Search the best hotels in Siem Reap
About Siem Reap
Visitors come to Siem Reap to see the incredible temples of Angkor, but many are surprised by how much there is to do here besides visiting the magnificent Angkor Wat. Siem Reap is now one of Cambodia’s main travel hubs, but it’s not all busy backpacker hostels. If you’re looking for resort style luxury then our Guru’s recommendations for the best places to stay in Siem Reap won’t disappoint.
The same can be said if you’re looking for a spoiling spa or a traditional charmer. And if you’ve brought your whole family here to enjoy something amazing together then you’ll find that there are plenty of options on our Guru’s list for families.
Don’t plan to come in to Siem Reap, see the temples and the markets and then leave. It’s far better to give yourself a bit of time between temples, and it would be a shame to miss out on Siem Reap’s highlights.
Siem Reap has developed an excellent reputation with foodies, and there’s a wonderful fusion of cuisine happening here. There are some fantastic eateries, but many of the hotels on our Guru’s choices in Siem Reap have notable restaurants - some of them award-winning - and you’ll find a great mix of Khmer and international cuisine.
Siem Reap is also known for its silk farms.
Siem Reap also has a number of lovely gardens, some botanical, and one, the garden of local sculptor Dy Proeung, has a miniature replica of Angkor’s temples, including Angkor Was, Banteay Srei and the Bayon.
There’s also a War Museum and Cambodia’s most famous circus.
What not to miss
- The many temples in Siem Reap are a must visit, most notably Angkor Wat, but also the Wat Dam Nak, Wat Athvea, Wat Preah Prohm Roth and last but by no means least, Wat Preah Inkosei.
- The diverse array of culinary options is fantastic, with a great mix of local cuisine and also international cuisine. So something for every foodie!
- Siem Reap has many great galleries and boutiques, the Cambodian art centre 'Artisans Angkor', in particular, is a great place to peruse the local artwork
- Siem Reap's beautiful botanical gardens are worth a walk around, with many more gardens dotted around the city, garden lovers will not be disappointed!
- If you still have time having done all this sightseeing there is a Cambodian War Museum for tourists to learn more about the rich local history.
Just remember that this is an extremely busy city year round. So if you want to guarantee a room in one of the best places to stay in Siem Reap, get organised and book well ahead.
The Best Places to Stay in Siem Reap
In the Heart of Siem Reap
- The FCC Angkor has been carefully converted from a grand former mansion of a French colonial governor, and is now a chic 31 room hotel with bright and airy rooms with private balconies and a pool and spa.
- If you fancy a resort style property but want to be in town, then the Shinti Mani Resort is perfect for you. A modern, urban oasis with 62 rooms decorated in a tranquil grey palette overlooking lush lawns and an inviting pool.
- Rambutan Resort is a 16 room resort in the heart of town, built around a pool. Rooms have private balconies and egg shaped baths, and some have mezzanine floors.
For Something Special
- Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor has hosted many famous faces in its French Art Deco interiors. There are 119 rooms, complete with private balconies and roll top baths, plus a lovely pool and 15 acres of landscaped gardens.
- Once a colonial townhouse, the graceful Heritage Suites Hotel is now a chic, romantic, 26 room property. There’s still a sense of glamour though, with a charming pool, spa and bar - where they have live jazz every Thursday night.
- The wonderfully traditional Hanumanalya Villa has a wonderful riverside spot within walking distance of the Angkor Wat Conservation Area. The decor of dark woods reflects both traditional Cambodian architecture and this area’s French heritage. There are a pool and wellness centre and Khmer and European food is served in the bar.
- The Samar Hotel is situated just outside Siem Reap, offering traditional elegant accommodation complementing lovely antique furnishings. The Samar also has a great restaurant for a romantic dinners.
- The Anantara Angkor Resort and Spa has tasteful rooms with private terraces, perfect for a romantic stay. To complement this the resort has a premium spa, saltwater pool, and great Khmer French restaurant for an evening meal.
For Peace and quiet
- The Sojourn Boutique Villas are a collection of 11 cottages with a resort feel and a strong sense of environmental and social responsibility. There’s an outdoor pool and a restaurant serving modern Asian cuisine.
- The Mysteres d’Angkor is a tropical hideaway just outside town and about ten minutes drive from Angkor Wat. There are 24 rooms, with large four poster beds and private balconies.There are complimentary bikes, plus a pool, bar and lounge and dining area.
- The Navutu Dreams Resort and Spa is a modern resort cum spa with a collection of rooms and private villas, two pools and a yoga pavilion. The decor is tranquil and a bit Mediterranean and the restaurant offers both Khmer and Italian food.
