12 of Times Square's Best Hotels
If it's a fast-paced NYC experience you are in search of: darting from one attraction to another, hitting the shops, and finishing your day with a Broadway show, drinks, and dinner — then picking a hotel near Times Square is a good option. As one of the city's most frequently visited areas, there is a wide choice of hotels from no-frills budget options for those who want to just drop their bags and go, to classic New York stays. Our hotel experts have scanned the neighbourhood to bring you Times Square's best hotels chosen on their amenities, design, service, and price tag. So whether you are planning a romantic escape or a city break with family or friends, why not browse through our collection to choose your stay?
For city style
- The Westhouse Hotel is technically closer to MoMA than Times Square, but this exclusive hotel’s location is just really convenient for a lot of places, Central Park and Times Square included. Channelling rich 1920s glamour with a touch of Art Deco, it boasts crystal chandeliers, polished wooden floors, a vintage speakeasy bar and al fresco dining on the 23rd floor.
- The Time New York is a hidden gem perfectly located just steps from Times Square. Stylish modern rooms are decorated in dusky pastels and boast slate bathrooms reimagined as wetrooms with rainfall showers. With Intriguing geometric artwork and a chic lounge and bar — this is a stylish and convenient base to return to after watching a Broadway show.
For a classic New York stay
- Vibrant and friendly, the Casablanca Hotel is one of the best places to stay if you want to be right in the heart of things. The decor, as you may have guessed, is Moroccan inspired, with beautiful mosaics, tapestries and paintings, impressive rugs and even ornate ceiling fans. These unique, careful touches, and the fact that it's incredibly well priced for the location, means that the 48 rooms are often booked solid with repeat guests.
For a boutique
- Hotel Scherman is a stylish boutique hotel with a European feel, well located just minutes from Times Square. Elegant rooms have feature wallpaper, kitchenettes and the best have terraces. With a trendy rooftop and hearty French breakfasts, this is an intimate and chic choice.
- Merrion Row Hotel & Public House is a chic boutique hotel situated in the heart of Times Square. Drawing on the style of a Dublin townhouse, guestrooms have pastel walls set off by brass fittings and royal blue accents, plus art inspired by Ireland. A fun and laidback option perfect for a stylish city crashpad.
- Moxy NYC Times Square is a lively and social boutique hotel just steps from Times Square. Contemporary rooms are compact yet well designed with epic city views. Relish the sunset and savour a cocktail at Magic Hour, the largest all-season, indoor/outdoor rooftop bar in NYC with its own mini amusement park. A good option for the young and trendy.
- The City Club Hotel feels like a gentleman’s club because that’s what it used to be: subtly luxurious, classy and welcoming. The French-American restaurant is curated by award-winning chef Daniel Boulud, and it’s got a bit of French glamour too.
For a luxury hotel
- The Algonquin Hotel opened its doors in 1902 and has been doing a roaring trade ever since, probably helped along by the fact that Dorothy Parker and the Algonquin Round Table (otherwise known as the ‘vicious circle’) would meet every day for lunch throughout the 1920s. The decor is gorgeous, an antique lover's dream, and they even still have a hotel cat.
- The Chatwal is a historic 44th Street hotel, built in 1905, where art-deco design blends seamlessly with modern conveniences. Luxuries include a spa and personal butler service as standard. However, it is the gourmet dining at The Lambs Club, a historic culinary landmark set in gilded deco period surrounds, that really impresses.
For great value
- Room Mate Grace is a funky and lively hotel just minutes from Times Square with surprisingly good spa facilities, a colourfully illuminated indoor pool with underwater music and a swim-up bar.
- CitizenM New York is another in that set of innovative, modern, no-frills-hotels-with-funky-design. It’s about one minute from Times Square, has wall-to-wall windows and a panoramic rooftop bar.
- The Times Square Edition is a crisp, slick, modern hotel and destination for food lovers. The Michelin starred 701West boasts an acclaimed a la carte menu and sumptuous surroundings for unforgettable meals just minutes from Broadway.
Still not sure where to book?
