Search the best hotels in Berkshire
If your travel plans include Windsor, Bray, Newbury, Sandhurst, Eton or Ascot, then you’re travelling to Berkshire. Likewise if you’re passing through Reading, Maidenhead or Bracknell Forest. Even foodies heading off on the train to Bray, to visit Michelin-starred The Fat Duck, or The Waterside Inn, are heading off to Berkshire. So our recommendations for the best places to stay in Berkshire are a varied collection from wonderful country inns and pubs-with-rooms, to Windsor pied-a-terres, or extravagant country house hotels converted from grand manor houses and Michelin strarred restaurants with rooms.
The royal family are locals, and the British Prime Minister’s country residence, Chequers, is in Berkshire too. A trip to Windsor Castle or a day at Ascot Race Course are popular excursions, though Windsor Great Park and Legoland might be more your scene if you’re travelling with children in tow. There are plenty of wonderful riverside walks, or water-based activities to attempt if the weather is pleasant.
However don't forget that this region is exceptionally busy at certain times of the year (Royal Ascot for example). So if you want to guarantee a room in one of the best places to stay in Berkshire, get organised and book well ahead.
The Best Places to Stay in Berkshire
For a Special Occasion
- Long time haunt of the anyone who could wrangle themselves an invitation — from Chaplin to Churchill and Laurence to Lennon — Cliveden House is a stunning stately home with genuine Old Masters adorning the walls and a priceless collection of antiques. There's a boating lake, tennis courts, croquet lawns, pools and spa, and people to drive you wherever you need to go. You’re just 45 minutes from London, but the stylish, National Trust owned surroundings and luxurious details make this a trip-back-in-time.
- Monkey Island Estate is a serenely elegant, white Palladian mansion on Monkey Island, which is in the Thames. So the views from the lawns are entirely charming in all directions. The interiors are elegant too, from the carefully restored grander rooms in the original building, to more countryfied self-catering cottages — perfect for families or groups. We love the floating spa (on a canal boat!) and the fine dining restaurant, run by a chef who previously headed up the kitchen of The Savoy.
Best Country House Hotels
- Converted from a Georgian-built manor house, Coworth Park is a quintessentially English countryside retreat, now with a luxurious eco-spa, a choice of restaurants — one Michelin-starred — and bars, and excellent equestrian facilities. Part of the Dorchester Collection, you can expect five star luxury and service as standard. This is a beautifully decorated hotel and a dream for anyone of a horsey persuasion.
- The Retreat at Elcot Park is the result of a re-imagining of a beautiful 18th century country house. Set on sixteen acres, the wonderfully revitalising landscape remains the same, as does some of the charmingly welcoming facade, and the offer of horse-drawn barge trips, but the interiors have been fancied up 21st century style, and feature House of Hackney, as well as William Morris wallpapers, copper roll-top baths, elegant antiques and contemporary colour combinations. The tennis courts are close by, there’s a pool and spa, a cinema room, and an excellent restaurant. The family suites have well designed bunk beds.
For a Rural Escape
- The Vineyard at Stockcross is a five star country retreat with a 30,000 strong wine cellar, an excellent restaurant, an award-winning spa and 49 individually themed, spacious and elegant rooms and suites. If you, or your loved one needs a bit of pampering this is the place to come.
- The Dundas Arms is a Grade II listed Georgian inn on the banks of the Kennet River in picturesque Kintbury, close to Newbury. The views from the eight classically country house bedrooms are peaceful and rural, but with luxurious bathrooms and wonderful feature wallpapers. Some of the rooms have private terraces. There’s a welcoming pub plus a more formal dining room.
- Newbury’s The Crab and Boar is a historic pub in a beautiful rural setting overlooking the Newbury Downs. The historic bit is impressive: the pub traces its roots back to 1644, and famous former guests include Oliver Cromwell. It was refurbished in 2015, and now has a rustic inn/boutique hotel vibe — the perfect weekend bolthole. There are five suites, all with outdoor hot tubs, and nine rooms, richly furnished with deep baths. We particularly like the field-to-fork game in the 2 AA Rosette restaurant, and the retro novelties.
