- ✓ Book Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Best Beach Hotels in Cornwall
If your idea of the perfect holiday involves sand and sea views - and the possibility of an exceptional meal and some great surfing, sailing or walking - then Cornwall is an obvious choice. But what’s wrong with the obvious choice? The only choice that’s difficult is choosing the best beach hotels in Cornwall, but it’s OK, our Gurus have taken care of that for you.
Cornwall is the perfect spot for a beach break. Whether you're after art in St Ives, food in Padstow, summer fun in Newquay, stunning coastlines around Bude or remote charm in Penzance, there’s a recommendation on our Guru’s list of the best beach hotels in Cornwall for you.
The Best Beach Hotels in Cornwall
The Best Beach Hotels in Cornwall for Ocean Views
- The Watergate Bay Hotel is right on Watergate Bay, which is a great surfing spot. Its main public space has glass walls opening out onto a panoramic ocean view and many of the rooms have views almost as all encompassing. It’s like sleeping on the beach, but with nice linen.
- The St Enodoc Hotel in Rock also has a stunning location with estuary views. The decor here is light and modern and there’s also a lively restaurant and family suites.
- At Newquay’s Lewinnick Lodge the beach is on your doorstep. There are ten simple yet stylish rooms, all decorated in pale shades, plus a breezy terrace.
The Best Beach Hotels in Cornwall for Couples
- The Old Quay House Hotel in Fowey is another exceptionally beautiful Cornish hotel. Its 11 rooms with their estuary views and contemporary charm are hard to beat and there’s another innovative Cornish restaurant.
- Pebble House on the cliffs above Mevagissey is a contemporary, adults only hotel with six spacious, luxurious rooms and suites and a very peaceful and relaxed atmosphere.
The Best Beach Hotels in Cornwall for Families
- St. Mawes has a number of excellent hotels, but the Hotel Tresanton is something quite special. There are 30 marine inspired rooms, and an innovative restaurant. And of course spectacular views. For younger guests there's a dedicated playroom and a children's garden.
- The St Moritz in Trebetherick is an airy, 48 room hotel with great access to a surf beach, two pools, a Cowshed spa and a friendly atmosphere.
- The Polurrian Bay Hotel is right by a great, sandy beach, and there are wonderful sea views from many of the 39 bedrooms. There are also indoor and outdoor pools and a spa and a gym, so you don’t have to go far from the hotel if you don't want to.
- Then there’s the glorious Talland Bay Hotel, surrounded by sub tropical gardens, with a New England feel. There’s also an award winning, but relaxed, restaurant and you’re just 40minutes from the Eden Project. And two minutes from the beach!
The Best Beach Hotels in Cornwall for a Hip Getaway
- The Idle Rocks is a 20 room boutique hotel right on the harbour wall in St. Mawes. Its design is up-to-the-moment and it’s got a wonderful seafood restaurant.
- If you want to visit the Tate in St. Ives and the Barbara Hepworth Museum, then Trevose Harbour House is a stunning, arty, nautique-y six room B&B, complete with a downstairs snug and an honesty bar.
The Best Beach Hotels in Cornwall for Great Value
- Tommy Jacks Beach Hotel is one of Cornwall’s newest hotels, with 20 modern, relaxed rooms and a surfer-y vibe in Bude. And rooms start from around £70 per night.
- For around the same rate, Treverbyn House is a three room retreat with antiques, wood floors, fireplaces and impressive views. Just a short walk from Padstow Harbour, you’re also close to some of the UK’s best beaches.
- Closer to the southern tip of Cornwall, round Penzance, you’ll find The Godolphin Arms, a ten room, family run, family hotel right on the coast. Rooms here start from £90 per night.
Still not sure which of our Guru’s recommendations for the best beach hotels in Cornwall might be perfect for you?
- Consult our list of all the best places to stay in Cornwall, or
- Contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.