Search the best hotels in Arkansas
Dubbed ‘The Natural State’, often-overlooked Arkansas brims with spectacular landscapes and opportunities for adventure. Accommodation options include heritage B&Bs in historic spa towns, striking lakeside hotels and secluded collections of yurts, fit for a whole host of tastes and budgets. Whether you’re dreaming of hiking through the Ozark or Ouachita Mountains, navigating the Mississippi Delta or taking the waters in the Hot Springs National Park, the best places to stay in Arkansas promise the perfect base from which to explore this beautiful region.
History and culture buffs should head to Little Rock, the state capital, for excellent museums, key Civil Rights Trail landmarks, and a cosmopolitan feel. The Arkansas River and surrounding mountains provide outdoorsy activities aplenty. Other cultural hubs include Bentonville, home of the Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art, and the university town of Fayetteville.
For a charming spa town, nab a room in Hot Springs. Historic Bathhouse Row is home to beautiful buildings which continue to offer a selection of classic spa treatments, using the area’s natural geothermal waters, whilst the Hot Springs National Park is a brilliant place to explore. Eureka Springs, another Victorian-era resort town, has emerged as a liberal, artsy centre, with a quirky, New Age feel. Perched on the side of a steep valley, this is also a favourite with nature lovers, hikers and mountain bikers.
Venture into the Ozark or Ouachita Mountains, kayak and fish on Arkansas’ rivers, and go horse riding, cycling and walking through the expansive Arkansas River Valley and the Arkansas Delta. Many of the best places to stay in Arkansas are intimate and appealingly remote: this is a fantastic chance to swap the bustle of everyday life for the tranquility of craggy mountains and verdant forests.
The Best Places to Stay in Arkansas
For a City Hotel
- The Capital Hotel has been a Little Rock landmark since its establishment in 1870. The imposing edifice, close to the Arkansas River, houses 94 elegant rooms, as well as two restaurants and a lively bar. Brilliant for couples, families or business travellers. Smart and historic.
- 21c Museum Hotel is as much an art gallery as a hotel. Contemporary art and sculptures dot the public areas as well as the dedicated exhibition space, whilst rooms are sleek and modern. Both locals and visitors congregate at the bar and eatery, so the property has a lively vibe. For artsy couples, families or friends in Bentonville.
- Graduate Fayetteville is a lively city hotel with funky interiors in a downtown high-rise. Pick this place for the youthful energy, hip decor and sociable communal areas. The swimming pool and complimentary bicycles are a lovely touch. A sure-fire hit with families or groups of friends travelling together.
For a Romantic B&B
- The Empress of Little Rock is a Gothic mansion featuring sumptuous interiors filled with warm textiles, antique furnishings and hardwood floors. Nab one of nine suites -- some of which have big spa tubs -- and tuck in to generous breakfasts before exploring downtown Little Rock. Grown-up and romantic.
- The Victoria is a lovely Bentonville B&B with six grand guestrooms and suites. Interiors feature imposing chandeliers, claw-footed bathtubs and sumptuous fabrics. There's even a romantic turret! The Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art is just next door, and the gardens are idyllic. An intimate, elegant choice.
- Hilltop Manor features five suites set within five acres of mature gardens, close to Hot Springs National Park. Sumptuous suites have spa tubs and stone fireplaces, and the B&B promises generous breakfasts before you head out hiking, biking or boating. An intimate, adult-only choice for couples in search of tranquility.
- Spring Street Inn is just five minutes' walk from Hot Springs' historic Bathhouse Row. The B&B itself dates back to 1889, and offers a quiet, adult-only stay with plenty of old-fashioned charm. Expect antique pieces in the six guestrooms, flower-filled gardens, and easy access to lots of activities. A couples' favourite.
- Arsenic and Old Lace Inn is a gorgeous boutique B&B with five pretty rooms, close to all the main Eureka Springs attractions. Couples will adore relaxing on the wrap-around verandah before cosying up by the fire. Well-placed for exploring the town, too.
- Heartstone Inn and Cottages is a charming Eureka Springs B&B with eleven tradtionally dressed rooms featuring romantic fireplaces, private decks and luxury bathrooms. There's a grown-up feel to this place and no children under 12 allowed.
For Families or Groups
- Inn at Carnall Hall opened in 1905 and has a long history as part of the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville. Following a recent renovation, the inn's 49 rooms are swish and stylish, perfect for couples, friends or families — especially those visiting university students. Expect a superb eatery and plenty of characterful charm. Brilliantly located on campus.
