Search the best hotels in Vouliagmeni
Dress to impress when you visit Vouliagmeni. Sometimes called the 'Athens Riviera', this sun-kissed stretch of Argo-Saronic Gulf coastline is the glitziest address in Greece. The best places to stay in Vouliagmeni include fabulous resort-style hotels with gorgeous pools, fine-dining restaurants, glittering sea views and lounges and cocktail bars frequented by beautiful people. Around them are gourmet restaurants, designer boutiques, private beaches and clubs that host a world-class party scene all summer long.
This is a destination in its own right - but the iconic sights of Athens are less than 30 minutes from the best places to stay in Vouliagmeni, and upscale hotels are happy to arrange transfers and private guided tours for their guests. Athens International Airport is less than 40 minutes away.
What not to miss
- Spend a day exploring the sights of ancient Athens.
- Swim in natural mineral-rich waters at Vouliagmeni Lake.
- Follow in Byron's footsteps to the Temple of Poseidon at Cape Sounion, where the poet name carved his name into the base of one of its columns.
- Dance the night away at Island, the most spectacularly glamorous of Vouliagmeni's summer dance clubs.
- Head for carnivore heaven at Vari, where the main drag is dedicated to psistaria restaurants specialising in deeply authentic dishes like grilled lamb, kid, sheep's head, and offal dishes like kokoretsi, gardouba, and mageiritsa (tripe soup).
- Go scuba diving from Anavissos - there are wreck and wall dives not far offshore. Hotels can arrange transfers.
But don't forget that if you want to guarantee a room in one of the best places to stay in Vouliagmeni during the peak summer months, you'll need to get organised and book well ahead!
The Best places to stay in Vouliagmeni
- The Four Seasons Astir Palace is the queen of the Athens Riviera – a luxury oasis with seven restaurants and an unbeatable location on its own beach. Suites with private pools are perfect for couples, while bungalows appeal to families.
- Divani Apollon Palace is a large luxury property with the only Thalassotherapy spa in the region. Come here for smart, modern rooms and suites most with wonderful views, plus gourmet seafood cuisine.
- Vouliagmeni Suites is a chic, petite beauty with luxurious, eye-catching rooms and suites. Perfect for a romantic short break.
- Somewhere Boutique Hotel charms foodies with its gourmet restaurant and seafront location. The pick of the suites have private terraces.
- The Margi is an ultra-stylish cocoon with fab views, beach access, floodlit pool and fine wining and dining.
Just down the coast
- Just down the coast from Vouliagmeni, we also recommend the Grand Resort Lagonissi, a luxury property with fabulous sea views. Spacious rooms and suites, the best of which come with private pool, plus numerous restaurants, tennis courts, and much more!
For an apartment or Villa
- If you think that self-catering is more your thing, then check out the range with our online partner, Booking.com.
- The nearest airport is Athens International, just over 20km (or 30 mins) away.
- Vouliagmeni enjoys a temperate year round climate, but the temperatures soar during the peak summer months, with average highs of around 34 degrees celsius in July. The shoulder seasons of May-June and September - October are a good option for cooler days, quieter beaches and lower room prices!
- If you plan to hire a car to explore further afield, we recommend you look at the prices from our partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Vouliagmeni
The Margi Vouliagmeni 88 rooms from £112City StyleRomantic BreakBeach LifeLuxuryRecommended by - Tablet, Small Luxury Hotels
A super luxury hotel in an upscale district on the edge of Athens. Boutique living areas, rooms and suites are sophisticated in style and have all the mod cons. Wonderful views of the sea, huge lounge areas and pool, easy access to the beach and into Athens. The best of both worlds! See More
Vouliagmeni Suites Vouliagmeni 35 rooms from £146Back to Nature - Located on the verdant peninsula in Vouliagmeni, this hotel overlooks the sea and pine forests; a beautiful retreat to natureLocal exploring - This hotel is well-located for exploring local beaches, taking trips to Athens and discovering the natural landscapeHideaway - Located in a peaceful, coastal location out of the city centre, this hotel makes a great hideaway destinationSights nearby - Visit Lake Vouliagmeni, a natural lake fed by the mountain which also has a hot spring
This boutique, four-star hotel is located on the exclusive Athens Riviera. Rooms are individually styled with eye-catching patterns and luxurious fabrics; the best suites have a private terrace with sea views and living space. Dine at the restaurant, relax at the bar or by the pool. A chic stay. See More
Grand Resort Lagonissi Vouliagmeni (Lagonissi) 191 rooms from £226Diving - Dive into the tranquil waters of the sea and explore the seabed of the Athenian RivieraSailing - Hire a boat and explore the picturesque and remote coves set along the coastlineHideaway - Tranquil and intimate.Kids Club - Fully staffed.
A luxury beachfront hotel with epic sea views. The modern buildings reference traditional local architecture. Rooms are classic and contemporary with large windows framing the views and the suites boast private pools. There's a wide choice of restaurants and the indulgent spa is not to be missed! See More
Somewhere Boutique Hotel Vouliagmeni 11 rooms from £246Hideaway - Nestled in the Vouliagmeni peninsula, away from the bustling city centre, this hotel is a perfect hideaway destinationBeach Life - With its pretty coastal location and great access to local beaches, this hotel is a perfect seaside getawayRomantic Break - Couples love the hotel's cosy suites and the pretty outdoor poolSights nearby - Visit Lake Vouliagmeni, a beautiful natural lake fed by the mountains which has a hot spring
This smart boutique hotel is located in Vouliagmeni, Athens. Rooms are cosy, dressed in an earthy palette with soft lighting. The best suites have a private terrace with sea views and ample living space. Sample the à la carte menu at the gourmet hotel restaurant; a stylish and modern seafront hotel. See More
Divani Apollon Palace Vouliagmeni 336 rooms from £273Romantic Break - Couples will love the cosy suites with sea views; book in at the spa for an added touch of romance on your couple's getawayFamilies - With spacious suites available and a great range of activities available for children, this is a good family optionBeach Life - With access to its own private beach, this hotel is a great choice for a relaxing seaside holidaySwimming Pool - There are two outdoor pools plus indoor thalassotherapy pool in the spa
Prestigious hotel and Thalassotherapy centre with a seafront location. Suites are modern and understated with a splash of colour in the soft furnishings. Marble bathrooms add a luxury feel; the best suites have a private terrace with sea views. Book in at the plush spa; a world-class hotel. See More
Four Seasons Astir Palace Vouliagmeni 303 rooms from £576Families - The self-contained bungalows are great for families travelling with children; there's a range of activities available for kidsHideaway - Nestled half an hour from the centre of Athens, this hotel is a perfect hideaway holiday destinationBack to Nature - Situated on the tip of a pine-clad peninsula, this hotel makes a great retreat to natureSurfing - Enjoy a day on the waves with a surfing trip during your stay; enquire at the hotel about surf schools
This luxury hotel sits on the Athens Riviera, 30 minutes from the historic centre. Rooms are bright and airy, with large windows and furniture in a pleasing pastel palette. The best suites have a private pool with pretty sea views. Dine at one of 7 restaurants or relax by the pool. See More