The 16 Best Hotels near the Pantheon, Rome
The Pantheon is one of Rome's most famed attractions. A 2000-year-old temple of vast proportions, now a church, set in the heart of the city; For many, this is one of the top must-sees on a cultural trip to Rome. However, there are several reasons to stay near the Pantheon. The neighbourhood itself is one of the oldest in Rome filled with winding streets, restaurants, cafes, and it is also close to the Vatican and Trastevere. Due to the age of many of the buildings, the best hotels near the Pantheon are not generally large properties but instead are mostly intimate B&Bs and boutiques. So if you are looking for lots of amenities, it is better to stay a little further out. For those who want to be within walking distance of the sights, our hotel experts have hand-selected the best hotels in the area. So why not browse through our collection to start planning your next stay?
- Martius Private Suites is a luxurious hotel dating back to the Renaissance era. Grand rooms have been brought into the 21st century yet they still retain their original opulence; think frescoes, chandeliers, and antiques. With attractive rates for a luxury stay, this property is hard to beat.
For the views
- Eitch Borromini is a plush hotel within a 17th-century palace designed by Italian architect Francesco Borromini and directly overlooking Piazza Navona. Suites have a classical feel, with antique furnishings and luxurious linens; the best offer spectacular city views. If your budget doesn't run to a suite you can still see the view from the gorgeous rooftop terrace bar.
- The Hotel Raphael is an eco-hotel with a rooftop restaurant serving award-winning biodynamic cuisine and boasting spectacular views of the Basilica. Rooms and suites are luxurious and opulent featuring red and gold decor, high Renaissance artwork, and marble-clad bathrooms.
- The Palazzo Navona Hotel has a stylish Scandinavian aesthetic and a fantastic rooftop bar with panoramic views across the city. A four-star property that offers a nice alternative to what are mostly traditional hotels in the area.
- Singer Palace is a small and luxurious boutique set in a 20th-century palace located between the Pantheon and the Trevi Fountain. Rooms are warm and stylish with modern Italian furnishings; the best suite offers a private terrace and separate living space. The rooftop terrace restaurant, however, is the real lure with its superb city views.
For a design hotel
- The Gigli d’Oro Suites are a sophisticated collection of six designer suites converted from a grand residence. A refurb has added a slick and modern touch with whitewashed walls, glass bathrooms, and designer furniture that stand in stark contrast with the original parquet floors, wooden beams and oil paintings. A stylish home-away-from-home.
- The Relais Orso is a sleek, contemporary hotel converted from a 17th-century townhouse on a quiet, cobbled street just steps from the Piazza Navona and the Pantheon. There are 15 rooms and suites and a restaurant with a roof garden and fantastic city views.
- G-Rough is one of the hippest spots in Rome, located a stone's throw from the Piazza Navona. Parquet floors and original tiles of this 17th-century townhouse have been retained, however, there is now retro design furniture and exposed stone walls giving a chic modern feel. Complete with a fantastic roof terrace and a buzzy bar. A hip choice.
For a boutique
- Casa De'Coronari is a boutique hotel close to Piazza Navona with bright rooms and hand-selected design pieces; the best suites offer a private terrace and living space. Many of the building's original features have been preserved including the terracotta floors. An intimate stay.
- Corso 281 is an exclusive hotel occupying an 18th-century building on Via del Corso. Rooms are dressed in an aristocratic style and blend hand-selected design pieces with unique artworks; the best suites have a pretty terrace with French doors. Complete with its own art collection — this is a very stylish boutique.
- Le Quattro Dame is a heritage hotel set in a former private residence close to Piazza Venezia. Rooms are dressed in a warm, neutral palette, allowing the building's classical features to do the talking; the best suites boast original frescoes and elegant Meridiani sofas. A chic choice.