- Dickson Street Inn is a cosy Fayetteville B&B with 10 comfortable bedrooms in what was once a nineteenth-century family home. There's space for couples, small groups or families — some rooms have sofa beds — and the adjoining Dickson Street Pub is a great spot for an evening drink or some food (there are plenty of other bars and eateries nearby). Small, historic and welcoming.
- Hotel Hale is the oldest bathhouse on Bathhouse Row, dating back to 1892. Book one of nine mid-century style suites, dine under an enormous skylight, and unwind with geothermal Hot Springs mineral water pumped directly to your bathtub. A real heritage bathhouse experience for couples, friends or families.
- The Inn at the Mill is a 46-bedroom hotel close to Springdale. Set within an old mill building, the inn offers comfortable rooms with flexible options for families with little ones. Friendly and well-situated for exploring Fayetteville (6.5 miles away), or the Arkansas countryside. There's a cocktail bar and a modern restaurant onsite.
For a Lakeside Escape
- Lookout Point Lakeside Inn is a beautiful spot on the shores of Lake Hamilton near Hot Springs. Guests aged 15 and over are welcome, so this is a great pick for romantic couples or small groups of friends. Head out on the water for boat trips, kayaking and pedal-boating after decadent breakfasts, and enjoy lazy hammock afternoons before tucking into delicious dinners and cocktails. A food-focused escape in a striking lakeside location, with indulgent guestrooms.
- Beaver Lakefront Cabins offers absolute seclusion, with a collection of sleek, minimalist cabins overlooking Beaver Lake. Smaller cabins have full kitchens, fireplaces, two-person jetted tubs and private porches — perfect for couples — whilst the largest options sleeps up to 10 people. A fantastic getaway for a group of friends! Adult-only.
For a Forest Hideaway
- 5 Ojo Inn offers nine traditionally-decorated bedrooms in a tranquil forested setting on the outskirts of Eureka Springs. Pick this place for a laid-back hideaway feel, with excellent walking and fishing in the area. The outdoor hot tub is also is a big hit. An old-school B&B for nature lovers.
- Grand Treehouse Resort is an adults-only spot with luxurious interiors — think big beds, hardwood floors and chandeliers — tucked within raised houses hidden amongst the trees near Eureka Springs. There's hiking and mountain biking in the area.
- The Woods Cabins are bright and airy, with quirky interiors featuring bold colours and big kitchens in a forested area close to Eureka Springs. Private porches are ideal for unwinding. With just 5 cabins, this is an intimate nature-focused escape.
- StoneWind Retreat offers a collection of yurts set within acres of fields and forest. Enjoy a soak in your hot tub after a day of hiking, or cosy up by the fire. Each yurt has self-catering facilities. A glamping favourite for couples.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY COTTAGE
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Clinton National Airport or to Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport and travel by bus or taxi to your destination from there.
- Arkansas is great for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Visit in the spring (April - May) or autumn (September - October) for pleasant temperatures. Summer is peak season, and it can also be very hot.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Browse our list of the best places to stay in Little Rock.
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Oklahoma.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Arkansas
Best Hotels in Arkansas
Dickson Street Inn Fayetteville 10 rooms from £79Local exploring - Fayetteville's historic entertainment district surrounds the property. Shops, restaurants & sites are all walking distanceRestaurant - Connected to the inn is the Dickson Street Pub, a lively joint with street-level bar and rooftop patio deck with viewsSights nearby - Take a short trip out of town to visit Fort Charrette Historic VillageWhirlpool Bathtub - Two of the ten rooms feature spacious two-person spa baths
Historic boutique inn located in central Fayetteville. Chic rooms combine heartwood pine floors, elegant crown moulding, oriental rugs, antique furniture & grand one-of-a-kind artworks. Relax on the picturesque wrap-around clapboard porch or at the adjoining pubs. Will suit couples here to explore. See More
The Inn at the Mill Fayetteville, Arkansas 46 rooms from £80Local exploring - Explore Fayetteville's historic district, Tontitown, and a range of cultural sites. Active visitors can golf, fish and hikeSights nearby - Visit Clinton House Museum, Botanical Garden of the Ozarks or Walton Performing Arts CenterWhirlpool Bathtub - Certain room types feature two-person whirlpool tubsSecluded setting - For escaping.
