Best hotels near Praça do Comércio
Praça do Comércio is Lisbon's grandest square. Overlooking the Tagus River and flanked by impressive canary yellow buildings it is a good place to start any trip to Lisbon. A statue of King Jose I stands in the centre of the square and two towers sit at each end, a feature which nods to the royal palace that used to be situated on this site before the 1755 earthquake. Centrally located the surrounding districts house superb restaurants, cafes and bars making this one of Lisbon's most sought after areas. The best hotels near Praça do Comércio lie in the Bairro Alto, Alfama and Chiado districts.
Best hotels near Praça do Comércio
- Pousada de Lisboa offers elegant contemporary rooms featuring chandeliers, dark polished parquet flooring and crisp white linens. Dine on excellent cuisine in the atmospheric restaurant complete with vaulted ceiling. A superb base for city exploring.
- AlmaLusa is an understatedly luxurious hotel, tucked away in a central but quiet square, oozes calm and chic. Original features of the 18th-century building are combined with a cool, monochrome palette, and a modern concierge service.
- Lisboa Carmo Hotel is a delightful low-key hotel with sky blue stucco facade situated in the hilltop, historic neighbourhood of Chiado. Simple, elegant bedrooms offer views over the Old Town and the Tagus river and there's a charming old-fashioned restaurant too.
- LX Boutique Hotel is set in a townhouse with a bold blue-and-white colour scheme. Contemporary styled rooms have stunning river views. Well-placed for enjoying the city’s best sights and nightlife. Plush rooms, a superb restaurant and an unbeatable location all combine to create a formidable hotel.
- Bairro Alto Hotel is a contemporary boutique hotel with minimalist interiors and a warm ambience. Rooms have white washed walls, frescoes of birds and wooden floors. Sweeping views of Lisbon and the Tagus River from the roof terrace make this a stylish city break.
- Martinhal Chiado is a stylish hotel, perfect for family centred fun. Set in a beautiful townhouse, the suites are superbly designed maximising space, light and comfort. A well equipped kids club will have the kids distracted for hours, whilst parents can explore the city.
- The Lisboans offers impeccably designed apartments featuring a great balance of thoughtfully sourced artisanal and contemporary pieces, and upcycled or vintage furniture. The effect is a sophisticated home-away-from-home.
- Memmo Alfama is tucked away in the higgledy-piggledy streets of Alfama. Designer-cool and surprisingly large with a rooftop pool and stunning views. Rooms are bright and chic and all offer private balconies.
- 9 Mercy is a cutting-edge hotel boasting seriously slick design. The rooms are luxurious, complete with dim lighting and black and gold detail. Expertly crafted cocktails are served on the rooftop bar overlooking Lisbon's colourful landscape. A stylish urban base.
- Solar dos Mouros is an extremely attractive B&B with breathtaking views from the castle rampart over the city and the river. Colourfully decorated with walls covered in African art work. A perfect getaway for a weekend exploring.
- Teatro B&B is located between the districts of Bairro Alto and Chiado. It offers contemporary Parisian-style decor with dramatic artwork adorning the walls.
- Le Consulat offers elegant apartments and suites in the cultured Chiado neighbourhood of Lisbon. The individually styled suites feature work by local contemporary artists plus bespoke furniture and unique design pieces. A chic and stylish city bolt-hole.
Pousada de Lisboa Lisbon (Santa Maria Maior) 90 rooms from £256City Style - Housed in an opulent 18th-century sunflower-yellow Pombaline building, bursting with character, style and indulgent decadence.Local exploring - Well posisitioned within walking distance to many of the cities' major attractions.Full of character - Elegant decor in the best of traditional style, chandeliers add glamour maintaining the palacial grandeur.Sights nearby - Visit the ancient cathedral or the Church of St Anthony just a short walk from the hotel.Recommended by - Small Luxury Hotels, Tablet
An impressive Pousada boasting a fabulous central location. Elegant contemporary rooms feature chandeliers, dark polished parquet flooring and crisp white linens. Dine on excellent cuisine in the atmospheric restaurant complete with vaulted ceiling. A superb base for city exploring. See More
AlmaLusa Lisbon 28 rooms from £196Romantic Break - Superb accommodation, excellent cuisine and one of Europe's most romantic cities on your doorstep-the ideal choice!Local exploring - Situated in the heart of Lisbon, Alma Lusa is the perfect base from which to get to know the cityLocal markets - Check out the TimeOut market, a unique food and cultural experience created by the magazine's editorial curationGreat walks - Meander through the iconic narrow sloping streets of Bairo Alto getting a feel for Lisbon's ambianceRecommended by - Tablet
Lisboa Carmo Hotel, Lisbon Lisbon 45 rooms from £130Suites - Room 503 on the top floor is the most spacious with a free standing bath and views of St George's CastleFoodies - The Maria do Carmo bistro serves excellent tapas and Portuguese specailities with tables outisdeHistoric - The district of Chaido goes back to Roman times and houses two beautiful Baroque churchesCity Style - Offering that perfect blend of traditional and contemporary interiors
Delightful low-key hotel with sky blue stucco facade situated in the hilltop, historic neighbourhood of Chiado. It was in Carmo Square where decades of dictatorship finally ended in 1974. Simple, elegant bedrooms with views over the Old Town and the Tagus river. Charming old-fashioned restaurant. See More
LX Boutique Hotel Lisbon 68 rooms from £121Romantic Break - Featuring plush rooms and beautiful views, it's perfect for a romantic break in Lisbon.Sights nearby - Ten minutes walk from Lisbon Cathedral, Praça do Comércio and Igreja de São Roque.Local markets - Two minutes walk from Mercado da Ribeira.Lively area - In the thick of the action.
