- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
The Hotel Guru's Best Budget Ski Hotels
A great ski trip is never cheap, so great budget hotels are like gold dust. But there’s no need to go to a resort that no one’s ever heard of just to save, our Gurus have come up with a list of their best budget ski hotels, covering top resorts including Val d'Isere, Verbier, Chamonix and Zermatt.
Best Budget Ski Hotels:
Despite being one of the world’s top resorts, Chamonix has a surprisingly good selection to choose from when it comes to the best budget ski hotels.
- Le Jeu de Paume, situated midway between Argentiere and Chamonix, is a great option, offering traditionally decorated rooms, plus a well respected restaurant, with rooms starting from just over £100 per night.
- Slightly further down the valley is the Hotel Eden, which as well as 31 simple, modern rooms, has six self catering apartments, and a great restaurant, and it’s an even better value inclusion to the list of best budget ski hotels, with rooms starting from just £60 per night.
The phrase “best budget ski hotel" doesn't usually find itself teamed up with the word Verbier, but it can be quite reasonable.
- The Hotel La Rotonde is a reliable, modest, family run hotels with cosy, pine clad rooms and a relaxed mountain atmosphere - and its rooms start from £150 per night.
- Or, for great value B&B style accommodation try the Hotel Mirabeau, just two minutes from the cable car.
- Those who want to those who spend their days slopes and their nights on the dance floors should try The Bristol, a basic, but reliable hotel right in the centre of the action.
You may be surprised to find that Zermatt, another relatively exclusive Swiss resort, has several properties with rooms starting from less than £100 per night - some of the best value options on our list of best budget ski hotels.
- Le Petit Hotel is bang in the centre of town and offers small,comfortable bedrooms - perfect for those who want to ski, party then sleep.
- Another of our best budget ski hotels in Zermatt is the Julen, an affordable, but romantic hotel with generous, wooden-clad rooms, a lovely restaurant and bar and a three storey spa, pool and gym.
For bargain hunters heading for the Trois Vallées, Val Thorens is the resort with the best budget ski hotels. It has long been a much cheaper option than its expensive neighbours.
- Our Guru’s favourite budget option here is the Hotel des 3 Vallées; a small establishment in the centre of town, which offers great value for money. Half board here includes an enormous breakfast and set three course dinner - which is consistently good.
- Hotel Val Chaviere is an excellent value hotel for families in an unbeatable ski in, ski out spot right on the piste and an attractive terrace overlooking the slopes.
- Le Val Thorens is another top pick for groups and families, with an excellent restaurant, a lively bar and a top of the range spa.
If the Espace Killy is where you ski, the best budget ski hotel options can mostly be found in Tignes.
- But booking a room at La Galise will ensure you a bed in the heart of Val d'Isere's old town, just a stone's throw from the piste. It only offers B&B, but when you're a short stumble from the best eateries in town, who cares?
If our selection of the best budget ski hotels doesn't provide you with the perfect property, then
- take a look at our more of our suggestions in Les Trois Vallées,
- search by your chosen budget ski destination,
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Le Jeu de Paume 29 rooms from $160Chamonix (Le Lavancher)
Traditionnally decorated with wood galore yet all modern comforts plus extras including swimming pool, sauna and hammam. Great views both up to Argentiere and down to Chamonix and ideally situated for skiers being midway between the two. Well respected "Le Rosebud" restaurant.SkiingViews - Great views up to Argentiere and over the Chamonix peaksSwimming Pool - Indoor PoolGreat walks - Good for walkers.
