Search the best hotels in Rock
Perched opposite Padstow on the Camel Estuary, Rock is just as naturally beautiful as its over-the-estuary-companion and probably has almost as many good restaurants and cafes. Its mile long beach of fine sand, fringed by sand dunes on one side and calm, clear water on the other, is perfect for watersports and beach-life of all kinds. Our Guru’s recommendations for the best places to stay in Rock all have watersports facilities, so it’s a great place to just give it a go!
What Not To Miss
- Take a stroll or even a dip on Rock Beach, a vast expanse of golden sand, ideal for walking the dog or lying in the sun.
- Enjoy a tipple and a tour at Sharp's Brewery one of Cornwall's most famous beers. Visitors can see behind the scenes of a working brewery and participate in a tasting session.
- Plus, Rock has the Michelin starred offerings of Nathan Outlaw, one of the UK's top seafood chefs, or it's just a ride on the little yellow fear from Rick Stein’s famous fish and chips…
- Have a tranquil moment at St Michael's Church, perched upon Porthilly, with fantastic views across the Camel Estuary towards Rock.
- Witness local scenery and marine life at its best with a sea tour. There's a great variety of species to see from Dolphins to Sharks and even birds such as puffins.
As far as our Gurus are concerned the best places to stay in Rock are those with sea or estuary views. This really special view is best enjoyed from as many angles as possible - maybe on the cycle path along the whole estuary? If you can tear yourself away from the beach.
The Best Places to stay in Rock
The Best Beach Hotels in Rock
- The St Enodoc Hotel is a beachside hotel with wonderful views of the Camel Estuary and 16 modern, airy, nautical-inspired rooms. This is definitely one of the best places for families with its family suites, games rooms and special kid’s menus in the lively, health-conscious restaurant.
Prefer an apartment or cottage?
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday, don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a range of properties to suit all needs this holiday.
- Fly to Cornwall Airport Newquay located 30km (19 miles) from Rock. The airport caters to several UK destinations along with a couple of European ones.
- There's also a ferry between Rock and Padstow operating several trips each hour.
- If you want to rent a car to explore the coastline and quaint towns - for prices visit our online partner, Rentalcars
- Best time to visit - the summer months from June to early September provide the warmest weather for enjoying the beaches and walking routes.
Still not sure?
- Browse though our list of all the best places to stay in Rock,
- Expand your search to include the best places to stay in Padstow,
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Rock
Best Hotels in Rock
St Enodoc Hotel Rock, Cornwall 20 rooms from £170Families - Family suites, games room, special kiddies menus and a wealth of fun beachside activities make this an ideal family getaway.Foodies - Fresh, local, seasonal produce is used in the hotels seafood restaurant to create flavoursome innovative cuisine.Beach Life - Right on the beach, with nautical blue and white interiors and plenty of water based fun at hand.Surfing - The hotel will organise a private surf lessons with George Stoy, a perfect introduction to Cornwall's most popular sport!