Ballyclare, County Antrim 4 rooms from £95Country Escape - Set on a lovely farm in County Antrim, this place is definitely for people who are looking for fresh air and open space.Sights nearby - Take a day trip into Belfast and explore sights such as the Titanic Museum, the Falls Road and the Ulster Museum.Great walks - The surrounding countryside is full of lovely walking routes.Full of character
Ballygally Castle Ballygally, County Antrim 54 rooms from £100Local exploring - Whether you want to visit the set of Game of Thrones, view (other) ancient castles, or go on hikes — there's plenty to do hereFamilies - With family rooms, kids' menus, good pricing for children, and plenty of space — this is an easy choice for a family breakSights nearby - Visit nearby sights such as Dunluce Castle, Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge and Bushmills (the world’s oldest distillery)Great walks - The lovely Antrim Coast Road starts from near the property
An ancient castle with contemporary interiors located on the coast 40-mins from Belfast. Rooms vary in size but each has had a complete overhaul leaving a simple, modern and fresh feel. The restaurant serves hearty local dishes and there's a pretty walled garden outside. Well priced and laidback. See More
Fullerton Arms BALLYCASTLE, County Antrim 13 rooms from £100Families - Spacious family rooms sleep 4 or 6 and the vibe of the hotel is very laidback, making this a good choice for familiesCountry Escape - With hearty cuisine, cosy rooms, and a spectacular rural setting on the coast — this is a perfect country escapeOutstanding location - Overlooking a stunning harbour and rugged coastline that was the setting for Iron Islands in Game of ThronesGreat walks - There is endless choice for scenic walks whether you want an amble or a full day hike
A traditional pub, turned boutique hotel, in a picture-perfect setting in the coastal village of Ballintoy. Rooms have a contemporary feel with dark green hues & simple pale wood furniture; the best have sea views. Traditional Irish cuisine in the pub is worthy of a visit alone. Rural perfection. See More
Ardtara Country House Upperlands, County Antrim 9 rooms from £119Country Escape - A beautiful country house tucked away amidst wodland and surrounded by some serious natural beauty.Fishing - Ardtara is close to a variety of good rivers and lakes and the Irish sea is only 45 minute drive away.Sights nearby - Make a trip to the nearby Dunlace Castle.Romantic - Good for couples.
An imposing country house set in picturesque grounds. Beautifully designed throughout mixing contemporary styles seamlessly alongside the houses original features. Chef-patron Ian Orr has created an inspired restaurant. The staff are delightful and surrounding countryside sublime. See More
Pier 39 Portrush 4 rooms from £120Local exploring - Set by the coast in Portrush on the Causeway Coastal route, there's beaches, historic sights, golf, and walking to enjoySights nearby - Visit the Giant’s Causeway, Dunluce Castle, or Carrick-a-Rede Rope BridgeAdult OnlyFull of character
A charming small B&B in a spectacular location overlooking the sea in Portrush. Light and airy rooms have a distinctly nautical look and the best open onto private terraces. Indulgent breakfasts are served and, just steps away, are an exciting array of restaurants. Ideal for a coastal break. See More
Bushmills Inn Bushmills 41 rooms from £190Local exploring - Packed with things to see from the stunning Giant’s Causeway to tours of the world's oldest distillery.Foodies - Enjoy the locally sourced award-winning cuisine on offer, in a charmingly old school setting.Sights nearby - Close to attractions such as Old Bushmills Distillery, The Giant’s Causeway, Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge and Dunluce Castle.Restaurant - Award-winning restaurant. Each dish is crafted from traditional roots, but with a Bushmills twist.Recommended by - Sawdays
Renowned inn offering genuine Irish hospitality and scrumptious food in its award-winning restaurant. Classic-chic bedrooms in neutral tones with four poster beds. A warren of little snugs and Wild West-esque gas bar create a cosy ambiance. A great choice for groups and families. See More
Galgorm Spa & Golf Resort Co. Antrim, County Antrim 122 rooms from £220Spa breaks - The spa is the real lure with five outdoor hot tubs, two saunas, and a River House for lounging half on land and half over waterRomantic Break - With romantic suites, private hot tubs, a spa, and fine dining — this is the perfect place for a romantic breakGolf - Galgorm boasts a Championship Parkland course and a 6-hole Pitch & Putt as well as a Golf AcademyGroups - Riverside Cabins, Cottage Suites, Shepherds Huts and Residence are ideal for groups or families
A luxury riverside hotel & spa set in 163 acres of mature woodlands. A wide range of accommodation includes rooms, suites, & lodges which feel traditional yet luxurious. With an award-winning restaurant & a stand out spa that boasts outdoor hot tubs & a snow cabin, this promises a rejuvenating stay. See More