Search the best hotels in Avoriaz
Avoriaz was the brainchild of Gerard Bremont who wished to create a ‘St. Tropez de Neige’ for the jet set of the time. To this end he hired bright young architects to design an alpine village inspired by Le Corbusier. The result is all high rise buildings and acute angles. Initially a playground for the rich and famous, Avoriaz is now much more mainstream. The best places to stay in Avoriaz are those with the best access to the slopes and you'll find plenty here that are ski-in ski-out.
The resort is on the main circuit of the vast "Portes du Soleil" - one of the largest ski areas in the world with around 700 kilometres of piste across France and Switzerland. There are runs here for all abilities and it's a great destination for both families (easy access to the slopes and car-free resort) and couples alike.
Avoriaz has also become a top downhill mountain biking venue and the resort has been a frequent host of stages of the Tour de France. It also caters for trekking, golf and many other summer outdoor pursuits.
What not to miss:
- Ski or board the beautifully manicured pistes with runs for every ability.
- Get an adrenaline kick on a high speed downhill mountain bike trail.
- Explore the miles of scenic hiking trails.
- Play a round on the picturesque Golf Club Avoriaz.
The best places to stay in Avoriaz are busy both in winter and summer, so if you want to guarantee a room (especially over New Year or February half term), get organised and book early.
For contemporary chic
- Hotel des Dromants is a luxury hotel featuring a quirky ultra modern design. Retro rooms take their inspiration from the 1960’s and most enjoy spectacular views. Plus there's an excellent restaurant specialising in Savoyard cuisine, a small spa, and the bar is a popular apres-ski hangout.
For an apartment or chalet
- If you're travelling with family or a group of friends it may be a better option to book a villa or apartment. For a wide range of properties for all tastes and budgets we recommend you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Geneva Cointrin International Airport (80 km from Avoriaz). By train travel to either Thonon les bains Station or Cluses Station Genève Station.
- The ski season runs from December to mid-April. For hiking or mountain biking plan your trip between June - August.
- If you plan to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Browse our list of the best places to stay in Avoriaz.
- Widen the net to include Morzine.
- Or contact a friendly guru for advice.
Monthly Weather in Avoriaz
Best Hotels in Avoriaz
Hotel Neige et Roc Avoriaz 30 rooms from £98Active Holiday - Set in the foothills of the Swiss Alps there are lots of options for active guests, from skiing to hiking and cyclingLocal exploring - Set out to explore the mountains or the charming village from this well-located hotelFamilies - This hotel is good for parents, with family suites which can accommodate childrenFull of character
This charming hotel is nestled at the foot of the Avoriaz and Les Portes du Soleil slopes in the Swiss Alps. Guestrooms feature pine furnishings and cosy throws, a perfect place to rest after a day's skiing. Sample regional dishes at the restaurant or book into the spa for a rejuvenating treatment. See More
MiL8 Hotel Avoriaz 42 rooms from £284Active Holiday - Set in one of the largest ski and winter sports areas in Europe, this hotel makes the perfect choice for an active breakFamilies - Families are well-catered to here, with family suites that can accommodate children and a kid's menu at the restaurantLocal exploring - Explore the charming village of Avoriaz and the surrounding mountains easily from this centrally located hotelRomantic - Good for couples.
This contemporary four-star hotel is located in the centre of Avoriaz. The modern guestrooms play with texture, contrasting leather headboards with wool throws and a corrugated wood closet, while porthole-style windows offer breathtaking mountain views. Enjoy après-ski in the cosy bar and lounge. See More
Hotel des Dromonts Avoriaz 35 rooms from £286Groups - Ski groups will love this quirky and fun hotel, with a happening bar, in Avoriaz, a purpose built ski resort town.Full of characterViews - Great views from hotelQuirky - An experience!Recommended by - Tablet
A luxury hotel with quirky contemporary design. Cosy, near futuristic rooms, with sixties inspired colouring and plush carpets. The restaurant features Savoyard specialties and there's also après-ski fun at the bar. A small spa for relaxing. Skiing starts straight from the door. Uber chic. See More