This centrally located townhouse hotel with a bold blue-and-white colour scheme and contemporary style rooms has stunning river views. Well-placed for enjoying the city’s best sights and nightlife. Plush rooms, a superb restaurant and an unbeatable location all combine to create a formidable hotel. See More
Bairro Alto Hotel Lisbon (Bairro Alto) 55 rooms from £282City Style - A charming hotel in Lisbon's arty district, with classic chic decor, hand painted frescoes and amazing rooftop bar.Sights nearby - Right in the centre of town on Lisbon's main square Praça Luís de Camões, within walking distance of the castle.Great walks - The hotel offers two hour free English-speaking walking tours of the hip neighbourhood.Views - Panoramic views of Lisbon and the Tagus River.Recommended by - I Escape, Tablet, Frommers, Kiwi Collection
Currently closed for refurbishment until 2019. Contemporary boutique hotel with minimalist interiors and a warm ambience. Rooms have white washed walls, frescoes of birds and wooden floors. Sweeping views of Lisbon and the Tagus River from the roof terrace make this a stylish city break. See More
Martinhal Chiado Lisbon 37 rooms from £188Families - The spacious self-catering apartmenets are designed with families in mind, as is the funky kids club!City Style - A cool contemporary hotel, with sleek interiors and bold design- right in the heart of Lisbon.Sights nearby - Visit the nearby Jeronimos Monastery.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.
A stylish hotel, in the heart of Lisbon, perfect for family centred fun. Set in beautiful townhouse, the suites are superbly designed maximising space, light and comfort. A well equipped kids club will have the kids distracted for hours, whilst the parents explore the city. See More
The Lisboans Lisbon 15 rooms from £278Local exploring - Situated in the central and vibrant Baixa neighbourood, ideal for exploring the bars, shops and sightsGreat walks - Walk around these buzzing historic streets for a taste of local colour and cultureSights nearby - Head to Lisbon Cathedral just opposite and to the medieval São Jorge CastleRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - I Escape, Mr & Mrs Smith
Impeccably designed apartments featuring a great balance of thoughtfully sourced artisanal and contemporary pieces, and upcycled or vintage furniture. The effect is a sophisticated home-away-from-home, with tasty breakfasts delivered each morning. A great base for discerning, independent guests. See More
Memmo Alfama Lisbon 42 rooms from £246City Style - Clean lines and bright colours with a great vibe in the rooftop winebar, with great city views.Views - Great views from hotelSights nearby - Santa Justa Elevator and Rossio Square.Local markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Fodors, Design Hotels
Tucked away in the higgledy-piggledy streets of Alfama, the city’s most atmospheric district, this hotel is a surprise. Designer-cool and surprisingly large with pool and stunning views. Bright white and cream rooms and suites have wooden floors, clean lines, and private balconies. See More
9 Mercy Lisbon 47 rooms from £228Local exploring - The hotel stands on a street between Chiado and Bairro Alto - both districts are vibrant, filled with restaurants and churchesCity Style - The design is slick: black-brick townhouse exterior, with gilded, velvet interior touchesShort fly break - Perfect for a quick city stop-over - taking you straight into the heart of thingsSights nearby - Iconic symbol 'Convento do Carmo' is an old gothic convent located just around the corner
A cutting-edge city hotel boasting seriously slick design. The rooms are luxurious, complete with dim lighting and black and gold detail. Expertly crafted cocktails are served on the rooftop bar overlooking Lisbon's colourful landscape. A stylish urban base offering an unbeatable location. See More
Solar dos Mouros Lisbon 10 rooms from £188Local exploring - Located right beside the city's famous castle, this is the perfect base for history buffsViews - Breathtaking views of the city and riverSights nearby - 5 minutes walk from the Old Town and just down the road from the São Jorge castleGreat walks - Wander through Alfama district, considered to be one of the city's prettiestRecommended by - I Escape, Frommers, Michelin Travel
Teatro B&B Lisbon 15 rooms from £60Romantic Break - Upmarket accommodation, one of Europe's most beautiful cities on your doorstep and long walks on the beach together-perfect!City Style - Lisbon's most indulgent B&B with plush fabrics, marble floors, chandeliers and classical statues- a unique and quirky staySights nearby - The historical sights of São Domingos, Igreja de São Roque and the Castle of São Jorge are within a 20 minute walk awayLocal markets - Lisbon's TimeOut Market aims to host the city's finest food and cultural experiences under one roof-a must visit!Recommended by - Great Small Hotels
Teatro B&B is located in central Lisbon between the district of Bairro Alto and Chiado. It offers contemporary Parisian-style decor with dramatic artwork adorning the walls. Enjoy a superb buffet breakfast each morning to set you up for the day. Great accommodation in a fantastic location! See More
Le Consulat Lisbon (Misericordia) 18 rooms from £213Romantic Break - Couples love the discreet accommodation at this hotel; book a luxury suite for a living roomLocal exploring - This hotel has an unbeatable location in central Lisbon, perfect for local sightseeingCity Style - With chic and cosy interiors, this hotel has reams of contemporary city styleSights nearby - Visit the Carmo Convent, a former Catholic convent located in the civil parish of Santa Maria Maior
This hotel offers elegant apartments and suites in the cultured Chiado neighbourhood of Lisbon. The individually styled suites feature work by local contemporary artists plus bespoke furniture and unique design pieces; book the larger apartment for a family stay. A chic and stylish city bolt-hole. See More