- The Pheasant is a beautifully refurbished rural inn peacefully set overlooking the Berkshire Downs. Its 14 light-filled, smartly decorated rooms benefit from pale decor with pops of colour, sash windows, and elegant botanical prints. Downstairs in the pub and restaurant you can feast on exemplary fare after days spent taking long walks in the picturesque surrounding countryside.
- The Bunk Inn is a stylish country pub in the pretty village of Curridge. As well as having a friendly bar, there's a lively restaurant converted from former stables — with a fantastic skylight, and great gastropub menu. The accommodation is in seven rooms, decorated in dark colours with rustic details for a sophisticated feel. Great value and ideally located for walkers.
- The Sir Christopher Wren is a large and grand hotel, right on the river Thames on a leafy Windsor stretch, just across the bridge from Eton. Its 133 rooms and suites offer plenty of useful family-friendly configurations, all decorated in a sophisticated palette of blues and greys, in classic hotel style. Downstairs in the communal areas the decor is much more ornate, with impressive art and antique collections romantically lit by chandeliers and many silk-shaded lamps.The restaurant is excellent, and spills outside onto a terrace and gardens when the weather allows for it.
- Bray’s The Waterside Inn is the ultimate foodie venue. Until his death, Michel Roux, and son Alain ran the place and have three Michelin stars for their troubles. Now Alain Roux continues alone. There are 22 sumptuous suites and rooms — some of the larger ones arranged in cottages nearby — and a wonderful French breakfast served to your room on wicker trays.
- Gilbey's in Windsor is a buzzing restaurant, complete with elegant studio apartment and king-sized room upstairs. The restaurant is undoubtedly one of the best in town with imaginative menus and an excellent wine list. The accommodation is traditionally stylish, with well chosen decor and all the mod cons.
- The Bull Inn is a charming riverside pub-with-rooms in Sonning-on-Thames, near Reading. There are just seven rooms in three different sizes. All of them feel light, but cosy, with printed wallpapers, and furnishings that are a great mix of real antiques, and reproductions. The hearty restaurant fare adds to the charm, and to the pub’s popularity with walkers. Bring your dog and/or your kids.
For a Royal Visit
- The Castle Hotel Windsor M Gallery is an elegant choice, just across the way from Windsor Castle. Interiors are classic in style with muted shades — except for the cheery dining room and restaurant. Included amongst the 108 rooms and suites are some great family options, and a couple of rooms allow pets.
- Central Windsor’s Royal Adelaide is a Georgian era property with 43 rooms and suites, just few minutes' walk from the castle. This is the sort of hotel with a charming lounge and afternoon tea offering, while the Heritage Restaurant offers a more casual experience for breakfast and suppers. Family suites and pet-friendly options mean this is a hotel for everyone.
- The Elephant at Pangbourne is a beautifully quirky hotel in a bustling village right beside the Thames. Loved by design aficionados, and anyone who appreciates unique accommodation, The Elephant has just 22 individually designed rooms and suites, featuring handcrafted Indian furniture. The restaurant has an excellent reputation, and you’re just a short drive from Windsor, and from the races at Ascot or Newbury.
- The Eton Mess is a chic restaurant with rooms snuggled into an historic building in Windsor. There are just five rooms, all of them boldly decorated in confident colours, with statement art, and great objects and furniture. There’s also a small, and rather sexy, dining room and cocktail bar. Coffee machines, music docks, smart TVs and Prosecco on arrival make this an extra romantic choice.
- The Roseate, Reading is an elegant, red-brick mansion in Forbury Gardens, close to a large park dating from the Victorian era. The facade is grand, with pillars and an enormous balcony and within there’s plenty of grandeur too: more pillars and marble, and open fireplaces. The 23 rooms and suites feel spacious, and are decorated with a confident eye for colour, bold fabrics and furnishings. Expect patterns and commissioned artwork throughout. The gourmet restaurant is memorable for all the right reasons.
