Lake Garda's 10 Best B&Bs
Some people love to get lost in a large hotel, but some love the cosy intimacy of a bed and breakfast. B&Bs are great places to meet locals and other travellers, and they’re often very well priced. If you love to stay where everyone knows your name then our Guru’s list of Lake Garda’s 10 best B&Bs is the perfect place for you to start looking for your Lake Garda accommodation.
Instead of grouping their Lake Garda B&B recommendations by place our Gurus have chosen Lake Garda’s best B&Bs for families - those with added child-friendly extras: cots, highchairs, family rooms or adjoining rooms; they’ve chosen Lake Garda’s best B&Bs for couples - with peaceful surroundings, private terraces and spectacular lake views; Lake Garda’s best B&Bs for great value, and Lake Garda’s best B&Bs for those of you looking for idyllic Lake Garda views from the privacy of your own room. Sigh.
Lake Garda’s 10 Best B&Bs
For a room with a view
- On the hill above Gardone Riviera, Dimora Bolsone is a stylish, ten room B&B in a converted medieval manor house. Quiet and secluded, you get views over the whole area from the house’s position above the town, plus there’s a lovely garden and simple rooms with nice antiques and objets.
- Sirmione’s Il Mosaico B&B is a six room, adults only B&B set just back from the lake. There’s comfortable, contemporary decor, air conditioning, wifi and plenty of parking, and all for around £55 per night.
Lake Garda’s Best Value B&Bs
- The B&B Big Sur in Gardone Riviera, is in the hills, just above Lake Garda, and has three simple, but stylish rooms. Perfect for families and groups. Rooms start from £50 per night.
- The Garni Gianmartin in Limone is a seven room B&B on the main square, just minutes from the beach. The rooms are simple and comfortable, and all have lake views. The suites have their own private terraces as well. The breakfasts are hearty, and the rooms, with breakfasts, start from around £70 per night.
- The Vivere Suites are a sleek collection of six contemporary ground floor suites, all with private gardens and kitchenettes. There’s a spa and pool onsite and there’s plenty of facilities for outdoor adventures close by.
- La Finestra Sul Fiume is a rustic, five room B&B set on the side of a river, between Lake Garda and Verona. This peaceful stone cottage has whitewashed walls and exposed beams, plus romantic terraces.
- In Gardone Riviera, the Villa Vittoria is a graceful villa set amongst palm trees. There are eight large bedrooms, with chic, white interiors, beamed ceilings and Persian rugs. There’s also communal living and dining areas. Rooms start from around £70 per night.
- For around £5 per night more, you can stay in La Dimora del Garda, in Sirmione: a simple, sophisticated house with four comfortable, air conditioned rooms and an airy communal breakfast rom. Each room has a small outdoor terrace.
- The B&B Loggia Marti is a beautiful 17th Century house in the heart of Gargnano, with four rooms offering a clever mix of period and contemporary features. A perfect home-from-home style property in an easy-access location.
- The Villa San Pietro is a spacious B&B right in the heart of medieval Montichiari. There are just three rooms, but they’re each very spacious and individually decorated with antiques and family heirlooms, plus there’s a very warm welcome and plenty of activities on offer. Room start from around £70 per night.
Still not sure?
- You could expand your search to include all the best places to stay on Lake Garda?
- Or refine your search to the best hotels with a view on Lake Garda? of the Best Budget hotels on Lake Garda?
- Or you could refine your search by destination, and consider only the best places to stay in Sirmione, or the best places to stay in Gardone Riviera?
