Search the best hotels in Arkansas
Arkansas has the moniker of ‘the natural state’, and quite rightly considering its natural treasures: the Ozark Mountains, the Ouachitas Mountains, the Mississippi Delta, the Buffalo River and the Hot Springs National Park to start the list. But these are just names, and the reality is rugged mountains with granite tors along their spines, dense forests and fast running rivers. Between them are sandwiched green pastures, small towns and quiet roads. The best places to stay in Arkansas range from the remotest of lodges to city break boutique hotels in the state capital Little Rock. So the first question is where are the best places to stay for the kind of holiday you’re looking for?
What Not To Miss and where to stay
- Little Rock is the all American, Mom’s-apple-pie, state capital with the small town feel and the beautiful, wooded river valley surroundings. It’s a bit hipper than you might think though, and has a feisty history of involvement with the civil rights movement. As well as being on the Arkansas River, Little Rock has the Ozark Mountains and Ouschita Mountains as neighbours, so this is a great place to come if you enjoy adventuring in the great outdoors. And really the only place to come if you’re looking for a cosmopolitan city break.
- Art lovers need to head to Bentonville. It's home to the Walton family (of Walmart fame), and they established one of the US's best art collections here.
- Eureka Springs is a popular spot for visitors, it’s a Victorian resort town turned New Age retreat perched on the side of a steep valley. As well as all the usual outdoor sports, Eureka Springs has a friendly, liberal vibe - it’s more liberal than much of the state - and a great Blues Festival.
- Hot Springs is another old resort town, offering beauty and possibly healing powers to everyone from the original inhabitants of this land to the top echelons of America’s organised crime. There are elaborate bath houses with extensive, and sometimes old fashioned treatment menus, and the relics of the town’s 1930s heyday in the form of bars and casinos. The Ouschita Mountains surround the town, so now it’s more a popular spot with the outdoors-loving community.
- The Ozarks are a wonderfully ancient range which also offer all sorts of opportunity for adventure amongst stunning views, or, if you prefer your views a bit flatter, then there’s the Arkansas River Valley and the Arkansas Delta, which both have more carefully maintained parks and plenty of river-sports.
Whether you're here for business or pleasure, use our guide to the best places to stay in Arkansas and start to plan your trip.
The best places to stay in Arkansas
For Little Rock
- The Capital Hotel in Little Rock is an historic hotel just back from the Arkansas River. Established in 1870, there are currently 94 large rooms furnished with antiques. There are two restaurants and a great bar.
For an arty stay - Bentonville
- The 21c Museum Hotel in Bentonville is an art gallery cum boutique hotel with 104 large, light rooms and a buzzing bar and restaurant. Explore the Mark Twain National Park and the local art scene.
For an apartment or lodge
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday - don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a diverse range of properties to suit holidays of all types.
- Fly to Clinton National Airport located 12km (7.4 miles) from Little Rock with a host of domestic flights from across the U.S
- If you want to rent a car to explore the stunning natural beauty of the state - for prices visit our online partner Rentalcars
- Best time to visit - the summers can be very hot and humid so visitors may be better visiting in the Spring months of April and May.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Arkansas
- Alternatively, expand your search to include our recommendations in Texas or New Orleans
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Arkansas
Best Hotels in Arkansas
Dickson Street Inn Fayetteville 10 rooms from £79Local exploring - Fayetteville's historic entertainment district surrounds the property. Shops, restaurants & sites are all walking distanceSights nearby - Take a short trip out of town to visit Fort Charrette Historic VillageWhirlpool Bathtub - Two of the ten rooms feature spacious two-person spa bathsBoutique
Historic boutique inn located in central Fayetteville. Chic rooms combine heartwood pine floors, elegant crown moulding, oriental rugs, antique furniture & grand one-of-a-kind artworks. Relax on the picturesque wrap-around clapboard porch or at the adjoining pubs. Will suit couples here to explore. See More
The Inn at the Mill Fayetteville, Arkansas 46 rooms from £80Local exploring - Explore Fayetteville's historic district, Tontitown, and a range of cultural sites. Active visitors can golf, fish and hikeSights nearby - Visit Clinton House Museum, Botanical Garden of the Ozarks or Walton Performing Arts CenterWhirlpool Bathtub - Certain room types feature two-person whirlpool tubsSecluded setting - For escaping.