- If you’re looking for a quiet spot but you want to be in the heart of town by the old markets, then the Hotel Be Angkor is a good choice. It has just three rooms, but they’re very stylish, with original artworks and a fabulous tapas style Khmer restaurant and bar.
- While being within walking distance to Siem Reap's notorious attractions, Maison Polanka offers an intimate wooded location just out of the central area. Great traditional cuisine, meditation classes, or even a massage to make your stay a relaxing one.
Some of the Best Value Places to Stay in Siem Reap
- La Niche d’Angkor is a simple yet modern hotel in the heart of town with 36 rooms, a large pool and a restaurant serving both Cambodian and Western dishes. Rooms start from around £35 per night and can include complimentary babysitting. Close to the markets.
- The Siddharta Boutique Hotel offers a little bit of luxury at an affordable price. It attracts a young, fun crowd to its 28 vibrantly decorated rooms with private balconies overlooking a tropical pool and gardens. There’s also a spa and a Khmer restaurant.
- If you’re looking for something smaller, try Viroth’s Villa, which is really more of a small boutique hotel than a villa. It has seven rooms - all with rainfall showers and private balconies. Plus there’s a saltwater pool, a spa and a public lounge. Rooms start from around £50 per night.
- For a similar price you might also consider the Hanumanalaya Boutique Residence, a traditional but boutique option decorated in dark wood with bright pops of colour. There’s also a tropical pool with an atmospheric bar and a restaurant offering a good blend of Khmer and Western food.
The Best Places to stay in Siem Reap for Families
- The Angkor Village Hotel is a collection of chic, spacious wooden bungalows. They all have their own private balconies, plus there’s a traditional Cambodian spa and an Asian restaurant.
- The Victoria Angkor Resort and Spa is a large, beautifully landscaped hotel which combines the best of Cambodian and French colonial heritage and design. The decor is luxurious, the gardens and pool are beautifully tropical and there’s a great Cambodian French fusion menu. There’s also a crocodile pool!
- The Shinta Mani Club is a modern meets traditional Cambodian style hotel, child-friendly with a games room and bike hire, there is also a lovely outdoor pool for relaxing after a long day sightseeing.
Some of the Most Luxurious Places to Stay in Siem Reap
- AMANSARA is a design lovers' dream with minimalist 60s decor and lots of style. Some of the 24 rooms have private pools, otherwise there are two more to choose from, plus an indulgent spa. There’s a modern Khmer restaurant which also serves European cuisine.
- Sala Lodges offer the perfect blend of modern and traditional luxury, within 11 traditional Khmer lodges surrounded by sugar palms and banana plants. There are two choices when it comes to onsite dining.
- The Belmond la Residence d’Angkor is an immersive spa hotel with private villas and beautiful, tropical grounds. The aim here is to use traditional Cambodian elements in a modern way throughout the rooms, spa and restaurant.
- The Phum Baitang Hotel combines luxury design with a 'green village' concept, and comprises 45 wooden villas, 25 of which have stunning private plunge pools. Slightly out of Siem Reap's bustling tourist area, Phum Baitang offers a totally immersive experience.
Prefer an apartment or private villa?
- If you would prefer to stay in a self-catering option, have a look with our online partner Booking.com.
- Siem Reap international airport is 7km to the north west of the city centre.
- Best time to visit - the dry season runs from November to April with the average temperature range between 26-31 degrees celsius. Siem Reap is hot year round but April and May can find the mercury nudging 40 degrees, and nights not much cooler. The rainy season runs from June to November.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Siem Reap
- Expand your search to include Battambang
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Siem Reap
Best Hotels in Siem Reap
La Niche d'Angkor Siem Reap (Salakomroeuk Commune) 36 rooms from AU$70Families - With family rooms, plenty of activities as well as free babysitting services this is a great hotel for all the family.Value chic - With rooms available from £31 this is a great value deal.Local markets - Walking distance from Siem Reap's bustling 'Old Market'.Sights nearby - The temples of Angkor Wat are a must visit.
Simple and modern yet chic and traditional La Niche provides a variety of rooms (doubles, twin and triple rooms) in the heart of town. Great for families it is well priced and offers complimentary babysitting services. There is a large pool and a restaurant serving Cambodian and Western dishes. See More
Siddharta Boutique Hotel Siem Reap 28 rooms from AU$86Sights nearby - The Angkor Wat temples are the star attraction in Siem Reap.Local markets - The Old Market is a vibrant and exhilarating visit.SpaRestaurant - Recommended.
