- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Save time, save money
Turkey's Best Turquoise Coast Hotels
Turkey’s Turquoise Coast is a glorious stretch of stunning blue sea, equally blue sky and abundant sunshine between Dalyan in the west through to Antalya in the East. The best known spots on the Turquoise Coast are Fethiye and Antalya, but our Guru’s list of the best Turquoise Coast hotels also includes properties in smaller towns such as Kas and Kalkan.
Best Turquoise Coast Hotels - Dalaman Area
Dalaman’s airport makes it a convenient entry point to the region’s popular resorts, and while the town isn’t the region’s most beautiful, it’s certainly very convenient. Most of our Guru’s best Turquoise Coast hotels in the Dalaman region are centred around Dalyan, where there are fascinating archaeological finds and all sorts of soft-adventure opportunities.
- First up, try the Kamarca House Hotel, a woodland hideaway owned by a chef, located just outside the resort. Inside antiques and contemporary furniture complement each other and whirlpool baths have been fitted as standard, outside there’s a lovely pool and terrace restaurant.
- If you’re looking for something a bit quirky, book the Villa Gokbel, where every bedroom is different, some have spectacular views over the Dalyan delta, and all are full of character.
- The last recommendation for our Dalyan list of best Turquoise Coast hotels is the Happy Caretta Hotel, an unpretentious, budget option close enough to the nightlife of Dalyan for those looking for a bit of action, but also far enough away to be peaceful.
Best Turquoise Coast Hotels - Fethiye Area
Modern Fethiye is on the site of ancient Telmessos, once the most important city in Lycia, and despite the busy resort, you can still see vestiges of its past everywhere. Hugely popular during the summer months, this coastline is a stunning run of white sandy beaches and inviting blue waters. Our collection of best Turquoise Coast hotels in the Fethiye area ranges from a chic haven in Ölüdeniz to a mountain hideaway just inland.
- The Yonca Lodge Hotel is an eco property on a beautiful beach on the gulf of Fethiye. Bright, breezy rooms are located in houses with views over the gulf on one side and a pine forest on the other. Set menu dinners offer locally sourced organic produce much of which comes from the hotel’s own garden.
- The second of our best Turquoise Coast hotels in this region is in Ölüdeniz, which has Turkey’s most iconic beach, and is a magnet for paragliders and other adrenalin junkies. The Oyster Residences is a great option if you wish to stay in the thick of the action, with painted wooden floorboards, whitewashed walls and shuttered windows. It also has beautiful gardens and a pool.
- Slightly further out of town you’ll find the Mountain Lodge, a family-run, family friendly village inn which is on of our best Turquoise Coast hotels for people on a budget. It’s got eight bedrooms, including a self catering studio, lovely gardens with pool and children’s play area.
Kas and Kalkan are a bit more bohemian, quieter and more charming than the larger beach resorts. You’ll not find endless pubs and clubs here, but you will find attractive harbourside bars, cafés and restaurants.
Postcard pretty Kas has a sleepy feel, with narrow alleys, whitewashed properties and splashes of glorious bougainvillea.
- The Hideaway Hotel is on the outskirts of the town is another of our best Turquoise Coast hotels for people looking for a bargain. This friendly guesthouse offers far more than anybody could expect for the amount of money they charge, including a good sized pool, a roof terrace with great views across to the Greek island of Kastellorizo, a TV room and honesty bar, and – five minutes walk downhill – its own bathing and sunning jetty on the seashore.
- If you’re looking for one of our best Turquoise Coast hotels with five stars then book a room at the Gardenia Boutique Hotel. Minimalist and sleek, it’s on the east side of Kas’ harbour, a stone’s throw from the seafront, and with beautiful views from the marble terrace.
- Our recommendations for the best Turquoise Coast hotels in Kalkan start with the Hotel Fidanka Houses. This property embodies the best of old and new with “rustic chic” suites overlooking a glorious garden. The infinity pool has views across the bay, but if you want to bathe in the sea itself, Kalkan’s beach is only two hundred metres away.
