Search the best hotels in Cannes
If your two great loves are glamour and sunshine there's no better place than Cannes. The city's main promenade, La Croisette, gleams gracefully under the clear skies of the Côte d'Azur, a row of beautiful boutiques, excellent restaurants and most of the best places to stay in Cannes. Behind this is more glitz and glamour and it goes all the way to the core. It comes as no surprise then that the best places to stay in Cannes are pretty luxurious. Whether it is a spa, a Michelin starred restaurant or a private beach you are in search of, Cannes most definitely has it!
But Cannes wouldn't have attracted the money and beauty which has made it without its glorious bay (now parked with superyachts), warm sandy beaches and sunshine. So if your tastes run to glamour but not excess Cannes will allow you to pace yourself.
Of course, during the two weeks of the famous film festival, the city does go into excess which can make it a great time to visit! But, fear not, Cannes has managed to spread the sparkle generated by the festival around the rest of the year.
When planning your trip be aware that many of the best places to stay in Cannes get booked up very early so to make sure of your choice, do plan ahead.
The Best Places to Stay in Cannes
For a chic stay
- 1950s cool just a few minutes from the beach and La Croisette, Le Canberra says 'Cannes'. A cool hotel in a cool spot, Le Canberra has sea views and a vibrant bar, so you can see and be seen. It's definitely one of the best places to stay in Cannes for a short city break.
- Okko Cannes Center is a design hotel located in the centre of town, a stone's throw from La Croisette. Rooms are simply dressed, with modern furnishings. Guests can enjoy breakfast in the Club. A chic hotel.
- Le Gray d'Albion is an elegant, intimate hotel located on the La Croisette, and rooms boast spacious terraces with sea views. Drink at the bar on the hotel's private beach and dine at the contemporary restaurant.
- Villa Garbo is a sleek hotel featuring a good balance of classic elegance and contemporary finishes, with chandeliers, sumptuous fabrics and stylish furniture. A smart stay well positioned for exploring Cannes.
For a boutique
- Hotel Colette is a four-star boutique hotel located on Rue d'Antibes. The modern rooms are individually styled with comfortable beds and unique design pieces. A chic, stylish city hotel.
- Metres from the beach, the Five Seas Hotel is a mid-sized hotel with it all. The restaurant has a Michelin star, the views are incredible - especially from the rooftop pool, and the spa is excellent.
- Le Cavendish's Belle Epoque façade and open bar in the evenings hark back to a more glamorous era of bright young stars. The small size, location just a few steps from La Croisette and private beach make this a popular spot, so book ahead.
- Hotel Barriere Le Majestic is an exclusive seafront hotel. Rooms have period-style furnishings while the best suites are individually designed with ample living space, a private balcony and pool. Sample the menu at BFire on the hotel's private beach. A VIP stay
- Le Grand Hotel is a five-star hotel located on La Croisette in Cannes. Set within verdant gardens, the hotel's rooms are bright and airy. The best offer a private terrace and hot tub with sea views. Dine at the exclusive gourmet restaurant. A luxury seaside getaway.
- Cannes Villa St Barth is an exclusive five-star guesthouse located just outside of Cannes city centre. Rooms feature modern interior design with either an Italian shower or bathtub. Relax by the infinity pool or in the spa. A luxury city bolt-hole.
For proximity to the beach
- Hotel America Cannes is a charming hotel in a handy location offering superb breakfasts. Rooms are stylish and elegant with indulgent bathrooms. The real highlight is the location, just steps from the beach.
For a B&B
- Villa du Roc Fleuri is a hilltop B&B surrounded by a leafy garden, with a pretty terrace and verandah area. Interiors are chic with contemporary design pieces. A charming home-away-from-home.
For great value
- Villa Pruly Hotel is a charming hotel offering a relaxing stay in the heart of Cannes. Each room has its own unique, eclectic style with bold murals, retro style furniture and marble bathrooms. Well located and well priced.
- Villa Claudia is an idyllic villa with a leafy garden and a pretty terrace. Interiors are classic and elegant with high ceilings, a grand central fireplace and chesterfield sofas. A gem, and great value too!
- Hotel Cristal is a modern hotel in the centre of Cannes, with a lovely terrace area and eye-catching pool ornamented with fine classical-style sculptures. Boasting pretty terraces with views over Cannes. A handy base, that won't break the bank!
Prefer an Apartment or Villa?
- If you’d prefer to stay in a self-catering apartment or private villa we recommend you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Nice-Côte d'Azur Airport is about 17miles from Cannes, and there are excellent UK connections and links to the rest of Europe. From there it’s only seven minutes to Cannes by helicopter. It’s a bit longer to take the train down from Nice. Cruise ships anchor directly in the bay.
- If you want to hire a car - which is useful if you’re staying in Cannes and you want to see more of the Côte d'Azur - we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars. Try to book your parking in advance wherever possible.
