The 15 Best Value Hotels in Amsterdam
A stay in ever-popular Amsterdam doesn't always come cheap, but pick your hotel with care and there are bargains to be found, even in top neighbourhoods like Amsterdam Centrum and the Canal Belt. That said, many of the best value hotels in Amsterdam are in areas like De Pijp and Westerpark, a bit more distant from the historic centre. Our hotel experts have scoured the city to bring you a concise collection of Amsterdam's best value stays selected on their design, location, amenities and (of course) price tag. Find plenty to choose from whether you are looking for a hip base to work and play from or you're travelling with the family. So why not browse through our collection to start planning your next city break?
For a great location
- Spacious and modern Hotel V Frederiksplein is set within walking distance of Museumplein. Interiors mix retro furniture with chic modern design pieces. Apartments, complete with kitchenettes, are perfect for small groups and families. A convenient and well-priced base in the city centre.
- Hotel Wiechmann consists of three canal houses turned into a simple family-run B&B offering the essentials. Comfortable, breezy rooms with modern bathrooms and a complimentary delicious breakfast. Proximity to the main attractions and shopping districts is a big selling point.
- Dorm rooms at ClinkNoord are among Amsterdam's best bargains, close to the EYE Filmmuseum and A'DAM Toren. Guests can choose between modern private rooms and mixed or single-sex dorms. Perfect for young travellers.
- Catalonia Vondel Amsterdam is a modern hotel with a lively atmosphere near Amsterdam's nightlife, shopping, and museums. The decor is chic: courtesy of designer owner Arjen van den Hoff. A no-frills stay that's all about the location.
- PH Hotel Oosteinde is a stylish hotel that's well positioned in the city centre with museums, shops, and restaurants nearby. Rooms have a cool urban feel with steely hues, exposed brickwork, and vast windows. There's a hip lounge for your morning coffee. A laidback city base to explore from.
For affordable style
- CitizenM Amsterdam South offers accessible modern Dutch design at affordable prices. Small high-tech rooms are bright and airy, with top-notch accessories including rain showers and free movies on demand. The living and canteen area are lively meeting spots. A cool and good value choice for a city break.
- At Hotel Not Hotel you'll find rooms that are works of art in their own right and a lively bar and lounge for socialising. A well-priced stay that loses nothing on design.
- Hotel de Hallen is a unique design hotel located in a former tram depot. Having undergone a loving conversion, the hotel offers contemporary rooms with vintage touches. Complete with the chic international restaurant Remise47, this is a smart city stay with a very reasonable price tag.
- Hotel Van de Vijsel is a beautifully crafted hotel offering cool contemporary aesthetics in the heart of the city. Designed in and out with wood while mixing traditional and modern designs. Rooms are simple with a Scandi-chic feel (plenty of wood again and simple crisp white linen). A stylish choice.
For work and fun
- In a repurposed newspaper building, Volkshotel has been reborn as a base for creative spirits, with flexible workspaces, individual rooms and a bar and nightclub for after-work R&R.
- Zoku offers affordable lofts with self-catering facilities, ultrafast broadband and shared spaces for work and socialising.
For an eco-conscious stay
- Conscious Hotel Vondelpark aims to provide as green, sustainable and eco-friendly a stay as possible. So much of their furniture is made from recycled materials, their energy is from renewable sources and they have an eco-roof for attracting wildlife. A short walk to the Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh Museum.
- Conscious Hotel Westerpark is an eco-friendly hotel located in a heritage building in Westerpark. The bright guestrooms feature comfortable, Auping beds, wooden panelling and classic bathtubs. Pop into Conscious Café for healthy eating options. An affordable and well-located city stay.
- Smart self-catering apartments and a tranquil location near Artis Zoo make The Wittenberg a great choice for families. Bike hire is a plus.
- Hotel Arena is a chic four-star hotel located in a heritage property on the edge of Amsterdam's city centre. Rooms are bright and inviting with vintage design pieces. A stylish city option which offers rooms starting at around 120 Euros making this affordable luxury.
Still not sure which to book?
- Expand your search to include all our Amsterdam recommendations.