Boutique inn situated in a rural historic mill, just outside Springdale. Elegant rooms and suites, inspired by famous artists, range in style from rustic farmhouse style to sleek French country; many boast romantic whirlpool tubs and balconies. Enjoy the on-site gym and complimentary refreshments. See More
The New Orleans Hotel Eureka Springs 6 rooms from £94Local exploring - Perfectly positioned to access the art galleries, boutiques, restaurants, and bars of downtown Eureka Spring on footSights nearby - Take an audio tour of the fascinating Onyx CaveFull of characterTraditional
A charming B&B located in the heart of historic downtown Eureka Springs. Individually designed rooms have an old-world feel with whirring fans and dark-wood antiques. A grand lounge and quiet porch are perfect for unwinding after a day's exploring. A convenient, characterful, and well-priced stay. See More
Rosemont B&B Cottages Little Rock (Arkansas) 9 rooms from £98Groups - Book the entire second floor of a fully restored 1880 farmhouse with a treetop view from every window. Sleeps up to 8Sights nearby - At Moss Mountain Farm take a tour through P. Allen Smith's three-storey Greek Revival-style homeGreat walks - Pinnacle Mountain State Park has more than 22 miles of trails to exploreLocal markets - Eat, shop and play at Little Rock's River Market
Charming B&B in the centre of historic downtown. Individually designed cottages are traditional in style and most come with either private terrace or garden area. Two bedroom cottages are ideal for small groups. A friendly, comfortable stay that welcomes children and pets too. See More
5 Ojo Inn Eureka Springs 9 rooms from £105Hideaway - With roaring fires, cosy interiors, and a tranquil forest location - this is an idyllic hideawayFishing - Explore Beaver Lake with it's 487 miles of shoreline where swimming, canoe and boat rentals, and fishing are all availableLocal markets - Close to downtown shops, restaurants, and galleries and located on the City Trolley System (Red Route)Great walks - Enjoy walking in the woods and stroll through the gardens at the Blue Heritage CentreRecommended by - Chambres dâ€™hÃ´tes de Charme CHC
Enjoy the best of Ozark hospitality at this charming B&B in historic Eureka Springs. Nine cosy suites are traditionally styled. Gourmet breakfast is served daily and you relax in a giant outdoor hot tub. Expect to spot local wildlife in the surrounding woods despite being just minutes from downtown. See More
Heartstone Inn & Cottages Eureka Springs 11 rooms from £113Country Escape - A cosy traditional inn surrounded by spectacular nature and wineries - an idyllic rural escapeSights nearby - Take the Belle of the Ozarks 12-mile cruise on Beaver Lake featuring the Ozark Bluff Dweller’s burial groundRestrictions on children - Only children over 12 are allowedFishing - Excellent fishing nearby.
A charming B&B set in Eureka Springs surrounded by the Ozark mountains. Rooms are spacious and comfortable with fireplaces, private decks, luxury bathrobes and Thymes Eucalyptus bath products. Enjoy a gourmet breakfast made with fresh local ingredients. A cosy base for exploring the region from. See More
The Woods Cabins Eureka Springs 5 rooms from £132Romantic Break - The secluded cabins are made for couples with large jetted tubs, quiet porches for an evening drink, and fireplacesGroups - The Walnut Cabin comfortably sleeps two couples making it a great option for a getaway with friendsGreat walks - There is a large network of scenic hiking trails starting from near the propertyWhirlpool Bathtub - There are jetted two person tubs or whirlpools in each cabin
A collection of five charming cabins nestled in a secluded forest spot near downtown Eureka Springs. Airy interiors mix traditional design with a fresh colour palette and added luxuries such as whirlpool tubs. With well-equipped kitchens and private porches, this is ideal for a couples' escape. See More
Inn at Carnall Hall Fayetteville 49 rooms from £132Local exploring - Ideally located for access to university buildings as well as bars, restaurants, galleries & boutiques of nearby Dickson StreetLearning - Set on the university's Old Main lawn, this building is an intrinsic part of the campus. Walton Arts Center is just next doorValue chic - Offering a prime location, good dining options and incredibly pleasant surroundings, the property offers a great-value stayWeddings - Historic architecture, large gardens, original design features and pretty event spaces make this is an obvious choice
A boutique hotel with old-world charm set on the University of Arkansas campus. Recently renovated rooms are fresh yet cosy while public areas - lounges, verandas and all-day dining restaurant - have an airy elegant feel. The rich history & refined contemporary style offers the best of both worlds. See More
