- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Book Online Now
Search the best hotels in Sheffield
Known across the land as the 'Steel City', Sheffield has long been renowned as part of the industrial heartlands of Britain. There have been people living in the area of Sheffield for 12,800 years, making it one of the oldest settled areas of land in the UK. A city that has been somewhat reinvented, post-industrial Sheffield is a now a hub of culture, arts and music in the UK. The best places to stay in Sheffield tend to either be in the centre or on the outskirts of the city.
What Not To Miss
- The Tropical Butterfly House, home to a wide range of exotic animals, is a wonderful place for a fun family day out.
- If you fancy some evening entertainment then make sure to take in a show at the Crucible Theatre or the Lyceum.
- For something more relaxing, stroll through the Botanical Gardens on a sunny day and enjoy a picnic.
- Culture vultures can check out the Kelham Island Museum or the National Emergency Services Museum.
As an emerging city, Sheffield is becoming a haven for young, creative types. The best places to stay in Sheffield tend reflect the city's developing vibrant atmosphere.
The best places to stay in Sheffield
For A Romantic Country Retreat
- Set in a lovely country house, Hassop Hall offers classically elegant rooms with four posters and roaring log fires. Spend your days exploring the surrounding Peak District National Park.
- The 500-year old George Inn, with its stunningly tranquil rural location and award-winning restaurant, is a top spot for a romantic getaway.
- Cavendish Hotel is of a similar ilk, set in the heart of the Peak District and offering gorgeous traditional rooms - complete with four posters and antiques. There are also multiple award-winning restaurants to choose from!
- With smart, chintzy accommodation, a Michelin-starred restaurant and a peaceful rural setting, you really can't go wrong with a stay at Fischer's Baslow Hall.
For The City Itself
- The boutique Brocco On The Park boasts scandi-chic accommodation a short distance outside the city centre. Tuck into splendid Scandinavian meals and unwind in the large baths after a long day.
For An Inn
- If you're looking for an unfussy base from which to explore the area, The Devonshire Arms is a splendid choice. Good food served up and chic contemporary rooms to stay in.
For An Apartment Or Holiday Home
For those who'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option, browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- The weather's definitely nicest in the summer, with the average daily temperature rising to 15°C in August. Bring a jacket though just in case - Yorkshire's always susceptible to a rain shower or two!
- Visitors can fly into Doncaster Sheffield Airport which is served by a number of domestic, mainland European and international destinations.
- From the airport you can hop on the 737 bus to Sheffield, a journey which should take around 45 minutes.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still Not Sure?
- Browse through our entire list of the best places to stay in Sheffield.
- Alternatively, widen the net to search through our recommendations in nearby Leeds or Liverpool.
- Or, feel free to contact one of our friendly gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Sheffield
Brocco on the Park 8 rooms from £90Sheffield
A small boutique guest house hotel with eight elegant bedrooms, each individually decorated with a luxurious Scandinavian feel. The in-house kitchen serves Scandinavian inspired meals throughout the day. Enjoy a restful nights sleep and start the morning with a brisk walk through the adjacent park.Romantic Break - A perfect weekend away for two, charming and light rooms with deep soaking tubs, gourmet meals and lovely walks in the park.Local markets - Just down the road is Sharrow Vale Road, a foodie's heaven packed with delis and local produce.Great walks - The hotel sits ober Endcliffe Park, a beautiful spot for an afternoon stroll.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Sawdays
The Florentine 11 rooms from £80Sheffield
Sleek and modern, The Florentine in Sheffield is a charming hotel. Not far from the city centre, it offers smart rooms, excellent food in the restaurant and a location that gives you great access to both the Peak District and the Steel City.Local exploring - A great base from which to explore the Steel City.Great walks - Go exploring in the nearby Peak District, less than ten miles from the hotel.Sights nearby - Take a trip to the Sheffield Botanical Gardens.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.