- Or you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Lake Garda’s 10 Best B&Bs
Villa Vittoria Gardone Riviera (Lake Garda) 8 rooms from £138Local exploring - Situated right on Lake Garda with easy access to the art cities of Brescia, Verona, Mantua and VeniceTotal relaxation - Sunbathe on the jetty with a good book before diving into the lake for a cool-offRomantic Break - Elegant rooms and a beautiful lakeside setting add up to a romantic treatSailing - Sailing on Lake Garda
This graceful villa set in a garden of palm trees and neat lakeside lawns has modern, elegant accommodation. Eight large bedrooms, with chic white interiors, beamed ceilings, & wooden floors dotted with persian rugs. Spacious living areas and communal breakfast. A stylish stay and good for groups. See More
Dimora Bolsone Gardone Riviera 10 rooms from £248Romantic Break - Pools with a view, romantic al fresco dining and gorgeous suitesSights nearby - Next door to Vittoriale Degli Italiani, the last magnificent home of poet Gabriele DíAnnunzioGreat walks - Maps available. Walks suitable for all from gentle strolls to more adventurous hikes.Views - View over Lake GardaRecommended by - Michelin Travel
Vivere Suites Arco 6 rooms from £239Active Holiday - In a quiet spot yet with easy access to cultural attractions as well as sailing and watersports opportunitiesRomantic Break - Each suite has a private garden and terrace, ideal for couples looking for privacySwimming Pool - With panoramic viewsViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Tablet, I Escape, Mr & Mrs Smith
A sleek collection of ground floor suites with private gardens and kitchenettes close to Lake Garda. Contemporary rooms, excellent spa and pool, yoga, cycling and great restaurants close by. A great spot for total relaxation and outdoor activities for families or honeymooners. See More
Garni Gianmartin Limone (Lake Garda) 7 rooms from £103Back to Nature - Located overlooking Lake Garda and the surrounding mountains, this is a superb escape to natureActive Holiday - Find a wide range of activities to choose from including sailing, hiking and mountain bikingSights nearby - Visit the historic town of VeronaViews - All bedrooms have a lake view
Located on the main square in a quiet village, this small B&B with lake views is just minutes from the beach. Bedrooms are simple and comfortable, suites have terraces with a view. Store bikes in the garage or rent them on site. Hearty breakfasts before a day of outdoor exploring. Great value too. See More
Villa San Pietro Montichiari (Lombardy) 3 rooms from £87Sights nearby - Right in the centre of mediaeval Montichiari and only 20mins from Lake GardaCooking classes - Learn the art of traditional Italian cuisine from owner AnnaSwimming Pool - There is an olympic sized pool just 2 mins walk awayLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Sawdays
Charming B&B in the centre of mediaeval Montichiari. Three spacious rooms are all individually decorated and feature antiques which have been in the family for years! Expect a warm welcome and loads of activities from ping pong to cookery classes. A real Italian home from home. See More
La Dimora del Garda Colombare di Sirmione 4 rooms from £78Value chic - This part of the world is not cheap, and here you have great value and plenty of styleLocal exploring - Whether by bike or on foot, Lake Garda and its attractions are moments awayGreat walks - Enjoy walks in the surrounding hillsSailing - Hire a boat and explore Lake Garda
This simple and sophisticated house has been recently renovated and offers four comfortable air conditioned rooms and an airy communal breakfast room. Each of the bedrooms also have a small private outdoor terrace area with table and chairs. A great spot for families looking to explore Lake Garda. See More
Il Mosaico B&B Colombare di Sirmione 6 rooms from £80Value chic - Modern, luxurious accommodation at a steal of a priceRomantic Break - Adults only hotel makes it ideal for visiting couplesLocal exploring - Great central location for exploring on footRestrictions on children - Children are not permitted at this hotel
Slightly set back from the Lake Garda waterfront, Il Mosaico offers good value accommodation ideal for those looking to explore the area by car. Comfortable, air conditioned bedrooms are striking in moody palettes with all the mod cons. Includes free Wifi and plenty of private parking. See More
B&B Loggia Marti Gargnano (Lake Garda) 4 rooms from £78Active Holiday - There are loads of outdoors activities in the area from walking and cycling to watersports on the lakeLocal exploring - The property is ideally located for exploring the gorgeous Lake GardaGreat walks - Parco regionale dell'Alto Garda BrescianoSights nearby - Visit Verona for the day
A gorgeous seventeenth-century house in the heart of a tiny village made of narrow alleys and olive groves overlooking Lake Garda. The four bedrooms are clever mix of contemporary design and period features. A grown up, great value, laid back home from home, ideal for exploring the region. See More
La Finestra Sul Fiume Valeggio Sul Mincio, Lake Garda 5 rooms from £121Back to Nature - Nestled between the Mincio river and Lake Garda, this is a a scenic spot for an escape to natureGroups - With just four rooms this is a great option to rent out in its entiretyTotal relaxationSailing - Hire a boat and spend the day cruising across Lake GardaRecommended by - I Escape, Sawdays
A rustic B&B in a magical riverside setting between Verona and Lake Garda. A stone building houses 5 lovely rooms with wooden beams and whitewashed walls. Enchanting terraces dotted around the property soak up the sun. A great choice for rural romance, nature lovers or families. See More
B&B Big Sur Gardone Riviera 3 rooms from £74Less £ - With doubles from as little as €60 per night including breakfast, it is exceptional value for money.Active Holiday - The property is home to hang-gliding and para-gliding schoolsSights nearby - Visit Verona for the dayLakeside - Lake Garda
A charming bed and breakfast in the hills above Lake Garda. Three simple, stylish, homely bedrooms (one with shared bathroom). Great for families or groups of friends. Lots of outdoor activities nearby and just a short drive to the Lake. A great value hideaway off the beaten track. See More