- The Hotel Lunetta is a polished contemporary hotel, with an excellent spa, in a great location between the Piazza Navona and the Campo de Fiori. The rooms and suites have glossy parquet floors, exposed beams and enormous marble bathrooms, and the spa has a sauna and a hot tub. A spoiling choice for two.
- Argentina Residenza is a pretty boutique hotel that takes its name from the renowned archaeological site it faces. Rooms are dressed with luxurious soft furnishings in soft pastels; book the Junior Suite to enjoy a private hot tub (perfect for couples). With a sleek hotel bar, this is a romantic choice.
- Families will be well catered for in the elegant Albergo del Senato with a wonderful roof terrace bar, a traditional and relaxed atmosphere, plus a great range of accommodation including triple rooms, suites and apartments.
- Due Torri is an elegant hotel comprising 26 rooms and suites and four small apartments (ideal for families wanting to self-cater). Set in between the Piazza Navona and the Vatican on a narrow street, this hotel is surprisingly quiet, considering its central location.
- Martis Palace Hotel is an elegant four-star hotel situated in a heritage building. Rooms are modern with wooden floors and stylish design pieces; family rooms are great for travelling with children. Enjoy panoramic views from the hotel's roof terrace before dining at the restaurant. A refined hotel well suited to parents travelling with slightly older kids.
Still not sure where to book?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Rome
- Consider our Guru’s recommendations for Great Hotels Near the Colosseum, the Best hotels in the heart of Old Rome or the 3 Best Hotels near the Aventine Hill.
- Alternatively, you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
Eitch Borromini Rome (Navona) 18 rooms from £227City Style - Situated in a building designed by one of Italy's most famous architects, you can't get more Italian style than this hotelRomantic Break - The bright and airy suites and the hotel's historic surroundings make this a great romantic getawayLocal exploring - The central location makes this hotel a great base for local exploringSights nearby - Visit nearby Castel Sant'Angelo, commissioned by the Roman Emperor Hadrian as a mausoleum for himself
This plush hotel sits within a 17th-century palace designed by Italian architect Francesco Borromini overlooking Piazza Navona. Suites have a classical feel, featuring antique furnishings and luxurious linens; the best offer spectacular city views. Don't miss the rooftop terrace bar. A unique hotel. See More
Gigli d'Oro Suites Rome 6 rooms from £174Romantic Break - The elegant suites offer total privacy and are complete with whirlpool tubsCity Style - An old aristocratic house beautifully renovated mixing the old and the newFamilies - The one apartment is well suited to families and has a kitchenette tooSights nearby - Located just behind the Piazza Navona in the historic centre of town. Easy access on foot to most sights.Recommended by - Tablet
Hotel Raphael Rome 50 rooms from £184City Style - With rooms decorated with Picasso artwork, gold and red decor, and marble furnishings... this urban hotel exudes opulenceRomantic Break - Relax in one of the hotel's sprawling top floor suites - marble-clad bathrooms, views of the Pantheon, and opulent decorFoodies - Award wining chefs lead rooftop restaurant Mater Terrae that serves exceptional vegetarian, gluten-free, and meat dishesLocal exploring - Located just a stone's throw away from St Peter's Basilica and the Pantheon, this hotel is superbly locatedRecommended by - Relais & Chateaux
Hotel Raphael is an eco-hotel with a rooftop restaurant serving award-winning biodynamic cuisine with views of the Basilica. Rooms and suites are luxurious and opulent, featuring red and gold decor, High Renaissance artwork, and marble-clad bathrooms. Bygone grandeur and environmental sensibility. See More