Graduate Fayetteville Fayetteville 234 rooms from £135Local exploring - Located just off Downtown Square, walking distance to Dickson Street, the area is brimming with restaurants, bars and shopsBusiness meetings - With a flexible meeting, conference and event space plus excellent on-site catering and host functions for up to 400 peopleCar not required - Free bikes and complimentary shuttles within a 5 mile radius from the property mean you can leave your car at homeFamilies - Young kids will adore the Family Room, with its colourful decor and playful kid's beds
A funky boutique-style hotel, with a pool, walking distance to the University of Arkansas. Retro-inspired on-trend interiors blend vintage furnishings, punchy prints and bold Varsity colours. A sociable lobby lounge is home to a cafe-come-bar and cosy hang-out areas. Contemporary and youthful. See More
The Grand Treehouse Resort Eureka Springs 6 rooms from £137Romantic Break - The secluded cabins, the adults-only policy, and the jetted tubs for two make this an ideal hideaway for couplesLocal exploring - The location gives the best of both worlds. Spend the day in the historic downtown or get out into natureGreat walks - There are a wide choice of hiking routes starting from near the propertyMinimum Stay - There is a two night minimum stay on weekends and holidays
A collection of individually styled treehouses set on the outskirts of Eureka Springs. Interiors are comfortable and homely with hardwood floors, gas fireplaces, and stained glass windows. Chandeliers, two-person jetted tubs, and Egyptian cotton sheets make this a luxurious stay. Ideal for couples. See More
The Empress of Little Rock Little Rock 9 rooms from £144Local exploring - Well positioned in Little Rock downtown, there are plenty of restaurants, shops, bars, and attractions within walking distanceRomantic Break - All the rooms have a romantic feel but couples should pick one of the Spa Suites with fireplaces and two-person jetted tubsSights nearby - Stoll down to Arkansas State Capitol and admire the striking buildingLocal markets - Sample local produce at the farmers' market in South Main District
A stunning Gothic red-brick mansion set in the heart of downtown. Wonderfully atmospheric rooms are packed with antiques and boast hardwood floors and fireplaces; Spa Suites boast jetted tubs. Enjoy indulgent breakfasts in the grand dining room before exploring the city. Grown-up and romantic. See More
Beaver Lakefront Cabins Eureka Springs 13 rooms from £146Groups - The Hot Tub Lake House which sleeps 10 boasts a pool table and an elevated deck with a fire pit — ideal for group getawaysRomantic Break - The cabins are designed with couples in mind. Enjoy in-room massages, drinks on the private porch, and romantic evenings inSelf catering - Each cabin comes with a fully-equipped kitchen, a BBQ, and a dining areaFishing - Fish for white bass and trout on Beaver Lake or on the White River
A collection of luxury adult-only cabins set in a scenic and secluded spot overlooking Beaver Lake. Designed with romance in mind, cabins come complete with full kitchens, fireplaces, two-person jetted tubs and private porches. One cabin sleeps up to ten. Ideal for a relaxing couples' escape. See More
StoneWind Retreat Chester, Arkansas 8 rooms from £148Romantic Break - Book in for a weekend of couples' massages, stargazing from the hot tub and bracing country walks. Privacy & romance guaranteedHideaway - Book the Sanctuary Suite for the most private experience, with stunning uniterrupted views for miles on all sidesPrivate Hot Tub - Every yurt features its own outdoor terrace with private hot tub, screened off from view from other yurtsWeddings - Offers elopment packages with minister performing ceremonies in your cabin, deck, or unique stone garden
Series of deluxe yurt cabins set within acres of countryside. Yurts feature outdoor decks, private hot tubs, two-person showers and cosy gas fireplaces, as well as spacious indoor and outdoor living/dining areas. Enjoy all comforts of home with stunning views. Ultimate romantic rural hideaway. See More
Hilltop Manor Hot Springs 6 rooms from £152Romantic Break - The adult-only environment and spacious suites with fireplaces and two-person hot tubs are ideal for romanceActive Holiday - The property is conveniently located for accessing Hot Springs National ParkLocal markets - Sample local produce at the farmers' market that is held on Tuesdays and SaturdaysGreat walks - There are a wide network of hiking trails throughout Arkansas and Hot Springs
A charming manor house set in 5-acres of mature gardens near Hot Springs National Park. Spacious suites are wonderfully indulgent with gas fireplaces, jetted tubs for two, and cosy traditional design. A tranquil space complete with a firelit terrace and indulgent breakfasts. Ideal for couples. See More
The Capital Hotel, Little Rock Little Rock (Arkansas) 94 rooms from £152Local markets - Little Rock River Market District is worth an explore.Sights nearby - Cathedral of Saint Andrew.Views - Great views from hotelFour poster beds - For romantics.
