The 15 Best Dog Friendly Hotels in Cornwall
Cornwall is one of the top holiday destinations in the UK for several reasons. The beaches are one, the moorland another, the beautiful countryside a third. The outdoorsy nature of a Cornwall holiday lends it well to bringing along your four-legged friend. However, sifting through the many hotels in the county to find the best one for you and your pet, can be a time-consuming task which is why our hotel experts have compiled a collection of the best dog friendly hotels in Cornwall. Whether you want a hotel on the beach, a secluded rural hideaway, a charming B&B, or a family-friendly stay - there is something to suit most occasions here. So why not browse through our collection to start planning your next Cornish break?
For great walks
- A stone's throw from the sea, Westcroft Guesthouse is a little hidden gem on Cornwall's south coast. You can expect four-poster suites and quaint touches such as coffee or tea delivered to your room. Set right on the southwest coast path, this is ideal for those on a walking holiday travelling with dogs.
- Another great option for coastal walks with your four-legged friend is Lewinnick Lodge. Rooms are simple yet stylish and boast wonderful sea views. With a secluded position and the beach right on the doorstep, this is a charming coastal hideaway.
For beach life
- St Mawes Hotel is awash with charm and character and captures the nautical essence of its surroundings. The rooms are elegant and simple with tasteful furnishings. After a day of sailing or surfing, return for some delicious seafood dishes in the restaurant. Dogs are welcome in two of the rooms and added goodies such as walking maps in the rooms are nice touches. A coastal gem.
- The Nare is a country-style hotel on the beach. Elegant rooms have colonial furniture and sea views. With an outdoor and indoor pool, spa, a tennis court, and a croquet pitch there is lots to do here. With Carne Beach right on the doorstep - this is a great base for a holiday with your pooch.
- The Scarlet is an adults-only luxury hotel. The floor to ceiling windows ensure that guests get maximum enjoyment from the views of the sea and there is an Ayuverdic spa for some serious pampering. A good choice for couples (and their pooch) looking for a romantic getaway.
- Tolcarne Beach Colonial Rooms is a chic collection of beach cabins and suites set directly on a private stretch of beach. Interiors are quirky and luxurious, filled with antiques and offering terraces for beach views. Two of the cabins are pet friendly. The restaurant serves up particularly good seafood. An ideal pick for two.
- Fowey Hall in the village of Fowey is extremely welcoming to children, so much so that under 16s stay free in their parent’s room. It is one of the many dog friendly hotels in Cornwall. There is a crèche, nannies and special activities for children but no special activities laid on for dogs!
- Bodmin Jail Hotel is a boutique property built within the walls of historic Bodmin Jail. Interiors are sleek and contemporary but with plenty of period features. There are two restaurants to choose from (one formal, one less so). With dogs made welcome in the ground floor rooms, this is a fun stay for the whole family.
- Talland Bay Hotel is a beachfront hotel set in 2-acres of sub-tropical gardens. Stunning interiors feature sleigh beds, funky fabrics and bedrooms that have a New England Beach House vibe. Choose from award-winning fine dining or a more relaxed brasserie. A perfect family-friendly beach-chic retreat where pets are made very welcome.
- Bedruthan Hotel is a luxury hotel located right on the coast. Interiors are airy and modern. With fantastic amenities including two swimming pools, a Cornish restaurant, and a spa - this is an indulgent stay. With dogs welcomed and a wide choice of activities for both kids and adults, this is a crowd-pleaser.
- Penventon Park Hotel is an opulent hotel that oozes Georgian glamour. Elegant interiors feature original features and rich hues. An atmospheric bar and restaurant serving European classics while a lovely indoor pool and spa, ensure an indulgent stay. Pets are equally well taken care of with beds and bowls provided.
- Polurrian on the Lizard offers an incredible setting with a fabulous sandy beach a stone's throw away. Breathtaking sea views can be enjoyed from the airy bedrooms. With indoor and outdoor pools and a spa, this is a spoiling option. Well-behaved pets are welcomed. Suitable for families or couples.
- Cornwall Hotel Spa and Estate is set near St Austell in a 19th-century manor house. Here there are 22 separate woodland homes for those who prefer self-catering (several of which are pet friendly). There are views and walks to be enjoyed down the Pentewan Valley and the hotel has two restaurants.
For a B&B
- The Old Parsonage is a delightful B&B set in a quaint fishing village. Five individually styled rooms feature patterned wallpaper, plush headboards and parquet flooring. Two are dog friendly. Pick this for the friendly hosts and lovely coastal walks.
