- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
The Best Budget Hotels on Lake Garda
Italy’s spectacular lakes are known for being as glamorous as they are beautiful, so it may seem an unlikely place to be considering a low cost holiday. Actually Lake Garda is a great spot for keeping costs low. Verona is a 15mile bus ride from the lake, and plenty of low cost airlines fly there, so then it’s just a matter of choosing the best budget hotels on Lake Garda, and our Gurus have done that work for you.
Their recommendations for the best budget hotels on Lake Garda include special suggestions for families, foodies and those looking for a romantic, but inexpensive break. Then you just have to fill your time and that’s easily done! The lake itself is a wonderful playground, with lovely towns and villages dotted around it - easily zipped to by ferry. There are castles, groves of citrus fruits and olives, mountains to hike as well as the shore and plenty of local sights worth a look-in. You’ll also find a wealth of options when it comes to meals, with plenty of inexpensive but delicious pizza, pasta and local wine on the menu.
The Best Budget Lake Garda Hotels
With Great Views
- Hotel Gardenia Al Lago, is located just outside Gargnano and boasts a wonderful lakeside position affording panoramic views of both Lake Garda and the mountains beyond. It offers great value in its classically styled rooms, with prices starting at €100 per night including breakfast for a standard double.
- Hotel Castello in Malcesine is a small, contemporary hotel right by the side of the lake. Some rooms have private balconies overlooking the water, there’s lovely terrace and restaurant, and guests have their own private beach. Romantic but also family friendly. Rooms start from around £100 per night.
- Gardesana, in the pretty fishing village of Torri del Benaco, has 34 simple, comfortable rooms, great views and excellent food. It’s also wonderful value, with room starting from under £100 per night, and it’s quite romantic.
- Hotel du Lac is a charming 19th century Venetian style villa (right beside the lake) with just twelve rooms each classically decorated with period furnishings, and all mod cons. There's a roof terrace for soaking up the views and a gorgeous, romantic lakeside dining terrace which virtually floats abvove the water. Standard doubles start at €110 per night B&B.
- Originally built for the imperial family, the Grand Hotel Fasano in Gardone Riviera is an historic grand hotel in a privileged lakeside position. The architecture is romantic with fairytale turrets and lovely details, but its private terraces, pebbly beach, spa and tennis courts mean it’s also a good choice for families. The 76 rooms start from around £100 per night.
- The AQVA Boutique Hotel in Sirmione is a calm, modernist hotel with 18 neutral-shaded rooms, a peaceful garden and a small jetty. You’re just 600 metres from from Scaligero Castle and within a short stroll of Sirmione’s thermal baths. Rooms from around £100 per night.
- Salò’s Hotel Laurin, a stunning hotel with 30 rooms and suites, is right on the shores of Lake Garda. Converted from an elegant 20th Century villa, guests can expect parquet floors, frescoes and Art Nouveau furniture. There’s also a lovely pool in shady gardens and an excellent restaurant.
- The Garni Gianmartin in Limone is a seven room B&B on the main square, just minutes from the beach. The rooms are simple and comfortable and the suites have their own private terraces with lovely views. The breakfasts are hearty, and the rooms, with breakfasts, start from around £70 per night.
- The Villa Vittoria in Gardone Riviera is a graceful villa set amongst palm trees. There are eight large bedrooms, with chic, white interiors, beamed ceilings and Persian rugs. There’s also communal living and dining areas. Rooms start from around £70 per night.
- For around £5 more a night you can stay in La Dimora del Garda, in Sirmione, a simple, sophisticated house with four comfortable, air conditioned rooms and an airy communal breakfast room. Each room has a small outdoor terrace.
- The Osteria Antico Brolo in Gardone Riviera is a gorgeous restaurant with four chic, all-white rooms and suites you can stay in. Private and comfortable, and very good value, with rooms starting from a a bargain £60 per night.
- Also in Gardone Riviera, the Locanda Agli Angeli is a similar offering, a charming restaurant with nine romantic rooms - some with four-poster beds. The decor is simple, think whitewashed walls and exposed beams. And there’s a small pool. Rooms start from around £70 per night.
Still not sure which of our Guru’s recommendations for the best budget Lake Garda hotels might be perfect for you?
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay on Lake Garda,
- refine your search to the best hotels with a view on Lake Garda,
- or refine by destination, and consider only the best places to stay in Sirmione, or the best places to stay in Gardone Riviera,
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Hotel du Lac, Gargnano 12 rooms from £105Villa di Gargnano
A charming family owned and run small hotel overlooking Lake Garda, just outside Gargnano. The twelve rooms (six with lake view and balcony) are traditional in style and feature period furnishings and antiques that perfectly complement the 19th century building. A welcoming understated stay.Local exploring - Gargnano is a great base for exploring all of Lake GardaLakeside - Right on the shores of Lake GardaGreat walks - There are lots of paths for walkers of all abilities and once a week the hotel hosts a guided excursionSpa - Wellness treatments can be booked at the sister hotel Gardenia al Lago
Hotel Gardenia al Lago 25 rooms from £105Villa di Gargnano
An elegant villa overlooking Lake Garda. Edwardian style rooms with antiques, frescoes, views and all the mod cons. Sun terrace, beach and Italian dishes. Exquisite views across the lake, and lots of activities nearby. An understated but very romantic choice for a weekend of exploring.Active Holiday - Activities on the lake: sailing, diving, kayaking. On dry land, choice of walking tours and riding, plus fishing in Lake GardaSights nearby - Boat trips to Bogliaco, Palazzo Bettoni, Gargnano, Palazzo Feltrinelli, Villa Feltrinelli, and the Santella dei Pescatori.Great walks - Hundreds of paths; slope up to San Valentino Hermitage; Santelle tour; D.H. Lawerence tracksSailing - Historic Gargano's Sailing Club; Garda Yachting CharterRecommended by - Sawdays
Hotel Castello 36 rooms from £107Malcesine
A small contemporary hotel on the edge of Lake Garda. Contemporary chic rooms, some with private balconies overlooking the lake. Excellent restaurant and terrace and its own private pebble beach with deck chairs. An good value spot for a romantic holiday, family friendly too.Views - Stunning lake views.Value chicSailing - Can be booked nearby.Diving - Good diving nearby.