For Great Value
- The Market House is a chic, boutique style hotel in the centre of Reading, with a collection of 24 rooms and suites in a range of shapes and sizes that means you'll find some great value options, as well as fancier picks. Expect an eclectic collection of decorative choices, but plenty of colour, original art, and a good amount of wicker. Even the bathrooms have been creatively imagined. The Market House has a couple of bars, including one on the rooftop, and their sourdough pizzas are very good.
- The Royal Oak is a quintessentially British Inn set in the quietly pretty village of Yattendon, surrounded by pretty countryside. Its ten rooms are light and airy, painted in white and creams set against the building’s original uneven beams. The pub serves an excellent array of local ales, and in the dining room you’ll be offered modern British fare.
Prefer a Private Apartment or Cottage?
- If you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- International visitors could feasibly fly into any London Airport, though the closest to Berkshire is Heathrow. If you're heading from Heathrow to Reading then you can hop on the train which takes just over an hour. Those going to Windsor can take the First Bus 8 from the airport which takes under an hour and runs regularly from 6am to 10pm.
- If you want to hire a car we recommend you visit our online partner, Rentalcars.
- Berkshire’s climate is mild, not far off that of London. If you’re planning to do a lot outdoors, the best time to visit Berkshire will be in the spring and summer months, from April until September. Spring flowers liven up Berkshire’s green countryside, or, if you prefer the changing colours of leaves, then autumn will offer you the same colourful cacophony. Like a lot of the UK, Berkshire gets rain indiscriminately, so there’s not really a season or month to avoid if you want to avoid the rain. It’s better just to pack your wet weather gear and cross your fingers!
Still not sure where to stay?
- Refine your search by the kind of accommodation you’re looking for, and consider just the best Pubs-with-Rooms in Berkshire, Berkshire's most romantic hotels or Berkshire’s best country escapes
- Refine your search by location to just the best places to stay in Windsor or Reading
- Or you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
Monthly Weather in Berkshire
Best Hotels in Berkshire
The Market House Reading 24 rooms from $104Short break - Reading is located less than an hour away by train from London making this a convenient choice for a quick weekend getawayLocal exploring - Located in the heart of Reading with attractions, restaurants, and shops all within walking distanceSights nearby - Visit the ruins of Reading Abbey which dates back 900 years or Highclere Castle which is where Downton Abbey was filmedGreat walks - Take a stroll along the beautiful Thames Path and stop at one of the pubs for a quick ale
A chic boutique hotel located in the heart of Reading. Stylish rooms come in different styles but each has wicker fixtures, bold colours, & exposed brick. The bathrooms are modern & stylish and offer Bramley toiletries. With sourdough pizzas & several bars (one on the rooftop) this is a trendy stay. See More
The Bunk Inn nr Newbury, Berkshire 7 rooms from $114Country Escape - Expect stylish rooms, hearty food and glorious countryside to be explored.Sights nearby - Discover the stunning Highclere Castle which was the setting for TV series Downton Abbey.Great walks - Discover miles of beautiful walking trails starting from near the property.Full of character
A stylish country inn located in the small village of Curridge and easily accessible from London. Smartly designed rooms feature dark hues, crisp white linen and rustic chic furniture. A lively restaurant, set in a converted stables, serves award winning gastro pub fare. See More
The Roseate, Reading Reading (Reading, Berkshire) 23 rooms from $123Foodies - Sample local produce expertly crafted into contemporary British dishes. The cocktails are noteworthy too!Romantic Break - A luxurious stay complete with superb dining, ideal for romantic breaksSights nearby - The medieval Reading Abbey is a short walk away, and why not check out nearby Windsor on a day trip too?Birdwatching - There is a variety of birds to look out for on the Thames Valley walksRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Luxury hotel in an historic red-brick mansion in Forbury Gardens, a lovely Victorian town park. Furnished in a hip and quirky manner with bold designer pieces and fabrics, while commissioned artworks are peppered throughout. Boasting a mouthwatering gourmet menu — prepare to be delighted! See More
