The 15 Best Beach Hotels in Cornwall
If your idea of the perfect holiday involves sand and sea views - and the possibility of an exceptional meal and some great surfing, sailing or walking - then Cornwall is an obvious choice. And what’s wrong with the obvious choice? The only choice that’s difficult is choosing the best beach hotels in Cornwall, but it’s OK, our Gurus have taken care of that for you by creating a short list of the 15 best beach hotels in Cornwall to get uyou started. And they've included some Cornwall's best beach hotels for families, some of Cornwall's most romantic beach hotels and some of the best value beach hotels in Cornwall too.
Cornwall is the perfect spot for a beach break. Whether you're after art in St Ives, food in Padstow, summer fun in Newquay, stunning coastlines around Bude or remote charm in Penzance, there’s a recommendation on our Guru’s list of the 15 best beach hotels in Cornwall for you.
The 15 Best Beach Hotels in Cornwall
The Best Beach Hotels in Cornwall for Ocean Views
- The Watergate Bay Hotel is right on Watergate Bay, which is a great surfing spot. Its main public space has glass walls opening out onto a panoramic ocean view and many of the rooms have views almost as all encompassing. It’s like sleeping on the beach, but with nice linen.
- The St Enodoc Hotel in Rock also has a stunning location with estuary views. The decor here is light and modern and there’s also a lively restaurant and family suites.
- At Newquay’s Lewinnick Lodge the beach is on your doorstep. There are ten simple yet stylish rooms, all decorated in pale shades, plus a breezy terrace.
The Most Romantic Beach Hotels in Cornwall
- The Old Quay House Hotel in Fowey is another exceptionally beautiful Cornish hotel. Its 11 rooms with their estuary views and contemporary charm are hard to beat and there’s another innovative Cornish restaurant.
- Pebble House on the cliffs above Mevagissey is a contemporary, adults only hotel with six spacious, luxurious rooms and suites and a very peaceful and relaxed atmosphere.
The Best Beach Hotels in Cornwall for Families
- St Mawes has a number of excellent hotels, but the Hotel Tresanton is something quite special. There are 30 marine inspired rooms, and an innovative restaurant. And of course spectacular views. For younger guests there's a dedicated playroom and a children's garden.
- The St Moritz in Trebetherick is an airy, 48 room hotel with great access to a surf beach, two pools, a Cowshed spa and a friendly atmosphere.
- The Polurrian on the Lizard is right by a great, sandy beach, and there are wonderful sea views from many of the 39 bedrooms. There are also indoor and outdoor pools and a spa and a gym, so you don’t have to go far from the hotel if you don't want to.
- Then there’s the glorious Talland Bay Hotel, surrounded by sub tropical gardens, with a New England feel. There’s also an award winning, but relaxed, restaurant and you’re just 40minutes from the Eden Project. And two minutes from the beach!
The Best Beach Hotels in Cornwall for a Hip Getaway
- The Primrose Valley Hotel is jus toff the beach in St Ives and offers beautiful views of the lively bay. It has nine stylishly designed rooms and great service in an incredible spot.
- The Idle Rocks is a 20 room boutique hotel right on the harbour wall in St. Mawes. Its design is up-to-the-moment and it’s got a wonderful seafood restaurant.
- If you want to visit the Tate in St. Ives and the Barbara Hepworth Museum, then Trevose Harbour House is a stunning, arty, nautique-y six room B&B, complete with a downstairs snug and an honesty bar.
The Best Beach Hotels in Cornwall for Great Value
- Tommy Jacks Beach Hotel is one of Cornwall’s newest hotels, with 20 modern, relaxed rooms and a surfer-y vibe in Bude. And rooms start from around £70 per night.
- For around the same rate, Treverbyn House is a three room retreat with antiques, wood floors, fireplaces and impressive views. Just a short walk from Padstow Harbour, you’re also close to some of the UK’s best beaches.
- Closer to the southern tip of Cornwall, round Penzance, you’ll find The Godolphin Arms, a ten room, family run, family hotel right on the coast. Rooms here start from £90 per night.
Still not sure is any of our recommendations for the 15 best beach hotels in Cornwall is perfect for you?
- You could consult our list of all the best places to stay in Cornwall?
- or The Best Hotels in Cornwall for Families?
- or Cornwall's most romantic hotels?
