Search the best hotels in Cartagena
Cartagena de Indias feels like it belongs to a different era. Once an important port on the silver and gold trade route, this city was wealthy and fortified. The impressive remnants of which are why it's UNESCO world heritage listed and why it has so many visitors. The city undoubtedly has a fairytale quality to it and the best places to stay in Cartagena offer visitors a fantastic glimpse into this historic town. In fact while it feels like an exotic destination, Cartagena is also a good place to go if you want to relax - one of the best things to do here is stroll the sea wall, followed by some mojitos in a cafe/ bar and some people watching. Although this may make it sound small - it's not, Cartagena is the fifth largest city in Colombia.
What Not To Miss
- The Fortifications. Because of the rich trading, Cartagena is also the Caribbean port most associated with pirates. It makes sense that Cartagena's famous fortifications are slightly set off from today's city - focused around the bay. The best of the forts are the Castillo de San Felipe of Barajas, the Battery of San Ángel in Tierrabomba, the Castillo Fuerte of San Fernando and the Battery of San José in Bocachica.
- Stroll around the walled Old Town - everything you'd expect a Spanish Colonial settlement to look like. This is one of the best places to stay in Cartagena if you're 'hanging the expense' and want to really be in the heart of things. Despite being ravaged numerous times this area is full of beautiful buildings.
- Specifically within the Old Town, the Cathedral and the Palace of the Inquisition are majestic and fascinating - and give a great look into Cartagena's rich history.
- Built for the middle classes, San Diego is where you'll find many of Cartagena's most beautiful old colonial homes some of which have been converted into boutique hotels.These hotels may not always have a lot of rooms but the charm of staying in this area is worth the effort.
- Or for a different experience, visit Oceanario with marine life, including turtles and sharks, on show in the beautiful waters - it's a great excursion for visitors of all ages.
Our pick of the best places to stay in Cartagena includes everything from luxurious retreats to chic properties in the heart of the town ensuring there's something for everyone.
The Best Places to stay in Cartagena
For central location
- If you want to stay in the heart of town, a good option is Casa Pestagua. Right by Santo Domingo Square, this palace of a hotel was built for an 18th Century Count and is often referred to as 'the most beautiful house in Cartagena'. It has gorgeous views over the walled city and a luxurious spa with hot-tubs-with-a-view.
- La Passion is also in a great central location. This beautiful 18th century palace has been converted into an eight bedroomed hotel with stylish rooms, fabulous roof top swimming pool and cocktail bar.
- The Sofitel Legend Santa Clara is one of the best places to stay in Cartagena to experience San Diego. It has a grandiose beauty that fits in with the carefully restored houses the area is best known for. It used to be a convent, but with four bars and the largest pool in the walled city it's anything but staid now.
- Very chic and central, Casa del Coliseo is a beautifully renovated colonial house in the heart of the historic centre. Enormous rooms feature beamed ceilings, white washed walls and a mix of contemporary and antique furniture. It boasts a rooftop pool and BBQ area. Rent the whole house or just a room. Fabulous.
- Hotel LM A small luxury hotel in Cartagena's most exclusive district. Housing just seven individually styled rooms that beautifully mix colonial charm with contemporary style. A picture pretty courtyard complete with pool is the perfect hang out and the kitchen serves up excellent regional fare.
The Best Luxury Hotels in Cartagena
- Tcherassi Hotel and Spa is one of the trendiest addresses in town. Come here for sleek interiors, contemporary art and an award winning restaurant.
- Casa San Agustin is easily one of the best places if luxury is your thing. The large rooms and suites feature four poster beds and marble bathrooms as standard. Plus there's a courtyard pool and much, much more.
- Great for exploration of the town and beaches, Casa Don Sancho is a luxury hotel located in the historic walled city and just a short walk from the beach. Beautifully renovated throughout, the house keeps its colonial charm mixed with a clean contemporary feel. Large rooms feature private terraces, wooden fans and high ceilings. A chic choice.
