Arromanches les Bains
Search the best hotels in Arromanches les Bains
About Arromanches les Bains
A picturesque seaside resort town on the Normandy coast, Arromanches-les-Bains is a lovely destination for a family beach holiday, or for history buffs eager to explore the site of the D-Day Landings of 1944. Ranging from self-catering spots to boutique B&Bs, the best places to stay in Arromanches les Bains are nestled within the town itself, ideal for beach breaks and cultural explorations alike.
Just 30 minutes’ drive from historic Caen, Arromanches is home to a population of fewer than 600 people, and has an appealingly low-key, laid-back feel. Spend your days soaking up the sunshine, building sandcastles with the little ones and taking long strolls, or wind-surfing and sailing. You’ll find excellent ice cream and fabulous fresh seafood at the many beachfront eateries, along with plenty of Normandy’s famous cider.
If you’re in town to discover Normandy’s recent history, the D-Day Museum is the best starting point. The remains of Mulberry Port, built in 1944, are also well worth visiting, as are the many poignant war memorials in the town and surrounding region. The Arromanches 360 Circular Cinema offers an immersive multimedia retelling of the Normandy Landings, suitable for all ages, whilst the Liberators Museum Normandy 1944 houses a fascinating collection of uniforms and objects donated by veterans.
Busiest in the summer months and during key Second World War memorial events, the best places to stay in Arromanches-les-Bains can fill up fast. Book your trip well in advance.
The Best Places to Stay in Arromanches les Bains
For a Charming B&B
- D-Day Aviators is a charming B&B in the heart of Arromanches. Light, bright and blending traditional elements with contemporary comforts, this appealing little guesthouse offers a welcome welcome, four lovely rooms and its own small WWII museum. Book the whole place if travelling with family and friends.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY VILLA
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Caen Airport, just 30 minutes by car or bus from Arromanches-les-Bains. Alternatively, hop aboard the ferry from Portsmouth to Ouistreham, 40 minutes away.
- Normandy is brilliant for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Travel during the spring or summer for the best weather, with temperatures peaking at around 22°C in July and August — although this is the busiest time of year. September is a great choice for a quieter trip. Winters can be cool and windy.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Caen.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in Normandy.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Arromanches les Bains
Best Hotels in Arromanches les Bains
D day Aviators Arromanches les Bains 4 rooms from AU$210Local exploring - As the name suggests the hotel is ideal for exploring the region's historical sites including the D Day Museum & Arromanches 360Groups - With just four rooms this is a great option to rent out in its entirety with friends or familySights nearby - Bayeaux's attractions are nearby including the Cathedrale Notre Dame de Bayeux and the Bayeux Tapestry MuseumFull of character - The property is filled with genuine artefacts from the D Day landingsRecommended by - Sawdays
A small and charmingly atmospheric B&B situated in the heart of Arromanches. Lovingly renovated throughout the property is light, bright and mixes traditional and contemporary styles. Housing its own small WW2 museum and within striking distance of the region's historical sights. See More