Search the best hotels in Jacksonville
Florida’s attractions for visitors have multiplied exponentially in the last few decades, the southernmost US state’s image as a sunny retirement spot for elderly northerners has long been eclipsed by the energy and verve of a multicultural, youthful, cultural hotspot, where you can chose between catching waves on a surfboard or attending a symphony concert (or do both!). The best places to stay in Jacksonsville are imbued with the spirit of southern warmth and hospitality. Jacksonville or “Jax” as it likes to be known is absolutely a case in point.
What Not To Miss
- This huge (840 square mile) city, apart from having the luxury of a massive beach close by, has a fabulous offering for visitors, whether they are young families, romantic couples or senior symphony orchestra fans.
- Sprawling astride the St Johns River, this northern Florida city is more populous than Miami and its city limits are amongst the widest in the USA. A short drive away it has miles and miles of pristine beach, so it really is possible to spend the day kayaking, paddle-boarding, or surfing.
- Savour a fabulously rich array of restaurants and bars and musical and theatrical offerings of many types in the characterful quarters that are dotted around the vast downtown area. African-American and other heritage is thoroughly celebrated, and “Jaxonians” have a reputation for embodying the best traditions of Southern courtesy, along with a progressive outlook.
- There's plenty for animal lovers to see with a wildlife sanctuary and a zoo with various big cats and even elephants amongst other animals.
- Or enjoy a tranquil moment or a stroll in one of city's numerous green spaces or parks - ideal for taking a break from the bustling downtown area.
Our pick of the best places to stay in Jacksonville will suit those who have come here primarily for a beach break.
The best places to stay in Jacksonville
For old world luxury
- At the Casa Marina Hotel on Jacksonville beach, you can practically hear the surf from your room. The hotel has a reputation for great food and hospitality; décor invokes the glamorous days of 1920s Florida, while the menu invokes the marvellous natural larder of the nearby ocean.
For an apartment or condo
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday - don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a selection of properties ideal for making the most of the beach.
- Fly to Jacksonville International Airport located 22.5km (14 miles) from Jacksonville with a selection of flights across the U.S and links to Canada as well.
- Alternatively, catch a train to Jacksonville with Amtrak rail links to other cities in Florida along with further afield such as New York.
- If you want to rent a car to explore the coastline - for prices visit our online partner Rentalcars
- Best time to visit - the autumn from September to November provides visitors with pleasant weather for enjoying the beaches but with less crowds and cheaper prices than the summer.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Jacksonville
Casa Marina Hotel & Restaurant Jacksonville 23 rooms from AU$233
An inviting step back in time set on the Jacksonville oceanfront. The historic hotel's interiors evoke 1920s glamour, with one-of-a-kind furniture carved from wood, plush armchairs, and framed art on the walls. In the Casa Marina Restaurant you can enjoy local seafood with an international twist.Sights nearby - A short walk from Casa Marina you can stroll along Jacksonville Pier, and Jacksonville Historical Society is a short drive away.On the beach - Located right on Jacksonville Beach.Views - Some rooms have ocean viewsFour poster beds - In some rooms.