The 12 Best Beach Hotels on Mallorca
There are so many reasons to visit Mallorca, but for a lot of people the island’s beautiful beaches and postcard-perfect varied coastline appear at the top of their list. So putting together our Guru’s list of the 12 best beach hotels on Mallorca has been a pleasure as well as a challenge.
There are so many different kinds of beach, tiny white coves, pebbly stretches, wide scimitars of golden sand. There are beaches perfect for kite-surfing, stretches of coast much loved by divers and snorkelers, party beaches and those on which perfect turquoise seas lap with a relaxing regularity. So our list of the best beach hotels in Mallorca is broken up into types of beach and types of break.
The 12 Best Beach Hotels on Mallorca
The Best Beachside Hotels on Mallorca
- The Font Santa is a beautiful five star hotel within striking distance of Mallorca’s best beach. This converted sandstone house now has 25 chic, modern, all-white rooms and suites, a fantastic restaurant, picturesque grounds and pool and an extensive spa menu
- The Hospes Maricel is right on the shore of the Mediterranean, just up the coast from Palma de Mallorca. Elegant and luxurious, there are 44 rooms, wonderful sun-and-sea terraces, and a fantastic infinity pool. Romantic and relatively secluded.
The Most Romantic Beach Hotels on Mallorca
- Can Simoneta in Canyamel is a peaceful clifftop hotel with a romantic terrace restaurant and direct access to the ocean via a flight of steep steps cut directly into the cliffs. There are just 13 rooms, but lots of facilities.
- Capdepera’s Predi Son Jaumell is a beautifully converted farmhouse now offering 24 pale, chic rooms with stunning views. There’s also an excellent restaurant and you’re just a short walk from the hotel’s private cove. Relaxing, romantic and very stylish.
- La Moraleja in Port de Pollença is a chic boutique hotel close to the beach and in view of the mountains. There are 22 elegant rooms, showcasing interesting art, and great views from the balconies and large terraces. There’s a choice of informal or formal dining and a poolside bar, library and a collection of vintage cars living on site.
The Best Hip and Happening Beach Hotels on Mallorca
- Portixol is a popular harbour side hotel with a lively restaurant and bar, a lovely pool and exceptional sea views. The 25 rooms have a chic, nautical feel and there’s an excellent spa. You’re also close to the action if you’re here for the nightlife.
The Best Value Beach Hotels on Mallorca
- The Hotel Feliz is a cute, contemporary hotel overlooking the harbour in Palma de Mallorca. There are 44 rooms and suites with all the mod. cons. and private balconies. There’s a rooftop lounge serving great Mediterranean food and the room rate starts from €119 per night (low season).
The Best Beach Hotels on Mallorca for Families
- Cases de son Barbassa is a rustic, chic farmhouse in Capdepera with 20 simple, yet stylish rooms with bare stone walls, wooden beams and hot tubs. There’s also a gorgeous pool and gardens and a great restaurant.
- The Hotel Esplendido in Sóller has 74 rooms and suites with a contemporary feel, plus an extensive spa menu, a pool, sea-facing terraces, gardens and a private beach. Plus activities for the kids.
- The Can Moragues is a great value option in old town Artà. Converted from a Mallorcan manor house there are four traditional rooms with stone walls, exposed beams, and private garden patios to breakfast on.
The Best Beach Hotels in Palma de Mallorca
- The small but romantically formed Boutique Hotel Calatrava is a sleek, six room hotel right on the beach front in central Palma. The decor is sophisticated in pastels, and there’s a lovely little cafe/ bistro with views over Palma Bay and the ocean.
- The Hotel Cort is a new, 14 room hotel with an amazing rooftop swimming pool and bar. You’re not right on the coast, but you’re in the heart of things, close to restaurants, bars and shops, as well as being very close to the beach.
Still not sure which of our Guru’s recommendations for the 12 best beach hotels on Mallorca might be perfect for you?
- You could expand your search to include all best places to stay on Mallorca?
- Or refine your search to the 10 Best Beach Hotels in Palma de Mallorca?
- or just to the 15 Best Value Hotels on Mallorca? or, at the other end of the scale the Best Luxury Hotels on Mallorca?