- For those looking for luxury with no shortage of activities, Sofitel Legend Santa Clara is a former convent in the heart of Cartagena with four bars and the biggest swimming pool in the city. Fun, fun, fun - the original occupants would not approve...
- Perfect for relaxing, Bantu Boutique Hotel is an elegant 5* hotel in 18th century building. Characterful rooms have exposed bricks, traditional mosaic tiles and light marble bathrooms. With an outdoor pool on the roof terrace, inner plant-filled courtyard, solarium, hot tub and massages there is Caribbean and Colombian fare in the romantic restaurant. An authentic stay.
The Most Romantic Places to Stay in Cartagena
- Amarla Boutique Hotel is a stunning adults-only boutique hotel located in the heart of the old town. Its seven individually designed rooms and suites exude luxury, plus you'll find a fabulous rooftop pool and terrace (candlelit dinners for two can be arranged up here), and wonderful personal service. A truly relaxing and romantic hideaway.
- Beautifully traditional, Bovedas de Santa Clara is boutique property in the heart of Cartagena de Indias. White on white throughout with beamed ceilings and natural objects as artwork. Rooms are well proportioned and have a whimsical, romantic air. Well located for city exploring or for heading out into the surrounding mountain range. Very chic.
- Quadrifolio is a romantic manor house in the old town of Cartagena. Traditional understated elegance throughout the suites with stone floors, wooden furnishings and all the mod cons. Lovely pool, spa and restaurant. Calm, simple and sophisticated.
- Casablanca B&B is a contemporary B&B in colonial house. Elegant rooms are awash with white furnishings, antique furniture and granite bathrooms; some with open air showers. There are two outdoor pools, rooftop bar with superb views and a shady courtyard. Spa treatments are available. Chic and romantic with lots of personal touches.
For a Historic Property
- Great for foodies, Casa La Cartujita is situated in central Cartagena and offers cooking classes. This stylish property features 16th century colonial architecture with modernist and chic rooms as well as a small indoor pool. Head up to the solarium and work on your tan or go off exploring the area. An incredibly upmarket and elegant city spot!
- Alfiz Hotel is great value and perfectly located near Cartagena de Indias' historic Old Town. It features traditional & elegant rooms decorated in a typically colonial manner with plenty of antique furniture. Relax in their reading room with a book or head off to explore the gorgeous city.
The Best Value Places to Stay in Cartagena
- San Lazaro Art Lifestyle Hotel is a chic contemporary hotel located just outside the historical walled city. Cleanly designed rooms feature floor to ceiling windows, crisp white linen and large terraces. A rooftop pool is the perfect spot to sip a cocktail and the hip restaurant serves international and Caribbean fare.
- Hotel la Artilleria - this hotel is centrally located in Cartagena de Indias. It features incredibly spacious and simple white rooms and even has its own rooftop pool as well as a terrace. Make the most out of the fabulous location to explore every inch of this historic city. A great value stay with very friendly staff.
Prefer an apartment or villa?
- If you'd prefer your own space, don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a range of accommodation both on the coast and in the heart of the city.
- Fly to Rafael Nunez International Airport located only 11km (7 miles) from Cartagena, with a range of connections to other international destinations.