This trendy hotel attracts a young, fun crowd and provides a little bit of luxury at an affordable price. Rooms are decorated in deep reds and vibrant golds and feature private balconies overlooking the tropical pool and gardens. There is a spa worth visiting plus yummy Khmer restaurant. See More
Viroth's Villa Siem Reap 7 rooms from AU$92Local markets - Siem Reap's night markets, in particular the 'Old Market' are a fun visit.Sailing - A sunset boat trip along the Tonle Sap Lake is perfection.Sights nearby - The temples of Angkor Wat are just 6km away.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - I Escape, Mr & Mrs Smith
More of a boutique hotel than a villa this property is small but perfectly formed. Rooms with private balconies are decorated in pop colours and include modern bathrooms with rainfall showers. There is a pleasant saltwater pool, lounge areas and spa. Dining is simple but delicious Khmer dishes. See More
HanumanAlaya Boutique Residence Siem Reap (Sangkat Slorkram) 15 rooms from AU$94Sights nearby - A visit to Siem Reap is not complete without visiting the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Angkor Wat.Four poster beds - For romantics.Romantic - Good for couples.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.
A charming fifteen bed boutique offering. Featuring traditional decors with a fun, quirky edge. Rooms are decorated in dark woods accented by bright pop colours. There is a tropical pool with an atmospheric bar and plenty of loungers. The menu at Reahoo is perfect: a blend of Khmer and Western. See More
Rambutan Resort, Siem Reap Siem Reap 16 rooms from AU$98Local exploring - Enjoying an enviable position within the heart of town. Many attractions are within walking distance.Value chic - Chic and luxurious without the scary price tag.Local markets - Siem Reap's popular Night Market is moments away.Sights nearby - The Temples of Angkor Wat: a must visit.
Fun, flirty accommodation at an incredible price. There is an enticing bar serving signature cocktails and a Khmer restaurant. Rooms enjoy private balconies and lively pop colours, some with mezzanine floors; some with huge, outdoor egg shaped baths. Great for young couples. See More
Mysteres d'Angkor Siem Reap 24 rooms from AU$81Hideaway - Located outside of town it is just a ten minute drive from the temples of Angkor Wat.Local markets - Siem Reap's 'Old Market' is a favourite amongst visitors.Sights nearby - Just a ten minute drive from the temples of Angkor Wat.Romantic - Good for couples.
A totally chilled out, tropical hideaway to enjoy your time in Siem Reap. Luscious grounds hide a sun dappled pool, bar, rattan lounge and dining areas. Rooms feature large four posters and private balconies plus bikes are provided to get around. All this from £35 a night. It's an utter steal! See More
FCC Angkor Siem Reap 31 rooms from AU$116Sights nearby - The Angkor Wat temple complex: the area's main attraction.SpaRestaurant - Recommended.BoutiqueRecommended by - I Escape
A grand former residence of a French colonial governor given a chic and modern makeover. Traditional rattan furniture are paired with retro sofas and contemporary art. Light and bright rooms feature floor to ceiling windows and private balconies. Breakfast is a treat as is the spa and pool. See More
Hillocks Hotel & Spa Siem Reap City 38 rooms from AU$124Spa breaks - The Kravan Spa offers serious relaxation using natural products and ancient healing technics.Local exploring - A wonderfully tranquil spot just moments from the historic Angkor Wat.Birdwatching - Visit the Prek Toal Bird Sanctuary, one of the most important breeding grounds in Southeast Asia.Local markets - Spend evenings amidst the bustling Angkor Wat Night Market.Recommended by - Tablet
Hotel BE Angkor Siem Reap 3 rooms from AU$131Sights nearby - The temples of Angkor Wat are what tourists come to Siem Reap for.Local markets - The bustling 'Old Market' is just moments away.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Full of characterRecommended by - I Escape
Small but perfectly formed. It may be just three bedrooms but it boasts oodles of style. Original artworks courtesy of John McDermott line the walls. Fabulous tapas style Khmer cuisine is served at the popular AHA restaurant and cocktails at Linga Bar. There is also a spa and private balconies. See More
Navutu Dreams Resort and Wellness Retreat Siem Reap 28 rooms from AU$131Sights nearby - The temples of Angkor Wat are an absolute must.Romantic - Good for couples.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Local markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Angkor Village Hotel Siem Reap 38 rooms from AU$145Total relaxation - Relaxing rooms with private balconies and tropical grounds with tranquil water features,Sights nearby - The temples of Angkor Wat: a UNESCO World Heritage Site and absolute must visit.Full of characterSpaRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
This owner managed owner designed property is both a chic and tranquil stay. Spacious accommodation comprised of individual wooden bungalows is great for both couples and families. There is a spa offering traditional Cambodian treatments as well as a restaurant serving a variety of Asian dishes. See More
Heritage Suites Hotel Siem Reap 26 rooms from AU$162Sights nearby - The Angkor Wat temples: a must visit.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Full of characterSpaRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, I Escape
A colonial townhouse turned chic romantic getaway. A throwback to the French glamour there are swinging jazz nights every Thursday and guests can enjoy a ride around town in one of their vintage cars. Decor is modern and some rooms include private patios. Plus a charming pool and spa. Très bon. See More
Maison Polanka Siem Reap (North of Wat Polanka) 5 rooms from AU$192Total relaxation - Bask in the quiet atmosphere and treat yourself to a masssage to truly unwindGroups - With plenty of privacy and space, it's ideal for families or groupsSights nearby - Be sure to visit Preah Ang Chek Preah Ang Chom and the Royal ResidenceRomantic - Good for couples.
