Search the best hotels in Newquay
With its collection of nine white sandy beaches and sweeping Atlantic waves, Newquay has become the capital of Cornish surfing. And there are plenty of the after-dark pub accoutrements in the town to cater to this crowd, as well as a number of great restaurants and several clubs and a wide range of accommodation making it hard to choose amongst the best places to stay in Newquay.
What Not To Miss
- Jamie Oliver has a branch of Fifteen on the flat, broad beach of Watergate Bay, just to the east of Newquay, but Fistral is probably the most famous beach, home to the annual Boardmasters surfing festival.
- Newquay also has several family-friendly attractions, including a zoo, an aquarium, an Owl Sanctuary, the Dairyland Farm World and the Crealy Adventure Park theme park.
- There are also some great rock pooling sites ideal for finding some of the local marine life.
- Sit inside legendary aircraft including the Harrier Jumpjet at the Cornwall Aviation Heritage Centre. A great opportunity for hands-on interaction with iconic historical aircraft.
- Catch a ride on the Lappa Valley Steam Railway with historic steam trains taking passengers around the route. There's also a variety of other activities including crazy golf, pedalos and an adventure playground making it great for families.
Some of the best places to stay in Newquay are perfect for families, while some don't accommodate under 16s, so you’ve got a good choice whatever the size of your travelling companions.
For beach location
- Lewinnick Lodge is right on the point with wonderful views of the Cornish coastline. There are ten simple, stylish rooms decorated in pale colours and with all the mod. cons., including pale coloured modern bathroom suites. You’re right on the beach and there’s a great beach terrace bar and restaurant.
- Fistral Beach Hotel has wonderful views and a relaxing atmosphere abound at this coastal charmer. Delightful rooms, a superb spa and an excellent restaurant are just a few reasons to visit Fistral Beach Hotel.
- The Bedruthan Steps Hotel is a great option for families, just up the coast in Mawgan Porth. There are 101 modern rooms, many of them with wonderful beach views, plus two pools, a spa and kid’s club.
For adult sophistication
- Also in Mawgan Porth, The Scarlet is a wonderfully relaxing option. This eco-hotel overlooks the beach and their spa offers Ayurvedic treatments, as well as incredible ocean views.
For an apartment or cottage
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday, don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a great selection of properties ideal for enjoying the beaches and activities.
- Fly to Cornwall Airport Newquay located 8km (5 miles) from Newquay. The airport caters mostly to domestic destinations although also does have links to Europe.
- Alternatively, catch a train to Newquay with rail links to major cities including London via Par.
- If you want to rent a car to explore the beautiful coastline, for prices visit our online partner Rentalcars
- Best time to visit - the summer months from June to early September provide the warmest weather for enjoying the beaches and plethora of outdoor activities available.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Newquay,
- Alternatively, widen the net and check out all our Cornwall recommendations.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Newquay
Best Hotels in Newquay
Fistral Beach Hotel Newquay (North Cornwall) 71 rooms from €109Active Holiday - Whether you want to surf, hike, or stretch out in a yoga class - there are a wide range of activities for guestsRomantic Break - A sleek adult-only coastal hotel with the option of fine dining, in-suite hot tubs, and couples' massagesSpa - The full-service spa comes complete with a vitality pool, steam room, sauna, and hot tub as well as a wide treatment listRestaurant - Local ingredients are used to produce modern British dishes at the Dune restaurant, one of the best in Newquay
Wonderful views and a relaxing atmosphere abound at this adult-only luxury coastal hotel. Sleek rooms are minimalist in design with the unfussy design drawing focus to the fabulous sea views. With a full-service spa and Cornish fine dining, this is a romantic base for a couples' escape. See More
Bedruthan Hotel Mawgan Porth, Cornwall 101 rooms from €173Spa breaks - Pamper yourself at the top of the range luxury spa, using all natural products and treatments — heaven!Families - With family orientated rooms, great dining options and the beach close by it's ideal for familiesEco break - A sustainable and environmentally minded hotel with an extensive responsible tourism pledgeRestaurant - The Wild Cafe and The Herring serve seasonal dishes using the best of local produceRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide
A family-friendly hotel with fabulous views of the Atlantic Ocean. Interiors are contemporary throughout. Rooms have floor-to-ceiling windows, wooden floors, and minimalist furniture. With two Cornish restaurants, three pools, a spa, and plenty of activities - this is a real crowd-pleaser. See More
Lewinnick Lodge Newquay (North Cornwall) 10 rooms from €207Foodies - The restaurant is inspired by the surrounding land and sea and served contemporary Cornish cuisineRomantic Break - Rooms boast spectacular sea views and enormous clawfoot tubs - a very romantic settingSights nearby - The Blue Reef Aquarium and Newquay Zoo are a short driveSailing - Newquay sailing club for all your nautical needs
A boutique restaurant with rooms boasting fabulous sea views from its clifftop setting. Simple yet stylish, modern rooms decorated in light hues with luxe bathrooms. With the beach on your doorstep and a brasserie serving very good modern Cornish fare, this is a charming coastal hideaway. See More
The Scarlet, Cornwall Mawgan Porth, Cornwall 37 rooms from €225Romantic Break - With a spoiling spa, luxurious rooms with sea views, and fine dining - this is the perfect setting for romanceSpa - An eco spa featuring a bromine-filtered indoor pool, outdoor natural reed pool, a wooden sauna, and pod treatment roomsRestaurant - Seasonal dishes are served in the restaurant alongside a good selection of winesSurfing - There are several surfing beaches nearby and plenty of surf schools tooRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
Relaxing, purpose-designed eco-friendly hotel overlooking Mawgan Porth beach. Rooms are decorated with contemporary furniture & local art. Enjoy sea views from the cocktail lounge and the stylish hotel restaurant. Expect fantastic spa facilities for relaxation and great outdoor activities nearby. See More
The Headland Newquay (North Cornwall) 96 rooms from €271Swimming Pool - Six pools include indoor Lap pool, Hydrotherapy pool & kid's splash pool. Outdoors there's a sunset spa, vitality & edge poolsActive Holiday - The Cornish coast offers a plethora of outdoor activities; surfing, kayaking, paddleboarding, walking, fishing & sailingFamilies - Very family-orientated with well-designed rooms, lots of activities, child-friendly dining & a relaxed overall feelSpa breaks - A true sanctuary, The Headland Spa boasts award-winning facilities, signature Elemis treatments & beauty services
This grand Victorian seaside hotel has been transformed into a super-luxe contemporary spa hotel. Located on its own headland, expect beach access, killer views & plenty of space. Incredible Aqua Centre, six swimming pools, destination spa & opulent yet cosy rooms & suites make this a crowd-pleaser. See More
Tolcarne Beach Colonial Rooms Newquay (North Cornwall) 9 rooms from €305Beach Life - Located directly on a beautiful stretch of private beach this is a unique option in Cornwall due to its proximity to the sandsActive Holiday - Whether you want to surf, paddleboard or spend the day hiking - there is plenty to do in the areaSurfing - The surf in Newquay is world renowned and a number of surf schools operate from the beachesRestaurant - Modern contemporary cuisine using the freshest local produce
A chic collection of beach cabins and suites set directly on a private stretch of beach. Interiors are quirky and luxurious, filled with antiques and offering indulgent bathrooms and terraces for beach views. The restaurant serves up particularly good seafood. An ideal pick for a romantic break. See More