- If you would like to rent a car, for prices we recommend visiting our online partner Rentalcars
- Best time to visit - although Columbia can be a year-round destination, the dry season is from December to March
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Cartagena,
- Expand your search to view our recommendations in Bogota or Buritaca
- Or contact one of our friendly gurus for advice
Monthly Weather in Cartagena
Best Hotels in Cartagena
Amarla Boutique Hotel Cartagena (Centro) 7 rooms from £297Sights nearby - Located in the heart of the old city, you can see most of the highlights on footCooking classes - Learn the ins and outs of Colombian cuisine from the in-house chefRestaurant - La Gloria restaurant serves delicious Colombian cuisineRestrictions on children - Amarla is an adult only property
A stunning adult only boutique hotel in the heart of the old town. Seven individually designed rooms are filled with unique artisanal pieces and attention to detail is superb. Think silk robes, Egyptian cotton bedding and bespoke furnishings. A rooftop pool, plus delicious food complete the picture. See More
Hotel la Artilleria Cartagena 23 rooms from £67Local exploring - Well positioned to access sights such as Cartagena's Gold Museum, San Felipe de Barajas Castle and Bolivar ParkBeach nearby - The beach is just a minutes walk away and the hotel provides beach towelsSights nearby - Go explore Bolivar House, Santo Domingo Square or the city walls-all of which are just a short walk awaySwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
This hotel is centrally located in Cartagena de Indias. It features incredibly spacious and simple white rooms and even has its own rooftop pool as well as a terrace. Make the most out of the fabulous location to explore every inch of this historic city. A great value stay with very friendly staff. See More
Boutique Hotel Las Carretas Cartagena 14 rooms from £59Local exploring - There is history on every corner here; learn more about Cartagena through its castles, cathedrals, convents and squaresValue chic - Excellent value for a brilliant location in the historic walled-citySights nearby - The top sites of the Old Town surround you: Coches Square, Bolivar House, Clock Tower, Custom Square and Pegasos's WharfSailing - The hotel can organise a boat trip to take you to the famous Rosario Islands, within a National Park
Boutique hotel lovers on a budget will adore this centrally-located colonial-era property. Rooms are on the small side but inviting with exposed brickwork, wooden beams & ethnic prints. Terraces and vaulted courtyards wind around the property, there's also a small pool. Affordable old-town delight. See More
Hotel Kartaxa Cartagena (San Diego) 26 rooms from £73Local exploring - Set within the walls of the old city, this hotel is perfectly placed for local exploringCity Style - Located in a heritage property in Cartagena, this hotel has lots of local city styleRomantic Break - Couples love the romantic suites at this hotel, and the pretty outdoor poolSights nearby - Visit the Cartagena Cathedral, a Catholic church and local landmark
This boutique hotel is located in Cartagena, Colombia. The spacious guestrooms are themed around Colombian artists and feature heritage-style furnishings, tiled floors and local artwork; book a luxury suite for a private terrace. Unwind by the chic pool or in the cosy sitting room; a stylish hotel. See More
San Lazaro Art Lifestyle Hotel Cartagena 36 rooms from £84Local exploring - Well located within walking distance of many of the city's main attractionsCity Style - A chic city pad with contemporary design and a trendy restaurantSights nearby - Located right opposite San Felipe de Barajas CastleBeach nearby - Spend days under the sun lounging on the beach
A chic contemporary hotel with located just outside the historical walled city. Cleanly designed rooms feature floor to ceiling windows, crisp white linen and large terraces. A rooftop pool is the perfect spot to sip a cocktail and a hip restaurant serves international and Caribbean fare. Fabulous. See More
Alfiz Hotel Cartagena (Centrohistori) 10 rooms from £127Sights nearby - Head over to see Bolivar House, Santo Domingo Square or Centenary Park-all of which are located just a short walk awayLocal markets - You've got to check out Las Bóvedas market which takes place in an arcade originally built as a dungeon!Great walks - Wander over to the beach and take a beautiful walk up the Caribbean coastlineRestrictions on children - Not suitable for children under 12 yrs of age
Alfiz Hotel is great value and perfectly located near Cartagena de Indias' historic Old Town. It features traditional & elegant rooms decorated in a typically colonial manner with plenty of antique furniture. Relax in their reading room with a book or head off to explore the gorgeous city. See More
Townhouse Cartagena Cartagena 8 rooms from £100Local exploring - Situated in the heart of the old town, the hotel is ideal for discovering the sightsGreat walks - Explore the streets of old town Cartagena and gaze at the beautiful and colourful streets, stunning colonial architectureSights nearby - The hotel is a 30-second walk – from the Plaza Fernandez de MadridRestaurant - The menu focuses on locally and sustainably sourced food
A boutique hotel, situated in old town Cartagena. Rooms are vibrant and quirky (each is inspired by a Colombian bird) with private balconies and seating areas. The rooftop bar is one of the hottest spots in town with incredible innovative cocktails and delicious taps served til late! A trendy spot. See More
Bantu Boutique Hotel Cartagena 26 rooms from £114Writing a novel - Take inspiration from this 18th century building and old city, read upon the roof terrace lounge or the bricked courtyardBoutique - A boutique stay that perfectly pulls together contemporary and traditional design to create a chic luxury propertySights nearby - Santo Toribio ChurchBarefoot Luxury - For total relaxation.
