- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
- ✓ Save time, save money
The Best Hotels in the Latin Quarter, Paris
Home to the Sorbonne and the Panthéon, Paris’s Latin Quarter was traditionally where the intellectuals hung out. Still known for its student population, today’s Latin Quarter is a lively spot with plenty of cafes, bars and bistros, a number of excellent museums, narrow streets, a botanical gardens and a great atmosphere. Plus it’s very well situated for shopping and sightseeing.Straddling the 5th and 6th Arrondissements our selection of the best hotels in the Latin Quarter, Paris ranges from the cheerful and traditional Hotel Degrés de Notre Dame to the elegant Villa d'Estrees.
Best hotels in the Latin Quarter for boutique chic
- For spectacular views and a designer interior one of the best hotels in the Latin Quarter has to be the Notre Dame Hotel. It’s got stunning views over one of Paris's most famous landmarks, coupled with retro-modern interiors by Christian Lacroix.
- The Villa d'Estrees is another modern boutique choice, with just ten, elegant bedrooms decorated in a French Empire style. This is also one of the best hotels in the Latin Quarter for families - especially for families who appreciate a little style.
For traditional style
- If you’re looking for something more traditional one of the best hotels in the Latin Quarter might be the Hotel d'Aubusson, a period feeling 17th century property arranged around a large courtyard. Smart and well run, this 50 room hotel is full of character, from the solid oak porte-cochere dating back to the 1600s to the Grand Salon.
- Another more traditional choice is Relais Christine is an elegant hotel, not far from the banks of the Seine, with lovely gardens and an excellent buffet breakfast. There are 51 rooms and the decor varies from modern elegance to more traditional luxury.
Best hotels in the Latin Quarter on a budget
- It’s not easy to find a great value hotel in the thick of Paris’s action, but the Hotel Degrés de Notre Dame is certainly worth a look if you’re looking for the best hotels in the Latin Quarter and you’re on a budget. It has a superb auberge style restaurant and ten, charming bedrooms, including some with great views over Notre Dame. The attic bedroom is the best, but there’s no lift…
- You might also try the Grand Hotel des Balcons which is a larger, 45 room hotel, converted from a 19th Century townhouse. Rooms come in a variety of sizes, ranging from singles to family suites, starting from around only £80 per night.
If you haven’t spotted your idea of the best hotel in the Latin Quarter on our list, then try expanding your search to include the neighbouring best hotels in St Germain des Pres, or have a look at our complete guide to the best places to stay in Paris.
Hotel Les Degrés de Notre Dame 10 rooms from £96Paris
Charming bedrooms for great value make this a sought-after base in the Latin Quarter, with views over Notre Dame. Large attic room has best views, suitable for families. Traditional French breakfast to kick start the day of exploring. A local find full of character and antiques.Sights nearby - Notre Dame is within walking distance.Views - Of Notre Dame, best from attic suite.Full of characterTraditionalRecommended by - Fodors
Notre Dame 26 rooms from £141Paris
Spectacular views of Notre Dame from Christian Lacroix’s latest design hotel, in a 400 year old townhouse on the riverside. Rooms are decorated in retro-modern style, fantastical and fun. No restaurant, but a great position.City Style - A wonderfully chic hotel in central Paris, offering funky interiors and unbeatable views of the Seine and Notre Dame.Sights nearby - Having admired it from your room visit the Notre-Dame Cathedral for real.Great walks - Take a stroll along the banks of the Seine.Designer - Interiors by Christian Lacroix.Recommended by - Tablet
Villa d'Estrees 10 rooms from £282Paris
Elegant boutique hotel in the heart of the Latin Quarter. Just 10 spacious bedrooms, intimate and calm, decorated in traditional style with a French empire twist. Well located, would suit families.Sights nearby - The Louvre and Notre Dame both within walking distance.Traditional
Relais Christine 27 rooms from £307Paris
A truly elegant hotel in a peaceful area not too far from the banks of the Seine. Tasteful rooms, family rooms, and suites with traditional furnishings and all the mod cons. Lovely gardens and excellent buffet breakfasts. A great choice for a family or couple looking for total relaxation.Local markets - Good for local colour.SpaTraditionalSights nearby - Well located for major sights.Recommended by - Tablet, Small Luxury Hotels, Fodors
Hotel d'Aubusson 49 rooms from £325Paris
17th-Century honey-stone townhouse turned luxury hotel. Ideally situated on the Left Bank of the Seine, this period-style hotel is smart and well run. Comfortable rooms are decked with quality furnishings and exposed beams. Enjoy a drink at the Piano Bar or on the quiet patio.Writing a novel - Café Laurent has been the gathering place for literary giants (Sartre, de Beauvoir, and Camus) since the eighteenth century.Total relaxation - Shed the stress of the Paris streets with a massage in the comfort of your plush room, or read a book in the leafy courtyard.Local exploring - The heart of cultural Paris, surrounded by famous cafes frequented by all the greats, museums and show stopping shopping!Sights nearby - A scenic ten minute walk towards the river brings you to Notre Dame Cathedral, a Paris must see!Recommended by - Frommers, Fodors
Grand Hotel des Balcons 45 rooms from £123Paris
Charming 19th century Parisian townhouse with friendly service and delicious breakfasts. Various room types - singles, twins, and family suites - to suit families, groups, and couples. A family oriented spot and great value for money.FamiliesSights nearby - A stone's throw from the Luxembourg Gardens and only 10 mins on foot to Notre DameLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Sawdays