- Cannes has a delightful Mediterranean climate which means it is mild and brilliantly sunny for most of the year - except winters which are cool and sunny. The Mistral winds keep Cannes from baking during the summer months and keep the rain showers moving so that Cannes gets passing showers rather than days of rain - October and November are the rainiest months. Obviously, Cannes is great during the film festival and in the weeks on either side when it’s all dolled up and looking its best. But ,of course, it is busy.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay on the Côte d'Azur,
- Or try checking out the best places to stay in Nice,
- Or the best places to stay in Fréjus,
- Or the best places to stay in St-Tropez or St Raphael, or Antibes or Cap Ferrat,
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Cannes
Best Hotels in Cannes
Villa Pruly Hotel Cannes (Prado - Republique) 14 rooms from €71Local exploring - This hotel is within short walking distance of all that Cannes has to offerTotal relaxation - Escape the city and relax in the private garden or on the terraceCity Style - The cosmopolitan glamour of Cannes is at your doorstepQuirky - An experience!
This charming hotel offers a relaxing stay in the heart of Cannes. Each room has its own unique, eclectic style with bold murals, retro style furniture and marble bathrooms. Superb continental breakfasts are served in the tropically inspired dining room. Well located and well priced. See More
Villa Claudia 06400 Cannes 18 rooms from €85Local exploring - Surrounded by tranquil gardens yet just a short stroll from Cannes' central buzz, great for both exploration and relaxationValue chic - With small doubles starting from only €85 per night, Villa Claudia is excellent value on the Cote d'Azur!Great walks - Stroll down the palm shaded promenade of La Croisette for a flavour of Cannes' luxury scene, and end with a dip at the beachLocal markets - Wander around Marché Forville, Cannes' busy food market
An idyllic villa with a leafy garden and a pretty terrace. Interiors are classic and elegant featuring high ceilings, a grand central fireplace and chesterfield sofas, while chic rooms in earthy colours have minimalist, modern furniture and framed prints of film stars. A gem, and great value too! See More
Hotel America Cannes Cannes 29 rooms from €98City Style - Situated in a prime central location ideal for exploring Cannes' luxury retail scene, buzzing bars and restaurantsLocal markets - Wander around Marché Forville, a covered market, to browse the array of Provencal produceSights nearby - Go to the gothic-renaissance Église Notre-Dame-de-l’EspéranceLively area - In the thick of the action.
A charming hotel in a handy location offering superb breakfasts. Interiors have an elegant feel with high ceilings, natural hues, plenty of light and smart contemporary furniture. The bathrooms are minimalist and stylish. The real highlight is the location, just steps from the beach. See More
Villa du Roc Fleuri 06400 Cannes 5 rooms from €99Local exploring - A lovely hilltop location overlooking the town, very close to the central buzz and to beachesGreat walks - Head to La Croisette palm-lined promenade for a lovely stroll amid the glitz and glamour followed by a dip at the beachFull of characterLively area - In the thick of the action.Recommended by - Sawdays
A hilltop B&B surrounded by a leafy garden, with a pretty terrace and verandah area. Interiors are chic with contemporary design pieces, fun mismatched retro furniture. Rooms are attractive and homely with jute rugs, plenty of light and fine wood furniture. A charming home-away-from-home. See More
Okko Cannes Center Cannes City-Centre 125 rooms from €119City Style - Located in the centre of Cannes with rooms dressed in unique, designer pieces, this hotel has reams of chic city styleRomantic Break - The luxurious hotel linens and the cosy bar make this hotel popular with couplesLocal exploring - The hotel's central location makes it a great base for exploring CannesGreat walks - Walk down La Promenade de la Croisette, Canne's most famous street and host to the renowned International Film Festival
This design hotel is located in the centre of Cannes, a stone's throw from La Croisette. Rooms are simply dressed, with modern furnishings, Italian linens and organic cotton towels; design pieces are available for purchase through the boutique. Guests can enjoy breakfast in the Club. A chic hotel. See More
Le Grand Hotel Cannes (Boulevard de la Croisette 45) 75 rooms from €130City Style - With a stand-out location and stylish, contemporary feel, this hotel makes a great modern stayBeach Life - With its own coveted private beach, this hotel makes a great base for a beach holidayRomantic Break - Book a suite with a private hot tub for a romantic getaway with added luxurySailing - Yacht clubs abound in Cannes; book an exclusive sailing trip and enjoy a relaxing day on the seaRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
This five-star hotel is located on La Croisette in Cannes. Set within verdant gardens, the hotel's rooms are bright and airy with modern interior design and comfy beds. The best offer a private terrace and hot tub with sea views. Dine at the exclusive gourmet restaurant. A luxury seaside getaway. See More
Hotel Cristal, Cannes Cannes 53 rooms from €130City Style - A bright, friendly base from which to enjoy the delights of CannesGreat walks - Stroll down the palm-lined La Croisette promenade leading to La Croisette beach for a taste of the luxury lifeLocal markets - Wander around the local central market and soak up the sights and smells of ProvenceSwimming Pool - Outdoor pool
A modern hotel in the centre of Cannes, with a lovely terrace area and eye-catching pool ornamented with fine classical-style sculptures. Whitewashed rooms have accents of vibrant colours and some have pretty terraces with views over Cannes. A handy base, that won't break the bank! See More
Le Cavendish Cannes (Cote d'Azur) 35 rooms from €135TraditionalSights nearby - Well located for major sights.Recommended by - Sawdays
Le Gray d'Albion Cannes City-Centre 200 rooms from €138City Style - With designer rooms and a coveted location on the most renowned street in Cannes, this hotel is both stylish and sophisticatedBeach Life - With its own private beach including a sleek beach bar, this hotel makes a great base for a beach holidayFoodies - Foodies will be pleased at the choice of contemporary, gourmet restaurants on offer at this hotelDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.
