Search the best hotels in Fasano
The beautiful weather and coastline around Fasano have inspired the building of several pretty luxurious resorts and some impressive golf courses. But some of the best places to stay in Fasano are still the medieval, fortified masserie. Many of these are still working olive oil producers so they offer a sort of luxury agrotourism.
Rich, Mediterranean vegetation covers the gentle hills and valleys of the area around peaceful Fasano. The scent of olives groves mingles with the sea air off the coast. Views are sun drenched and charming. Historic and pretty, with a lovely whitewashed old town, Fasano is also well connected with the other highlights of Puglia - so why is it not better known?
Not to miss
- Fasano has a charming minaret and several interesting churches, including a very early Christian church
- Fasano's main historic treasure is the Archaeological Park of Gnatia.
- Fasano is also heart of trulli country - conical stone buildings originally built so that they could be easy disassembled as a 16th Century tax dodge.
- Fasano is just inland from the Adriatic coast and Savelletri, which is a hamlet known for its sandy coves, charming working harbour and for its excellent beach resorts.
- Fasano is also only 8kms from Torre Canne, a seaside resort famed for its rolling white dunes and legendary healing hot springs. Both Torre Canne and Savelletri also have colourful weekly markets.
Offering up a mix of architectural charm, natural beauty and superb hospitality Fasano is a superb summer destination. Our choices of the best places to stay in Fasano range from amazing country escapes to glorious beachside hotels.
For a county escape
- If you're looking for a rustic country escape, one of the best places to stay in Fasano is the Borgo San Marco. An historic olive estate, owned by the same family since the 17th Century. This wonderful farm and walled gardens has just 16 rooms and all the comforts you need. A spa, hot tubs and pool, restaurant serving excellent local fare and the 100 acres of olive trees edge right onto the beach. Once a fort belonging to the Knights of Malta, this is ideal if you're looking for somewhere historic.
Doing Fasano in Style
- Once home of the Knights of Malta, now popular with the celebrity set, the Masseria San Domenico is one of the best places to stay in Fasano if you're looking for somewhere romantic and luxurious. Some of the 47 sumptuously decorated bedrooms and suites have their own private gardens and jacuzzis. All have access to the stunning salt water pool - even though the beach is only 200 metres away - and the 18 hole golf course. The excellent selection of restaurants on site makes it perfect for foodies who just want to flop.
- Masseria Cimino, once a Roman villa, is the little sister of the San Domenico. The style here is more rustic and relaxed than the five star grandeur down the road. For beach lovers there are sea views, and for golfers, you're right beside the 8th hole of the 18 hole Championship San Domenico Golf Course. Excellent breakfasts and dinners are served on a beautiful covered terrace. In winter there is a vaulted dining room with open fire.
Fasano for Families
- Masseria Alchimia was once a convent but is now an ultra modern collection of studios sleeping between three and five and is one of the best places to stay in Fasano for families or groups. With rooms starting from only £41 a night it's a good option if you are on a tight budget.
For a Beach Break
- If you are here for a luxury beach break check in to the Masseria Torre Maizza. The hotel's main building is an old, square, whitewashed tower. A cool juxtaposition with the hip decor inside.
- Masseria Torre Coccaro is Masseria Torre Maizza's older sibling and is another of the best places to stay in Fasano if you're looking for a cool blend of old and new. One suite is an ancient cave with its own olive grove and pool… But they also have a wonderfully modern Aveda spa. And a private beach club!
For a private apartment or villa
- If your seeking a little more privacy, we recommend visiting our online partner Booking.com.
- In terms of aiports, Fasano and the surrounding area is serviced by Brindsi (56km) and Bari (71km).
- For those keen on hiring a car, we recommed you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to visit Fasano is from May to September, when the temperatures sit in the mid twenties.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Fasano.
- Alternatively, have a look at our complete list of Puglia hotels.
- Or, feel free to contact one of our friendly gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Fasano
Best Hotels in Fasano
Masseria Alchimia Fasano Brindisi, Puglia 10 rooms from €69Value chic - The rates themselves are appealing and the owner has also negotiated excellent prices at local restaurants and shops for guestsCountry Escape - The interiors are nothing less than minamilist urban chic yet the surrounding is idyllic countryside - a hip rural getawayFamilies - The self-catering studios (sleeping up to 5) make this an ideal choice for familiesSights nearby - The Trulli of Alberobello, a UNESCO Heritage site, is well worth a tripRecommended by - I Escape, Sawdays
Borgo San Marco Fasano, Puglia 16 rooms from €150Families - A fantastic spot for families with interconnecting rooms, self catering, pool, playground, high chairs and babysitting.Value chic - A chic and unpretentious masseria, with elegant rooms, glorious pool, citrus garden and bourainvillea gardens.Local markets - Head into Fasano for their buzzy Wednesday market and pick up some great local produce.Cooking classes - The hotel organises cookery classes, learn to whip up your favourite regional dishes.Recommended by - I Escape
Simple yet stylish masseria on historic olive-growing estate. An ochre painted farmhouse with delightfully rustic rooms - bare stone, wood, wrought iron and earthy tones. The restaurant serves local produce and within the walled gardens sit citrus groves, a pool, hot tub and shady terraces. See More
Palazzina Alchimia Fasano (Puglia) 1 rooms from €180Local exploring - Live like a local in this stylish apartment just steps from Fasano's cafes and shops.Great walks - Wander the pretty streets and admire the quaint white-washed houses, churches, palaces, squares and towers.Sights nearby - Visit the ruins of the Roman town of Fasano Egnazia on the coast.Full of character
A charming one bedroom apartment in lovely Fasano. Domed ceilings, white washed walls off set by contemporary furniture. A large roof terrace to sip a cocktail on and a contemporary kitchen to whip up an Italian feast. Steps from the cafes and shops. An oh-so chic way to experience Italy. See More
Masseria Torre Maizza Savelletri de Fasano, Puglia 26 rooms from €236Country Escape - Surrounded by ancient olive groves and fruit orchards, with fantastic walking, produce straight from the farm, and beach club.Romantic Break - A grown up choice with luxorious rooms, wonderful food, romantic yacht trips, olive oil massages and picturesque scenery.Great walks - Explore trulli country on foot or by bike- discover it's ancient olive groves, fruit trees and miles of scrub.Cooking classes - Pick fresh olives and vegetables from the olive groves and use them in yummy Apulian dishes.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet
Sophisticated, contemporary hotel with a young, hip vibe. Smart blue and white contemporary bedrooms, some with open fires and hot tubs. Wonderful courtyard bar with Balinese sofas and excellent restaurant overlooking the pool. Small spa, golf course and private beach club. See More