- Our final choice for the best Turquoise Coast hotels in Kalkan is another bargain property: the Hotel Begonvil, which combine Swiss efficiency with Turkish hospitality to great results. The simple rooms are all well appointed, some with seaview balconies, and they also have four self catering apartments which sleep four and are ideal for families.
If you haven’t found your own idea of the best Turquoise Coast hotels on our Guru’s list, you can expand your search to include:
- our Guru’s recommendations for the best Aegean Coast hotels,
- or the best Istanbul hotels,
- check out our Guru’s Ultimate Guide to the Best hotels in Turkey,
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Kamarca House Hotel 5 rooms from £193Dalyan (Tepearasi)
A charming country house, away from Dalyan’s resort strip but close enough to the fabulous beach. A homely hotel with stunning mountain views. Cosy stone walled rooms with beamed ceilings. The restaurant serves spectacular local cuisine. A laid backed hotel ideal for family holidays.Great walks - Head out for a wander through this scenic countryside, down to the coast or up the mountains.Sights nearby - Take a trip to the Lykia King Graves carved in to the rocks on a mountain.Sailing - The guesthouse can organise boatrips on the beautiful Dalyan Delta.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
Villa Gokbel 8 rooms from £62Dalyan
Quirky hideaway with breathtaking views over the Dalyan Delta at bargain prices. Celestial views of the lagoon below, minutes from the superb Iztuzu beach (one of the best in Turkey). Characterful rooms with exposed stone walls and wooden ceilings. A great choice for local exploring.Back to Nature - A tranquil retreat nestled in the naturally beautiful and protected area of Köycegiz-Dalyan with views of Lake Sulungur.Active Holiday - Ideal for the active guest with miles of walking and biking trails, swimming, fishing, windsurfing and rafting.Sights nearby - Visit the historical monuments of Lycian rock tombs and the ruins of the ancient city of Caunos.Local markets - Grab a bargain at one of the nearby Turkish Markets; Koycegiz, Fethiye, Marmaris or Dalyan.
Happy Caretta Hotel 14 rooms from £64Dalyan
A laid backed small hotel in a fantastic location. White washed rooms with splashes of colour coming from the Turkish rugs. Meals are served in the garden overlooking the Dalyan River. Within easy access of Daylan's sights and activities. Ideal for family holidays.Value chic - A charming hotel offering simple comfortable rooms with fantastic views over the gardens and waterways, at a reasonable rate.Active Holiday - The natural landscape lends itself perfectly for outdoor activities such as hiking, biking and white water rafting.Sights nearby - Visit the Lycian Kings Tombs and the ruins in Kaunos, just a 15 minute boat ride from the hotel.Secluded setting - For escaping.
Yonca Lodge 14 rooms from £68Fethiye (Yaniklar Koyu)
It's all in the location at this small hotel set in stunning gardens with a private beach. Traditionally styled rooms feature open fireplaces and terraces. Mediterranean and Aegean cuisine is served by a stream. An abundance of activities within easy access. Ideal for family holidays.Eco break - Great attention is paid to eco processes and sustainability- all natural building materials and the restaurant is organic.Total relaxation - Unwind in the lovely organic fruit orchards, overlooking the beach with comforting home cooked meals served al fresco.Diving - Head to one of the local dive centres and explore the crystal clear fish filled waters.Fishing - Fishing is available from the hotel, without charge. Try your hand at catching dinner!
Oyster Residences 25 rooms from £116Fethiye (Olu Deniz)
A romantic beach side property set in pretty gardens overlooking the beach. Light airy rooms with mosquito net draped beds and large modern bathrooms. A terraced restaurant specialises in Mediterranean seafood. Lounge by the pool sipping on cocktails. Ideal for a couples escape.Honeymoons - An elegant and grown up hotel featuring a romantic honeymoon suite with seperate entrance and terrace overlooking the beach.Beach Life - Set on the extensive white stretch of sand of Belcekız Beach, bask in the turquoise waters and enjoy sunset walks.Diving - There are diving opportunities in Ölüdeniz and further away near Kaş.Kayaking - Explore the coves in a sea kayak either on a day or a night tour.