Boutique inn situated in a rural historic mill, just outside Springdale. Elegant rooms and suites, inspired by famous artists, range in style from rustic farmhouse style to sleek French country; many boast romantic whirlpool tubs and balconies. Enjoy the on-site gym and complimentary refreshments. See More
5 Ojo Inn Eureka Springs 9 rooms from £105Hideaway - With roaring fires, cosy interiors, and a tranquil forest location - this is an idyllic hideawayFishing - Explore Beaver Lake with it's 487 miles of shoreline where swimming, canoe and boat rentals, and fishing are all availableLocal markets - Close to downtown shops, restaurants, and galleries and located on the City Trolley System (Red Route)Great walks - Enjoy walking in the woods and stroll through the gardens at the Blue Heritage CentreRecommended by - Chambres d’hôtes de Charme CHC
Enjoy the best of Ozark hospitality at this charming B&B in historic Eureka Springs. Nine cosy suites are traditionally styled. Gourmet breakfast is served daily and you relax in a giant outdoor hot tub. Expect to spot local wildlife in the surrounding woods despite being just minutes from downtown. See More
Heartstone Inn & Cottages Eureka Springs 11 rooms from £113Country Escape - A cosy traditional inn surrounded by spectacular nature and wineries - an idyllic rural escapeSights nearby - Take the Belle of the Ozarks 12-mile cruise on Beaver Lake featuring the Ozark Bluff Dweller’s burial groundRestrictions on children - Only children over 12 are allowedFishing - Excellent fishing nearby.
A charming B&B set in Eureka Springs surrounded by the Ozark mountains. Rooms are spacious and comfortable with fireplaces, private decks, luxury bathrobes and Thymes Eucalyptus bath products. Enjoy a gourmet breakfast made with fresh local ingredients. A cosy base for exploring the region from. See More
Inn at Carnall Hall Fayetteville 49 rooms from £132Local exploring - Ideally located for access to university buildings as well as bars, restaurants, galleries & boutiques of nearby Dickson StreetLearning - Set on the university's Old Main lawn, this building is an intrinsic part of the campus. Walton Arts Center is just next doorValue chic - Offering a prime location, good dining options and incredibly pleasant surroundings, the property offers a great-value stayWeddings - Historic architecture, large gardens, original design features and pretty event spaces make this is an obvious choice
A boutique hotel with old-world charm set on the University of Arkansas campus. Recently renovated rooms are fresh yet cosy while public areas - lounges, verandas and all-day dining restaurant - have an airy elegant feel. The rich history & refined contemporary style offers the best of both worlds. See More
Graduate Fayetteville Fayetteville 234 rooms from £135Local exploring - Located just off Downtown Square, walking distance to Dickson Street, the area is brimming with restaurants, bars and shopsBusiness meetings - With a flexible meeting, conference and event space plus excellent on-site catering and host functions for up to 400 peopleCar not required - Free bikes and complimentary shuttles within a 5 mile radius from the property mean you can leave your car at homeFamilies - Young kids will adore the Family Room, with its colourful decor and playful kid's beds
A funky boutique-style hotel, with a pool, walking distance to the University of Arkansas. Retro-inspired on-trend interiors blend vintage furnishings, punchy prints and bold Varsity colours. A sociable lobby lounge is home to a cafe-come-bar and cosy hang-out areas. Contemporary and youthful. See More
StoneWind Retreat Chester, Arkansas 8 rooms from £148Romantic Break - Book in for a weekend of couples' massages, stargazing from the hot tub and bracing country walks. Privacy & romance guaranteedHideaway - Book the Sanctuary Suite for the most private experience, with stunning uniterrupted views for miles on all sidesPrivate Hot Tub - Every yurt features its own outdoor terrace with private hot tub, screened off from view from other yurtsWeddings - Offers elopment packages with minister performing ceremonies in your cabin, deck, or unique stone garden
Series of deluxe yurt cabins set within acres of countryside. Yurts feature outdoor decks, private hot tubs, two-person showers and cosy gas fireplaces, as well as spacious indoor and outdoor living/dining areas. Enjoy all comforts of home with stunning views. Ultimate romantic rural hideaway. See More
The Capital Hotel, Little Rock Little Rock (Arkansas) 94 rooms from £152Local markets - Little Rock River Market District is worth an explore.Sights nearby - Cathedral of Saint Andrew.Views - Great views from hotelFour poster beds - For romantics.