Elegant 5* hotel in 18th century building. Characterful rooms have exposed bricks, traditional mosaic tiles and light marble bathrooms. Outdoor pool on roof terrace, inner plant-filled courtyard, solarium, hot tub and massages. Caribbean and Colombian fare in romantic restaurant. An authentic stay. See More
La Passion Cartagena (Bolivar) 8 rooms from £129Sights nearby - Situated in the heart of the historical centre of Cartagena, the hotel arranges guided walking tours of the Old TownSailing - Hire a yacht and explore the beautiful islands of Rosario and BaruBoutique - A charming boutique hotel set in a mansion dating back to 1820Romantic BreakRecommended by - Tablet, CN Traveller
Hotel Casa Quero Cartagena (San Diego) 7 rooms from £120Local exploring - This hotel is in a great location for local exploring, with most of the city's main attractions within walking distanceCity Style - Situated in a heritage property within the walls of a UNESCO World Heritage city, this hotel has lots of local styleRomantic Break - Couples love the romantic rooms at this hotel; book a suite for a charming private terraceSights nearby - Stroll through the historic streets of the walled city, a listed heritage site
This boutique hotel is located in the historic San Diego neighbourhood of Cartagena de Indias, Colombia. Guestrooms feature whitewashed walls, heritage-style furniture and tiled floors; book a suite for living space and a terrace. Unwind by the pool before dinner al fresco; a charming boutique stay. See More
Casa La Cartujita Cartagena 7 rooms from £164Local exploring - There are plenty of sights within walking distance or you can simply take a leisurely stroll around and get to know the areaCity Style - The hotel is situated in Cartagena's historic old town and so is a perfect base from which to explore the cityBeach nearby - Just minutes away from the nearest beachSights nearby - Go visit Cartagena's Walls, Bolivar Park, the Palace of the Inquisition or a number of other local sights
Casa La Cartujita is situated in central Cartagena. This stylish property features 16th century colonial architecture with modernist and chic rooms as well as a small indoor pool. Head up to the solarium and work on your tan or go off exploring the area. An incredibly upmarket and elegant city spot! See More
Casa Claver Loft Boutique Hotel Cartagena (Centro) 8 rooms from £148Groups - These large loft rooms in central Bogota are perfect for big groupsCity Style - Discover the sights and sounds of Bogota from this central locationSights nearby - Walking tours can be arranged at reception and are a great way to get to know the sights of BogotaLively - Hip and happening.
A beautifully renovated 17th-century townhouse offering guests fully-equipped loft rooms for long and short-term stays. Each room has a kitchenette and seating area. All guests can make use of a stunning sun terrace with an outdoor pool, and there is also an indoor pool, a steam room and a sauna. See More
Hotel Casa La Factoria Provincia de Cartagena 28 rooms from £149Romantic Break - This grown-up boutique bolt-hole is perfect for a romantic escape, with a secret terrace and swimming pool plus a spaLocal exploring - Explore this UNESCO-listed world heritage city easily from this hotel, with many attractions within walking distanceCity Style - Set in a heritage property in central Cartagena, this hotel has lots of local city styleSights nearby - Visit the Castillo de San Felipe de Barajas, a colonial-era fortress which now offers toursRecommended by - Tablet
A boutique hotel tucked away in a colonial-era property in central Cartagena. A wooden gallery lines the hotel's interior courtyard, hiding an azure swimming pool and terrace. Guestrooms feel historic, with exposed stone walls and wooden beams - a characterful stay in this UNESCO heritage city. See More