- Refine your search and look at our collection of the best family hotels in Amsterdam, the coolest hotels in Amsterdam or the best B&Bs in Amsterdam
- Alternatively, contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Hotel V Frederiksplein Amsterdam 48 rooms from £101City Style - A chic mix of vintage designer furniture and contemporary design pieces set against steely hues makes this a stylish stayLocal exploring - Set between the old city centre and the hip quarter of De Pijp, it is convenient both for sightseeing and restaurantsSelf catering - The self-catering loft apartments (that sleep three) are a great option for those in search of a home-away-from-homeArtworks - Find photos by the renowned 19th-century Dutch photographer Jacob Olie adorning the wallsRecommended by - I Escape
This modern B&B in the heart of Amsterdam with stylish rooms and a handful of self-catering apartments. Interiors mix retro furniture with chic modern design pieces. Apartments, complete with kitchenettes, are perfect for small groups & families. A convenient and well-priced base in the city centre. See More
Hotel Wiechmann Amsterdam 37 rooms from £82Local exploring - A quaint and charming hotel overlooking the canal, peaceful and romantic, but within walking distance of the main attractionsClose to nightlife - This quiet hotel is just ten minutes from the busy Leidseplein Square, full of bars, restaurants and cafesLess £ - With rooms ranging from singles to family suites, there is something to suit all budgetsGroups - Quadruple Rooms are a great option for small groups wanting an economic stayRecommended by - Frommers
Hotel Wiechmann consists of three canal houses turned into a simple family-run B&B offering the essentials. Comfortable, breezy rooms with modern bathrooms and a complimentary delicious breakfast. Proximity to the main attractions and shopping districts is a big selling point. See More
CitizenM Amsterdam South Amsterdam 215 rooms from £108Contemporary - Expect black out blinds, widescreen TVs, power showers, and mood lighting - all the things a modern traveller requiresValue chic - A no nonsense hotel made for practical living with smart design, well-considered amenities, and a good priceShort break - Located just one train stop from Amsterdam Schiphol Airport - this is ideal for a quick breakBusiness Hotel - Walking distance from the RAI Congress Centre and World Trade CentreRecommended by - Tablet
Accessible modern Dutch design with affordable accommodation. Small high tech rooms are bright and airy, with top notch accessories including rain showers and free movies on demand. The living and canteen area are lively meeting spots. A cool and good value choice for a city break. See More
ClinkNoord Amsterdam (Noord) 213 rooms from £113Local exploring - Located in the artsy Noord district of Amsterdam, this hostel makes a great starting point for local exploringValue chic - With beds in a shared dorm from under 20 euros, this hostel is great value for moneyGroups - The larger dorms are great if you are travelling with a groupSights nearby - Visit the Royal Palace Amsterdam, a palace used by the Dutch Royal House and which houses a number of 17th-century artworks
This friendly hostel is located in the Noord district of Amsterdam, on the banks of the River IJ. Guests can choose between modern private rooms, mixed or single-sex dorms. Lockers are available in every dorm, plush fresh linens and towels at reception. Meet other travellers in the bar; a fun hotel. See More
Hotel Not Hotel Amsterdam 23 rooms from £77Groups - With its fun communal areas and rooms that sleep four - this is a good option for young visitors travelling on a budgetDesigner - Students from Eindhoven's Design Academy created the rooms and their young and creative flare is definitely apparentValue chic - With unique design, good amenities, and rooms offered well below the 100 Euro mark, this is a well-priced stayCity Style - A hotel where a room is not just a room but a work of art
A unique property merging art, design and hospitality. Rooms, not immediately obvious on first impressions, are in themselves large art instillations. There's a lively common area which offers both breakfast and later cocktails and thai food. Well located and priced for a city break. See More
Volkshotel Amsterdam 162 rooms from £79Contemporary - Once a newspaper's office, it has been artfully converted to create chic modern spaces not forgetting the building's historyBusiness Centre - In the hotel is a vibey co-working space and artists' studios - making this a great environment for those on a 'workation'Value chic - A stylish yet well-priced hotel perfect for those travelling on a budgetLively - On Fridays and Saturdays (after 11 pm) the restaurant becomes a club
Set in East Amsterdam, an old Newspaper Office HQ has been redesigned as a creative hub welcoming all guests, 'from stockbrokers to punk rockers.' The contemporary feel runs throughout the hotel, from the flexi work space to the exciting bar and nightclub and into the individually designed rooms. See More
Zoku Amsterdam 133 rooms from £122Self catering - Loft-style apartments come with kitchenettes. This along with the hotel's amenities & work setup make it perfect for long staysChic - The top floor is a sprawling, open-plan common room that includes coworking space, hangout areas, and games zonesLocal exploring - Well positioned within walking distance of the Hermitage, the opera house, and the Canal BeltYoga - Yoga classes are frequently held in the open-plan event spaceRecommended by - Tablet
Conscious Hotel Vondelpark Amsterdam 81 rooms from £90Local exploring - Well positioned right around the corner from Vondelpark, close to nighlife, shops, restaurants, and museumsEco break - As the name suggests, almost everything in the hotel is sustainable from the furniture to the green rooftopClose to nightlife - A walk or cycle across the park takes you to Leidseplein, the city's most popular area for nightlifeRoof terrace - The green rooftop created for the bees and the butterflies is a nice touchRecommended by - Michelin Travel