- Or you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
The 12 Best Beach Hotels on Mallorca
Fontsanta Campos (Colonia de San Jordi Km 8,2) 25 rooms from €235Spa breaks - The natural thermal spa feeds the individual bath rooms, an indoor pool, a hot tub, a sauna, a Turkish bath and a vaporiumBeach Life - Located near Es Trenc which is Mallorca's most famous and beautiful beachFoodies - A fabulous restaurant serves innovative Spanish cuisineSpa - Thermal spa offering the only natural thermal waters in the BalearicsRecommended by - CN Traveller, I Escape, Mr & Mrs Smith
A beautiful Five Star hotel in the countryside within striking distance of Mallorca's best beach. A sunny sandstone house with contemporary chic all white rooms and suites. Fantastic restaurant, picturesque grounds and pools, and extensive spa. A definite spot for romantics and food lovers. See More
Hospes Maricel Carretera Andratx, Mallorca 51 rooms from €220Restaurant - The Senzone Restaurant hosts the best Chefs of Japanese gastronomy in Spain.Sit-out Terrace - A spectacular terrace that juts out into the sea.Seaviews - A romantic backdrop to any occasion.Quiet - Set in the seclusion of the bay.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Kiwi Collection
Can Simoneta Canyamel 26 rooms from €280Beach nearby - Direct access to the sea over a winding stair directly to the water-basin and private access to the public beach of Canyamel.Outstanding location - A rural setting but minutes from towns and with direct access to the beaches.Views - The hotel restaurant has views over the bay of Canyamel.Watersports - Water skiing, fishing, diving, motorboats, paddle boats.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Predi Son Jaumell Capdepera (Carretera Cala Mesquida, Km 1) 24 rooms from €191Country Escape - A beautiful and tranquil country house which stands out for its very chic contemporary interiorsWeddings - There's a fully restored chapel for wedding servicesViews - Stunning views of the castle of Capdepera and the Mallorcan countrysideRestaurant - The chef had a spell at the famous El Bulli restaurantRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
A seamless, chic traditional farmhouse with beautiful rooms, stunning views, excellent food, and a short walk from its private cove. Enormous all white suites have attractive works of art and four poster beds. Equally lovely living areas, pool and lounge area. Romantic, relaxing, and very stylish. See More
La Moraleja Cala Sant Vincenç (Cala Sant Vicenç) 22 rooms from €130Total relaxation - A luxurious wellness area to enjoy a sauna, a dip in the hoth tub, a massage or natural skin treatmentsActive Holiday - The hotel is a great base to indulge in various sports activities that the island has on offerGreat walks - Walking excursions can be organised and are a great way to explore the surrouding areasRestaurant - Choice of two restaurants offering Mediterranean cuisines
A chic boutique hotel located close to the beaches and mountains of Mallorca. Elegantly designed rooms showcasing interesting artworks offer great views from the large terraces. Formal and informal dining options and a poolside bar. A games room, library and a collection of vintage cars on-site. See More
Portixol Palma de Mallorca 25 rooms from €295City Style - A seafront property with luxury spa, a lively bar and easy access of the cities sights and nightlife.Foodies - Boasting one of Mallorca's most popular restaurants- specialising in seafood and cocktails.Swimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolLively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - I Escape
Hotel Feliz Palma de Mallorca 44 rooms from €119Active Holiday - Sailing, tennis and golf are all locally available for those wanting to keep activeTotal relaxation - With a great restaurant and lovely pool on-site there's hardly a reason to leave!Restaurant - Featuring special Paella and barbecue eveningsSights nearby - 10 mins by bus from the Old Town
Cases de son Barbassa Capdepera 20 rooms from €254Views - On a clear day you can see as far as MenorcaRestaurant - Mediterranean cuisine featuring ingredients either sourced from the garden or local marketsSights nearby - A couple of kms from mediaeval CapdeperaSailing - Can be booked nearby.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Sawdays
A rustic chic farmhouse with wonderful countryside views close to the beach. Simple yet stylish rooms with large beds, bare stone walls, wooden beams and hot tub baths. Gorgeous pool, restaurant, and garden. Good for couples, groups & families wanting easy access to both beach and mountains. See More
Hotel Esplendido Soller, Mallorca 80 rooms from €160Families - This is a popular hotel with families; there's numerous activities for children and the beach is just steps awayActive Holiday - With easy access to noth mountains and sea, this is a great base for an active holidayViews - Great views from hotelPrivate Hot Tub - The Esplendido suite comes with a private hot tub on its terraceRecommended by - I Escape
Can Moragues Artà (Arta) 4 rooms from €85Total relaxation - With a lovely pool, a secluded setting and a designated 'chill out' area, this is a place designed to completely unwindBeach Life - The nearby beaches in Artá are recognized as some of the most beautiful in the MediterraneanSailing - There's a sailing club locallyTraditional - An old Majorcan manor house
A gorgeous Majorcan manor house with a rich heritage in old town Arta. Traditional chic rooms and suites have stone walls, wooden beams, sumptuous beds, and private garden patios for breakfast. Lovely garden, pool and sauna, and bikes available. Excellent value, family friendly, 10km to the beach. See More
Boutique Hotel Calatrava Palma de Mallorca 6 rooms from €164Local exploring - Set in the heart of the city close to famed historic sights of Palma such as the Cathedral and the Royal Palace of La AlmudainaCity Style - An elegant 19th century building featuring contemporary interiors complete with chic modern artSights nearby - Located next to Palma's Parque del Mar and very close to the CathedralRestaurant - Gastro-gourmet bistro, where you can also buy many delicaciesRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
Hotel Cort Palma de Mallorca (07001 Palma De Mallorca) 14 rooms from €165Local exploring - Situated in the heart of the historic centre and within walking distance of the beachCity Style - A chic hotel in a 19th century building with a fantastic rooftop terraceBeach Life - The nearest beach is just a 15 minutes walkSights nearby - Palma Cathedral and the Almudaina Royal Palace