- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Save time, save money
The Best Hotels in Monti
Just ten minutes walk from the Colosseum and close to the Piazza Venezia, Monti is a hip neighbourhood with great cafes, boutiques, bars and restaurants. Once one of Rome’s poorest neighbourhoods, Monti has followed that familiar trajectory of first being popular with artists and musicians, and then becoming as hip as its residents, and now its narrow, pastel coloured streets are fairly expensive places to live. But the best hotels in Monti don’t follow this rule and there are some excellent affordable options here too.
Monti is right in there amongst many of Rome’s top sights, but the neighbourhood itself offers some of this city’s best loved bars, restaurants and boutiques. If you’re interested in local art and design, or what’s happening on the Roman food scene, then this is the place to stay.
The Piazza della Madonna dei Monti is the area’s main square and a really good place to start your explorations, or to people watch. If your accommodation has self-catering facilities or you’re just looking for food on the go then visit Trajan’s Market. This market has been in operation since 900, and before that it was walled off and flooded and used for mock naval battles.
If you’re looking for an arts and crafts market the Mercanto Monti is one of the best in Rome, ripe with up-and-coming designers, artists and crafts-folk. But just waking along the streets of Monti provides plenty of opportunities for window shopping.
The Best Hotels in Monti
For Monti Style
- An elegant, townhouse style hotel with 15 stylish rooms and an unpretentious feel, The Fifteen Keys Hotel is perfectly located in bohemian Monti. close to great antique boutiques and great cafes. They serve breakfasts alfresco in a charming garden courtyard.
- Salotto Monti is a chic, boutique hotel with 12 rooms, individually designed and decorated and ranging from the classical to contemporary. Think sash windows, wood floors and wallpaper by Fornasetti. The breakfast terrace has wonderful views across the city.
For Something Special
- The Villa Spalletti Trivelli is a beautiful Roman townhouse, perfectly renovated into an elegant 12 room hotel. The atmosphere is tranquil and the decor aristocratic. There are lovely oil paintings, Doric columns, tapestries, libraries, a spa, gardens and the food is excellent too. Plus you’re 200metres from the Quirinale Presidential Palace.
Slick and chic
- 1880 Atypical Rooms is a slick, contemporary hotel, which has just six rooms — not the 1880 their name suggests - and Scandi style decor. The location is excellent and the breakfasts come well recommended.
- The Inn at the Roman Forum is a beautiful, 14 room guesthouse positioned just a few minutes from the Colosseum. As well as standard sized rooms the inn also has suites and family rooms, all with fairly classical decor - think fireplaces, private balconies and four-poster beds. There’s also a lovely rooftop terrace. Rooms start from around £120 per night.
For great value
- The Blue Hostel is a claossy upmarket hostel that also caters for families. Here the decor is stylish, and modern. Rooms start from around €90 per night.
- Amaranto Romano is a six bedroom guesthouse converted from an impressive 19th century building. There are some great original features which have been retained, and the rest of the decor is unfussy - think whitewashed walls and original domed ceilings. You’re extremely well located for the highlights of Rome and rooms start from under €100 per night.
- The Hotel de Monti is a bright, modern B&B with seven comfortable rooms well located between the main train station and the Colosseum, with a room rate which starts from as little as €65 per night including breakfast!
If you haven’t found your idea of the best hotels in Monti on our Guru’s list you could:
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Rome,
- or our Guru’s collection of great hotels near the Colosseum,
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
The Best Hotels in Monti
The Fifteen Keys Hotel 15 rooms from £134Rome
An elegant townhouse hotel with stylish accommodation and an unpretentious feel. Enjoy alfresco breakfasts in the garden courtyard. Located in a charming neighbourhood, the area has a bohemian feel with great antique shops and good coffee spots and is close to major attractions.Local exploring - An ideal location for getting to know Rome from its major attractions to its boutiques, galleries and local eateries.Sights nearby - Great location in the Monti district, just 10 mins walk from the ColosseumRestrictions on children - This is an adults only propertyRecommended by - Tablet
Salotto Monti 12 rooms from £127Rome (Rione Monti)
A chic boutique hotel located in the heart of the city. Individually designed rooms offer styles from classically elegant to more contemporary. All have sash windows, wooden floors and wallpaper by Fornasetti. Breakfast is served on the expansive terrace offering glorious views across Rome.City Style - A chic contemporary hotel set in the trendy district of Monti.Sights nearby - Visit the famed Roman Forum, Colosseum and Pantheon, all within walking distance from the property.Views - Great views from hotelRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Tablet
Villa Spalletti Trivelli 12 rooms from £500Rome
A quintessentially noble Roman townhouse renovated to perfection. Tranquil, classic, and aristocratic rooms, suites, and living areas in a peaceful neighbourhood. Marble fireplaces, oil paintings, Doric columns, tapestries throughout. Excellent food, libraries, gardens, and spa. Very special.LuxuryHoneymoonsCity StyleSights nearby - 200m from the Quirinale Presidential Palace and 5 mins from the Trevi fountainRecommended by - Tablet
1880 Atypical Rooms 6 rooms from £144Rome
A slick contemporary hotel in an excellent central location. Well proportioned, light, rooms feature exposed stone walls, scandi styled furniture and modern bathrooms with rain showers. Indulgent breakfasts served. Close to many of Rome's most famed sites. An ideal base for exploring the city.Local exploring - Located in the heart of Rome and walking distance from many attractions.Sights nearby - Just a 15 minute walk from the Coliseum, the Campidoglio, Santa Maria Maggiore Basililica and Trevi Fountain.
Amaranto Romano 6 rooms from £101Rome
Located in an impressive 19th-century building with a pretty courtyard. A small, well-run, guesthouse with white washed rooms and contemporary bathrooms. Original features throughout with sculptures and domed ceilings. Well positioned in the historic centre within easy reach of Rome's sights.Local exploring - Well located near many of Rome's sights and with great transport links.Value chic - Excellently priced stay in the heart of RomeSights nearby - Just a 10 minute walk from the Colosseum, Piazza Venezia, the Roman Forum, the Trevi Fountain and the Spanish Steps.Full of character
Hotel de Monti 7 rooms from £65Rome
Centrally located, contemporary B&B. Bright comfy rooms in whites and pastels. Excellent value for a weekend sightseeing in Rome.Value chicSights nearby - Central location between Rome train station and the ColosseumLocal markets - Good for local colour.
The Inn at The Roman Forum 14 rooms from £161Rome
A beautiful guesthouse near the Colosseum. Attractively decorated bedrooms, suites and family rooms in contemporary classic style, some with mahogany four poster beds, fireplaces, and private balconies. A lovely rooftop terrace is a bonus.Romantic BreakSights nearby - Located between the Roman forum and the Colosseum. Many other attractions in walking distance.Recommended by - Tablet, Small Luxury Hotels
The Blue Hostel 6 rooms from £88Rome
A classy, upmarket hostel in the centre of Rome. The beautifully appointed rooms are stylish and comfortable, decorated with tasteful furniture and artwork. It's the ideal launchpad for a exploring Italy's capital, within walking distance of many of the city's great attractions.Families - With family rooms available, and a fantastic central location, it's great for a family trip to the Italian capital.Sights nearby - Within a mile of the Coliseum, the Roman Forum and the Trevi Fountain.Great walks - Walk up the Palatine Hill and get incredible panoramic views of Rome.Lively - Hip and happening.