Hotel Eden, Chamonix 31 rooms from $111Les Praz de Chamonix
Simple modern bedrooms and family suites plus six self catering apartments just 100m from the Flegere cable car. Michelin recommended restaurant offering contemporary and classic french cuisine. A great choice for families.Skiing - 100m from the cable car. Ski back to the village.Active HolidayViews - Views of the Chamonix Valley and Mont Blanc
Hotel La Rotonde 26 rooms from $276Verbier
Reliable and modest family-run hotel on the Place Centrale. Pinewood rooms, book cases, and fires make it superbly cosy. A relaxed mountain atmosphere in a great location. Ideal for families.Families - The ideal family ski holiday- family suites with balconies, at affordable rates, just five minutes walk from the Médran lifts.Views - Great views from hotelTraditionalFull of character
Hotel Mirabeau, Verbier 23 rooms from $251Verbier
Great value in a wonderful location. The Hotel Mirabeau provides everything keen skiers could want from their holiday B & B accommodation, and it all comes with a smile.Exclusive offer - Book 7 nights pay for 6Skiing - Two minutes from the Medran cable car.Traditional
Le Petit Hotel, Zermatt 22 rooms from $151Zermatt (Switzerland)
Located in the centre of Zermatt, Le Petit Hotel is a fantastic base just 150m from the main street. A rooftop terrace gives fantastic mountain views. Comfortable beds and cosy bedrooms. Ideal for those who spend most of the day on the slopes and the evenings out. A good value sleeping spot.Active Holiday - A world class skiing resort with 400km of hiking routes in the summer months.Skiing - Just a 7 minute walk from the central ski liftsGreat walks - Scenic mountain walking routesViews - Great views from hotel
Julen 32 rooms from $224Zermatt (Switzerland)
Romantic family-run hotel full of personality. Large wooden-clad rooms and suites with romantic decorations and splashes of bright colour. Sheepskins, flowers, and antlers adorn the public rooms. Lovely restaurant and bar, and a three-storey spa, pool and gym. A cosy Alpine base.Total relaxation - Unwind in style off piste with three story spa, sauna and steam baths, followed by cocktails and fine wines.Swimming Pool - Indoor poolViews - Great views from hotelFull of characterRecommended by - Frommers
Fluhalp 4 rooms from $97Zermatt (Switzerland)
Traditional Alpine mountain inn accessible only on skis or by foot. In the winter, it's only the restaurant that is open. Late June to October, great value for money and perfect for groups - you can choose between four bed rooms or dormitories. Ideal as an overnight stop off.Groups - Fluhalp has a variety of acccommodations ranging from 4 bed rooms to dormitories - ideal for trekking groups.Value chic - Providing excellent rates in an expensive areaActive Holiday - Right on the slopesRemote - Accessible only by skis or on foot!
Hotel Bristol, Verbier 36 rooms from $320Verbier
A cosy hotel on the Place Centrale that offers great value for money. Twee tartan bed heads, wood panelled walls and crisp white linen. A light and airy breakfast room and terrace with impressive views. A relaxed and comfortable choice ideal for families.Total relaxation - Chill after a long day on the slopes in this cosy hotel, comfortable rooms boast wonderful views of the Combin Mountain Range.Active Holiday - Based in one of Europe's best ski resorts in winter, and a hiking and biking paradise in the summer months.Views - Great views from hotelTraditional
Hôtel des 3 Vallées 28 rooms from $224Val Thorens
A luxury boutique hotel, at the foot of Val Thoren's ski slopes. A cosy cocoon perfect for families with its four family suites, gargantuan breakfast buffets and set three-course dinners. Great value for money.Active Holiday - The ideal active getaway with downhill skiing, snowboarding, sledging, and hiking all on your doorstep!Views - Great views from hotelTraditional
Hotel Val Chaviere 50 rooms from $162Val Thorens
Excellent value family friendly hotel, with an unbeatable ski in ski out location right on the piste. The resort centre is just a few minutes walk. Welcoming restaurant and bar, with speciality Fondue nights every Thursdays, weekly live music and dancing. Sunny comfortable ensuite family rooms.Restaurant - Cosy and welcoming restuarant offering local Savoyarde specialites and fondue eveningsSit-out Terrace - Attractive terrace with tables overlooking the slopes and resortSkiing - Doorstep skiing and just a few minutes walk to the resort centreViews - Great views from hotel
Le Val Thorens 83 rooms from $165Val Thorens
A chic luxury alpine hotel that caters to groups of friends, families, and couples. Fabulous rooms and suites have light wooden surfaces, fireplaces, and cow skin throws. Excellent restaurant, lively bar, ski hire, and a top of the range spa.Skiing - Situated right on the slopes and next door to a ski schoolActive HolidayViews - Wonderful mountain viewsSwimming Pool - Indoor heated pool
La Galise 30 rooms from $154Val d'Isère
A simple family-orientated hotel in the heart of the resort and just 100m from the piste. Rooms are traditional in style with plenty of pine and all have modern en suites. Triples offer a good option for families or small groups. Lively bar, excellent value and an unbeatable location.Active Holiday - Skiing in winter and plenty of other mountain activities in the summer months.Skiing - Only 20m from slopes and lifts!Less £ - Great value for its locationViews - Over the Face de Bellevarde