Bel & The Dragon Cookham Cookham, Berkshire 10 rooms from $127Local exploring - An affordable & incredibly pleasant base from which to explore the area's attractions or simply enjoy a country weekendRestaurant - Excellent restaurant & bar serves British food with a modern twist. The cosy pub setting will appeal to manyFamilies - Family rooms & a separate five-bedroom cottage mean there are plenty of options for larger groupsHistoric - One of the oldest coaching inns in England — discover over 600 years of history
Historic gastro-pub with rooms in the centre of a quaint country village. The popular restaurant uses the best local ingredients on its menu of British classics. Rooms are compact but cosy; expect underfloor heating, lovely bathrooms & warm homely touches. Traditional property with a current feel. See More
The Royal Oak, Berkshire Berkshire 10 rooms from $127Country Escape - An ideal rural pub set in a quaint village and serving a choice selection of ales and hearty food.Cooking classes - Book a cooking course at the Mike Robinson cookery school in Yattendon.Great walks - Find numerous walking trails starting straight from the property.Sights nearby - Visit the National Trust Georgian mansion Basildon Park.Recommended by - Sawdays
A self-proclaimed quintessentially British Inn set in a quiet village surrounded by pretty countryside. Cosy rooms feature white washed walls interrupted by uneven beams, softly patterned fabrics and traditional art. Contemporary British fare is served in the restaurant alongside excellent ales. See More
Queens Arms Berkshire 8 rooms from $128Sights nearby - The Queen’s Arms is 25 minutes’ drive from the pretty Wiltshire market town of MarlboroughTraditional - Queen’s Arms Hotel offers the character of a glorious bygone eraFishing - Enjoy chalk stream fishing in the Rivers Kennet and LambournViews - Many of the rooms have views of the paddocks.Recommended by - Sawdays
Situated in the beautiful Lambourn Valley, this hotel encapsulates the charm of a bygone era. The restaurant serves a classic English menu accompanied by a great wine list. The bedrooms are akin to traditional Inn rooms but with luxury, contemporary touches such as power showers and sumptuous beds. See More
The Great House, Berkshire Berkshire 49 rooms from $128Romantic Break - Lovely accommodation and a superb location makes The Great House a top choice for a romantic getawayActive Holiday - There are a number of activities on offer to get you out enjoying your surroundingsGreat walks - Head off on long hikes around the area or wander through Dinton Pastures Country ParkBirdwatching - Feathers & Fur Falconry Centre has a wonderfully diverse array of bird species
The Great House enjoys a wonderful riverside location in Sonning-on-Thames, Berkshire. Quirky contemporary accommodation offered in the historic 16th century palace yard, 17th century coach house or the clock tower. Chic furnishings and bright colours. Homely dishes are served. A lovely retreat! See More
The Winning Post Berkshire 10 rooms from $137Local exploring - Ideally located to access Ascot and Royal Windsor racecourses.Sights nearby - Discover the history and explore the gardens at Windsor Castle.Full of characterRestaurant - Recommended.
Aptly named due to its proximity to the Ascot racecourse, the Winning post, is a traditional inn with plenty of charm. Roaring fires, hearty food served in the restaurant and a great selection of ales are provided downstairs. On top a handful of traditionally dressed rooms are comfortable and cosy. See More
The Hare and Hounds Newbury, Berkshire 30 rooms from $141Restaurant - The restaurant is well regarded and always busy. Regularly changing menus offer brasserie/pub classicsLocal markets - The Sunday market on Northbrook street offers arts and crafts and vintage clothes, plus street food.Sights nearby - Newbury racecourse is nearby, also Highclere Castle of Downton Abbey fame.Short break - Well positioned for short breaks from London.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Racing themed 17th century Georgian coaching inn close to the Berkshire Downs, on the edge of Newbury. A good selection of comfortable rooms in the converted stables and coach house, the best with in-room copper tubs. Excellent food and cosy bar. A good value and relaxing stay close to London. See More