Maison Polanka enjoys an intimate wooded location just outside the centre of Siem Reap. Boasting traditional Khmer timber houses with spacious light-filled rooms. Make the most of the stunning traditional cuisine or take part in a meditation class. A truly reinvigorating stay! See More
Sojourn Boutique Villas Siem Reap (Treak Village) 11 rooms from AU$176Sights nearby - The Angkor Wat temples are the place to visit in Siem Reap.Cooking classes - Cooking classes are available at the hotel.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.
A boutique property providing individual cottage accommodation and a resort feel at an excellent price. With a strong sense of environmental & social responsibility most of the staff come from the surrounding Treak village, profits go to grassroots charitable schemes. Dine on modern Asian cuisine. See More
Shinta Mani Shack Siem Reap 75 rooms from AU$229Sights nearby - You have not visited Siem Reap without seeing the Angkor Wat temples.Local markets - The 'Old Market' is a vibrant visit.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Full of character
HanumanAlaya Villa Siem Reap (Near Angkor Conservation area) 9 rooms from AU$179Local markets - The Old Market is popular amongst tourists and locals alike.Great walks - Within walking distance of the Angkor Conservation Area.Sights nearby - Just 6kms from the temples of Angkor Wat.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool
Enjoying a riverfront location this Cambodian villa provides a unique stay. Decorated in the dark woods used in Cambodian homes and panelled windows reflecting Siem Reap's French heritage. There is a pleasant pool and wellness centre. Khmer and European food are served along with drinks at the bar. See More
The Samar Siem Reap (Ses Khum Kochok Srok) 8 rooms from AU$308Total relaxation - Feel a million miles away from all your worries as you unwind in their extensive spa facilitiesRomantic Break - Stunning accommodation and splendid food make The Samar an ideal choice for a romantic getawayGreat walks - Ramblers will enjoy the walking tours through Siem Reap and the ruins of Angkor CitySights nearby - The historic temples of Angkor Wat are an absolute must see!
The Samar, just outside the centre of Siem Reap, offers elegant and traditional accommodation featuring wooden floors and antique furnishings. You can also rent out entire private villas-perfect for groups. Superb meals served up at the restaurant! A romantic and relaxing stay. See More
Templation Siem Reap 33 rooms from AU$308Eco break - Being both an environment-conscious and socially active hotel one can rest assured this is a sustainable stay.Local exploring - A luxury hotel offering a relaxing environment to return to after a day exploring Angkor Wat and Siem Reap.Cooking classes - Learn to cook regional dishes with the hotel chef.Sights nearby - Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Angkor Wat.