The Mountain Lodge 8 rooms from £51Dalaman (Yaka-Tlos)
A charming family-run lodge, in from the seaside resorts, but not too far off the beaten track. Set within jasmine and palm filled gardens with a pool overlooking the Xantos Valley. Simple, traditional, rooms with beamed ceilings and white washed walls. Lovely home cooked food. A relaxing stay.Total relaxation - Unwind in style at this homely lodge- bask in the sunfilled gardens, lounge by the pool or sip wine under the canopy of stars.Country Escape - A charming countryside retreat surrounded by lovely jasmine scented gardens and fringed by mountains and the sea.Birdwatching - Twitchers bring your binoculars- Patara National park is a great area for birdwatching.Great walks - Hike to the local waterfalls through lush vegatation and mountainous paths.
Hideaway Hotel 19 rooms from £40Kaş (Kas)
Small, friendly guesthouse with caring staff, great views and a small pool on the outskirts of bohemian Kas. Beautifully simple rooms with white washed walls decorated with tiles and local artefacts. Traditional cuisine served along with local wines. Ideal for completely unwinding.Hideaway - Enjoy organic meals on the terrace overlooking the rugged mountains and sea, or unwind in the library with a good book.Active Holiday - The hotel can organise a number of outdoor pursuits either by land or sea in the surrounding area.Great walks - There are miles of trails and tracks to wander in this stunning terrain, bring your dog and explore.Sights nearby - Check out the fascinating Lycian and Roman remains that scatter this ancient land.
Gardenia Boutique Hotel 11 rooms from £87Kaş (Küçükçakıl Mevkii)
A modern hotel with epic views and unique stylish touches. Light airy rooms with contemporary artworks and large terraces overlooking the bay. Plenty to do in the area be it ruins or waterborne activities. A great choice for a chic seaside escape.Romantic Break - An elegant hotel with seafacing suites, within walking distance of restaurants and the crystal clear waters on the Med.Sights nearby - The ancient city of Antiphellos and its remains are spread all over Kaş, history buffs will love exploring this terrain.Diving - This is one of the best diving areas in Turkey, boasting clear waters and plenty of marine life.Great walks - There are miles of rugged countryside to be explored from this beachside property.
Hotel Fidanka Houses 15 rooms from £90Kalkan
The best of old and new; rustic-chic beach suites above a pretty garden courtyard bursting with greenery. An infinity pool with a fabulous panorama across the water, à la carte restaurant with regular poolside barbecues and lavish organic buffet breakfasts. Ideal for blissful beach holidays.Families - The suites can accommodate three people, plus the hotel boasting lush flower filled gardens and a lovely swimming pool.Beach Life - Situated on miles of white sands and crystal clear waters of the Kalkan Peninsular, with stunning views over the Med.Great walks - Walking tours can be arranged by the hotel, the perfect way to explore this stunning stretch of coast.Diving - There are daily diving trips from Kalkan and Kaş, don't miss out!
Hotel Begonvil 10 rooms from £79Kaş (Kas)
Beautifully simple pension in Kas offering rooms and apartments. Contemporary meets traditional with exposed stone walls, crisp white linen and subtle splashes of colour. A pretty swimming pool and stunning coastal views. A spa for completely unwinding. Great for inexpensive beach life.Families - A cheap and cheerful family holiday, within walking distance of the beach, with self catering rooms, and a pool.Sailing - Take a boat trip to Kekova, the sunken town from the fourth century.Diving - Some of Turkey's best diving spots are situated on nearby beaches.Sights nearby - Visit Myra, the place of origin of St. Nicholas and his church.