The Christopher, Eton Windsor 34 rooms from $147Local exploring - Fab base for exploring all that both Eton & Windsor have to offer on footLearning - Located adjacent to Eton College, one of the world's most famous schoolsHistoric - Quintessentially English, the property dates from the 16th centurySights nearby - Walk to St Georges Chapel. Built in the late-medieval Perpendicular Gothic style, it's located wtihin Windsor Castle
Historic property located on Eton High Street. While the atmospheric pub & restaurant face the town, rooms are situated around a quiet courtyard. Individually styled, expect contemporary splashes of colour & one-of-a-kind decor. Enjoy smart TVs, Hypnos beds & coffee machines. Charming pied-a-terre. See More
The Eton Mess Windsor 5 rooms from $147Romantic Break - Intimate vibe, atmospheric dining plus rooms designed with couples in mind makes this a fab options for weekends awayLocal exploring - Well-located for exploring all there is to do in and around Windsor & EtonRestaurant - Inviting fireside dining room with pub-style bar serves deliciously on-trend small plates & fantastic cocktailsBarefoot Luxury - Spoiling touches include a glass of prosecco on arrival, music docks, smart TVs & coffee machines
Cool and contemporary restaurant with boutique bedrooms. Nestled within a charming historic building, recently-renovated rooms feature fun decor, boldly coloured walls, statement artwork and electric fireplaces. Small but sexy dining room and cocktail bar make this an ideal choice for date nights. See More
The Pheasant Shefford Woodlands, Berkshire 14 rooms from $147Country Escape - A lovely rural spot with easy access to London, ideal for weekends away.Sights nearby - Visit Highclere Castle set in 1,000 acres of sweeping Hampshire parkland landscaped by 18th century gardener Capability Brown.Local markets - Scour the Wednesday and Saturday markets for local produce in the historical town of Malborough.Great walks - Take long walks through the North Wessex Downs, declared an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Just off the M4 in the North Wessex Downs, this boutique bolthole successfully serves both metropolitans and locals alike. Seasonal local produce and roaring fires make this a popular dining destination, and a stylish makeover in soft fabrics and comfy beds offers supreme comfort for overnighters. See More
Royal Adelaide Windsor 43 rooms from $154Local exploring - Pretty rooms are lovely to return to after sightseeing, shopping or attending sporting events in Windsor & beyondSights nearby - Walk to Windsor Castle in under 15 minutes. It's the largest inhabited castle in the world & the oldest in continuous occupationRestaurant - Palm Court Lounge serves a classic Afternoon Tea. The Heritage Restaurant offers a casual experience for breakfast & dinnerGreat walks - Take a stroll in Windsor Great Park. For something different, try a carriage ride
A historic property recently refurbished to reflect 21st-century style. Airy rooms are on the cosy side but boast playful Asiatic design touches including screens and floral wallpapers. The central location makes this a safe choice for business or leisure visits. See More
The Crab and Boar Newbury, Berkshire 14 rooms from $165Country Escape - With loads of country pursuits on the doorstep The Crab and Boar is perfect for a weekend getaway.Romantic Break - For a cheeky romantic break this is perfect. Book a hot tub room and enjoy!Restaurant - Great restaurant which prides itself on serving the best of British food from oysters to scotch eggs!Private Hot Tub - Several of the bedrooms have their own patios and outdoor hot tubsRecommended by - Sawdays
The Crab and Boar is an historic rural pub with rooms providing contemporary countryside accommodation with comfortable, cosy interiors and a relaxing restaurant. Some rooms have a private hot tub and terrace. Plenty of country pursuits and outdoor activities nearby. For perfect weekend getaways. See More
The Dundas Arms Kintbury,, Berkshire 8 rooms from $167Local markets - The nearby market town of Newbury has plenty of shops selling local produce.Fishing - Fly fishing on the River Kennet is popular in the summer months.Great walks - Traverse the Ridgeway National Trail.Restaurant - Recommended.