Sophia Hotel Cartagena (Centro) 15 rooms from £152City Style - Explore Cartagena from this central location in Cartagena de Indias and enjoy views of this traditional Colombian cityBusiness meetings - Sophia Hotel has a range of stylish meeting rooms perfect for any corporate get-togetherBeach Life - Relax on Cartagena's gorgeous beaches, Bocagrande and Marbella are a short walk awaySights nearby - Get to know Cartegena's sights, Bolivar Park and the Cano Gallery are within walking distance
A magnificent boutique hotel offering 5* accommodation in central Cartagena. There is an outdoor pool and sun terrace where guests can enjoy a relaxing drink from the bar before a meal at the hotel restaurant. All 15 rooms are individually and elegantly decorated in contemporary decor. See More
Ananda Hotel Boutique Cartagena (Centro) 23 rooms from £171City Style - Situated in a heritage property with classic interiors, this hotel has plenty of local Cartagenan styleLocal exploring - Located Cartagena's vibrant old town, this hotel is perfectly placed for local exploring in the cityRomantic Break - Couples love the hotel's interior patio pool and the romantic rooftop terraceSights nearby - Visit the San Agustin Convent; now part of Cartegena University, this impressive building dates back to the 16th century
This colonial boutique hotel is located in the heart of Cartagena's old town. Rooms have elegant, classic interiors featuring local textiles and native wood accents; book a split-level suite for a teak-panelled terrace. Lounge by the pool or sip cocktails at the rooftop bar; a chic heritage hotel. See More
Hotel LM Cartagena 7 rooms from £171Beach nearby - Do as the locals do and spend the day sipping on beer and sunbathing at La BoquillaLuxury - A small luxury hotel that mixes traditional style with contemporary designLocal exploring - Just a short walk from the city's historical and cultural sitesCity Style - A chic hotel in one of the city's most exclusive districts
A small luxury hotel in Cartagena's most exclusive district. Housing just seven individually styled rooms that beautifully mix colonial charm with contemporary style. A picture pretty courtyard complete with pool is the perfect hang out and the kitchen serves up excellent regional fare. Fabulous. See More
Casa de Alba Hotel Cartagena 12 rooms from £172Local exploring - The hotel is located within the walled city, in a prime location for exploring CartagenaBeach Life - The city boasts a stunning beach, ideal for relaxing and watersportsFoodies - The hotel is located near plenty of restaurantsSights nearby - The hotel is close to many historical sites, including the cathedral, San Pedro Square and Bolivar ParkRecommended by - Tablet, Great Small Hotels
A stunning hotel located in a renovated colonial mansion in the heart of Cartagena. Rooms are bright and spacious with marble finishes and a private terrace or balcony. Historical sights, like the, Santa Catalina de Alejandra Cathedral, are at your doorstep, and local cuisine can be enjoyed nearby. See More
Sofitel Legend Santa Clara Cartagena (Barrio San Diego) 122 rooms from £220Local exploring - Located in Cartagena’s old town – declared a Unesco World Heritage site in 1984Historic - Built within the compound of a 17th-century converted monasteryBeach nearby - Unwind in tranquility at the hotel's private beachSwimming Pool - Boasting the largest pool in the city!Recommended by - Tablet, Fodors, Kiwi Collection
A former convent in the heart of Cartagena with four bars and the biggest swimming pool in the city. Large rooms are bright and airy with a mix of traditional and contemporary design. Set within the UNESCO heritage walled city this is a luxury spot with superb access to the city's attractions. See More
Casa Don Sancho Cartagena (Centro Histórico) 6 rooms from £179Local exploring - Located in Cartagena’s historic Walled City. Step out the door and get exploring!Sights nearby - Wander through the narrow flower filled streets of the historic walled city and admire the pretty colonial architecture.Local markets - Make a trip to the bustling food market Mercado de Bazurto for cheap authentic eats.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool.