- or you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
The 15 Best Beach Hotels in Cornwall
Watergate Bay Hotel Watergate Bay, Cornwall from £200
Overlooking one of Cornwall's superb surfing beaches, Watergate Bay Hotel is a prime, retro beachside getaway. Chic rooms are decorated in contrasting palettes of greys, yellows and blues. The Living Space boasts panoramic glass walls whilst Zacry's restaurant serves up locally sourced cuisine.Great walks - Try your hands (and feet) at Nordic walking.Surfing - Watergate Bay is a prime surf spot.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Views - Great views from hotel
St Enodoc Hotel Rock, Cornwall 20 rooms from £170
Charming beachside hotel with views of Camel Estuary. Modern, breezy rooms are chic and comfortable. The lively restaurant serves healthy, modern dishes. Vibrant and cosy, with top marks for stunning location and warmth of service.Families - Family suites, games room, special kiddies menus and a wealth of fun beachside activities make this an ideal family getaway.Foodies - Fresh, local, seasonal produce is used in the hotels seafood restaurant to create flavoursome innovative cuisine.Beach Life - Right on the beach, with nautical blue and white interiors and plenty of water based fun at hand.Surfing - The hotel will organise a private surf lessons with George Stoy, a perfect introduction to Cornwall's most popular sport!
Lewinnick Lodge Newquay (North Cornwall) 10 rooms from £145
Wake up to views of the rugged Cornish coastline. Simple yet stylish, modern rooms decorated in light palettes with modern bathroom suites to match. The beach is quite literally on your doorstep. Enjoy dinner and a drink out on the breezy terrace.This hotel is like a breath of fresh sea air.Sights nearby - The Blue Reef Aquarium and Newquay Zoo are a short driveSailing - Newquay sailing club for all your nautical needsSurfing - Newquay surf school is a great place to learnGreat walks - Ask for a map of the many coastal walks
Old Quay House Hotel Fowey, Cornwall 11 rooms from £200
Boutique luxury in the heart of Fowey with ample amounts of sea air, estuary views and contemporary charm. Crisp, minimalist rooms are breezy and comfortable. The restaurant serves an inventive menu of local seafood delights. An ideal spot for a romantic mini break away from city life.Great walks - Wonderful walking all around this area, a particualr favourite is the picturesque Hall Walk, which ends in pretty Polruan.Sights nearby - The ruins of St Catherine’s Castle sit on the edge of the town and command spectacular views of the harbour.Sailing - Yacht rental is available nearby, head off with a professional skipper or simply charter your own course.Kayaking - Kayak rental is possible from the village of Golant, the perfect way to explore this stunning coast.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Kiwi Collection, Sawdays, Tablet, I Escape
Pebble House Mevagissey, Cornwall 4 rooms from £165
Contemporary adults only guesthouse with views to die for on the cliffs above Mevagissey. Spacious rooms and suites with contemporary interiors and luxury fittings as standard. A relaxed, grown up spot for a romantic seaside break with a home from home vibe accompanied by top notch service.Views - Panoramic views over Mevagissey BaySights nearby - Eden Project and the Lost Gardens of Heligon are both close by, plus country houses and much noreGreat walks - The coastal path is on your doorstep and there is a drying room for muddy boots and clothes!Restrictions on children - Adults only property
Hotel Tresanton St Mawes, Cornwall 30 rooms from £260
Stylish, laid back coastal hotel resting over St Mawes with views of the great blue. Marine inspired rooms are cosy, comfortable and plush. Seafood and local produce make up the innovative menu. Ideal for a romantic weekend, a family getaway and adventure enthusiasts with sailing, walks and more.Exclusive offer - Special offerGreat walks - One of the most picturesque parts of the British Isles with miles of coastal trails and paths to explore.Sights nearby - Stunning three mile walk past St Mawes Castle - built by Henry VIII.Kids Club - Summer months onlyHouse party feel - Be prepared to meet people.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Frommers, Kiwi Collection, I Escape
St Moritz Trebetherick, Cornwall 48 rooms from £120
An airy, stylish and family friendly seaside hotel near great surfing and walking. Offers a Cowshed spa, two pools and good deals off season.Great walks - Good for walkers.FamiliesSurfing - Suitable beaches nearby.Swimming Pool - Outdoor and Indoor Pools
Polurrian on The Lizard West Cornwall 39 rooms from £120