The Dundas Arms is a grade II listed Georgian inn on the banks of the Kennet, in picturesque Kintbury. Eight rooms are decorated in classic country house style, with feature wallpapers & luxurious bathrooms - river rooms with private terraces. Formal & pub style dining ensure something for all. See More
Bull Inn Reading 7 rooms from $172Short break - Located around an hour and a half from London, this is an easy choice for a quick weekend breakCountry Escape - With cosy rooms, hearty food, and wonderful walks — this is a charming rural hideawayGreat walks - Take long walks through some of the 335 acres of Dinton Pastures Country ParkBirdwatching - There are three hides for birdwatching in Dinton Pastures Country Park
A charming 16th-century pub set near the river in pretty Sonning-on-Thames. Rooms come in three sizes but each feels cosy. Original features remain but the printed wallpapers, fixtures and fittings, and bathrooms are contemporary. With hearty pub fare — this is a welcoming stay. See More
The Swan Streatley, Berkshire 47 rooms from $177Families - Chilled vibe makes this the perfect place for relaxed breaks with the whole gang; kids will adore the Family Room's bunk bedsLocal exploring - Fantastic location for exploring all that Oxford, The Cotswolds & Berkshire have to offerRiverside - Occupies a prime patch of real estate on the banks of the River ThamesRestaurant - The Coppa Club serves on-trend European food in a beautiful setting; think small plates, pizzas & healthy salads
Heavenly riverside hotel with a buzzing restaurant in a quaint village. Historic exterior has been jazzed up to feel of the moment; cool, contemporary & cosy interiors blend bold colours & mid-century-inspired furnishings. With a gym, bar & garden, this is a fab option for weekends away. See More
Castle Hotel Windsor M Gallery Windsor 108 rooms from $181Weddings - Provides a grand setting for those after weddings inspired by royalty, plus dedicated staff, local suppliers & great packagesLocal exploring - Ideal location for exploring the royal county; you're close to historic sites, golf courses & family-friendly entertainmentBusiness meetings - 12 meetings rooms provide the back-drop for board meetings, away-days & conferences. There's also great catering optionsSights nearby - Prime location opposite the castle provides a fab vantage point for the daily famous 'Changing of the Guard' ceremony
An elegant luxury hotel located opposite Windsor Castle. Fresh and of the moment decor compliments the property's rich history. Sleek rooms blend indulgent metallic tones with heritage details and deluxe amenities. A classic good-value choice with a great set-up for events. See More
Monkey Island Estate Maidenhead (BRAY) 41 rooms from $191Foodies - The head chef, William Hemming, previously headed The Savoy amongst others and brings his skills to create modern British dishesRomantic Break - With elegant interiors, a standout location, and fine dining — this is the perfect setting for a romantic getawayGroups - Self-catering cottages of various sizes are a great option for groupsGreat walks - Explore the 4800 acres of sweeping parkland, award-winning gardens, ancient woodland and forest trails of Windsor Great ParkRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
A historic Grade I Palladian mansion set on Monkey Island in The Thames. Elegantly restored throughout, the property blends modern and traditional styles. Choose from slick rooms and suites or cottages ideal for groups. With fine dining and a floating spa, this is ideal for luxury rural breaks. See More
The Retreat at Elcot Park Newbury, Berkshire 55 rooms from $192Spa breaks - The Signet Spa boasts a hydrotherapy pool, sauna, steam room, hair and nail salon and extensive range of treatmentsFamilies - As well as good accommodation options, there are plenty of child friendly activities on offerSights nearby - Plenty of nearby national trust houses and gardens within easy reach. Highclere House (aka Downtown Abbey) is down the road!Restaurant - There are two restaurants: one brasserie and one Pan-Asian fine dining
A recently restored 18th-century country house hotel and spa set in sixteen acres. Snack pantries, an outdoor pool and horse-drawn barge trips join all the usual suspects of a 21st century re-imagined pile - four-posters and roll-top baths. Contemporary details, fun, affordable & family friendly. See More
The Elephant at Pangbourne Pangbourne, Berkshire 22 rooms from $199Restaurant - Recommended.Quirky - An experience!TraditionalRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
Rural, chic hotel in a bustling village. Handcrafted Indian furniture, oriental rugs, delicate fabrics. Elegant restaurant with local produce. See More