- Expand your search to include our list of the best places to stay in New York or our Guru's recommendations for Manhattan's Best Hotels.
- You could try our Guru's recommendations for the Best Midtown Manhattan Hotels, the Best Uptown Manhattan Hotels or the Best Hotels for Wall Street and the Financial District.
- Alternatively, you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
WestHouse Hotel New York 172 rooms from £128City Style - Beautiful rooftop terrace, exclusive lounge and bar, and an award-winning concierge skilled at building specialised itineries.Families - A number of rooms are available that cater for children: double and connecting rooms which also provide childrens bathrobes.Local exploring - Located in Midtown Manhattan, an 8-minute walk from Times Square, and 3-minutes from Central Park.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Small Luxury Hotels
Exclusive hotel in a fantastic location, a few minutes from Times Square and Central Park. Channeling rich 1920s glamour with a touch of Art Deco, it boasts crystal chandeliers and polished wooden floors. Designer decor in the rooms, a vintage speakeasy bar, and al fresco dining on the 23rd floor. See More
City Club Hotel New York 65 rooms from £85City Style - Former gentleman's club turned into chic hotel in fantastically central location with award-winning cuisine from Daniel Boulud.Local exploring - 3 blocks from Times Square, half a mile from the Rockefeller Centre and close to shops like Tiffany & Co, Prada and AppleFoodies - Daniel Boulud's coveted cuisine has Manhattan's fastidious foodies queuing to try it.Restaurant - DB Bistro Moderne from award-winning chef Daniel Boulud: French-American cuisine in a lively front room or intimate back room.Recommended by - I Escape
Impressive former gentleman's club preserving the glamour and style as a hotel just minutes from Times Square and Broadway. The subtly luxurious decor of the bedrooms exudes warmth and class, and award-winning chef Daniel Boulud serves up a coveted menu of French-American dishes in the restaurant. See More
Casablanca Hotel New York 48 rooms from £186Sights nearby - Located just a few steps from Times Square and Rockefeller Center.Great walks - Bryant Park is just a seven minute walk away from the hotel.Romantic - Good for couples.Lively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - Fodors, Frommers
The Algonquin Hotel New York 156 rooms from £333Sights nearby - This downtown hotel is just seven minute walk from Times Square and ten from the Rockefeller Center.Literary - A well-known literary history.Historic - Oldest-running hotel in NYC.Business Hotel
Room Mate Grace New York 139 rooms from £85Local exploring - Minutes from Times Square, Bryant Park, Rockefeller Centre and the Museum of Modern Art, as well as great brand shops.City Style - 1970s inspired hotel minutes from Times Square with an indoor pool and bar, and brightly coloured retro rooms.Swimming Pool - A large, funky indoor pool with colourful light shows, underwater music, a swim-up bar and groovy seating area.Lively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - I Escape
Funky and lively hotel just minutes from Times Square with a colourfully illuminated indoor pool with underwater music and a swim-up bar. The modest, modern rooms are brought to life by vibrant Jonathan Adler wallpaper, and great spa facilities are available (sauna, steam room, gym, pool, massages). See More
CitizenM New York New York 229 rooms from £91City Style - In the heart of Manhattan, a few minutes from Times Square and Central Park, and rooms have wall-to-wall windows for great viewsValue chic - The hotel is modern, chic, and at the epicentre of NYC, but strives to provide the most reasonable prices.Local exploring - Located so centrally, this hotel is perfect for anyone wanting to explore New York from its very heart.Views - The 360 degree views from the panoramic rooftop bar are truly spectacular.