Family friendly hotel in an incredible setting with a fabulous sandy beach a stone's throw away. Breathtaking sea views can be enjoyed from the comfort of lovely, airy, bright bedrooms. Indoor and outdoor pools, a spa and gym combined with the sea air means you can't help but feel rejuvenated.Child friendly - Polurrian Bay Hotel has an Ofsted-registered crèche and there are indoor and outdoor play areas.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.FamiliesKayaking - Go on a kayaking or coasteering trip with Lizard Adventure.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide, I Escape
Talland Bay Hotel Cornwall from £95
Glorious hotel set in 2 acres of sub tropical gardens just two minutes from the beach. Stunning interiors feature sleigh beds, funky fabrics and bedrooms have a New England Beach House vibe. Award winning fine dining or more relaxed Brasserie. Perfect family friendly beach-chic retreat!Back to Nature - Views of the sea and the coastal path just 2 minute walk away keeps you in touch with natureGreat walks - Miles of coastal paths can be explored right from the Talland Bay Hotel doorstepSights nearby - The Eden Project which is just 40 minutes easy driving from the hotelSailing - Can be booked nearby.Recommended by - Sawdays, Good Hotel Guide
Primrose Valley Hotel St Ives (West Cornwall) 9 rooms from £150
Just off the beach, Primrose Valley Hotel epitomises Cornwall's superb hospitality culture. With views that flow out across the beautiful surroundings and stylishly designed rooms, it's a hotel that makes the best of its surroundings. A coastal gem.Surfing - The Cornish coast is a haven for surfers. From novice to pro, you'll find a wave for you.Sights nearby - Land's End is just over ten miles away.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Views - Great views from hotel
The Idle Rocks St Mawes, Cornwall 20 rooms from £180
Seaside boutique hotel, attracting the younger crowd, with a perfect position right on the harbour wall in St Mawes. Up to the moment design and wonderful restaurant with the freshest fishy ingredients.Child friendly - Family rooms, children's mealsSailing - Can be booked nearby.Lively - Hip and happening.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
Trevose Harbour House St Ives (West Cornwall) 6 rooms from £165
As refreshing as the Cornish coastline you can see from your window this nautical inspired B&B is simply stunning. Six individually designed bedrooms ooze style with colour palettes to match the sky and surf of St Ives. The downstairs snug offers an honesty bar & breakfast is totally organic.Sights nearby - For art lovers the Tate St Ives and Barbara Hepworth Museum and Sculpture Garden are worth a visit.Sailing - Take a boat trip to Seal Island where you can spot seals, dolphins and much more.Great walks - To the Lizard Peninsula and the Kynance Cove makes for an excellent day out.Surfing - Nearby Porthmeor Beach is where surfers go to hang ten.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
Tommy Jacks Beach Hotel Bude (North Cornwall) 20 rooms from £84
One of Cornwall's newest hotels offers modern, fashionable rooms in a relaxed, surfer-inspired beach environment. Rooms available to suit couples and families. Hotel restaurant offers locally caught seafood and other hearty fare. Ideal for beach-loving people who fancy something a bit different.Surfing - Suitable beaches nearby.Quirky - Amazon basin, Mangrove and rockpool aquarium tanks.Great walks - Perfect for exploring the Cornish coast.Full of character
Treverbyn House Padstow, Cornwall 3 rooms from £75
Under the same ownership for over 20 years, Treverbyn House is a well oiled machine. With just three rooms, each individually decorated with exposed wood floors, antique furnishings, fireplaces and impressive views. A famous Full English is served. The property is a short walk from Padstow Harbour.Surfing - Cornwall has the best surf beaches in the country. Harlyn Surf School caters for beginners and improvers.Local markets - Padstow Harbour, a traditional fishing town, is worth a wander.Sailing - Daily boat trips run from Padstow to Rock.Full of character
The Godolphin Arms West Cornwall 10 rooms from £90
Recently renovated, family run beachside hotel on the unspoilt Cornish coast with beautiful views and modern, well-equipped rooms. The restaurant and bar offer local Cornish dishes and a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. Suited for families and couples alike due to excellence of staff and location.Bar - Beachside barSeaviews - From some rooms.On the beach - In front of the hotel.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.