- Chelsea House is a chic choice for those looking for a Falmouth base. This family-run B&B offers bright contemporary rooms. Two of the rooms are pet friendly and have private gardens. A homely and affordable choice.
Still not sure where to book?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Cornwall.
- Expand your search and look at our collection of the best dog friendly hotels in the UK.
- Stick to Cornwall and consider our Guru’s collection of the best B&Bs in Cornwall or the best hotels in Cornwall for families.
- Alternatively, contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
The Scarlet, Cornwall Mawgan Porth, Cornwall 37 rooms from £195Romantic Break - You, your loved one (and even the pooch) can enjoy an indulgent coastal staySpa breaks - Excellent spa with a range of Ayurvedic treatmentsSwimming Pool - Outdoor and Indoor PoolGreat walks - South West Coast Path.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
Relaxing, purpose-designed eco-friendly hotel overlooking Mawgan Porth beach. Contemporary furniture and modern local art adorns bedroom walls. Great sea views from the cocktail lounge and stylish hotel restaurant. Fantastic spa facility for ultimate relaxation and great outdoor activities nearby. See More
Fowey Hall Fowey, Cornwall 36 rooms from £175FamiliesSwimming Pool - Indoor PoolSailing - Can be booked nearby.Kids Club - Fully staffed.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
The Cornwall Hotel Spa & Estate St Austell, Cornwall 65 rooms from £85Swimming Pool - Indoor PoolFour poster beds - For romantics.Great walks - Good for walkers.Spa
Westcroft Guesthouse Torpoint, Cornwall 4 rooms from £130Great walks - Rame Head is an hour's coastal walk away. Westcroft is right on the south west coast path.Four poster beds - One of the rooms has a pretty four poster and comes with a large sitting room.Surfing - You can surf on the beach outside the property.Views - You can almost touch the sea from the window.
A stone's throw from the sea, Westcroft Guesthouse is a little hidden gem on Cornwall's South coast. You can expect four poster suites, coffee or tea delivered to your room and a delicious, locally sourced breakfast. Ideal for a romantic getaway or take over the whole house for a self-catering week. See More
Bodmin Jail Hotel Bodmin (North Cornwall) 70 rooms from £220Families - Spacious family rooms, casual dining the kids will love and you're right in Bodmin Jail!Local exploring - Bodmin is a great central location for exploring further afield in CornwallRestaurant - Enjoy a la carte dining at The Chapel Restaurant or something more casual at the Jolly Hangman TavernFull of character - There is a good blend here of period and original features plus smart contemporary styling
A boutique property built within the walls of historic Bodmin Jail. Interiors are sleek and contemporary but with plenty of period features; original stone walls are complemented by luxury linens and indulgent bathrooms. Dine in the smart Chapel Restaurant or Jolly Hangman Tavern. Great for families See More
The Old Parsonage, Cornwall Mevagissey, Cornwall 5 rooms from £85Local exploring - A charming B&B located in a quaint Cornish fishing village. The ideal place to explore the region from.Great walks - For a real-life ‘Secret Garden’ experience head to the Lost Gardens of Heligan.Restrictions on children - Adult only unless the whole house is booked for one groupFull of character
Chelsea House Falmouth (South Cornwall) 9 rooms from £88Local exploring - From culture to watersports there is plenty to do in FalmouthGreat walks - Take long walks along the picturesque coastal pathRestrictions on children - Children over 12 are welcomedBoutique
A charming family-run B&B overlooking Falmouth Bay. Bright contemporary rooms are all named (and themed) after famous musicians. Original features remain with bay windows and wooden floors but the art is contemporary and colour palette unfussy. A chic base to explore this corner of Cornwall from. See More
Penventon Park Hotel Redruth (West Cornwall) 63 rooms from £109Local exploring - Well placed for exploring all of Cornwall's best bits whether you're here for the coast or inland sceneryValue chic - With standard rooms from only £109 including breakfast, Penventon is excellent value for money.Restaurant - The Copper Bar & Restaurant is open every day for breakfast lunch and dinner.Great walks - The Cornish countryside is full of great walking opportunites
Georgian Glamour meets individually designed guest rooms in the Cornish mining town of Redruth. You'll find elegant interiors which perfectly complement original features, the atmospheric bar & restaurant serving European classic dishes and a leisure club with good sized pool and range of treatments See More
