10 of the Best Luxury Hotels on Crete
If it's pampering you seek, look no further than Greece's largest island, Crete. Crete has the greatest concentration of ultra-luxurious hotels in Greece, most of them on and around the Elounda peninsula, about an hour east of the capital, Heraklion, and its airport. The best luxury hotels on Crete range from hip and happening havens of fun to romantic, or relaxing escapes.
And once you’re checked into your choice of best luxury hotels on Crete, you have this wonderful island to explore, if you want to: from the spectacular scenery of rugged mountains and perfect seas, to the ancient relics. Of you could just use your choice of the best luxury hotels on Crete as a base for flopping on one of the island’s superb beaches in the reliably scorching sunshine…
Please bear in mind that many of the best luxury hotels on Crete close between November and Greek Easter.
10 of the Best Luxury Hotels on Crete
The Best Luxury Hotel Escapes on Crete
- The Elounda Bay Palace is a huge luxury beach resort, totally insulated from the outside world by beautiful gardens. The beaches are lovely too.
- Or you could indulge in a well known celebrity hideout, the Elounda Beach Hotel & Villas, which is also known for its fabulous location and facilities and collection of private beaches and screening rooms.
Best Luxury Beach Hotels on Crete
- The Out of the Blue Capsis Elite is a beach resort on a private peninsular encompassing five hotels, each of them different, so there are plenty of suites and private villas with pools and seven restaurants to choose from.
- For something a little more elegant, but still with a private beach, an award-winning spa and fine dining, try the Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa.
Crete's Most Romantic Luxury Hotels
- The Elounda Gulf Villas and Suites is a pleasingly small collection of villas, serviced hotel style, with a personal touch and benefiting from spectacular views.
The Best Luxury Hotels on Crete to Help you Relax
- At the Nana Princess in Hersonissos the main aim is to ensure complete relaxation for all its guests. To this end it has superb tailor-made services and spa facilities that are hard to beat, plus private sandy beach and luxurious accommodation, most options with a private pool.
- The Amirandes is a big, new designer retreat with excellent facilities, a top spa, five restaurants and a location which is a short dash from the airport, so it’s perfect for short breaks.
- Another large, but relaxing resort, the Minoa Palace Resort and Spa is a great option on North Western Crete. It’s also great value for its facilities.
The Best Luxury Hotels on Crete for Fun!
- The St Nicolas Bay Resort Hotel and Villas, is a low rise resort surrounded by lush gardens all the way to the ocean. Rooms are large and there are excellent views.
- Or you could stay in Agios Nikolaos itself, at the Minos Beach Art Hotel, which is a pretty sanctuary close to the nightlife and action.
- If you’re looking for fun you’ll also find it at the Aldemar Royal Mare Village and Thalasso, a modern beach resort with all the facilities you can imagine, four pool, countless private villas and a good spa.
If you can’t find your idea of the best luxury hotels on Crete on our Guru’s list of 10 then you could:
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay on Crete?
- Or refine your search to just the best places to stay in Chania? or the best places to stay in Heraklion? or the best places to stay in Heraklion?
- Or you could refine your search to our Guru's recommendations for 12 of Crete's Best Beach Hotels? or 15 of the Best Spa Hotels on Crete?
- Or you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
10 of the Best Luxury Hotels on Crete
Nana Princess Hersonissos 112 rooms from £398Spa - There is a modern spa & wellness centre offering indoor pool, holistic therapies and beauty treatments.Swimming Pool - Two large outdoor pools, plus almost every suite has its own private heated poolDiving - Scubakreta Diving CentreViews - Stunning seaviews
A stunning contemporary five star resort that will leave you wanting for nothing! Luxurious rooms, suites and villas - most with private heated pools - boast stunning views and top notch amenities. Three fine dining restaurants, state of the art spa, private sandy beach. A spoiling beach treat! See More
Out of the Blue Capsis Elite Heraklion, Crete 490 rooms from £172Families - With Capsis Minoan Amusement Park, playground and supervised pool the kids stay happy and everybody gets a holiday!Beach Life - Set on its private peninsula in Agia Pelagia, with access to three beaches and a huge array of watersports.Elegant - in design, style and pace and service.Fishing - Fly fishing equipment and lessons are avialble.Recommended by - Kiwi Collection
Amirandes Anissaras 205 rooms from £215Spa breaks - Signature treatments using organic plants and extracts from Crete’s rare herbs and Ayurvedic therapies by Indian therapists.Fishing - Spend a relaxing day at sea on one of the local fishing excursions.Sights nearby - The Minoan Palace of Knossos is approx 9 miles away.Swimming Pool - Indoor, outdoor and private poolsRecommended by - Kiwi Collection
Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Elounda 251 rooms from £200Honeymoons - This is honeymoon stuff- blue skies, crystal clear waters, indulgent spa, luxury accomadation and sunset cruises.Spa breaks - Combining the benefits of Thalassotherapy with the commitment to luxury and personal attention.Sailing - Take a romantic sunset cruise around the coast, sip on Champagne and admire the starlite skies.Cooking classes - Learn how to cook your favourite dishes on the menu from the world class Greek chef.Recommended by - Kiwi Collection
Elounda Bay Palace Elounda 152 rooms from £180Families - The young ones are kept happy with loads of activities at the kids club and playground, while parents get time to relax.Active Holiday - Never a dull moment with mini golf, billiards, darts, tennis, scuba diving, sailing, waterskiing, fishing and more!Sailing - Either charter your own boat or take a skipper, and set sail directly from the hotel.Swimming Pool - Indoor and outdoor pool.Recommended by - Kiwi Collection
Impressive luxury resort, totally insulated from the outside world in semi-tropical gardens. Large rooms offer mountain views or sea views from the large glass windows. Suites have private pools. An epic choice of restaurants and bars. Lovely beaches, ideal for a romantic break or family holiday. See More
Elounda Beach Hotel & Villas Elounda 204 rooms from £217Weddings - Overlooking the deep blue Mirabello Bay, this is a fairytale location for a wedding, plus the property has its own chapel.Total relaxation - With palatial suites, private pools, pampering spa, and unbeatable service you are sure to leave relaxed and refreshed.5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Sailing - The resort will happily arrange boat trips to the surrounding islands.Recommended by - Kiwi Collection
Elounda Gulf Villas and Suites Elounda 45 rooms from £338Spa breaks - Spa villas have their own sauna, steam bath, and gym, while the Elexir Spa Gallery offers a whole range of expert treatments.Honeymoons - Wonderfully intimate and romantic, with secluded private gardens and pools, and butlers bringing you juice each morning!Families - Trust the team of professionals from the kids club to keep the kids happy and allow for parents to truly relax.Sailing - Sailing, motor boating and yachting are available at the hotel, an ideal romantic day trip.Recommended by - I Escape, Kiwi Collection, Small Luxury Hotels
St Nicolas Bay Resort Hotel and Villas Agios Nikolaos, Crete 107 rooms from £226Romantic Break - Spoil yourselves with chartered yachts, tandem massages, chic rooms, five on site restaurants plus cocktial bar and beach bar.Total relaxation - Totally unwind with relaxing Poseidon Spa face and body therapies, sauna, Hammam, jacuzzi and cocktails!Sailing - Explore untouched beaches and coves in the hotel's 34-foot sailing boat.Full of character - The retro 60's look adds an element of "cool"Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Kiwi Collection, Small Luxury Hotels
Low-rise garden resort with immaculate seaside grounds. Rooms with floaty linen curtains have excellent sea views from their large glass windows. Suites and private villas have personal pools. A good selection of bars and restaurants. Explore the surrounding islands or simply lie back and relax. See More
Minos Beach Art Hotel Agios Nikolaos, Crete 129 rooms from £148Honeymoons - A haven of tranquility with private villas with mountian and sea views, spoiling massages and haute cuisine overlooking the bay.Beach Life - Set directly on the crystal clear waters, indulge in diving, sailing, fishing or simply basking on the stunning beaches.Sailing - Venture out in the hotel's motorboat around the bay or day cruises to Spinalonga and Mochlos.Sights nearby - Archaeological Museum of Agios NikolaosRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
Set in an out-of-this-world location right on the Cretan seafront. A collection of understated luxury rooms and bungalows elegantly decorated with simple white walls, furnishings and minimalist artworks. Excellent mediterranean dishes are served up in the restaurants. Ideal for totally relaxing. See More
Aldemar Royal Mare Village and Thalasso Anissaras (Crete) 385 rooms from £117Romantic Break - Fine dining and sunset walks hand in hand meet luxorious suites with private plunge pools, plush beds and romantic sea views.Cooking classes - Resident chef George Hatzopoulos gives free weekly cooking classes on traditional Cretian food.Kids Club - Mini club for kids, swimming and all sorts of activites ages 4-12.Swimming Pool - Indoor
A vast contemporary beach resort with all the trimmings, lush grounds, four pools and private beach area. Rooms mirror the outdoors, blue and breezy, some suites come with terraces and pools. Enjoy the many dining options, good spa and lots of activities - tennis, water sports and nearby nightlife. See More
Minoa Palace Resort and Spa Chania, Crete 254 rooms from £130Families - Parents chill by the pool while the youngsters make the most of the kids club, childrens playground and entertainment staff.Total relaxation - Relax to the max with hot tub, hammam, sauna, aromatherapy treatments and hot stone massages.Swimming Pool - Luxury Indoor and outdoor poolsLively - Hip and happening.