Search the best hotels in Arkansas
Arkansas has the moniker of ‘the natural state’, and quite rightly considering its natural treasures: the Ozark Mountains, the Ouachitas Mountains, the Mississippi Delta, the Buffalo River and the Hot Springs National Park to start the list. But these are just names, and the reality is rugged mountains with granite tors along their spines, dense forests and fast running rivers. Between them are sandwiched green pastures, small towns and quiet roads. The best places to stay in Arkansas range from the remotest of lodges to city break boutique hotels in the state capital Little Rock. So the first question is where are the best places to stay for the kind of holiday you’re looking for?
What Not To Miss and where to stay
- Little Rock is the all American, Mom’s-apple-pie, state capital with the small town feel and the beautiful, wooded river valley surroundings. It’s a bit hipper than you might think though, and has a feisty history of involvement with the civil rights movement. As well as being on the Arkansas River, Little Rock has the Ozark Mountains and Ouschita Mountains as neighbours, so this is a great place to come if you enjoy adventuring in the great outdoors. And really the only place to come if you’re looking for a cosmopolitan city break.
- Art lovers need to head to Bentonville. It's home to the Walton family (of Walmart fame), and they established one of the US's best art collections here.
- Eureka Springs is a popular spot for visitors, it’s a Victorian resort town turned New Age retreat perched on the side of a steep valley. As well as all the usual outdoor sports, Eureka Springs has a friendly, liberal vibe - it’s more liberal than much of the state - and a great Blues Festival.
- Hot Springs is another old resort town, offering beauty and possibly healing powers to everyone from the original inhabitants of this land to the top echelons of America’s organised crime. There are elaborate bath houses with extensive, and sometimes old fashioned treatment menus, and the relics of the town’s 1930s heyday in the form of bars and casinos. The Ouschita Mountains surround the town, so now it’s more a popular spot with the outdoors-loving community.
- The Ozarks are a wonderfully ancient range which also offer all sorts of opportunity for adventure amongst stunning views, or, if you prefer your views a bit flatter, then there’s the Arkansas River Valley and the Arkansas Delta, which both have more carefully maintained parks and plenty of river-sports.
Whether you're here for business or pleasure, use our guide to the best places to stay in Arkansas and start to plan your trip.
The best places to stay in Arkansas
For Little Rock
- The Capital Hotel in Little Rock is an historic hotel just back from the Arkansas River. Established in 1870, there are currently 94 large rooms furnished with antiques. There are two restaurants and a great bar.
For an arty stay - Bentonville
- The 21c Museum Hotel in Bentonville is an art gallery cum boutique hotel with 104 large, light rooms and a buzzing bar and restaurant. Explore the Mark Twain National Park and the local art scene.
For an apartment or lodge
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday - don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a diverse range of properties to suit holidays of all types.
- Fly to Clinton National Airport located 12km (7.4 miles) from Little Rock with a host of domestic flights from across the U.S
- If you want to rent a car to explore the stunning natural beauty of the state - for prices visit our online partner Rentalcars
- Best time to visit - the summers can be very hot and humid so visitors may be better visiting in the Spring months of April and May.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Arkansas
- Alternatively, expand your search to include our recommendations in Texas or New Orleans
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Arkansas
Best Hotels in Arkansas
Dickson Street Inn Fayetteville, Arkansas 10 rooms from £79Local exploring - Fayetteville's historic entertainment district surrounds the property. Shops, restaurants & sites are all walking distanceSights nearby - Take a short trip out of town to visit Fort Charrette Historic VillageWhirlpool Bathtub - Two of the ten rooms feature spacious two-person spa bathsBoutique
Historic boutique inn located in central Fayetteville. Chic rooms combine heartwood pine floors, elegant crown moulding, oriental rugs, antique furniture & grand one-of-a-kind artworks. Relax on the picturesque wrap-around clapboard porch or at the adjoining pubs. Will suit couples here to explore. See More
5 Ojo Inn Eureka Springs 9 rooms from £105Hideaway - With roaring fires, cosy interiors, and a tranquil forest location - this is an idyllic hideawayFishing - Explore Beaver Lake with it's 487 miles of shoreline where swimming, canoe and boat rentals, and fishing are all availableLocal markets - Close to downtown shops, restaurants, and galleries and located on the City Trolley System (Red Route)Great walks - Enjoy walking in the woods and stroll through the gardens at the Blue Heritage CentreRecommended by - Chambres d’hôtes de Charme CHC
Enjoy the best of Ozark hospitality at this charming B&B in historic Eureka Springs. Nine cosy suites are traditionally styled. Gourmet breakfast is served daily and you relax in a giant outdoor hot tub. Expect to spot local wildlife in the surrounding woods despite being just minutes from downtown. See More
Heartstone Inn & Cottages Eureka Springs 11 rooms from £113Country Escape - A cosy traditional inn surrounded by spectacular nature and wineries - an idyllic rural escapeSights nearby - Take the Belle of the Ozarks 12-mile cruise on Beaver Lake featuring the Ozark Bluff Dweller’s burial groundRestrictions on children - Only children over 12 are allowedFishing - Excellent fishing nearby.