A stylish eco-hotel with state-of-the-art modern design. Rooms are simply designed with feature walls and minimalist furniture. There's a green roof terrace and a 100% organic cafe. Fully sustainable and ideally situated, right next to the leafy Vondelpark in the centre of the city. See More
The Wittenberg 1018 VL Amsterdam 115 rooms from £129Groups - With the option of two or three bedroom apartments complete with living areas and kitchens, these are ideal for a group getawayLocal exploring - The apartment style living is ideal for more independent travellers, and it's well located to easily access the famous sightsChic - Enjoy the best of both worlds with your very own 18th century Amsterdam apartment (with very chic modern interiors)Sights nearby - Head to the nearby Hortus Botanicus just across the canal, the world's oldest botanic garden
Catalonia Vondel Amsterdam Amsterdam 86 rooms from £97Contemporary - Set in a collection of 18th century buildings that have been simply and artfully converted into practical minimalist spacesLocal exploring - Located in a desirable part of town near the nightlife-centric Leidseplein and close to the MuseumpleinLess £ - The hotel has a good range of rooms with several options for a budget-friendly stayRomantic Break - Pick one of the suites with an in-room hot tub for a romantic stayRecommended by - Tablet, Frommers, Michelin Travel
A modern hotel with a lively atmosphere near Amsterdam's nightlife, shopping, and museums. The decor is chic: courtesy of designer owner Arjen van den Hoff. Untreated wooden furniture and white-washed walls create a minimal feel with cosy textiles. A no-frills stay that's all about the location. See More
Hotel Arena Amsterdam 139 rooms from £110Foodies - Foodies are spoilt for choice at the hotel restaurant, with local and international dishes and a focus on fresh produceCity Style - Located in a beautiful heritage building on the outskirts of the city centre, this hotel has reams of local styleRomantic Break - Book a luxury suite with a freestanding bathtub for added indulgence on your next couples' getawayGreat walks - Explore Oosterpark, the pretty public park which neighbours the hotel, on a long walk
This chic, four-star hotel is located in a heritage property on the edge of Amsterdam's city centre. Rooms are bright and inviting with vintage design pieces; book a suite for beautifully appointed living space and panoramic views of the city or Oosterpark. Eat at the airy bistro; a charming hotel. See More
Hotel de Hallen Amsterdam (Oud-West) 57 rooms from £117Local exploring - This hotel is in a great location for exploring Amsterdam, situated within walking distance of many major attractionsCity Style - Occupying a landmark industrial conversion in Amsterdam, this hotel has plenty of local city styleRomantic Break - Couples love this hotel's contemporary interiors and the stylish restaurantSights nearby - Take a tour of Anne Frank House, a short walk from the hotel; the writer's house now also features a musuemRecommended by - Fodors, Tablet
This unique design hotel is located in a former tram depot in Amsterdam. Having undergone a loving conversion, the hotel offers contemporary rooms with vintage touches; guests love the COCO-MAT beds and industrial interior design. Eat at the chic international restaurant Remise47; a smart city stay. See More
PH Hotel Oosteinde Amsterdam 23 rooms from £127Local exploring - Located right in the thick of it, between Utrechtsestraat and De Pijp areas with restaurants, shops, and sites nearbyMuseums - Learn of The Netherlands' history in the impressive Rijksmuseum or visit the Hermitage MuseumDesigner - Expect urban-chic design with exposed brickwork, thick carpets, and a subdued colour paletteDesigner Shopping - The adjacent Utrechtsestraat is one of the nicest shopping streets in Amsterdam
Hotel Van de Vijsel Amsterdam 82 rooms from £119Local exploring - Set right between two of Amsterdam’s most desirable places — to the east, the canal district, and to the southwest, VondelparkArchitectural - Once home to the timber trade family business, it has been artfully designed using lots of reclaimed wood - a design masterpieceMuseums - Stroll down to the Rijkmuseum and marvel at the Dutch Golden Age painting masterpieces and vast European art collectionCity Style - An architecturally slick property crafted from fine wood craftsmanship in the heart of the cityRecommended by - Tablet
A beautifully crafted hotel offering cool contemporary aesthetics in the heart of the city. Designed in and out with wood while mixing traditional and modern designs. Rooms are simple with a Scandi-chic feel (plenty of wood again and simple crisp white linen). The city's sights are a stroll away. See More
Conscious Hotel Westerpark Amsterdam (Westerpark) 89 rooms from £125Local exploring - Located between the verdant park and the cultural hotspot Westergasfabriek, this hotel is a great base for local exploringActive Holiday - With bikes available from the hotel and a focus on active lifestyles, this hotel is great for active holidaymakersCity Style - Set in a landmark Amsterdam building, this hotel has lots of local city styleSights nearby - Stroll down to Dam Square, Amsterdam's central square and home to the Dutch Royal Palace
This eco-friendly hotel is located in a heritage building in Westerpark, Amsterdam. The bright guestrooms feature comfortable, Auping beds, wooden panelling and classic bathtubs; book a suite for extra living space. Pop into Conscious Café for healthy eating options; a smart, well-located city stay. See More