Casa de'Coronari Rome (Navona) 6 rooms from £128Local exploring - Located a stone's throw from Rome's main attractions, this hotel is a great base for local exploringFamilies - The spacious suites are well-suited to parents travelling with childrenCity Style - This contemporary design hotel has plenty of Italian city styleSights nearby - Visit nearby Chiesa di Sant' Ignazio di Loyola, a church renowed for its trompe l'oeil ceilings and frescoesRecommended by - Tablet
This boutique hotel is located close to Piazza Navona in central Rome. Rooms are bright and airy with hand-selected design pieces; the best suites offer a private terrace and living space. Many of the building's original features have been preserved, including terracotta floors. A smart city stay. See More
Relais Orso Rome 15 rooms from 249Restaurant - The restaurant Vicolo 88 offers traditional Medietrranean dishes and wine from the cellars of the houseSuites - Central glass walled showers built into the living rooms, suites with private hot tub and terraceRoof terrace - Sip cocktails on the roof deck with fabulous panoramic views of the citySights nearby - A stone's throw from Piazza Navona in the heart of Rome's historical centreRecommended by - Tablet
Just steps away from Piazza Navona and the Pantheon this sleek hotel, a 17th-century townhouse in a quiet cobbled street, is beautifully placed in the heart of Rome within walking distance of all the main sights. Cool contemporary suites, restaurant and a pretty roof garden with city views. See More
Palazzo Navona Hotel Rome 43 rooms from £217Families - Located on the back of Piazzo Navona, this comfortable hotel provides the perfect base for families seeking easy sightseeing!Romantic Break - Get lost in Rome's ancient piazzas and winding streets - with a stylish and sophisticated hotel as a baseLocal exploring - The Pantheon, St Peter's Basilica, and the wonderful Trevi Fountain are all within walking distanceSights nearby - Visit some of the world's most incredible ancient sites - think the Colesseum, the Forum, and the Pantheon
Palazzo Navona is a four-star hotel boasting rooms with slick design, Scandinavian-inspired furnishings and whitewashed walls. The bar and panoramic rooftop create a lively atmosphere, but its main attraction is its enviable location right in the middle of Rome's historic centre. See More
Albergo del senato Rome 56 rooms from £152Romantic Break - Elegant rooms with pretty private terraces are the perfect place to unwind with your significant otherLocal exploring - Perfectly placed just a stroll from Piazza Navona and the stunning Trevi FountainSights nearby - A stones throw from the PantheonLocal markets - The Campo de Fiori is close by
G-Rough Rome (Navona) 10 rooms from £479Sights nearby - A stone's throw from the Piazza Navona and just 450m from the PantheonCity Style - Achingly trendy interiors - certainly not one for traditionalists!Local markets - Immerse yourself in the daily marketsLively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - Tablet
One of the hippest spots in town, at G-Rough you'll find a unique blend of luxury living and trendy design finishes giving this 17th century townhouse a very urban vibe. Parquet floors & original tiles come with an eclectic mix of retro style furniture. Roof terrace for chilling and buzzy bar. See More
Hotel Lunetta Rome 30 rooms from £173Spa breaks - The superlative spa features a hydrotherapy pool, Finnish sauna and hot tub as well as an advanced treatment listRomantic Break - The spa suite offers couple's treatments featuring a private hot tubSights nearby - Located in the heart of mediaeval Rome, between Campo de'Fiori and Piazza NavonaSpa
A very polished hotel with an excellent spa and contemporary classic rooms. Bedrooms and suites have glossy parquet floors, big comfy beds, exposed beams, and enormous marble bathrooms. Fantastic spa equipped with sauna, hot tub and a menu of therapies. An excellent choice for a modern spa break. See More
Due Torri Rome 26 rooms from £104Local exploring - Location is perfect for those wishing to emerce themsevles in Rome and explore like a local.Historic - Previously the building housed Cardinals, Bishops, and famous noble Roman famillies.Families - Four small apartments are ideal for accommodating families.Great walks - Right in the historic heart of Rome, wander the streets and get a feel for the Eternal City.