This 1870 establishment offers over 140 years of excellent service and modern comfort. Large, antique furnished rooms with contemporary bathrooms and seating area. Two restaurants offer local cuisine or relax at the bar. Great for Arkansas history, a business trip or a family getaway. See More
Lookout Point Lakeside Inn Hot Springs 16 rooms from £155Romantic Break - With an adult-only environment & luxurious rooms with lake views, whirlpool tubs, and fireplaces — this is a very romantic stayBack to Nature - A glorious location for a back to nature escape overlooking Lake Hamilton and the Ouachita MountainsGreat walks - Hike along scenic trails in the nearby state parkWhirlpool Bathtub - Most of the rooms have whirlpool tubs
An elegant inn set in an outrageously scenic spot on the shores of Lake Hamilton. Luxe rooms are all lake facing; the design is traditional, most have whirlpool tubs, and all have patios or balconies. Two-course breakfasts are served in-room and romantic boat cruises are offered. A couples' haven. See More
The Victoria Bentonville 6 rooms from £171Museums - Property adjoins the pedestrian entrance to Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art, known for its collection and lush groundsRomantic Break - Couples will love the Queen Anne Suite's feature turret, cosy fireplace and bathroom with vaulted ceiling & claw-foot tubLocal exploring - It's an easy walk two blocks to downtown Bentonville Square; browse its many shops and restaurantsGreat walks - Directly outside of the property there is access to the Slaughter Pen Trail, a scenic route for hiking and cycling
Charming Victorian B&B walking distance to Crystal Bridges Museum. Expect tasteful period decor across homely rooms and grand suites with turrets, chandeliers and spa baths. Enjoy downtime in a spacious living room, porch, gardens, outdoor pool and hot tub. An elegant base for sightseeing getaways. See More
Arsenic & Old Lace Inn Eureka Springs (AR) 5 rooms from £187Romantic Break - The quiet setting of this B&B makes it a great option for a romantic break; book the treetop suite for a four-poster bedCity Style - Set in a stylish property with easy access to the main attractions, this B&B has lots of local city charmLocal exploring - Explore downtown Eureka Springs or head out to a nature spot, with lots to explore local to the B&BSights nearby - Take the mountain trail to the Thorncrown Chapel, boasting 6,000 square feet of glass and 425 windowsRecommended by - Chambres dâ€™hÃ´tes de Charme CHC
This stylish guesthouse is located in Eureka Springs, Arkansas. With five beautifully appointed suites, this B&B is truly boutique. Each room is uniquely dressed and has a cosy seasonal fireplace. Start the day with breakfast on the wrap-around verandah, a perfect choice for a romantic weekend away. See More
Hotel Hale Hot Springs 9 rooms from £192Back to Nature - Renowned for its bubbling mineral waters, Hot Springs National Park — or Valley of Vapours — is sacred to Native AmericansActive Holiday - Stunning natural landscape of mountains and hot springs offers kayaking, riding, hiking, fishing and mountain bikingWellbeing - Every room comes with a large soaking tub using mineral water pumped directly from the hot springGreat walks - Hike or bike in Hot Springs Mountain, North Mountain, West Mountain, Sugarloaf Mountain and Whittington Lake Park
Intimate owner-run boutique hotel set within the National Park. The historic bathhouse has been lovingly renovated with mid-century modern interiors; think exposed brick, unique artwork & tubs filled with the area's spring water. With outdoor dining, this property has real authentic charm. See More
Spring Street Inn Hot Springs National Park 6 rooms from £209Romantic Break - An adult-only stay ensuring a quiet break. Pick one of the rooms with a whirlpool tub and fireplace for a romantic settingActive Holiday - Located right besides Hot Springs Nature Park - the activity options are endlessGreat walks - Hiking trails through the National Forest begin right from the property's doorstepWhirlpool Bathtub - All of the rooms feature whirlpool tubs and most are big enough for two!
A historic inn dating back to 1889 located on the outskirts of Hot Springs National Park. Romantic rooms feature beautifully carved antiques and suites boast spa baths and fireplaces. Set in spacious gardens ideal for unwinding with a good book. An adult-only stay, perfect for an active break. See More
21c Museum Hotel, Bentonville Bentonville (Arkansas) 104 rooms from £226Sights nearby - Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.Great walks - Explore Mark Twain National Park.Lively - Hip and happening.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - Tablet
Art-centric owners combined gallery with boutique to form a contemporary, popular hotel in Bentonville. Light, large rooms with modern bathrooms and all the mod-cons. The Hive serves fresh, local cuisine and the buzzing bar is a hot spot in town. Walmart roots are here - explore art and history. See More