Polurrian on The Lizard West Cornwall 39 rooms from £120Child friendly - Polurrian Bay Hotel has an Ofsted-registered crèche and there are indoor and outdoor play areas.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.FamiliesRestaurant - The restaurant serves delicious fresh local produce and seasonal menus. You can choose between family & fine diningRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide, I Escape
Family friendly hotel in an incredible setting with a fabulous sandy beach a stone's throw away. Breathtaking sea views can be enjoyed from the comfort of lovely, airy, bright bedrooms. Indoor and outdoor pools, a spa and gym combined with the sea air means you can't help but feel rejuvenated. See More
Talland Bay Hotel Cornwall 23 rooms from £140Back to Nature - Views of the sea and the coastal path just 2 minute walk away keeps you in touch with natureGreat walks - Miles of coastal paths can be explored right from the Talland Bay Hotel doorstepSights nearby - The Eden Project which is just 40 minutes easy driving from the hotelRestaurant - Fine dining restaurant with 2 AA rosettes or more relaxed Brasserie.Recommended by - Sawdays, Good Hotel Guide
Glorious hotel set in 2 acres of sub-tropical gardens just two minutes from the beach. Stunning interiors feature sleigh beds, funky fabrics and bedrooms that have a New England Beach House vibe. Award-winning fine dining or more relaxed Brasserie. Perfect family friendly beach-chic retreat! See More
Lewinnick Lodge Newquay (North Cornwall) 10 rooms from £145Sights nearby - The Blue Reef Aquarium and Newquay Zoo are a short driveSailing - Newquay sailing club for all your nautical needsSurfing - Newquay surf school is a great place to learnGreat walks - Ask for a map of the many coastal walks
Wake up to views of the rugged Cornish coastline. Simple yet stylish, modern rooms decorated in light palettes with modern bathroom suites to match. The beach is quite literally on your doorstep. Enjoy dinner and a drink out on the breezy terrace.This hotel is like a breath of fresh sea air. See More
Bedruthan Hotel Mawgan Porth, Cornwall 101 rooms from £159Spa breaks - Pamper yourself at the top of the range luxury spa, using all natural products and treatments — heaven!Families - With family orientated rooms, great dining options and the beach close by it's ideal for familiesEco break - A sustainable and environmentally minded hotel with an extensive responsible tourism pledgeSurfing - Put on your wet suit and get into the Atlantic Ocean for some memorable surfing time.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide
Fantastic spot overlooking the Atlantic Ocean from a family-friendly hotel. Modern interiors throughout with the comfortable rooms capturing the beach views. Herring Restaurant is Cornish throughout using locally sourced ingredients. Relax by one of the two pools, or at the spa. See More
Tolcarne Beach Colonial Rooms Newquay (North Cornwall) 9 rooms from £160Beach Life - Located directly on a beautiful stretch of private beachSurfing - The surf in Newquay is world renowned and a number of surf schools operate from the beachesRestaurant - Modern contemporary cuisine using the freshest local produce.Great walks - Take long blustery walks along the picturesque coastal path
A chic collection of beach cabins and suites set directly on a private stretch of beach. Interiors are quirky and luxurious, filled with antiques and offering indulgent bathrooms and terraces for beach views. The restaurant serves up particularly good seafood. An ideal pick for a romantic break. See More
St Mawes Hotel St Mawes (South Cornwall) 9 rooms from £185Beach Life - A lovely beach-chic coastal property only a few minutes from the beach with excellent seafood restaurant.Local exploring - Perfectly placed for exploring the beautiful south coast of Cornwall either by foot or by boat.Sights nearby - Visit Cornwall castles such as St Mawes Castle and Pendennis Castle, both within two miles.Sailing - This makes a great stopping point for a sailing holiday in Cornwall.Recommended by - Great Small Hotels , Sawdays
St Mawes Hotel is awash with charm and character and captures the nautical essence of its surroundings. The rooms are elegant and simple with crisp design features and tasteful furnishings. After a days sailing or surfing, return for some delicious seafood dishes in the restaurant. A coastal gem. See More
The Nare Cornwall 36 rooms from £290Beach Life - Situated at the Carne Beach, guests may indulge in volleyball, cricket or a short stroll by the sea. Dogs are welcome too.Local exploring - Cornwalls world famous gardens, art galleries, hidden churches are not to be missedSights nearby - The Lost gardens of Heligan and The Eden Project are worth a visitRestaurant - Two in-house restaurants for casual and formal dining