The 13 Best Hotels for 5th Avenue, New York
5th Avenue stretches from Washington Square Park in Greenwich Village to West 143rd Street in Harlem, however, more importantly, it is thought of as one of the world’s most exclusive thoroughfares. Choosing to stay at one of the best hotels for 5th Avenue means you are close not only to one of the world’s great shopping streets but also just a stone's throw from Central Park, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Guggenheim, the MoMA, Times Square and Broadway. You’re also right up the road from the Empire State Building. So, essentially, you are surrounded by Manhattan landmarks. With such a glitzy postcode it is no wonder that the best hotels near 5th Avenue are also some of the best hotels in New York. Here you can book a room at one of the city's grand classic stays but there are also a good range of sleek modern hotels and some with noteworthy restaurants too. Our hotel experts have compiled a collection of their favourite hotels in the area to suit most tastes and budgets. So why not browse through our list to start planning your next stay?
For traditional elegance
- The Sherry Netherland is a grand historic hotel set on 5th Avenue opposite Central Park. Elegant traditional rooms and suites feature decorative mouldings, fireplaces, sweeping vistas and spacious marble bathrooms. Playing host to the iconic lobby restaurant Harry Cipriani, this is a standout stay.
- The Pierre is a luxury stay overlooking Central Park in the Upper East Side. Neoclassical elegance defines the hotel, from the grand facade to the beautifully appointed rooms decorated in subtle pastel hues. With the acclaimed restaurant Perrine, this is a decadent choice.
- The Mark is right in the heart of the Upper East Side and offers some old fashioned elegance despite a recent refurbishment by French designer Jacques Grange. The award-winning restaurant, which has become extremely popular with celebrities and New York royalty, is worthy of a visit alone.
- Evelyn Hotel is a surprisingly affordable art-deco hotel set in trendy NoMad. Stylish and sophisticated rooms have vintage touches and antique furnishings. Benno, the hotel's Michelin star restaurant, offers a memorable fine-dining experience featuring coastal Mediterranean cuisine. Complete with a renowned cocktail bar — this is an alluring choice.
- NoMad is a chic boutique hotel with a lively bar and a grand two-storied library. Notably large, moody rooms house local artist works and the best have in-room tubs. Refined Michelin starred dining, crafted by notable chef Daniel Humm and restauranteur Will Guidara, is complemented by a renowned wine list. A hip choice.
For contemporary style
- Andaz 5th Avenue is a chic concept hotel located right on 5th Avenue. Interiors are minimalist and sleek with sharp lines, whitewashed walls, and plenty of glass overlooking the iconic skyline. Complete with a cocktail bar and tapas restaurant, this is an undeniably stylish stay.
- Baccarat Hotel is a swanky New York establishment in the heart of Midtown. Enormous rooms are all white on white style with indulgent marble bathrooms. Complete with a fine-dining restaurant and hip cocktail bar as well as the obligatory spa and indoor pool, it may not be cheap but it's certainly worth the price.
- Stylish and recently renovated, The Roger is contemporary, elegant and in a great spot on Madison Avenue offering views of the Empire State Building from the best of its luxe rooms and suites — some even have a private balcony or terrace. The lobby doubles as a bar and bistro offering a relaxed vibe and excellent cocktails.
- The Lowell is a charming Upper East Side Hotel, just a block to the east of Central Park. The decor is very classical; think marble bathrooms, elegant furnishings, artworks, and even real wood-burning fireplaces. The location is residential, a quiet tree-lined street off Madison Avenue, and the overall feel is of staying in a gorgeous townhouse.
- The Whitby is one of the newest additions in husband and wife duo Tim and Kit Kemp's portfolio and it doesn't disappoint. Their beautifully designed rooms make traditional style contemporary — and the best rooms have large terraces. There’s also a chic bar, an excellent restaurant and a cinema!
- The Langham New York is an opulent 5* hotel situated right on 5th Avenue. Luxurious contemporary rooms have indulgent amenities, original artworks, and large marble-clad bathrooms with rainfall showers and sweeping views of the Manhattan skyline. With Riviera-inspired cuisine and artisan cocktails, this is a refined and classic stay.
- The Peninsula New York is a grand five-star again set right on 5th Avenue. Old school elegance is found in the vast lobby and elegant New York restaurant, while the trendy rooftop terrace and subdued rooms have more of a contemporary flair. Complete with a spa, indoor pool, and (of course) standout service.
For a unique stay
- Library Hotel is a book-lover's paradise set between Grand Central and Bryant Park featuring literary-themed rooms and a writer's den. The rooftop bar and poetry garden offer excellent cocktails and city views. A truly unique place to absorb art and culture.