Innovative and modern hotel in the heart of Manhattan, 1 minute from Times Square. It prioritises experience and value: bright, cosy, clean rooms, all with wall-to-wall windows to immerse the guest in the bustle of NYC at a reasonable price. A panoramic rooftop bar also provides spectacular views. See More
Hotel Scherman New York 27 rooms from £116Local exploring - Located in Midtown Manhattan, the hotel is the perfect base for exploring nearby theatres, restaurants and Times SquareRestaurant - The Bourbon Street Bar and Grille is an ode to New Orleans with signature chicken and seafood dishesGreat walks - Walk to Madison Square Garden and wonder through the stunning gardenSights nearby - Visit the world-famous Times Square only 500 metres from the hotel
A chic Parisian boutique hotel set in Midtown Manhattan just 5 minutes from Times Square. Spacious elegant rooms have feature wallpaper, kitchenettes and the best have terraces. Enjoy a delicious French breakfast with fresh pastries and experience incredible city vistas from the trendy rooftop. See More
The Time New York New York 193 rooms from £182City Style - In the heart of New York, the city that never sleeps, guests are just a minute away from all the funLocal exploring - Catch a Broadway show, sample international cuisine or admire world-famous attractionsSights nearby - Visit iconic NY landmarks like Times Square and Rockefeller Plaza, less than a 10 minute walk awayRestaurant - Serafina, located on the first floor, is a charming dining spot with its heart in Northern Italy
A hidden gem nestled in the Theater District, just steps from Times Square. Spacious, stylish and contemporary rooms have dusky pastels and slate bathrooms reimagined as wetrooms with rainfall showers. Intriguing geometric artwork; a chic lounge and bar; this hotel is full of surprises. See More
The Times Square EDITION New York 452 rooms from £273City Style - Situated in the heart of New York City, stylish rooms wih views over Times Square provide the archetypical city style experienceFoodies - The 701West, rated 3 stars by The New York Times, proffers outstanding dishes to complement an impressive Old World wine listClose to nightlife - Conveniently located in one of New York's best districts for comedy, clubs, bars and theatreSights nearby - Minutes from Times Square intersection, Broadway and Central Park, this location is a perfect sightseeing base
Savour breathtaking views in the heart of New York at The Times Square EDITION. A crisp, slick, modern hotel and destination for food lovers. The Michelin starred 701West boasts an acclaimed a la carte menu and sumptuous surroundings for unforgettable meals just minutes from Broadway. See More
Moxy NYC Times Square New York 612 rooms from £109Local exploring - A New York minute from everywhere you want to be: the Theater District, Garment District, 5th Avenue shopping and Hudson YardsCity Style - Sip on artisan cocktails whilst gazing at the skyline at THE best rooftop bar in the whole of ManhattanHotel Entertainment - Magic hour has an "urban amusement park” concept, nightly live DJs and epic skyline viewsValue chic - Contemporary and stylish rooms in a prime location at an affordable price
A lively and social boutique hotel just steps from Times Square. Contemporary rooms are compact yet well designed with epic city views. Relish the sunset and savour a cocktail at Magic Hour, the largest all-season, indoor/outdoor rooftop bar in NYC with its own mini amusement park. Manhattan chic. See More
Merrion Row Hotel & Public House New York 28 rooms from £334Romantic Break - With stylish suites and a charming Irish bar and restaurant onsite, book this hotel for your next romantic getawayCity Style - With boutique interiors and an unbeatable New York location, this hotel has reams of chic city styleLocal exploring - Set in the midst of the New York theatre district, there is plenty to explore local to this hotelSights nearby - Step out of the hotel into the bright lights of Times Square, one of the most iconic locations in New YorkRecommended by - Tablet
This boutique hotel sits in the heart of New York's Times Square. Drawing on the style of a Dublin townhouse, guestrooms have pastel walls set off by brass fittings and royal blue accents, plus art inspired by Ireland. Have pre-theatre dinner at the restaurant or relax in the bar after sightseeing. See More
The Chatwal New York (Midtown Manhattan) 76 rooms from £398Romantic Break - Impressive and decedant, the plush rooms and unparalleled services lend themselves to a romantic stayFoodies - Gourmet dining at The Lambs Club, a historic culinary landmark set in gilded deco period surroundsCity Style - One of the city's most beloved and eminent establishments, in the heart of stylish ManhattanDesigner - The hotel features a collection of specially designed suites by Thierry Despont
This historic 44th St. hotel, built in 1905, continues to impress and enchant with art-deco design blending seamlessly with modern conveniences. Equipped with an excellent restaurant, spa and sauna, and a personal butler as standard, the Chatwal offers a personal and bespoke service for every guest. See More