This 1870 establishment offers over 140 years of excellent service and modern comfort. Large, antique furnished rooms with contemporary bathrooms and seating area. Two restaurants offer local cuisine or relax at the bar. Great for Arkansas history, a business trip or a family getaway. See More
The Victoria Bentonville 6 rooms from £171Museums - Property adjoins the pedestrian entrance to Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art, known for its collection and lush groundsRomantic Break - Couples will love the Queen Anne Suite's feature turret, cosy fireplace and bathroom with vaulted ceiling & claw-foot tubLocal exploring - It's an easy walk two blocks to downtown Bentonville Square; browse its many shops and restaurantsGreat walks - Directly outside of the property there is access to the Slaughter Pen Trail, a scenic route for hiking and cycling
Charming Victorian B&B walking distance to Crystal Bridges Museum. Expect tasteful period decor across homely rooms and grand suites with turrets, chandeliers and spa baths. Enjoy downtime in a spacious living room, porch, gardens, outdoor pool and hot tub. An elegant base for sightseeing getaways. See More
Arsenic & Old Lace Inn Eureka Springs (AR) 5 rooms from £187Romantic Break - The quiet setting of this B&B makes it a great option for a romantic break; book the treetop suite for a four-poster bedCity Style - Set in a stylish property with easy access to the main attractions, this B&B has lots of local city charmLocal exploring - Explore downtown Eureka Springs or head out to a nature spot, with lots to explore local to the B&BSights nearby - Take the mountain trail to the Thorncrown Chapel, boasting 6,000 square feet of glass and 425 windowsRecommended by - Chambres d’hôtes de Charme CHC
This stylish guesthouse is located in Eureka Springs, Arkansas. With five beautifully appointed suites, this B&B is truly boutique. Each room is uniquely dressed and has a cosy seasonal fireplace. Start the day with breakfast on the wrap-around verandah, a perfect choice for a romantic weekend away. See More
Hotel Hale Hot Springs 9 rooms from £192Back to Nature - Renowned for its bubbling mineral waters, Hot Springs National Park — or Valley of Vapours — is sacred to Native AmericansActive Holiday - Stunning natural landscape of mountains and hot springs offers kayaking, riding, hiking, fishing and mountain bikingWellbeing - Every room comes with a large soaking tub using mineral water pumped directly from the hot springGreat walks - Hike or bike in Hot Springs Mountain, North Mountain, West Mountain, Sugarloaf Mountain and Whittington Lake Park
Intimate owner-run boutique hotel set within the National Park. The historic bathhouse has been lovingly renovated with mid-century modern interiors; think exposed brick, unique artwork & tubs filled with the area's spring water. With outdoor dining, this property has real authentic charm. See More
Spring Street Inn Hot Springs National Park 6 rooms from £209Romantic Break - An adult-only stay ensuring a quiet break. Pick one of the rooms with a whirlpool tub and fireplace for a romantic settingActive Holiday - Located right besides Hot Springs Nature Park - the activity options are endlessGreat walks - Hiking trails through the National Forest begin right from the property's doorstepWhirlpool Bathtub - All of the rooms feature whirlpool tubs and most are big enough for two!
A historic inn dating back to 1889 located on the outskirts of Hot Springs National Park. Romantic rooms feature beautifully carved antiques and suites boast spa baths and fireplaces. Set in spacious gardens ideal for unwinding with a good book. An adult-only stay, perfect for an active break. See More
21c Museum Hotel, Bentonville Bentonville (Arkansas) 104 rooms from £226Sights nearby - Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.Great walks - Explore Mark Twain National Park.Lively - Hip and happening.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - Tablet
Art-centric owners combined gallery with boutique to form a contemporary, popular hotel in Bentonville. Light, large rooms with modern bathrooms and all the mod-cons. The Hive serves fresh, local cuisine and the buzzing bar is a hot spot in town. Walmart roots are here - explore art and history. See More