Search the best hotels in Saba
Saba isn't a coral atoll like many of its neighbours and it doesn't have beaches to speak of, but it does have some fantastic diving. The best places to stay on Saba tend to be either charming little red and white cottages or friendly diving centres.
Tiny Saba is a surprisingly mountainous member of the Leeward Island group, known sometimes as the 'Unspoiled Queen' due to its protected eco system. The peaks and cliffs are volcanic and coated in a wonderfully lush tropical green. While its pretty red roofed houses make it feel like a fairytale island.
Saba is technically part of the Netherlands, but most of its population speaks English, and there's something very English about the white clapboard houses with their neat trim. There's also a certain eccentricity to Saba - seen in the collection of small museums, colourfully painted church and local handicrafts.
While this isn't a coral atoll, there are plenty of reefs to explore just under the water and plenty of aqua-explorers to meet, including sharks, giant turtles and all kinds of brightly coloured fish.
Saba's unspoiled interior makes it a bit of a Garden of Eden for hikers. The highest peak, aptly named Mt. Scenery, has 1064 stairs right to the top which may wear you out but it's worth it!
What not to miss:
- Climb the 1064 stairs to the top of Mt. Scenery.
- Spot tropical fish amidst the colourful reefs on a snorkelling or scuba diving trip.
- Hike through the rainforest along well marked trails.
- Explore Saba's four towns: Windwardside, The Bottom, Hell's Gate and St. Johns.
The best places to stay in Saba get booked out fast so be sure to organise your trip well in advance.
- The Cottage Club is a bijou island hideaway of self catering bungalows with fabulous sea views for very reasonable rates, all set amongst tropical green grounds, perched on a hillside. There's a pool and great access to watersports and other island fun.
- Juiana's is another good option for families with rooms, cottages and an apartment for four, situated in the centre of town. All accommodations have verandahs with hammocks for soaking up the view, and some have kitchenettes.
- Queen's Gardens Resort is a stunning five star property on Mount Troy. Here you can expect chic interiors, majestic tropical surroundings and gourmet food. Plus with only 12 suites it's the perfect Caribbean hideaway.
For great value
- Selera Dunia only has two rooms which have been beautifully designed and feature many interesting objets d'art, four poster beds and balconies with hammocks. It's a complete steal with prices starting from only £74 per night.
- Fly to Princess Juliana airport located on St. Maarten from where a small plane or ferry can be taken on to Saba itself.
- Best time to visit - Saba is a year round destination however the winter months of December to February are the most popular months when it's slightly cooler. The summer season also brings rain and humidity. Hurricane season officially runs from JUne to November.
- If you plan to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars for the best prices.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Saba
Selera Dunia Saba 2 rooms from CA$158Views - Great views from hotelRomantic BreakSecluded setting - Perched up in the hills in a very tranquil setting.Birdwatching - Mount Scenery is full of nature and birdlife.Recommended by - Fodors
An intimate little spot with just two boutique suites. Stylish and elegant with objects from around the world, four poster beds, large balconies and hammocks. Total peace, quiet and tranquility in the hills above Windwardside. Lots of nature and coastal routes to explore. Romantic, good value. See More
The Cottage Club Saba 10 rooms from CA$171Views - Excellent views out to sea and over the surf.Diving - Saba has world class scuba diving.Value chicSwimming Pool - Outdoor pool with wonderful sea views.Recommended by - Fodors
A cute island hide-away with self-catering bungalows, fabulous sea views, and excellent rates. Set on a hill amidst tropical greenery simple all white suites with four poster beds, balconies, and kitchenettes. Pool, concierge, access to watersports and wildlife. Good value and family friendly. See More
Juliana’s Saba 9 rooms from CA$178Views - Great views from hotelValue chicBack to Nature - Saba offers many nature trails across the island.Birdwatching - Lots of birds on Mount Scenery.Recommended by - Fodors
A collection of rooms, cottages, and an apartment (sleeps 4) in the town centre. All accommodations have wifi and hammocks with sweeping views over tropical flora and out to sea, some have kitchenettes. Tropic's Cafe and terrace has a privileged location. Excellent value, family friendly. See More
Queen’s Gardens Resort Saba 12 rooms from CA$292Families - The private villa at the top of the hill sleeps 6 and has its own private pool and facilities.Views - Great views from hotel5* Luxury - Very high service standards.HoneymoonsRecommended by - Fodors
An utterly dreamy Five Star hotel perched on Mount Troy surrounded by tropical paradise. Suites and one six-person villa all in chic creams and whites with private balconies, some a private pool, and stunning views. Beauty therapies, massages, excellent international cuisine. Truly luxurious. See More