Great Hotels for a Weekend on the Piste
If you can’t afford to take a week off work, don’t kiss the ski slopes goodbye, you can still fit in almost two whole days of skiing if you stay at one of our Guru recommended best ski weekend hotels. All of our recommended resorts and hotels are within a 90 minute journey from they airport - and then it’s a very small commute to the slopes.
Our Best Ski Weekend Hotels in Chamonix
Chamonix is a prime resort for weekend skiing. Just 88km from Geneva, it’s incredibly easy to reach and well served by buses and trains. And there is a huge range of accommodation from budget apartments to luxurious hideaways, so this is where you’ll find our best ski weekend hotels for every budget.
- The Hotel Eden is a budget best ski weekend hotel base, close to the lifts, and with a Michelin recommended restaurant.
- If your budget is a bit bigger consider the Auberge du Bois Prin, an unpretentious and traditional establishment with Michelin starred dining and exceptional views over Mont Blanc.
- At the larger budget end of the scale there’s Le Hameau Albert 1er, featuring both contemporary and classic styled accommodation, a gorgeous spa and two Michelin starred restaurant.
- Midway between Chamonix and Argentiere, so slightly harder to get to, the Jeu de Paume will be worth the extra ten minutes travel if your idea of the best ski weekend hotels includes chic, Parisian style luxury and excellent food.
Our Best Ski Weekend Hotels in Megéve
If it's glamour you want from your weekend by the piste then Megéve is your resort! Renowned for smart restaurants and a chic clientele, plus a very pretty village to boot, Megéve is under an hour from Geneva airport.
Our best weekend ski hotels in Megéve are all luxurious, but each has something different to offer.
- For contemporary cool in a ‘modern rustic’ style and a great spa try the Alpaga.
- Of, if you’re looking for true trapper alpine style, but with a modern take, check out Le Lodge Park, which is also one of the best ski weekend hotels if you want to be right by the slopes. And the Beeflodge Restaurant is ultimate heaven for carnivores.
- If you’re looking for the best ski weekend hotels for families then Les Fermes de Marie with its dedicated Hameau des Enfants, might be perfect for you and yours.
Our Best Ski Weekend Hotels in Verbier
Verbier may not be as close to Geneva as Chamonix and Megéve, but it is still easily accessible for a ski weekend. Especially if you like to party after a day on the piste.
- The Hotel Bristol is central and reliable, if a bit basic, but the simplicity is reflected in the very reasonable prices - this is one of the best value of our list of the best ski weekend hotels.
- The Nevai is perfect if you want to party - bang next door to the legendary Farm Club.
- If you want to be central, but also have easy access the the Medran lift system, then the Chalet de Flore is a great choice. Pick a south facing room and you'll get stunning views of the Grand Combin and Mont Blanc alps.
If our selection of the best hotels for ski weekends doesn't have your ideal property, then have a look at our choice of the best hotels in snow sure resorts. Please note that most hotels only accept shorter stays outside the peak dates including Christmas, New Year, Feb Half Term and Easter.
Hotel Guru’s Best Ski Weekend Hotels:
Hotel Eden, Chamonix Les Praz de Chamonix 31 rooms from £84Skiing - 100m from the cable car. Ski back to the village.Active HolidayViews - Views of the Chamonix Valley and Mont Blanc
Le Jeu de Paume Chamonix (Le Lavancher) 29 rooms from £121SkiingViews - Great views up to Argentiere and over the Chamonix peaksSwimming Pool - Indoor PoolGreat walks - Good for walkers.
Traditionnally decorated with wood galore yet all modern comforts plus extras including swimming pool, sauna and hammam. Great views both up to Argentiere and down to Chamonix and ideally situated for skiers being midway between the two. Well respected "Le Rosebud" restaurant. See More
Le Hameau Albert 1er Chamonix 33 rooms from £195SkiingSpa - Offering full range of massages and body treatments.Swimming Pool - Indoor/Outdoor pool facing Mont BlancViews - Superb views of Mont BlancRecommended by - Relais & Chateaux, I Escape
Auberge du Bois Prin Chamonix 10 rooms from £170Skiing - Huge range of skiing including the famous Vallee BlancheRestaurant - Michelin starred diningGreat walks - 350km of waymarked trails in the surrounding area.Traditional
Alpaga Megève 22 rooms from £278SkiingSwimming Pool - State of the art Indoor PoolSpaRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, I Escape
Beautifully presented 22 bedroom hotel with 5 apartments and 6 private traditional chalets in "modern rustic" style: an effective blend of wood with contemporary stylish materials. Two restaurants: L'Onyx serving "bistronomic" cuisine and La Table de l’Alpaca with a Michelin star. Excellent spa too. See More
Le Lodge Park Megève 49 rooms from £234Skiing - A stone's throw from the main lifts.Views - Great views from hotelSpaGreat walks - Good for walkers.Recommended by - Tablet
Les Fermes de Marie Megève 71 rooms from £152Child friendly - Dedicated space for the young in the Hameau des Enfants, with fully supervised activities programme.Restaurant - Four different dining options.SkiingSwimming Pool - Indoor PoolRecommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection
Hotel Bristol, Verbier Verbier 36 rooms from £246Total relaxation - Chill after a long day on the slopes in this cosy hotel, comfortable rooms boast wonderful views of the Combin Mountain Range.Active Holiday - Based in one of Europe's best ski resorts in winter, and a hiking and biking paradise in the summer months.Views - Great views from hotelTraditional
The Nevai Verbier 35 rooms from £260Total relaxation - Unwind in style with a spoiling spa treatments and fantastic cocktails and cuisine in the open-kitchen restaurant.Romantic - Good for couples.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.SpaRecommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection
The Hotel Mont Gelé Verbier, NOT TO SHOW 15 rooms from £250Hills & mountainsSkiingActive HolidayViews - Great views from hotel
Le Chalet de Flore Verbier 20 rooms from £335Families - An extensive selection of activities, conjoined rooms and a large play area make this an ideal option for families.Active Holiday - Set in the ultimate adventure playground of Verbier with a wide range of winter and summer activities.Full of characterViews - Great views from hotel