A luxury hotel located in the historic walled city and just a short walk from the beach. Beautifully renovated throughout the house keeps its colonial charm mixed with a clean contemporary feel. Large rooms feature private terraces, wooden fans and high ceilings. A chic choice. See More
Bastión Luxury Hotel Cartagena (Centro Histórico) 51 rooms from £186Foodies - Foodies are spoiled for choice at this hotel; dine at the hotel restaurant, terrace bar or al fresco on the patioCity Style - Located in a heritage property in Cartagena's historic old town, this hotel has lots of local city styleRomantic Break - Couples love the romantic, colonial-style interiors and the chic rooftop poolSights nearby - Visit the San Felipe de Barajas Castle, a historic fortress located in Cartagena
This luxury hotel is located in Cartagena's historic old town. Rooms have colonial interiors and luxurious linens to complement the heritage property; book the Suite de Los Reyes for separate living space plus a private patio. Dine at the hotel restaurant before a spa treatment; a chic city hotel. See More
Movich Cartagena de Indias Cartagena (Centro) 32 rooms from £188Local exploring - Located in the vibrant old town of Cartagena, this hotel is perfectly located for local exploringCity Style - With interiors inspired by the Caribbean setting, this hotel boasts lots of local city styleRomantic Break - Book a luxury Bayside Suite for a whirpool bath and romantic balcony with city viewsSights nearby - Visit the Cartagena Cathedral, a colonial-era church and one of the oldest in the AmericasRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
This luxury hotel is located in the historic district of Cartagena, Colombia. Interiors are inspired by the Caribbean and feature limestone walls, native wood furnishings and local crafts; book the Bayside Suite for a private balcony. Enjoy views from the rooftop terrace bar; a refined city hotel. See More
Casa Pombo Luxury Apartments Cartagena (Centro) 47 rooms from £189City Style - Situated in a landmark, restored heritage property in Cartagena, this hotel has lots of local city styleLocal exploring - Located in the historic centre of Cartagena, this hotel is a great base for local exploring in the cityRomantic Break - Couples love the plush and romantic interiors at this hotel; book a luxury suite for a private hot tubSights nearby - Visit the Cartagena Cathedral, a Catholic church and local landmarkRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
This hotel offers luxury accommodation in a landmark heritage property in Cartagena, Colombia. Guestrooms feature exposed stone walls, antique furniture and a private terrace; book an apartment for contemporary interior design and a private pool. Unwind on the hotel's roof terrace; a refined hotel. See More
Casablanca B&B Cartagena 11 rooms from £203Romantic Break - Rooftop pool with chic white loungers, palm tree shaded courtyard, enormous white beds and cobbled city outside to exploreBoutique - This chic B&B offers cool white-on-white styleSights nearby - The Palace of the Inquisition and the Old Quarter are nearbySwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Contemporary B&B in colonial house. Elegant rooms are awash with white furnishings, antique furniture and granite bathrooms; some with open air showers. Two outdoor pool, rooftop bar with superb views and shady courtyard. Spa treatments available. Chic and romantic with lots of personable touches. See More
Casa del Coliseo Cartagena (Calle del Coliseo #35-23) 11 rooms from £208Boutique - A chic property set in a 17th century building which has been beautifully renovated with cool contemporary styleLocal exploring - A chic property right in the historic centre, ideal for exploring the sights by footFamilies - Extra bed can be arranged for children and there's a babysitting serviceSights nearby - Visit the grand palace Castillo de San Felipe de Barajas
Quadrifolio Cartagena 8 rooms from £208Local exploring - Located in the historical centre of Cartagena, perfect for strolling through the pretty streets of the Old QuarterRomantic Break - Unwind in the hot tub on the roofterrace overlooking the Cartagena cityscapeHistoric - Created from the ruins of a building dating back to the early 1700sHotel boats for hire - Rent the hotel's own speedboat for day tripsRecommended by - Tablet