Hotel Laurin 30 rooms from £123Salò
A stunning hotel on the shore of Lake Garda. Rooms and suites in a 20th century villa are elegant, with parquet floors and all mod cons. Frescoes and art nouveau furniture. Excellent authentic cuisine, pool and shady gardens. An idyllic choice, and perfect for a family holiday.Foodies - Garda Food and Wine Trail & Strada dei Vini e Sapori del Garda: visits to about 100 producers (wineries, oil mills, cheeses).Families - Swimming and Lake Garda to explore by boat. Many child friendly sights in the area, such as movie studio and safari parkSights nearby - Salò, Gardone Riviera, Toscolano Maderno, Gargnano and Limone del GardaViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - CN Traveller
Grand Hotel Fasano 76 rooms from £211Gardone Riviera
An historic grand hotel originally built for the imperial family. Its privileged lakeside position and romantic architecture make it the ideal spot for a honeymoon or romantic holiday. Fairytale turrets, terraces, private pebble beach, spa, tennis court and sumptuous rooms. Heavenly.Romantic - You couldn't stay in a more fairytale setting on the lake's edge.Views - Stunning views over the lake.Lakeside - On the edge of Lake Garda.Romantic Break
Gardesana 34 rooms from £96Torri del Benaco
Excellent food and comfortable, simple rooms in Garda's showpiece fishing village. Perfectly positioned in a charming little port, it's a very romantic spot for a good value break. Homely and ideal for local exploring.Local exploring - Central location perfect for exploring Lake Garda and its surroundsFishing - Fishing excursions nearbySights nearby - Verona 40 minutes driveSailing - Sailing on offer nearby
Villa Vittoria 8 rooms from £75Gardone Riviera (Lake Garda)
This graceful villa set in a garden of palm trees and neat lakeside lawns has modern, elegant accommodation. Eight large bedrooms, with chic white interiors, beamed ceilings, & wooden floors dotted with persian rugs. Spacious living areas and communal breakfast. A stylish stay and good for groups.Local exploring - A stylish base from which to explore Lake GardaSailing - Sailing on Lake GardaSurfing - Kite SurfingViews - Great views from hotel
AQVA Boutique Hotel 18 rooms from £105Sirmione
The hotel offers relaxing rooms filled with calming natural palettes. Modernist design, private balconies and a peaceful garden with a small jetty. Enjoy lunch on the terrace or cocktails at the sun loungers. Organise exciting day trips and fine dining restaurants with the hotel concierge.Local exploring - Just 600m from Scaligero Castle and within walking distance of Sirmione’s thermal bathsTotal relaxation - The hotel boasts its own stretch of private beachRestrictions on children - Must be arranged with the hotelViews - Wonderful views over the lake
La Dimora del Garda 4 rooms from £79Colombare di Sirmione
This simple and sophisticated house has been recently renovated and offers four comfortable air conditioned rooms and an airy communal breakfast room. Each of the bedrooms also have a small private outdoor terrace area with table and chairs. A great spot for families looking to explore Lake Garda.Value chic - This part of the world is not cheap, and here you have great value and plenty of styleLocal exploring - Whether by bike or on foot, Lake Garda and its attractions are moments awayGreat walks - Enjoy walks in the surrounding hillsSailing - Hire a boat and explore Lake Garda
Osteria Antico Brolo 4 rooms from £61Gardone Riviera
Gorgeous restaurant with rooms in Gardone Riviera. Enter through a charming courtyard with arched stone gateways and traditional oak doors. Chic all-white bedrooms and suites with exposed beams complemented with period furnishings. Eat delicious dinners at the on site osteria. A perfect base!Value chic - Seriously good value with standard rooms from only €70 per night B&B.Local exploring - A chic base for exploring Gardone Riviera and Lake GardaSailing - Spend a day sailing on Lake GardaSights nearby - The town of Gardone Riviera
Locanda Agli Angeli 9 rooms from £70Gardone Riviera
Charming restaurant with rooms near to Lake Garda. Romantic bedrooms have four poster beds, white linens, wooden beams, and white washed walls. The restaurant serves excellent local food and there's also a small pool. Excellent value, family friendly.Value chicFour poster beds - For romantics.Views - Great views from hotelTraditional
Garni Gianmartin 7 rooms from £75Limone (Lake Garda)
Located on the main square in a quiet village, this small B&B with lake views is just minutes from the beach. Bedrooms are simple & comfortable, suites have terraces with a view. Store bikes in the garage or rent them on site. Hearty breakfasts before a day of outdoor exploring. Great value too.Value chic - With rooms from as little as €86 per night including breakfast, it's excellent value for money.Local exploring - Ideally located for exploring the gorgeous Lake GardaSights nearby - Visit the historic town of VeronaViews - All bedrooms have a lake view