The Crazy Fox Berkshire 4 rooms from $199Local exploring - Ideally positioned in a pretty village close to London, surrounded by good restaurants and numerous activities.Sights nearby - Visit Windsor Castle, the largest and oldest inhabited castle anywhere in the world.Great walks - Take picturesque walks along the Thames path.Full of character
A chic boutique B&B located in the pretty village of Hurley, just a short drive from London. Four individually styled rooms are light and bright with soft hues, simple furniture and contemporary bathrooms. Indulgent breakfasts are served and picturesque countryside is just minutes away. See More
Hurley House Hotel Berkshire 10 rooms from $205Total relaxation - The ideal spot to fully unwind and rejuvenate- bask in the peaceful surroundings and make use of their extensive spa facilitiesFoodies - Michelin star chef Michael Chapman is in charge of Hurley House's exquisite cuisineGreat walks - Head off hiking around the Berkshire countryside or take a stroll through the riverside town of MarlowSailing - There's plenty of opportunity to go rowing on the Thames and the Henley Regata is not to be missed!Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Sawdays
Hurley House Hotel is a reinvention of the classic English inn, providing boutique and contemporary accommodation in the heart of Berkshire. Its rooms are decorated in a smart fashion and come with an en-suites. Sit out in the large garden on sunny days. A wonderfully relaxing spot! See More
The Vineyard at Stockcross Newbury, Berkshire 49 rooms from $249Foodies - Head chef Daniel Galmiche specialises in classic french/Mediterranean cuisine with a modern twist.Spa - Award wining spa with a wide range of therapies and treatments on offer.Sights nearby - 10 minutes from Highclere CastleGreat walks - On the South DownsRecommended by - Relais & Chateaux
5* country escape close to Newbury in Berkshire, just an hour from London. A 30,000 strong wine cellar in a luxury hotel with award winning spa for the ultimate pampering. Spacious rooms and suites offer elegant comfort. The perfect country getaway for romance, girlie breaks or simply a great meal. See More
Gilbey's Windsor (Berkshire) 2 rooms from $256Local exploring - Located on Eton High Street, a short walk from Windsor Castle and Eton College.Great walks - Take a stroll through the picturesque Windsor Great Park.Sights nearby - Take a tour of the Queen's residence, Windsor Castle.Full of character
A buzzing restaurant complete with elegant studio apartment and king room. The restaurant is undoubtedly one of the best in town with imaginative menus & excellent wine list. The accommodation is traditional in style yet complete with all the mod-cons. A fabulous base to explore this royal region. See More
Sir Christopher Wren Windsor (Berkshire) 133 rooms from $275Local exploring - A fittingly grand hotel in the heart of this royal town.Great walks - Stroll through Savill Garden, part of the Royal Landscape in Windsor Great Park.Sights nearby - Take a tour of the Queen's residence, Windsor Castle.Romantic - Good for couples.
A grand hotel boasting beautiful views over the Thames. Contemporary rooms are light and airy with soft patterns and simple furnishings. Downstairs is a completely different affair with ornate reception rooms complete with antiques, fireplaces and gilded frames. There's a fabulous restaurant too. See More
The Waterside Inn Maidenhead 11 rooms from $282Restaurant - The Waterside Inn holds three Michelin stars.Restaurant with roomsTraditionalRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Relais & Chateaux
Ultimate foodie venue with three Michelin stars, on the banks of the river Thames. Run by top chef Alain Roux (son of the late Michel Roux). Sumptuous suites and bedrooms, a destination treat. See More
Coworth Park Ascot, Berkshire 70 rooms from $410Restaurant - Michelin starredSpa - Conde Nast Best Destination Spa 2017Swimming Pool - Indoor PoolFour poster beds - For romantics.Recommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection
This elegant country retreat on London’s doorstep delivers the Dorchester Collection's signature of five-star luxury and discreet service. A grand spa and outdoor country pursuits provide a mix of indulgence and activity, while Restaurant Coworth Park offers Michelin starred British fare. See More
Cliveden House Taplow, Berkshire 44 rooms from $600Swimming Pool - Indoor and Outdoor PoolsCountry House - Grand neoclassical pileRestaurant - Recommended.AntiquesRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Frommers, Kiwi Collection
Boasting a spectacular rural setting and a famous history, Cliveden House is one of the great country houses of Britain. Feel like an extra in Downtown Abbey, explore the National Trust estate, relax in the spa, have a cocktail in the Library bar plus two restaurants and the best beds in the world. See More