Search the best hotels in Sheffield
Known across the land as the 'Steel City', Sheffield has long been renowned as part of the industrial heartlands of Britain. There have been people living in the area of Sheffield for 12,800 years, making it one of the oldest settled areas of land in the UK. A city that has been somewhat reinvented, post-industrial Sheffield is a now a hub of culture, arts and music in the UK. The best places to stay in Sheffield tend to either be in the centre or on the outskirts of the city.
What Not To Miss
- The Tropical Butterfly House, home to a wide range of exotic animals, is a wonderful place for a fun family day out.
- If you fancy some evening entertainment then make sure to take in a show at the Crucible Theatre or the Lyceum.
- For something more relaxing, stroll through the Botanical Gardens on a sunny day and enjoy a picnic.
- Culture vultures can check out the Kelham Island Museum or the National Emergency Services Museum.
As an emerging city, Sheffield is becoming a haven for young, creative types. The best places to stay in Sheffield tend reflect the city's developing vibrant atmosphere.
The best places to stay in Sheffield
For a chic guesthouse
- The boutique Brocco On The Park boasts scandi-chic accommodation a short distance outside the city centre. Tuck into splendid Scandinavian meals and unwind in the large baths after a long day.
Just off centre
- The Florentine is a period pub with rooms just outside the city centre. Its eleven rooms have been given a smart contemporary makeover and all offer luxury linens and White Company toiletries. Downstairs there's a buzzy bar and delicious food.
For An Apartment Or Holiday Home
- For those who'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option, browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- The weather's definitely nicest in the summer, with the average daily temperature rising to 15°C in August. Bring a jacket though just in case - Yorkshire's always susceptible to a rain shower or two!
- Visitors can fly into Doncaster Sheffield Airport which is served by a number of domestic, mainland European and international destinations.
- From the airport you can hop on the 737 bus to Sheffield, a journey which should take around 45 minutes.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still Not Sure?
- Browse through our entire list of the best places to stay in Sheffield.
- Alternatively, widen the net to search through our recommendations in nearby Leeds or all our Yorkshire picks.
- Or, feel free to contact one of our friendly gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Sheffield
The Florentine Sheffield 11 rooms from £80Local exploring - A great base from which to explore the Steel City.Great walks - Go exploring in the nearby Peak District, less than ten miles from the hotel.Sights nearby - Take a trip to the Sheffield Botanical Gardens.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.
The Florentine is a charming pub with rooms not far from the city centre. It offers eleven smart contemporary rooms with luxury accessories, excellent food in the restaurant and a buzzing bar. Plus a location that gives you great access to both the Peak District and the Steel City. See More
Brocco on the Park Sheffield 8 rooms from £90Romantic Break - A perfect weekend away for two, charming and light rooms with deep soaking tubs, gourmet meals and lovely walks in the park.Local markets - Just down the road is Sharrow Vale Road, a foodie's heaven packed with delis and local produce.Great walks - The hotel sits ober Endcliffe Park, a beautiful spot for an afternoon stroll.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Sawdays
A small boutique guest house hotel with eight elegant bedrooms, each individually decorated with a luxurious Scandinavian feel. The in-house kitchen serves Scandinavian inspired meals throughout the day. Enjoy a restful nights sleep and start the morning with a brisk walk through the adjacent park. See More