Corso 281 Rome (Pantheon) 12 rooms from £423Local exploring - Located in the heart of historic Rome, and close to local shopping streets, this hotel is great for exploring the cityFamilies - The executive suite can host four people and is ideal for families travelling with childrenCity Style - The luxurious design of the suites has guests falling in love with this stylish hotelSights nearby - Visit the nearby Church of St Louis, the French national church in Rome and home to several Caravaggio paintingsRecommended by - Tablet
This exclusive hotel occupies an 18th-century building on Via del Corso. Rooms are dressed in an aristocratic style and blend hand-selected design pieces with unique artworks; the best suites have a pretty terrace with French doors. Discover the hotel gallery's private collection. A stylish break. See More
Singer Palace Rome (Pantheon) 30 rooms from £379Local exploring - Nestled between the Pantheon on one side and the Trevi Fountain on the other, you can't get a more central location than thisCity Style - Housed in a heritage property, updated with contemporary, chic interiors, this hotel has plenty of modern Roman styleRomantic Break - Couples love starting the day on the hotel's beautiful roof terrace with panoramic views of RomeSights nearby - Visit two of Rome's most famous sights, both a short walk from the hotel: the Pantheon and the Trevi FountainRecommended by - Tablet
This hotel occupies a 20th-century palace set between the Pantheon and the Trevi Fountain in central Rome. Rooms are warm and stylish with modern Italian furnishings; the best suite offers a private terrace and separate living space. Enjoy breakfast with a view on the rooftop terrace; a chic hotel. See More
Le Quattro Dame Rome (Pantheon) 6 rooms from £156City Style - The hotel's historic building, plus the thoughtful, designer touches, make it a stylish Italian stayLocal exploring - This hotel is perfectly located, with easy access to Rome's main attractions on footRomantic Break - Couples will love the attention to detail at this beautiful heritage hotelSights nearby - Visit the Pantheon and Piazza Navona, both within easy walking distance of the hotelRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
This heritage hotel occupies a former private residence in central Rome, close to Piazza Venezia. Rooms are dressed in a warm, neutral palette, allowing the building's classical features to do the talking; the best suites boast original frescoes and elegant Meridiani sofas. A stylish boutique hotel. See More
Argentina Residenza Rome (Pantheon) 6 rooms from £140Local exploring - Sitting opposite one of Rome's most famous archaeological sites, this hotel is perfectly located for exploring the local sightsHoneymoons - Book a suite with a hot tub for a honeymoon with an added sense of luxuryRomantic Break - Couples love the luxurious suites and the romantic hotel barSights nearby - Explore Largo di Torre Argentina opposite the hotel, a famous archaeological site and home to a colony of catsRecommended by - Tablet
This pretty boutique hotel takes its name from the renowned archaeological site it faces in central Rome. Rooms are dressed with luxurious soft furnishings in soft pastels; book the Junior Suite to enjoy a private hot tub. Relax with a drink at the sleek hotel bar in this exclusive Roman guesthouse. See More
Martis Palace Hotel Rome (Navona) 26 rooms from £181City Style - Situated in a historic, 16th-century Roman building, this hotel is full of local charm and styleLocal exploring - With its central location, this hotel is a great starting point for local exploring in RomeFamilies - The interconnected family suites are perfect for families travelling with childrenGreat walks - Stroll through the Giardini di Montecavallo: pretty, landscaped gardens with several nearby art galleries
This elegant, four-star hotel is situated in a heritage building in central Rome. Rooms are modern with wooden floors and stylish design pieces; family rooms are great for travelling with children. Enjoy panoramic views from the hotel's roof terrace before dining at the restaurant. A refined hotel. See More
Martius Private Suites Rome 8 rooms from £164City Style - The epitome of Roman elegance - Renaissance suites beautifully renovated to accommodate modern tastesSights nearby - Stroll down to the nearby Pantheon and Trevi FountainTraditionalFull of characterRecommended by - Tablet, Mr & Mrs Smith
An opulent hotel located right in the heart of Rome. Dating back to the Renaissance era the grand rooms have been brought into the 21st century yet they still retain their original opulence, think frescoes, chandeliers, and antiques. Minutes from many major attractions this property is hard to beat. See More