This elegant, intimate hotel is located on the La Croisette in Cannes. Rooms boast Starck furniture and king-sized beds with luxurious linens; the best suites offer a spacious terrace with sea views. Drink at the bar on the hotel's private beach and dine at the contemporary restaurant. A chic stay. See More
Le Canberra Cannes (Cote d'Azur) 35 rooms from €141Outstanding location - A few minutes wall from La Croisette and the beach.Beach LifeSwimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - I Escape
Villa Garbo 06400 Cannes 12 rooms from €170Local exploring - In the heart of Cannes a stone's throw from the luxury shops, beaches and restaurants, ideal for relaxing explorationLocal markets - Wander around the old city to see gems such as the Forville market and la Rue Saint Antoine, famous for its bars and restaurantsGreat walks - Go for a stroll under the palm trees on the glamourous La Croisette promenadeViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Sawdays, Great Small Hotels
A sleek hotel featuring a good balance of classic elegance and contemporary finishes, with chandeliers, sumptuous fabrics and stylish furniture. The rooms are decorated in smart grey hues with pops of colour coming from the soft furnishings. Well positioned for exploring Cannes. See More
Five Seas Hotel Cannes 45 rooms from €188Restaurant - 2 restaurants. Sea Sens has 1 Michelin star, run by chef Arnaud TabarecViews - Great views from hotelSpa - Spa By Cinq Mondes has 4 treatment rooms with a range of services on offerSwimming Pool - 13m stainless steel rooftop infinity pool, offering stunning viewsRecommended by - Tablet
Beautiful rooms, views and food in one of the most luxurious locations in the world. Metres from the beach, yet in the heart of Cannes, this hotel really does have it all. Treatments and massages in Cinq Mondes, delicious food in SeaSens, and a rooftop pool with views to stun one and all. See More
Hotel Colette Cannes (Cote d'Azur) 45 rooms from €192Local exploring - Situated on the main shopping street in Cannes, this hotel is the perfect base for local exploring in the cityFamilies - The family suites are designed for families travelling with children, offering extra living spaceCity Style - With its contemporary interior design and central location, this hotel has lots of city styleOutstanding location
This four-star, boutique hotel is located on Rue d'Antibes, Cannes. The modern rooms are individually styled with comfortable beds and unique design pieces; suites offer a separate living area perfect for a family. Sunbathe on the terrace after breakfast. A chic, stylish city hotel. See More
Cannes Villa St Barth Cannes (Cote d'Azur) 5 rooms from €305Hideaway - Nestled within Mediterranean gardens just outside of Cannes' busy city centre, this hotel is a great hideaway destinationRomantic Break - The beautifully appointed rooms and romantic infinity pool make this a perfect choice for a couple's getawaySpa breaks - The hotel's sleek on-site spa and outdoor pool make it a great option for a spa break holidayKids Club - Fully staffed.
This exclusive, five-star guesthouse is located just outside of Cannes city centre. Rooms feature modern interior design with either an Italian shower or bathtub; the best suites offer a terrace with views over the beautiful gardens. Relax by the infinity pool or in the spa. A luxury city bolt-hole. See More
Hotel Barrière Le Majestic Cannes City Centre 350 rooms from €335Families - With interconnected rooms available and plenty of activities for children, this hotel is a great option for familiesTotal relaxation - With activities available to keep the children occupied, take a proper break with a stay at this luxury resortRomantic Break - Couples love the hotel's private beach and the romantic restaurant and barViews - Great views from hotel
This exclusive seafront hotel is located in Cannes. Rooms have period-style furnishings and plush carpets, with either sea or city views. The best suites are individually designed with ample living space, a private balcony and pool. Sample the menu at BFire on the hotel's private beach. A VIP stay. See More