An eco luxury hotel located within lush gardens and boasting stunning contemporary design. Minimalist rooms feel Japanese in style and feature enormous bathtubs and outdoor bathrooms. A quiet property to be fully pampered in, ideal after a day spent exploring the surrounding historic sites. See More
Victoria Angkor Resort and Spa Siem Reap 130 rooms from AU$287Sights nearby - The Angkor Wat temples are what people come to Siem Reap to see. Do not leave without witnessing them!Cooking classes - Learn the art of Khmer Cooking.Kids Club - Fully staffed.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Tablet
Combining the best of Cambodian and French colonial heritage this hotel offers extensive spa treatments, gourmet food and luxurious rooms. Plus verdant landscaped gardens, a tropical pool and even a crocodile pool - not for swimming! Dining is excellent including fusion Cambodian and French menus. See More
Shinta Mani Club Siem Reap 39 rooms from AU$387Sights nearby - One cannot visit Siem Reap without seeing the temples of Angkor Wat.Local markets - The bustling 'Old Market' is a lively visit.Views - Great views from hotelRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
A blend of modern meets traditional Cambodian interiors by design legend Bill Bensley. A bonafide stylish stay. Boasting a library and gallery plus swanky bar and fine dining it attracts an artsy crowd. Vibrant local photography stands out against rooms with muted palettes and private balconies. See More
Anantara Angkor Resort and Spa Krong Siem Reap 39 rooms from AU$394Sights nearby - You have not truly visited Cambodia if you have not witnessed the temples of Angkor Wat.Local markets - The lively 'Old Market' is a fascinating visit.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.SpaRecommended by - Tablet
Anantara is known for its equal parts romantic and relaxing getaways: and this property is no exception. Sumptuous rooms feature private terraces with the sound of running water all around. Ambient lighting and parquet flooring creates a classic feel. There is a large pool, spa and elegant dining. See More
Belmond La Residence d'Angkor Siem Reap 69 rooms from AU$345Sights nearby - Angkor Wat's temples - you'll need a few days to explore them fully!Local markets - Explore the bustling Psar Chaa or Old Market.Romantic - Good for couples.Four poster beds - For romantics.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
With a great sense of intimacy, and using traditional Cambodian elements in a modern way throughout the rooms, spa and dining menu, Belmond offers the best of both worlds. Come to the Residence d’Angkor for the serenity, comfort and glamour. Stay for the happy hour, pool and Khmer style See More
Sala Lodges Siem Reap 11 rooms from AU$455Local markets - The 'Made in Cambodia market' is great for picking up curios and practicing your haggling skills.Sights nearby - You must not leave without visiting the Angkor Wat temples.Romantic - Good for couples.Full of character
Sala Lodges stands out with its stylish approach to Cambodia’s architectural heritage. The saltwater pool, outstanding on-site restaurant and lovingly maintained traditional Khmer homes are seductive reasons to stay put – even with the world-renowned Angkor Wat a short drive away. See More
The Beige Siem Reap (Angkor Thom) 8 rooms from AU$496Local exploring - A luxury retreat from where you can explore the famed Ankor Wat.Sights nearby - Explore the ancient and beautiful Angkor Wat.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolFour poster beds - For romantics.Recommended by - Tablet
A luxury tented camp set by a peaceful river. Despite the illusion of seclusion bustling Siem Reap and the mighty Angkor Wat are just moments away. A yoga platform, glorious infinity pool and spa tent cover all areas of relaxation. Topped off by the organic restaurant, this is hard to beat. See More
Raffles Grand Hotel d'Angkor Siem Reap (Khum Svay Dang Kum) 119 rooms from AU$396Sights nearby - A visit the the temples of Angkor Wat is a must. These ancient monuments will astound.Cooking classes - Learn the local art and flavours with a Khmer Cooking Class.Local markets - Test your haggling skills at Psar Chaa, the Old Market.Tennis - There are tennis courts available for guests to use.Recommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection
A historic hotel that has seen many a famous face and dignitary pass through its doors. Rooms are decorated in a French art-deco style with polished wood, roll-top baths and private balconies overlooking the pool. With 15 acres of landscaped gardens and tennis courts there is plenty to enjoy. See More
Phum Baitang Siem Reap (Sangkat Svaydangkum) 49 rooms from AU$517Sights nearby - Don't leave without seeing the Angkor Wat temples - an ancient wonder.Local markets - The famous Old Market is just 5km away.Kids Club - Fully staffed.Secluded setting - For escaping.Recommended by - I Escape
Jaya House River Park Siem Reap Slor Kram Commune 36 rooms from AU$447Local exploring - An ideal base for exploring the great wonder that is Angkor Wat.Sights nearby - Spend a day (or three) exploring Angkor Wat.Cooking classes - Learn how to cook traditional Khmer food.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool
A luxurious retreat just a 10 minute tuk tuk ride from the Angkor temples. Contemporary design throughout sees white-washed walls, clean lines and perfectly placed modern art. Come for the hanging jungle pool courtyard, stay for the divine spa and excellent service to unwind from temple hopping. See More
Amansara Siem Reap 24 rooms from AU$1270Sights nearby - The hotel organises private tours of the Angkor Wat temples by remorque (moped powered trishaw).Local markets - The famous 'Old Market' is well worth a visit.Great walks - Through the jungle to the Beng Mealea temple.Secluded setting - For escaping.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Kiwi Collection
A design lover's dream. Minimalist sixties chic with muted tones but oodles of style. All rooms are palatial with private courtyards, some with private pools. If not you've two more to choose from plus an indulgent spa. Dine on modern Khymer dishes and European cuisine. Aman pilgrims will love. See More