Hotel Charleston Santa Teresa Cartagena 87 rooms from £212Local exploring - As well as day trips to tropical islands there is much to see within the walled city; museums, galleries boutiques & restaurantsHoneymoons - Take a spa treatment, enjoy the views, wander through the Old Town's cobbled streets before a romantic al fresco mealCity Style - The hotel's city-view facing rooftop pool is famous throughout Cartagena - for good reasonCooking classes - As well as a Colombian cooking class, enjoy a rum, fruit or coffee tasting experiencesRecommended by - Kiwi Collection
Glam boutique property with killer views over the Old Town. This former convent's romantic interiors blend colonial-style courtyards and antique furniture with contemproary color-schemes and slick city vistas. With three restaurants, bar, spa, sauna and rooftop pool there's no need to venture out. See More
Casa Cochera del Gobernador Cartagena (Centro) 12 rooms from £213Romantic Break - Couples love the luxurious suites at this hotel; book a couples' massage for a romantic night inLocal exploring - Located in the historic centre of the city, this is the perfect base for local exploringCity Style - Situated in a heritage property in Cartagena, this hotel has reams of local city styleSights nearby - Visit the historic Cartagena Cathedral, a stone's throw from this hotel
This luxury B&B occupies a restored, 16th-century colonial property in Cartagena, Colombia. Guestrooms boast high ceilings, 500-thread count linens and contemporary furnishings; book the Aljibe Suite which sits within a historic cistern in the city's old walls. Unwind at the spa; a chic city hotel. See More
Bovedas de Santa Clara Cartagena 18 rooms from £233Local exploring - Located in the historical centre of Cartagena de Indias and within easy reach of the city's attractionsBoutique - Expect chic contemporary interiors inside this beautiful 19th century republican buildingBirdwatching - Spend a morning birdwatching at Cienaga de la VirgenRomantic - Good for couples.
A boutique property in the heart of Cartagena de Indias. White on white throughout with beamed ceilings and natural objects as artwork. Rooms are well proportioned and have a whimsical, romantic air. Well located for city exploring or for heading out into the surrounding mountain range. Very chic. See More
Hotel Capellan Cartagena (Getsemaní Sector Cra 9 No. 29 - 52) 30 rooms from £253Hotel Entertainment - After a gruelling days sightseeing indulge in a massage followed by a cocktail on the roof overlooking the colourful city belowCity Style - An elegant and sophisticated hotel in the hip Getsemaní area- neutral tones, French furnishings and a cool rooftop bar!Sights nearby - Bolivar Park and the Palace of the Inquisition are both within striking distance of the hotelClose to nightlife - Getsemaní is known for its hip vibes and burgeoning night scene- head out and hit the bars
A pair of colonial townhouses fused together by glass, form this chic hotel just beyond Cartagena’s city walls. Elegance prevails within, think marble everything, muted tones and indulgent spa baths. The rooftop cocktail bar, complete with pool and hot tub, is a real draw. A perfect city stay. See More
Casa San Agustin Cartagena (Bolivar) 30 rooms from £320Colonial - The hotels is made up of three colonial houses now beautifully renovated giving them a fresh contemporary feelLocal exploring - Set within Cartenga's historic walls, find most of the major attractions within walking distanceRomantic Break - Book a yacht to the Islas del Rosario complete with your own private chefRestaurant - Contemporary coastal Colombian cuisine
Romantic and grand traditional Cartagenese house in the old town. White washed colonial buildings have frescoed ceilings, hand painted tiles, and coral stone walls. Enormous rooms and suites have high ceilings, four poster beds, and marble bathrooms. Lovely courtyard pool, restaurant and terraces. See More
Casa Pestagua Cartagena 11 rooms from £308City Style - A beautiful converted palace features carved stone windows, courtyards and royal palmsHot Tub - Soak in the rooftop hot tub and admire the amazing views over the cityFamilies - Some of the rooms have loft accomodation for childrenSwimming Pool - Large outdoor poolRecommended by - Tablet
Tcherassi Hotel & Spa Cartagena (Calle 38) 7 rooms from £574Foodies - Merging cuisine from Colombia’s two coasts (Caribbean and Pacific), dine on superb and sometimes firey seafoodHotel Entertainment - Spend evenings on the chic rooftop complete with a swimming pool and cocktail barSpa breaks - Unwind in WakanSpa which takes its inspiration from traditional Chinese medicineContemporary - Expect sleek white rooms with sleek modern furniture and artRecommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection, CN Traveller