Still not sure where to book?
- You could expand your search to include our list of the best places to stay in New York.
- Or you could try our Guru's recommendations for the Best Midtown Manhattan Hotels, the Best Uptown Manhattan Hotels, or the Best Hotels for Wall Street and the Financial District.
- Or you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
The Whitby New York 86 rooms from £621Local exploring - Perfectly positioned just two blocks from Central Park and with easy access to many restaurants, galleries and bars.City Style - An uber chic property designed by the renowned hotelier Kit Kemp.Great walks - Take a stroll around Central Park.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - Design Hotels, Tablet
One of the newest additions in husband and wife duo Tim and Kit Kemp's portfolio and it doesn't disappoint. Beautifully designed rooms makes traditional style contemporary. The best rooms boast large terraces. Complete with chic bar, excellent restaurant and a cinema this is hotel perfection. See More
Lowell Hotel New York 74 rooms from £527City Style - Sleek accommodations in the heart of the cityGreat walks - Just one block from Central ParkTraditional5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Recommended by - Tablet, Frommers, Kiwi Collection
A finely crafted and charmingly intimate Upper East Side hotel, one block from Central Park. Classically decorated - marble bathrooms, neutral tones, paintings, and elegant furnishings. Some rooms have real wood burning fireplaces. A luxurious destination, reminiscent of a private townhouse. See More
The Mark, New York New York 152 rooms from £699City Style - Upper East Side glamour in all its old-moneyed glory with a clean cut and suave injection of style from designer Jacques Grange.Foodies - The phenomenal Jean Georges heads the kitchen here, be prepared for some of the best food in NY- and that's saying something!Great walks - New York was made for walking, this hotels central location makes it ideal for exploring on foot.OpulentRecommended by - Tablet, Fodors, Frommers, Kiwi Collection
An old favourite with spectacular neo-deco Jacques Granges interiors. Right in the heart of Upper East Side, old style elegance meets modern chic. The award-winning restaurant is reason enough to visit. A super stylish way to experience New York. Popular with celebs and New York royalty! See More
Evelyn Hotel New York 160 rooms from £105Foodies - Benno, the hotel's Michelin star restaurant, offers a distinct fine-dining experience featuring coastal Mediterranean cuisineLocal exploring - From uptown to downtown, east side to west, The Evelyn Hotel is situated conveniently to all of Manhattan's destinationsValue chic - Really affordable prices, especially for this area of ManhattanRestaurant - Three dining options with a casual Roman-inspired bakery, café and trattoria, as well as, a fine-dining Mediterranean restaurant
An affordable art-deco hotel set just north of Madison Square Garden in trendy NoMad. Stylish and sophisticated rooms have vintage touches, antique furnishings and marble bathrooms with heated floors. Michelin starred Benno restaurant is unmissable and there's Leonelli's for a cocktail or two. See More
The Langham New York New York 234 rooms from £404Local exploring - Close to Bryant Park and the Empire State Building, discover a metropolitan style that embodies the dynamic spirit of the cityCity Style - Nestled in the city’s most coveted district, Midtown Manhattan, a limestone tower that soars 60 stories into the skySights nearby - The famous Times Square is only a 15 minute walk away and the Empire State Building is just around the cornerRestaurant - Chic settings, inspired menus showcasing a celebration of the French and Italian Riviera
An opulent 5* hotel situated on the iconic 5th Avenue. Luxurious contemporary rooms have indulgent amenities, original artworks, large marble-clad bathrooms with rainfall showers and sweeping views of the Manhattan skyline. Taste Riviera-inspired cuisine and sip artisan cocktails at the lounge. See More
Library Hotel, New York New York 60 rooms from £181Theme hotel - Floors are themed around a category of the Dewey Decimal systemWriting a novel - A literary-themed hotel with library and poetry gardenLiterary - The free public library is within walking distanceCity Style - Contemporary comfort in the heart of the cityRecommended by - Fodors, Frommers
A book-lovers' paradise between Grand Central and Bryant Park. Literary themed rooms and writer's den. The rooftop bar and poetry garden offer excellent cocktails and city views. Complimentary continental breakfast is served in the Reading Room. A truly unique place to absorb art and culture. See More
The Roger New York 194 rooms from £159Foodies - On the edge of Madison Square Park and the Flatiron District, which feature plenty of high-end restaurants and stylish bars.Local exploring - A little off the beaten track but well connected to the major tourist sites and buzzing with local offerings.Views - Some rooms with terraces have breath-taking views across Manhattan.City Style - A landmark location on Manhattan's Madison Avenue.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet
Stylish, recently renovated hotel with contemporary and elegant designer furnishings & a fantastic location on Madison Ave. Many rooms have stunning views of the Empire State Building and private furnished terraces. Colourful, bright, and buzzy this hotel is perfect for a cool city break. See More
NoMad New York State 168 rooms from £324Sights nearby - Empire State Building - Travel five blocks north and 102 floors up, and you’ll be at the top of the Empire State Building.Views - Great views from hotelLively - Hip and happening.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Tablet, Mr & Mrs Smith
This broadway and art boutique offers a lively bar and a two-storied library. Notably large, contemporary rooms house local artist works and show off with spectacular city views. Refined dining complimented by a renowned wine list. Very close to Madison Park, offering local exploring with ease. See More
The Sherry Netherland New York 50 rooms from £358City Style - Surrounded by New York City shopping, steps away from Central Park and in the presence of Manhattan’s finest restaurantsRestaurant - Ciparini's is a cherished Central Park fixture and is a near duplicate of the famed Harry's Bar in VeniceFamilies - In Central Park visit the Central Park Zoo and the Central Park Lake to paddle your own rowboatSights nearby - See epic views atop the world famous Empire State Building and Walk to the heart of Times Square in about 15 minutes
A grand historic hotel set on 5th Avenue opposite Central Park. Elegant traditional rooms and suites feature decorative mouldings, fireplaces, sweeping vistas and spacious marble bathrooms. Playing host to the iconic lobby restaurant Harry Cipriani, this is a standout stay. See More
The Pierre New York (Upper East Side) 714 rooms from £481Local exploring - With Central Park on your doorstep, plus endless boutiques, bars and restaurants, choose this hotel as a base for exploringRomantic Break - Luxurious guestrooms and an award-winning restaurant make this hotel the perfect choice for a special romantic breakCity Style - With an iconic Manhattan location and sophisticated guestrooms, this hotel has reams of classic New York styleGreat walks - Explore New York's most famous green space, Central Park, which neighbours the hotel
This luxury New York bolt-hole overlooks Central Park in the Upper East Side. Neoclassical elegance defines the hotel, from the grand facade to the beautifully appointed rooms decorated in subtle pastel hues. Dine at the hotel's acclaimed restaurant Perrine. A chic city base. See More
The Peninsula New York New York 239 rooms from £5805* Luxury - With exemplary service, an upscale New York restaurant, a spa, and a trendy roof top cocktail bar - this is luxury definedFamilies - With excellent facilities for all ages including dedicated kids' amenities, this is an excellent luxury family stayLocal exploring - Set in the middle of the famed shopping street Fivth Avenue and close to Central Park, museums, and BroadwayRestaurant - Dine in the laid back Gotham Lounge or upscale ClementRecommended by - Tablet
A grand five-star set in midtown New York right on Fifth Avenue. Old school elegance is found in the vast lobby and elegant New York restaurant. While the trendy rooftop terrace and subdued rooms have more of a contemporary flair. Complete with a spa, indoor pool, and (of course) standout service. See More
Baccarat Hotel New York 114 rooms from £679Local exploring - Set just across from the MoMA this hotel is located in the heart of Midtown with numerous sights within walking distanceCity Style - About as stylish as it gets, this design hotel is the height of sophisticationSights nearby - The Rockefeller Center and Times Square are both within walking distanceSwimming Pool - Huge heated indoor pool surrounded by cabanas for a Cote d'Azur vibe
A swanky New York establishment in the heart of Midtown. Enormous rooms are all white on white style with indulgent marble bathrooms. Complete with a fine-dining restaurant and hip cocktail bar as well as the obligatory spa and indoor pool, it may not be cheap but it's certainly worth the price. See More
Andaz 5th Avenue New York 184 rooms from £410City Style - A contemporary space made up of large expanses of glass and minimilist design - an undeniably hip stay in the heart of ManhattanLocal exploring - Well situated in between Times Square and Grand Central Terminal - perfect for exploring MidtownRestaurant - The trendy but informal resturant cum bar, Bar Downstairs, serves tapas and a great cocktail selectionSpa - A spa that comes to the guests with in-room services provided by NOMI BeautyRecommended by - Kiwi Collection
A chic concept hotel located in the heart of Midtown. Interiors are minimalist & sleek with sharp lines, whitewashed walls, and plenty of glass overlooking the iconic skyline. The suites with large terraces are particularly impressive. A cocktail bar and tapas restaurant complete the picture. See More