A charming B&B set in Eureka Springs surrounded by the Ozark mountains. Rooms are spacious and comfortable with fireplaces, private decks, luxury bathrobes and Thymes Eucalyptus bath products. Enjoy a gourmet breakfast made with fresh local ingredients. A cosy base for exploring the region from. See More
The Capital Hotel, Little Rock Little Rock (Arkansas) 94 rooms from £152Local markets - Little Rock River Market District is worth an explore.Sights nearby - Cathedral of Saint Andrew.Views - Great views from hotelFour poster beds - For romantics.
This 1870 establishment offers over 140 years of excellent service and modern comfort. Large, antique furnished rooms with contemporary bathrooms and seating area. Two restaurants offer local cuisine or relax at the bar. Great for Arkansas history, a business trip or a family getaway. See More
Arsenic & Old Lace Inn Eureka Springs (AR) 5 rooms from £187Romantic Break - The quiet setting of this B&B makes it a great option for a romantic break; book the treetop suite for a four-poster bedCity Style - Set in a stylish property with easy access to the main attractions, this B&B has lots of local city charmLocal exploring - Explore downtown Eureka Springs or head out to a nature spot, with lots to explore local to the B&BSights nearby - Take the mountain trail to the Thorncrown Chapel, boasting 6,000 square feet of glass and 425 windowsRecommended by - Chambres d’hôtes de Charme CHC
This stylish guesthouse is located in Eureka Springs, Arkansas. With five beautifully appointed suites, this B&B is truly boutique. Each room is uniquely dressed and has a cosy seasonal fireplace. Start the day with breakfast on the wrap-around verandah, a perfect choice for a romantic weekend away. See More
Spring Street Inn Hot Springs National Park 6 rooms from £209Romantic Break - An adult-only stay ensuring a quiet break. Pick one of the rooms with a whirlpool tub and fireplace for a romantic settingActive Holiday - Located right besides Hot Springs Nature Park - the activity options are endlessGreat walks - Hiking trails through the National Forest begin right from the property's doorstepWhirlpool Bathtub - All of the rooms feature whirlpool tubs and most are big enough for two!
A historic inn dating back to 1889 located on the outskirts of Hot Springs National Park. Romantic rooms feature beautifully carved antiques and suites boast spa baths and fireplaces. Set in spacious gardens ideal for unwinding with a good book. An adult-only stay, perfect for an active break. See More
21c Museum Hotel, Bentonville Bentonville (Arkansas) 104 rooms from £226Sights nearby - Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.Great walks - Explore Mark Twain National Park.Lively - Hip and happening.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - Tablet
Art-centric owners combined gallery with boutique to form a contemporary, popular hotel in Bentonville. Light, large rooms with modern bathrooms and all the mod-cons. The Hive serves fresh, local cuisine and the buzzing bar is a hot spot in town. Walmart roots are here - explore art and history. See More