The Best Hotels near the Pantheon
The Pantheon is one of Rome’s great sights, and one of the best preserved of all the buildings of Ancient Rome - probably because it’s been in continuous use as a temple or church since its completion in about 126AD. Almost two thousand years since it was built, the Pantheon’s incredible central dome is still the world’s largest unreinforced concrete dome - and it’s got a hole for the centre! As well as this ancient treasure, the recommendations from our Gurus for the best hotels near the Pantheon are also close to the charming Piazza Navona and a short stroll from the Vatican, so you’re very centrally located.
You might think this part of town would just be rife with visitors, but the shops, restaurants and sophisticated bar scene are popular with Romans too, especially in the area around the Via della Pace.
The Piazza Navona is one of Rome’s grand squares, complete with a fabulous Baroque fountain - the Fountain of the Four Rivers - and an impressive Egyptian obelisk. But that’s not all, the Piazza Navona has two other fountains, a Fountain of Neptune and the Fontana del Moro, which features four Tritons and a Moor wrestling a dolphin. It’s also surrounded by grand palaces and a glorious Baroque church. It used to host Rome’s main market, but these days it's lined with restaurants and cafes and is the workplace of artists and musicians who create a lively atmosphere in the square. There’s always something to do here, which is why it’s such a great place to be based.
The Best Hotels near the Pantheon
For your own Stylish Pad
- The Gigli d’Oro Suites are a sophisticated collection of six designer suites converted from a rather aristocratic looking residence. The decor is super modern with whitewashed walls and glass bathrooms, but the furniture is in contrast to the parquet floors, wooden beams and oil paintings.
- The Relais Orso is a sleek, contemporary hotel converted from a 17th century townhouse on a quiet, cobbled street just steps from the Piazza Navona and the Pantheon. There are 15 rooms and suites and a restaurant with a roof garden and fantastic city views.
For a Fun City Break
- G-Rough is one of the hippest spots in Rome. Its ten rooms have been converted from from a 17th century townhouse, and the parquet floors and original tiles have been retained, but they’ve added retro design furniture and exposed stone walls for a chic yet modern effect. There’s also a fantastic roof terrace and a buzzy bar.
- The Hotel Lunetta is a polished, contemporary, 30 room hotel with an excellent spa, in a great location between the Piazza Navona and the Campo de’Fiori. The rooms and suites have glossy parquet floors, exposed beams and enormous marble bathrooms, and the spa has a sauna and a hot tub.
- Families will be well catered for in the elegant Albergo del Senato with a wonderful roof terrace bar, a traditional and relaxed atmosphere, plus a great range of accommodation including triple rooms, suites and apartments.
- Due Torri is an elegant hotel comprising 26 rooms and suites and four small apartments, in between the Piazza Navona and the Vatican. On a quiet, narrow street, this hotel is surprisingly quiet, considering its central location.
If you haven’t found your idea of the best hotels near the Pantheon on our Guru’s list you could:
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Rome,
- or our Guru’s collection of Great Hotels Near the Colosseum?
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
The Best Hotels near the Pantheon
Gigli d'Oro Suites 6 rooms from £175Rome
Sophisticated collection of designer suites in an aristocratic residence. Super modern furniture, white washed walls, and glass bathrooms contrast original oil paintings, parquet floors and wooden beams. Very private, very sleek, very cool.City StyleSights nearby - Located just behind the Piazza Navona in the historic centre of town. Easy access on foot to most sights.Local markets - Close to the Campo de fioriDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - Tablet
Relais Orso 15 rooms from 249Rome
Just steps away from Piazza Navona and the Pantheon this sleek hotel, a 17th century town house in quiet cobbled street, is beautifully placed in the heart of Rome within walking distance of all the main sights. Cool contemporary suites, restaurant and pretty roof garden with city views.Restaurant - The restaurant Vicolo 88 offers traditional Medietrranean dishes and wine from the cellars of the houseSuites - Central glass walled showers built into the living rooms, suites with private jacuzzi and terraceRoof terrace - Sip cocktails on the roof deck with fabulous panoramic views of the citySights nearby - A stone's throw from Piazza Navona in the heart of Rome's historical centreRecommended by - Tablet
Albergo del senato 56 rooms from £154Rome
Elegant rooms and suites, wonderful roof terrace bar, and walking distance to the Pantheon. Roman classicism and a traditional atmosphere throughout, from the dining room, to bedrooms, to terraces and dining room. A relaxing choice for a family, group or couple.GroupsFamiliesSights nearby - A stones throw from the PantheonLocal markets - The Campo de Fiori is close by
G-Rough 10 rooms from £479Rome (Navona)
One of the hippest spots in town, at G-Rough you'll find a unique blend of luxury living and trendy design finishes giving this 17th century townhouse a very urban vibe. Parquet floors & original tiles come with an eclectic mix of retro style furniture. Roof terrace for chilling and buzzy bar.Sights nearby - A stone's throw from the Piazza Navona and just 450m from the PantheonCity Style - Achingly trendy interiors - certainly not one for traditionalists!Local markets - Immerse yourself in the daily marketsFull of characterRecommended by - Tablet
Hotel Lunetta 30 rooms from £175Rome
A very polished hotel with an excellent spa and contemporary classic rooms. Bedrooms and suites have glossy parquet floors, big comfy beds, exposed beams, and enormous marble bathrooms. Fantastic spa equipped with sauna, hot tub and a menu of therapies. An excellent choice for a modern spa break.Sights nearby - Located in the heart of mediaeval Rome, between Campo de'Fiori and Piazza NavonaSpa - With a spa suite for couple treatments featuring a private hot tub
Due Torri 26 rooms from £105Rome
A charming historical hotel just a few steps from Piazza Navona and the Vatican. Surprisingly quiet for its central location, the elegant rooms offer comfortable beds and antique furniture. A true gem with plenty of traditional charm.Local exploring - Location is perfect for those wishing to emerce themsevles in Rome and explore like a local.Historic - Previously the building housed Cardinals, Bishops, and famous noble Roman famillies.Families - Four small apartments are ideal for accommodating families.Great walks - Right in the historic heart of Rome, wander the streets and get a feel for the Eternal City.